Contact us

FSC Spin-Off - May 2020: "Best Of: Folk/Ethnic" - The Show | RESULTS from page 2

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
uyhCBEq.jpg

Welcome to another FSC Spin-Off!

yQwRxUC.gif

Welcome to this FSC May 2020 Spin-Off featuring favourite ‘Folk/Ethnic’-songs from the whole
world. Our host city is: Siem Reap, Cambodia, it’s the capital city of Siem Reap Province in
north-western Cambodia . Siem Reap has colonial , and Chinese-style , architecture , in the Old
French Quarter/Old Market. In the city , museums and traditional Apsara dance performances.

33617Xr.jpg

There is also a Cambodian cultural village, souvenir & handicraft shops , silk farms, rice padd
ies in the countryside, fishing villages and a bird sanctuary near the Tonle Sap Lake, and a vib
rant , cosmopolitan drinking -and dining scene. Siem Reap today - being a popular tourist des
tination - has many hotels and resorts, restaurants, and businesses closely related to tourism

2qY9oXn.jpg

This is much owed to its proximity to the Angkor temples, the most popular tourist attraction.
The name "Siem Reap" can be translated to mean ' defeat of Siam ' (siem in Khmer), & is com
monly taken as a reference to an incident in the centuries-old conflict between the Siamese &
Khmer kingdoms. In 18th century (Ayutthaya-period) it was called Nakhon Siam ('Siam's city').

kPcT3JN.jpg

Siem Reap was little more than a village when French explorers such as Henri Mouhot "re-disc
overed" Angkor (the Capital city of the old Khmer Empire) in the 19th century. However, Europe
an visitors had visited the temple ruins much earlier , incl. António da Madalena in 1586 . Siem
Reap now serves as gateway town to the World Heritage site of Angkor Wat (‘City of Temples’)

JyO3758.jpg

Angkor Wat, a huge Buddhist temple complex, contains the magnificent remains of the Khmer
civilization. Angkor Wat's rising series of five towers culminates in an impressive central tower
that symbolizes mythical Mount Meru. Thousands of feet of wall space are covered with intric
ate carving with scenes from HinduMythology. It's the largest religious monument in the world

grSMnAo.jpg

Our Host venue is: the Temple Angkor Thom within the Angkor Wat complex near Siem
Reap in Cambodia. It lies on the west bank of the Siem Reap River, a tributary of Tonle Sap, ab
out a quarter of a mile from the river. The south gate of Angkor Thom, is 7.2 km north of Siem
Reap , & 1.7 km north of the entrance to Angkor Wat . This is one of the most popular temples
in the region & is seldom used for cultural events & shows. This is a special occasion , and we
have been granted permission to host the FSC Spin-Off edition here tonight in front of a select
audience. The hospitality of the Cambodian hosts , is evident as they welcome us here tonight
in their traditional Sampot Phamuong costumes , a luxurious silk dress, twill woven and single
coloured , & their beautiful Mokot crown headpieces. They are proud to host this special event

iMkZo7q.jpg

sjeCZ4j.jpg

BpLj4g1.jpg

Our lovely Hosts this evening are:

Maiya Kager and Kong Vongyaty

3hsA2Ki.jpg
lx8bBny.jpg

Maiya Kager is a famous Cambodian actress and top model. She has been a very popular mo
del for several years , and besides acting she has also tried herself at singing , and deals with
cosmetics. She is proud to co-host this evening’s Spin-Off edition of the Forum Song Contest.

Kong Vongyaty is a famous Cambodian ( Khmer ) actress & popular model . She is also a well
known MC in many TV shows. She has also tried herself at singing & has many karaole music
videos/MV. She is proud to co-host this evening’s Spin-Off edition of the Forum Song Contest.

Opening Act

by famous Cambodian
pop-star Nop Bayarith

Once again, welcome to this Spin-Off edition of the Forum Song Contest.

