Contact us

FSC Spin-Off Promotions Thread

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
To all Participants,

The FSC Spin-Off Promotions Thread is a forum-thread where the FSC Spin-Off Participants can promote their entries (post pictures/song lyrics/info on artist/group etc) each FSC Spin-Off edition.

It makes it easier for everyone to go to one place in the FSC Spin-Off Forum and find the promotions here.

This is how it works:

1. The FSC Spin-Off Participants may promote their FSC Spin-Off entries in this thread. NB! This can only be done once the FSC Spin-Off edition has officially been started.

2. It is voluntary to post promotions in this thread, but it gives each Participant a chance to share information about their chosen artist or group, perhaps why an entry was selected for participation, or other interesting facts about the entry or artist/group.

3. This FSC Spin-Off Promotions Thread is for entry-promotions only, no discussions/talk/comments etc must be posted here (that is to be done in the edition's Show-thread).

Have fun promoting - and good luck to all entries!
tqcd9Op.png

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Head Mod

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC Spin-Off: November 2019 - Kazakhstan

:kz: Kazakhstan - Dimash Kudaibergen - Ogni Pietra (Olimpico)

rfEfgpG.jpg

rfEfgpG.jpg

FSC November 2019 Spin-Off: ‘Best Of: Personal Favourite’

Lyrics

This sensational vocalist & performer is probably my Favourite male music artist these days , and I wanted
to share one of his songs with you all in this FSC Spin-Off for Kazakhstan. He's probably the most talented
young male vocalist (ref. his vocal range, control, technical competence) I have experienced in my lifetime
and is surely already up there with the best male singers in the world, now receiving worldwide recognition

I love this powerful & epic 'battlehymn' classical Opera-style song (in Italian) & his charismatic live perform
ance which showcases Dimash's sensational talent in a perfect way . You'd almost think he's an angel sent
down to earth to enthrall us all with his otherworldly skills. He is certainly not human as we know it . Enjoy!

xheart xheart

hawadharma

FSC SPIN OFF
NOVEMBER 2019

lebanon-flag-animation.gif

Artist: Nancy Ajram
Song: "Fi Hagat"

fi+hagat+2.jpg

Why is this song my personal favorite?

This song checks all the boxes; excellent music arrangement, breathtaking music video and most importantly outstandingly beautiful lyrics. In the song, Nancy sings out the heart of an ordinary woman, who is trapped in her silence in a somehow toxic relationship. She has so many things to say, but she kept them unsaid and keeps her hope high that things doesn't get ugly.

Since the first time I heard this song in 2012 until now, this remain my personal favorite song.

Enjoy the emotional journey in the words of Nancy Ajram.

Lyrics (English Translation)

[h=4]"Fi Hagat" (There Are Things)[/h]
[FONT=&quot]There are some things that are felt but are not spoken about[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They hurt the heart, but we never let them show[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There are things that I need, but can't ever ask of you[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And If you gave them to me, just because I asked[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It won't be the same[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There are some things that are felt but are not spoken about[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They hurt the heart, but you never let them show[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And it's hard, I can't make up mind between[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]whether to tell you or not
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Chorus:
I can't ask you to change the way you love me[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Or be more jealous[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Or surprise me once with a gift[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Or please me once by doing something unexpected (x2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I can't ask you to make my world sweeter, to change how things are[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No matter how close you are to me[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How dear you are[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I can't tell you how I want our life to be[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Know, on your own, how I want our life to be
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]At times, it seems that I'm content[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That I'm calm, that I've accepted everything and got used to it[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That doesn't mean you can believe that I gave up[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sometimes, you might feel that I don't care anymore[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But I'm actually trying to hide that I'm tired of this[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Don't push me to the point[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Where I regret not having said a thing[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

(repeat chorus till end)

JSSArcos

(I don't say it's my favorite song from Portugal, but it's for me the best song ever made in my country) xlove

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
So........ I decided to follow my AMV roots on this one. When I was younger, I watched AMVs all the time and it was when I started loving dance music. My two favorites (and also two songs that represent AMV culture pretty well) are Cascada's Bad Boy and S.O.A.P.'s Romeo & Juliet. Went with the latter, which I like more.

