Contact us

FSC Spin-Off - March 2021: "Best Of: Nature" - The Show | RESULTS from page 2

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
sFmEKJq.jpg

Welcome to another FSC Spin-Off!

yQwRxUC.gif

Welcome to this FSC March 2021 Spin-Off, featuring favourite ‘ Nature ' songs from the whole
world. Our host city is: Lagos, Nigeria the largest most populous city in Nigeria (population
around 21 million in the metropolitan area) , & the 2nd largest on the African continent. Lagos
is a major financial centre for all of Africa , and is the economic hub of the Lagos State region

TrPIYpC.jpg

Lagos was originally inhabited by the Awori subgroup of the Yoruba people in the 15th century
The Awori moved to an island now called Iddo and then to the larger Lagos Island . In the 16th
century, the Awori settlement was conquered by the Benin Empire. Since the 19th century, Lag
os gradually transformed to a melting pot of Africans & Europeans , diverse as Nigeria is in all.

9LClEnu.jpg

Lagos , once the nation’s capital, is classified into 2 main areas - the "Island" & the "Mainland".
The Island is a term used to define the area of Lagos that is separated from the "mainland" by
the main channel draining the lagoon into the Atlantic Ocean , which so forms Lagos Harbour.
Many inhabitants also live on the Lagos mainland known for its music and nightlife + industry

rC5037f.jpg

Lagos has the tallest skyline in Nigeria. The architectural styles in Lagos are diverse and range
from tropical and vernacular, to colonial European & ultramodern buildings or a mixture . Some
of the famous cuisines in Lagos include indigenous delicacies such as eba and egusi; amala &
ewedu. The University of Lagos (UNILAG) Akoka's a huge institution with over 55.000 students

zAGYvU9.jpg

Sights in Lagos incl. Tafawa Balewa Square (ceremonial ground with a prestigious history and
significant monuments), Third Mainland Bridge (the longest bridge in Nigeria & the second lon
gest in Africa), The Nigerian National Museum, Lekki Conservation Centre, New Afrikan Shrine
Jhalobia Recreation Park , Freedom Park , Iga Idunganran (The Oba’s Palace) & Tinubu Square

sjeCZ4j.jpg

My8xcs6.jpg

Our Host venue is: the National Arts Theatre in Lagos, Nigeria. This is a primary centre
for the performing arts in Nigeria. Its construction was completed in 1976 in preparation for a
Festival of Arts , and Culture ( FESTAC ) in 1977 . The collection of National Gallery of Modern
Nigerian Art , is housed in a section of this building . Designed and constructed by a Bulgarian
construction company, it has a 3.000-seater Main Hall / auditorium with a collapsible stage , a
conference hall that can accommodate about 800 people, 2 capacity cinema halls all of which
are equipped with facilities for simultaneous translation of 8 languages , and also a restaurant
area. It is a multi-functional arena which hosts plays, various local & cultural events and music
concerts too. They are proud to host this evening’s Spin-Off edition of the Forum Song Contest

nNOrRCf.jpg

sjeCZ4j.jpg

GCxkm97.jpg

Our lovely Hosts this evening are:

Agbani Darego and Iheoma Nnadi

0iNFO6L.jpg
QzFfFce.jpg

Agbani Darego is a famous Nigerian model and beauty queen who was crowned Miss World in
2001. She was the 1st indigenous African to win Miss World. She landed a 3-year contract with
L'Oréal , as only the 2nd Black model there . She is proud to co-host this evening’s FSC Spin-Off

Iheoma Nnadi is a Nigerian beauty queen who represented Nigeria in Miss World 2014 contest
She was a model but has in recent years focused on other projects. She married Nigerian Foot
baller Emmanuel Emenike , has a daughter. She is proud to co-host this evening’s FSC Spin-Off

Opening Act

by famous Nigerian
singer Korede Bello

Once again, welcome to this Spin-Off edition of the Forum Song Contest.

Let the Show begin!

tqcd9Op.png

THE-
yQwRxUC.gif
-SONGS

Interval Act

A song filled with the beauty of Nature performed
by the 2000s popular Swedish Folk-pop band Sarek

lGNVhdb.jpg

lGNVhdb.jpg

Closing Act

By famous Nigerian
singer Yemi Alade

Thank You - and Good Night - from Lagos, Nigeria!

PnwwLdm.jpg

Voting deadline: 20th March, 23:59 CET

NB! Votes may be submitted after 48 hours

Votes are sent by PM to me , Malagant in trad. ESC/FSC-style: 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1p.
No votes for own entry. No late votes will be accepted, so make a note of the deadline.

Votes received: 20/21

:kr::es::fi::hr::bg:
:dk::ua::au::pt::az:
:uk::it::no::ch::my:
:ie::ca::lt::ee::fr:

Promotion of your entry (voluntary) may be done in the FSC Spin-Off Promotions Thread.

Enjoy - and good luck to all entries!
tqcd9Op.gif

8mabVIs.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
I'm kinda surprised nobody went with Michael Jackson's Earth Song :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, it could have been a perfect fit for this edition :D USA was not selected by anyone in fact this time which is kinda unusual since it's usually one of the most popular - and first chosen - countries (together with UK).

A-lister

Veteran
Great show xcheer and interesting pick for a host country / city @Malagant

And I must add that those two hosts are hot! (and I'm not even into ladies that way) xheat

Last edited:

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
Such an amazing show !

There are two songs I simply adore, and a third artist that I used to listen to nonstop some years ago 😍

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the nice feedback, guys - glad to see you all enjoying this fun "Best Of: Nature" Spin-Off edition of the Forum Song Contest from Nigeria! xlovexhug

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

WgJF5vK.jpg

gM2bhmo.jpg

12 hours until the deadline

Thanks for all the votes I've received , 17 votes
as of now ( see a list of countries in the opening
post ). Please hurry with your votes, folks! xup

<<>>

If no votes are received from a country prior to the
voting deadline we will then do as in the main FSC-
edition : the country in question, it will be moved to
the bottom of the scoreboard, keeping their points.

gM2bhmo.jpg

WgJF5vK.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

WgJF5vK.jpg

gM2bhmo.jpg

<<>>

The voting deadline is passed.

20 of 21 countries have voted within the deadline (Hungary the exception;
they will keep their points but be placed last on the scoreboard/ranking list).

Thank you to everyone else who has voted in this FSC Spin-Off edition !
tqcd9Op.png

We have a winner!! xheya Join us in 2 days for the

Results Show

Monday 22nd March, 20:00 CET

xcheer

gM2bhmo.jpg

WgJF5vK.jpg

Seok-jin

:kr: is expecting to get the place of real winners. Nonetheless, we'll be here tomorrow to enjoy the show. xcheer

db91774ccab4226ac69883f6c58717d3.gif

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Our Nigerian hosts are getting everything ready for the FSC Spin-Off Results Show tonight and we are right on schedule to start in about 25 mins xcheer

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Okies, the hosts are here, I am here - anyone else here? xcheer

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Glad to see you here, Zorjan! Scandinavia is well represented ;)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Will wait a few mins and see if some more members join us xup

Top Bottom