Let the Show begin!

tqcd9Op.png

THE-
yQwRxUC.gif
-SONGS

Interval Act

A popular Folk-pop song by the
ESC-famous Ukrainian Ruslana

lGNVhdb.jpg

lGNVhdb.jpg

Closing Act

by famous Cambodian pop
-singer Chhet Sovanpanha

Thank You - and Good Night - from Siem Reap, Cambodia!

PnwwLdm.jpg

Voting deadline: 20th May, 23:59 CET

NB! Votes may be submitted after 48 hours

Votes are sent by PM to me , Malagant in trad. ESC/FSC-style: 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1p.
No votes for own entry. No late votes will be accepted, so make a note of the deadline.

Votes received: 22/23

:jp::sk::az::de::by:
:dk::tr::ca::uk::es:
:kz::cz::mx::ro::ch:
:my::lt::us::za::ru:
:hu::fi:

Promotion of your entry (voluntary) may be done in the FSC Spin-Off Promotions Thread.

Enjoy - and good luck to all entries!
tqcd9Op.gif

8mabVIs.jpg

theditz83

Veteran
Thank you so much Malagant for the little nod to the Scottish folk heritage for the UK entry. Caledonia is by far the most rousing Scottish folk song of modern times, and I couldn't think of sending anything else. It may not represent the UK as a whole (there are so many different folk influences that I think it would be hard to represent the whole of the UK in one song) but I went with the influences that I am most familiar with from my childhood xlove

hawadharma

Great show @Malagant!
Capturing all the 'folk-ish' essence and theme xlove

And I hope Malaysian entry is something that everyone will appreciate and enjoy :)
It's a Javanese ethnic influenced tune with contemporary feel xlove

B3stbeats

Sorry but no Hatsune Miku for Finland sorry

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Thanks for your kind words, guys xlove Glad to see you are enjoying this fun FSC Spin-Off from wondrous Cambodia! xup

theditz83

Veteran
:uk: (by :sc: ;) ) has voted here - some really nice songs in this selection, with a couple I was familiar with already so it was an enjoyable show to listen through. ;)

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
This is perhaps my most favourite FSC Spin-off edition ever! I've enjoyed every song and it was quite a diverse audition. Great job everyone! I'm particularly intrigued by one of the entries here, that was a really nice surprise (won't spoil which just yet tho lol).

Good luck everyone! xdance

JChan

I voted a couple of days ago but this was a really really great spin-off... I absolutely loved the diversity. I think were so lucky to live on a planet that is so incredibly musically rich.

hawadharma

:my: has voted. ;)

Generally an amazing spinoff, just a bit disappointed that some of the songs did not really showcase the folk/ethnic theme.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
:my: has voted. ;)

Generally an amazing spinoff, just a bit disappointed that some of the songs did not really showcase the folk/ethnic theme.
All participating songs had elements of 'Folk/Ethnic' (within the genres Folk/Folk-pop/Folk-rock/Ethno-pop/New World) which was the requirement for this edition. As others have mentioned, we got good diversity within its many subgenres. Glad you enjoyed the edition! ;)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

WgJF5vK.jpg

gM2bhmo.jpg

12 hours until the deadline

Thanks for all the votes I've received , 17 votes
as of now ( see a list of countries in the opening
post ). Please hurry with your votes, folks! xup

<<>>

If no votes are received from a country prior to the
voting deadline we will then do as in the main FSC-
edition : the country in question, it will be moved to
the bottom of the scoreboard, keeping their points.

gM2bhmo.jpg

WgJF5vK.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
The voting deadline tonight, Wednesday 20th May at 23:59 CET is passed.

We do unfortunately have 1 country which has not voted within the deadline.
This is :cl: Chile which will be placed last on the scoreboard / final ranking list keeping its points.

Thank you, all for voting! xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

WgJF5vK.jpg

gM2bhmo.jpg

FSC Spin-Off

We have a winner for this FSC Spin-Off!! xheya Join us for the:

Results Show

Friday 22nd May, 20:00 CET

xcheer

gM2bhmo.jpg