Have fun watching some AMVs! https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=amv+romeo+and+juliet

xheat

theditz83

Veteran
Appropriate that [MENTION=16089]anaraqueen[/MENTION] posted above me, as my FSC November Spin-Off entry was inspired by her most recent WV entry.

Back when I was obsessed with the arcade rhythm action game Dance Dance Revolution (DDR), I discovered an online community of fans who were creating their own step charts for their favourite songs in a simulator that mimicked the DDR software perfectly. One user always created amazing intricate versions of K-pop and J-pop tracks and one of my favourite songs that they ever released was "Valenti" by BoA. From the Spanish guitar, to the ascending melody throughout the chorus and the key changes - I was enthralled by this slice of K-pop heaven so hope you all enjoy too! xlove

200px-Valenti_low.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
:nl: The Netherlands - Within Temptation - Our Solemn Hour

rfEfgpG.jpg

rfEfgpG.jpg

FSC February 2020 Spin-Off: ‘Best Of: Song of EndYear 7’

This song is on my list of favourite Metal-songs and I wanted
to share it with everyone here in this FSC Spin-Off . It is taken
from Within Temptation’s brilliant 2007-album , "The Heart of
Everything", and for my personal taste it is Within Temptation
at their near best - the most Epic , Symphonic / Gothic . It is a
song with a dark subject-matter, but the music is triumphant!

xheart xheart

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Our Solemn Hour is one of my favorite WT songs up there with Ice Queen and Angel xheart

Time for me to promote my entry.

Linkin Park - Bleed It Out

Linkin Park is one of my favorite bands ever. No, scratch that, they are my favorite. They followed me through teenage years, first because they were in almost every AMV and then because I fell in love with their music. A rock band that wasn't afraid of trying new things and evolving with time.
I rarely pay attention to the lyrics, but Linkin Park always manage to write song about deep subjects people can relate to. No matter the genre, no matter the tempo, their songs always make me feel something. They make me want to punch, to cry, to fight, to run, to scream. To live.
And don't get me started on Chester Bennington's voice - may he rest in peace - that we can recognize among billions.

Minutes to Midnight (2007), starring What I've Done for instance, features many slow songs. I love them a lot mind you, but in this atmosphere Bleed It Out stands out by its high energy among other things. The song opens with mike Shinoda's rap, which is honestly underappreciated and quickly build into the first chorus with Chester screaming his guts. I won't lie, it isn't my favorite so,g of the album (Hands Held High take this title), but I thought it deserved some light.

As more often than not, lyrics are not really light hearted, refering to pouring your heart into not working, feeling so much frustration it brings you on the edge of throwing your life away.

Ah, spoiler for those in NSC : it won't be the last time you see them

Last edited:

hawadharma

FSC SPIN OFF
FEBRUARY 2020

malaysia_flag2_gif.gif

Artist: Jamal Abdillah & M.Nasir
Song: "Ghazal Untuk Rabiah"

This soulful duet song was awarded Best Song in 1997's Champion of Songs Award.
Fused with Malay, Arabic and Spanish musical influence, this masterpiece features two legendary Malaysian singers, Jamal Abdillah (also dubbed Malaysian King of Pop) and M.Nasir (prolific singer, composer, director and actor).
On the surface, the beautiful poetic lyrics tells the story of two men in love with the same innocent and pure girl and are willing to do anything for her. However, the undertone of the lyrics is actually how these two men are actually in love with God.
"Rabiah" can be interpreted as a girl's name, or as "four" attributes of God which is "the soft, the flawless, the sincere and the pure."

