Contact us

FSC Spin-Off - June 2022: "Best Of: Summer Songs" - The Show | RESULTS from page 2

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FYI: The FSC Mod team has kickstarted the FSC Spin-Offs this year but the intention has been to let you, our members take over the fun of hosting and organizing this Spin-Off concept of the FSC to give you more involvement as you wished for (ref. what we informed last year).

Last year’s attempt was only partially successful, few members stepped up and there was some uncertainty/confusion as to how it worked, so we have been thinking how to have a better and simpler system this time.

The system we have decided to try now is quite straight forward: the offer of hosting/organizing a FSC Spin-Off goes to the winner of the previous FSC Spin-Off edition. If he/she does not want to host, the offer goes to nr 2 in that edition, then nr 3 in that edition and so on. This will be in your hands so take care to inform one another.

Hopefully this will lead to greater member involvement, increased participation and activity, and will ensure the fun FSC Spin-Off concept ‘stays alive and kicking’.

We shall begin with this straight away, so the offer of hosting/organizing the next FSC Spin-Off goes to the winner of this FSC June ‘Summer Song’s Spin-Off. Good luck! xup

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
The three songs I thought would be fighting for the victory were:

:no: Very nice song that makes me look so much forward to Qatar in November :D
:tr: I can't believe it didn't do better?! I really enjoyed it a lot!
:be: I can't remember ever being to a Summer party where Paradisio wasn't played :eek: Sometimes by me, but it's still a popular Summer song here ;)

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
So... will you host, Zorjan? :sneaky:

Hahah, Puerto Rico may :D

After a slightly embarrassing show in Madagascar last year, I think I'll just wait a little bit longer ;)

Well, after reading the post by @Malagant I may actually do it..? If it can get other members to organize spin-offs in the future, I won't mind trying to do a better job (or possibly just as bad as last time) in the home of latinos! :love:
Do you want to travel across the Atlantic to say "Hello San Juan!"?

Ausesken

Well, after reading the post by @Malagant I may actually do it..? If it can get other members to organize spin-offs in the future, I won't mind trying to do a better job (or possibly just as bad as last time) in the home of latinos! :love:
Do you want to travel across the Atlantic to say "Hello San Juan!"?
Por supuesto, nos vamos a Puerto Rico! 🔥

Ausesken

Does that mean that you are also choosing the theme?
The selection of the next theme is understood as part of the hosting, yes, but it doesn't mean they cannot take into account your suggestions and maybe later select one of the suggested themes with list randomizer or something like that, or the one who seems to have more support, etc. The spin-offs are 100% in your hands now :)

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
Does that mean that you are also choosing the theme?

I guess I've already volunteered now :LOL:

I hope that everyone winning in the future will host the next spin-off if possible! :love: So my message to whoever wins next: Please do it! I'm sure it'll be better than what I can do ;)

So I guess I'll be doing it then..? xshock

Perhaps @Malagant will make a thread for people to post their suggestions for the next Spin-Off and I'll choose the one that seems more popular ;) Or perhaps the one I like the most myself..? :LOL:

Bmbriga

The selection of the next theme is understood as part of the hosting, yes, but it doesn't mean they cannot take into account your suggestions and maybe later select one of the suggested themes with list randomizer or something like that, or the one who seems to have more support, etc. The spin-offs are 100% in your hands now :)
Thanks for the reply. I didn't actually asked because I have a great idea, unfortunately. I just didn't know and it seemed to me pretty cool if the winner/host could also choose the theme.
I guess I've already volunteered now :LOL:

I hope that everyone winning in the future will host the next spin-off if possible! :love: So my message to whoever wins next: Please do it! I'm sure it'll be better than what I can do ;)

So I guess I'll be doing it then..? xshock

Perhaps @Malagant will make a thread for people to post their suggestions for the next Spin-Off and I'll choose the one that seems more popular ;) Or perhaps the one I like the most myself..? :LOL:
I'm pretty sure you will do a great job. xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Many congrats to the winner, :pr: Puerto Rico and @Zorjan ! xcheer If I am not wrong, I don't think your entry by Ricky Martin was leading the edition at any point before the final 12 points from the final juror and if so I think that might be a record :eek::D

As I commented before, all my top 4 songs (:ro::no::pr::be:) were worthy of my 12 points in this sizzling hot 'Summer Songs' edition and it was hard to choose between them. Excellent choices all 4! xdance2

Thank you for the points (special thanx for the 12 points!) for my :se: Swedish entry by Linda Bengtzing & Velvet, 8th place is decent in this company of great 'Summer Songs' and this is a joyous song which I love and which always brings me in a good mood xlove

@Zorjan Malagant will leave everything in your hands ;) Make a Spin-Off theme suggestion thread and ask members for suggestions etc. You did a very good job when you hosted last summer xup and I am sure you will do a good job now, you and the next members who get to host later. Have fun with it! xcheer

Bmbriga

Btw, friends and I sometimes played that game, if you can call it that, while drinking. One person would give a "theme" others would have to play a song. Although, our themes used to be sometimes completely random, like "red" or something like that. :D

Top Bottom