Lyrics (English Translation):

hawadharma

FSC Spin-Off - May 2020: " Best Of: Folk/Ethnic" - The Show

malaysia_flag2_gif.gif

Artist: Noraniza Idris
Song: "Hatinya Tak Tahan"

Noraniza Idris is Malaysia's Queen of Ethnic/Folk songs. In her 20+ years involvement in the music industry, she has released numerous pop ethnic and folk singles based on the multicultural diversity in Malaysia, some of which she composed and written herself. She also take pride in winning the 'Best Performance' award in every Anugerah Juara Lagu edition she joined - her trademark is to bring an elaborate delegate of dancers with extravagant costumes and props. This makes her our national treasure ;)

This song, "Hatinya Tak Tahan" - translated as "The Heart Cannot Bear It" - is inspired by Javanese culture with an interesting contemporary touch. The "Sinden Dance" performed by the dancers and Noraniza herself is also the highlight of the performance.

Lyrics (English Translation):

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
crossed_flags_of_spain_and_pais_vasco_euskadi_postcard-r889e8efecb384e27a3b66917ebc98090_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

Huntza - Aldapan Gora

Huntza is a folk-pop/rock group formed just a few years ago by young Basque musicians. Among their instruments, they use a pandero and a triki, respectively a tambourine and diatonic accordion that can be found in most Basque folk songs.
The rhythms of their songs are mainly upbeat, in accordance with traditional Basque music which is the symbol of festivity and is displayed in summer ferias.

I don't live in Basque Country, but close enough to be exposed to the culture throughout my childhood in various celebrations or family gatherings. When I hear this type of music I can't help but think "yes, this is home", so I hope I'll be able to take you there.

Lyrics (English translation )

Lyrics (Basque)

Huntza means ivy, hence their logo​

Last edited:

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I initially decided not to participate in this edition,
but then I realized that I had the opportunity to send a piece of Danish national heritage!

Drømte mig en drøm - Louise Fribo

The two first lines of the song "Drømte mig en drøm" were originally written in runes with Medieval notations in Skånske Lov approximately 700 years ago. That doesn't just make it the oldest known song in Denmark and Skåne, but in all of the Nordic countries.

Being in Old-Danish, scholars disagree on the exact meaning of the second line of the lyrics; the official translation to modern Danish is something like "silk and fine furs", but it may just as well have something to do with law or justice.

Dr%25C3%25B8mte%2Bmig%2Ben%2Bdr%25C3%25B8m%2Bi%2Bnat.jpg

This version is sung by Louise Fribo, who is a Danish singer and actress, particularly famous for her work in musical theatre. She also did the Danish voices of several Disney characters, including Mary Poppins and Belle in Beauty and the Beast.

A-lister

Veteran
FSC Spin-Off - May 2020: "Best Of: Folk/Ethnic"

:kz: KAZAKHSTAN :kz:

Kesh You

Rizamyn

jC23Tj2.jpg

PRESENTATION:

Qayırlı keş ! , Good Evening !, it's Astana... sorry... it's Nur-Sultan calling! From the steppes of Kazakhstan, where Europe literary meets Asia, we're bringing you the girl group Kesh You (also stylized as КешYOU or KeshYOU) with the entry Ризамын [Rizamyn] (EN = I'm Grateful/I'm Proud). The song, which was released back in 2013, is a perfect blend between an intensive catchy modern dance-Pop banger and ethnic native motives, it'll bring some mystical central-Asian flavors to your local club or gym class!

This Kazakh girl-group, with ever changing line-ups, debuted back in 2004 under the name SAF with original members Anel Arinova, Zumrad Garaeva and Marzhan Mendibaeva and since 2006, when the group underwent a change of production management, been using its current group-name and has released singles like Persona and Sugir (2009), Asykpa (2012), Kelshi zhanyma (2014), Ruchty aru (2016), Here? (2017), Swala La La (2018) and Sertin kayda? (2019) to name a few, and has become one of the biggest names in Kazakh showbiz.

Except for a short-lived four-piece line-up back in 2017, when half of the group consisted of former members of the group's producer's other girl-group project Lashyn toby, the group has remained as a trio with members coming and going with original member Arinova being the one to stay the longest in the group (2004-2011), followed by Meldir Auelbekova (2006-2011, 2014) and Balzhan Bidash (2015-2018).

The group is currently on its 14th line-up and since 2019 consists of members Lyazzat Sultanova, Nargiz Altaibay and Balaussa Yergalina, however the 7th line-up we see in this entry consisted of Kamshat Zholdybaeva (2010-2011, 2012-2014), Aidana Medenova (2011-2014) and Zhanar Dugalova (2012-2014).

Some of the former group members have continued on with solo careers. Dugalova might be known to some Eurovision fans out there for winning the final of the Turkvision Song Contest* back in 2014 for her homeland with the entry Izin kerem. Zholdybaeva has released solo singles like Birge (2016), Caramel and EX EX (2019) while Medenova released solo singles such as Menimen bile and Su (2016) and Mazalama (2019). Examples of other solo singles are Gulmin and Suy, meni suy (2019) by Auelbekova and Bakytty kuy (2019) by Bidash.

* a cultural/linguistic contest based on the Eurovision concept with entries representing only Turkic countries, regions and diaspora groups performed in Turkic languages.

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
:de: Germany - Oonagh - Gäa

rfEfgpG.jpg

rfEfgpG.jpg

FSC May 2020 Spin-Off: ‘Best Of: Folk/Ethnic’

I love all kinds of music and it includes Folk-pop or ethno-music.
There were at least 4 various entries , & artists , from 4 countries
I considered for this May Spin-Off , I love them all , but in the end
I selected a song , by the German ethno-pop artist , Oonagh . Her
ethno-pop music style, is among my favourites in the genre , and
I have been a fan , ever since , I first got to know about this artist
when Germany entered her in FSC back in the day, with the great
ethno-pop song “Orome”. Another of my favourite songs of hers
is “Gäa” , another melodic ethno-pop melody, & my chosen entry.

Senta-Sofia Delliponti (born 16th April 1990, Wolfsburg, Germany)
is her real name, she's a German singer, songwriter and actress of
Italian-Bulgarian origin. Her signature musical style , is inspired by
the mystical lore of J. R. R. Tolkien's universe, and by ethnic songs
and sounds from throughout the world. Enjoy this ethno-pop song!

xheart xheart

theditz83

Veteran
:uk: :sc: UNITED KINGDOM: Dougie Maclean & Guests - Caledonia :uk: :sc:

Dougie-MacLean.jpg

Growing up in Scotland, I wasn't as exposed to folk music that often apart from when we had school events where you would need to dance in pairs to traditional Scottish songs (or "jigs" and "reels", normally played on accordion, fiddles and flutes). I hated that kind of music as it always sounded the same - the same chords, the same rhythms, all just a bit dull to my ears.

But then my parents introduced me to what would soon become one of the most heart-warming and patriotic songs to me. Dougie Maclean (as he describes in the live video features in this show) wrote the song "Caledonia" when he was abroad and desperately homesick, and the lyrics perfectly captue his longing to return to his homeland and the place where his heart belonged. To many Scottish people, this song has become an unofficial national anthem for our nation and it perfectly blends all of those traditional instruments used in reels and jigs with a wistfully beautiful an emotional melody that will stir your soul.

The video was recorded during a folk festival held by BBC Radio 2 in my current home city, Glasgow, and one of the guest singers (the lady at the far end in the dark cap and khaki green coat) is Eddie Reader, one of the most celebrated folk musicians in the country who grew up just a few streets away from me in my birth town of Irvine, Ayrshire on the South-West coast of Bonnie Scotland. So this song and video has very special memories for me all round. I hope you enjoy it!

Lyrics:
I don't know if you can see the changes that have come over me
In these last few days I've been afraid that I might drift away
So I've been telling old stories, singing songs that make me think about where I came from
And that's the reason why I seem so far away today

Oh and let me tell you that I love you, that I think about you all the time
Caledonia you're calling me and now I'm going home
For if I should become a stranger you know that it would make me more than sad
Caledonia's been everything I've ever had

I have moved and I've kept on moving, proved the points that I needed proving
Lost the friends that I needed losing, found others on the way
I have tried and I've kept on trying,
stolen dreams, yes there's no denying
I have travelled hard, sometimes with conscience flying somewhere in the wind

Oh and let me tell you that I love you, that I think about you all the time

Now I'm sitting here before the fire, the empty room, the forest choir
The flames that couldn't get any higher, they've withered, now they've gone
But I'm steady thinking, my way is clear and I know what I will do tomorrow
When the hands have shaken and the kisses flow, then I'll disappear

But let me tell you that I love you, that I think about you all the time

Geborgenheit

Hi, I wish to tell you more about my choice for FSC Spin-Off - September 2020. This song is very nostalgic for me, because when I have moved to Germany, the song was on the peak of its popularity, it was everywhere and it stays with me as memories from those times. xheart

Perfekte Welle (English: Perfect Wave) is the debut single of the German pop rock band Juli from Giessen and it is their most commercially successful single to date staying for 34 weeks in German charts. The single was released on June 28, 2004. Perfekte Welle was a part of boom in young German speaking bands that were able to establish themselves high in the sales charts in the mid-2000s; in addition to Juli, this boom included such music groups as Silbermond and Wir sind Helden.

The music video for Perfekte Welle was shot in Sankt Peter-Ording. The video shows the band doing activities on the North Sea beach and in the surrounding area. The shooting took place on April 14, 2004.

In December 2004, after the tsunami in south-east Asia, many German television and radio stations announced that they would no longer play the song as a mark of respect to the tsunami victims. An Afrikaans version was released in South Africa by the group Shine4, called Perfekte Wêreld (Perfect World). The Polish band Ich Troje released a Polish version of the song under the title Perfekcyjna milosc (Perfect love) in 2006.

Lyrics in English:

Perfect wave

With every wave came a dream
Dream pass
Your (surf)board has grown dusty
You have many doubts
You have waited your whole life
You have hoped that they exist
You have nearly lost your faith
You have not moved a bit

Now it slowly approaches you
The water hits your face
You look at your life like it is a movie
You cannot believe that it breaks

This is the perfect wave
This is the perfect day
Simply let yourself be carried by it
Best do not think about it at all

This is the perfect wave
This is the perfect day
There's more than you know
There's more than you say

Your hands have already grown numb
Salt hurts in your eyes
Between tears and dust
It's hard to still believe in it
You have waited your whole life long
You have never counted the waves
You have not wanted any of this
You have lived much too fast

You face the storm and scream
I am here, I am free
All that I want is time

This is the perfect day for it
xheart

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
:fr: KYO - Dans ma chair :fr:

So, Kyo.
For those who (still) don't know, Kyo were my first musical discovery back then when I was 6 and it aired on my mother's car's radio. There was such a uniqueness to this band that drew me in instantly. Le Chemin, their debut album was the first CD I got my hands on, and one of the few I can listen in full without skipping a song. When the theme was announced the choice was made in the next second.
I needed to think even less about which song to send, I may love many of them, it's the one I can listen again and again (with Dernière Danse, but Dans ma chair has the perks of being less known).

English Lyrics

If I draw my inspiration from you, from the nights,
Dawns of my lucid drifts,
From the day, when the streets perspire
From the emptiness around the cities
From each and every one of my desires
If I carry your dreams, your sorrows
Your hatred and mine
The same that's ruling on the threshold of the sky
My river, my sphere, our chains
Glowing red in my flesh
It's out of love for her
The bodies brush against each other,
Rage arouses, at the heart of the atom,
Our old demons, I want to go home
Hope is wearing us down, make place for the
Independent virus
If I forgive, I give myself again
I shake and think
I stay, I try to find
If I forget, I give
My life, that is a shadow,
Never leaves me

It's out of love for you
It's out of love for her
It's out of love for me
The one who lets you spread your wings
And doesn't leave a choice
And who is sleeping
And ruling inside of us
It's out of love your her
It's out of love for you

Come on, come on, let's go home
Before, before they wring our necks​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
:hu: Hungary - NOX - Tűztánc

rfEfgpG.jpg

rfEfgpG.jpg

FSC September 2020 Spin-Off: ‘Best Of: Band/Group’

I was introduced to the Hungarian band / group NOX at the ESC
2005 and I immediately took to their wonderful energetic music
in their Folk-pop genre. Their ESC-entry was one of my favorites
that year , and I still think one of the best opening entries in ESC
of all time . In the years that followed, I discovered more of their
music , & one of my absolute favourites was the song "Tűztánc"
, which had a wonderful blend of soft vocal verse and energetic
chorus. When considering entries for this FSC Spin-Off , I found
it fun to enter NOX and this song which I have loved many years
The concert performance video is mesmerizing & great , I think.

NOX were a Hungarian Folk-pop band , mixing tradit. Hungarian
music with more modern sounds . They were active from 2002
to 2009 , and released 9 albums. The band had many members
but were centered around Szilvia Péter Szabó and Tamás Nagy.
Enjoy this melodic and energetic entry by the band/group NOX!

xheart xheart

hawadharma

FSC Spin-Off - September 2020:
"Best Of: Band/Group"

:my: MALAYSIA :my:

Meet Uncle Hussain feat. Hazama
"Pokok"

42241936_500_500.jpg

BACKGROUND:

Meet Uncle Hussain (MUH) was a progressive rock band from Malaysia. They started in the indie scene as early as 2001, with their lead vocalist Azlan (of FSC July 2020), second vocal/lead guitarist Taja, bassist Gfat, guitarists Babab/Bakri and drummer Pitt. This band reaches their peak of success when they won Best Song in Anugerah Juara Lagu 2007 with their superhit song "Lagu Untukmu", which is a first victory ever for an indie rock song in a mainstream song award.

They are also popular with singles like Pari-Pari di Bawah Angin, La La La .. Kerjalah, Drama King and many others.
Sadly, soon after their victory in AJL 2007, Azlan left and the group is struggling to find his replacement.

"Pokok" was produced in 2011, and was the first song that MUH records with a guest lead vocalist, Hazama who already has a solo career at that time. This unique rock song starts off with a fairytale-ish atmospheric vibe before transitioning into pop rock, which is milder than their previous songs to suit Hazama's soothing vocals. The lyrics takes a metaphorical approach of a tree to symbolise strength and birds as a fragile creature, like humans. Like the nature, human should not give up in life.

The group separated in 2014.
All their ex-lead vocalists (Azlan, Hazama & Black) have very successful solo career.
Taja became a renowned composer and music producer for many mainstream artists.

LYRICS
(ENGLISH TRANSLATION):

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
:nl: The Netherlands - Passion Fruit - I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas

rfEfgpG.jpg

rfEfgpG.jpg

FSC December 2020 Spin-Off: ‘Best Of: Christmas’

There are many choices when it comes to great Christmas songs
, and though I usually am especially fond of the - Nordic style - of
Christmas hymns , I decided to go for a more uptempo choice in
the form of catchy melodic Eurodance. I have long been a fan of
the genre (I am eclectic when it comes to music , I enjoy a lot of
styles) and thought it would be fun to enter this Christmas song
with good Christmas vibes enmeshed in cool Eurodance rhytms.

The group Passion Fruit consisted of 2 women of Dutch descent
( Nathalie van het Ende and Deborah St. Maarten ) and 1 woman
of Spanish descent ( María Serrano Serrano ). They played a kind
of melodic Eurodance with Bubblegum-Pop influences, happy mu
sic , that put smiles on many faces . Their career was a short one
(1999-2001) they released 1 album + a handful singles, and sadly
it ended tragically , when 2 of the group’s members , were killed in
a fatal airplane accident in Zurich, Switzerland in November 2001.

They live on through their music & are remembered fondly by their
European fans. Enjoy this catchy Christmas song by Passion Fruit!

xheart xheart

Top Bottom