Contact us

FSC Spin-Off - February 2020: " Best Of: Song of EndYear 7" - The Show | RESULTS from page 2

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
T4nM81v.jpg

Welcome to another FSC Spin-Off!

yQwRxUC.gif

Welcome to this FSC February 2020 Spin-Off featuring favourite ‘EndYear 7’-songs (melodies
from years ending in 7) from all the world. Our host city is Benguela, Angola province cap
ital of Benguela Province, & a municipality in the western part of the country south of Luanda.
It is located along the Luanda bay. The city has ca 650.000 inhabitants , 4th largest in Angola.

I9DjVAA.jpg

Benguela was founded in 1617 by the Portuguese under Manuel Cerveira Pereira , 8th Govern
or of Angola (1604–1607). It was long the centre of an important trade especially in slaves to
Brazil and Cuba. Ships anchored about 1.6 kms off the shore, in depths of 7 to 11 metres and
transferred loads to smaller boats which used 5 / 6 jetties in the town (Lobito port also used).

GMcBUgs.jpg

Besides the holy churches of S. Felipe and S. António, the hospital , & the fortress, there were
as of 1911 , only a few stone-built houses . A short way beyond Benguela is Baía Farta, where
salt was manufactured and sulphur was extracted. The city prospered & grew in the following
decades. The Benguela Railway was built in early 20th century by Portugal to connect the city

p4N5kwr.jpg

Benguela was one of the centres of Portuguese trade to the African interior. The city remains
an important commercial link between western and eastern Angola. Coffee, corn, sisal, sugar
cane, and tobacco are grown in the interior regions of Angola , and widely traded in Benguela.
Industries local to the city include fish processing, milling of sugarcane, pottery, soap, & tools.

gqfkols.jpg

The Universidade Katyavala Bwila and Ruvandro Ferreira was founded in 2009. Top attractions
in Benguela include: Igreja da Nossa Senhora do Populo , Praia Da Caotinha , Se Catedral de N
ossa Senhora de Fatima ( among many churches and temples ) , Enoport and nearby beautiful
beaches like Praia da Baia Azul . Also to visit , the Kissama National Park & Binga (water)Falls.

VXerePx.jpg

Our Host venue is : the Cinema Monumental Teatro in Benguela , Angola. It is the loc
al theatre and entertainment venue , where they have shows of local character , theatre plays
, music concerts and other events of cultural character. The building itself is a “stage of mem
ories” for the city . Designed by architect Fernando Batalha , it was the 1st building of its kind
to be built in the city in the 1940s-1950s. The façade is of local stone. The auditorium initially
seated 1.300 people , with balcony , stalls , and boxes . The 2nd storey had a reception room.
It was inaugurated on 10th June 1952 , being used as a cinema & theatre . It was the only cin
ema until the inauguration of the Cine-Benguela & of EsplanadeKalunga. Closed in the 1980s
-1990s , it reopened in 2004 after refurbishement works paid for by a Benguela-citizen . They
are proud to host this evening’s Spin-Off edition of the Forum Song Contest here in Benguela

gRL07EK.jpg

sjeCZ4j.jpg

8Kp9Tdu.jpg

Our lovely Hosts this evening are:

Micaela Reis and Leila Lopes

OlLzRGL.jpg
HtEGunv.jpg

Micaela Reis (born 21st December 1988, in Luanda, Angola) is a beautiful actress , model &
beauty queen of Portuguese-Angolan heritage. She was in the top 10 at Miss Universe 2007
& placed first runner-up to Miss World 2007, becoming Miss World Africa . She was the high
est placed Miss Angola at both Miss Universe & Miss World before the win of Leila Lopes in
Miss Universe 2011 . She has also worked as a tv-hostess in later years . Micaela is wearing
a beautiful national costume of Angola . She looks forward to host this FSC Spin-Off edition.

Leila Lopes (born 26th February 1986, in Benguela, Angola) is a beautiful Angolan actress &
model, tv-host and beauty queen who won the titles of Miss Angola 2010 and Miss Universe
2011 . This is the highest placed Miss Angola in history ; before her , the highest placed was
Michaela Reis who gained the top 10 in Miss Universe 2007. In June 2012, Lopes embarked
on a 5-country West African tour -to Senegal , Côte d'Ivoire , Ghana, Togo & Nigeria. As Miss
Universe she travelled around the world. She looks forward to host this FSC Spin-Off edition

Opening Act

by the well-known Angolan
kizomba-singer Don Kikas

Once again, welcome to this Spin-Off edition of the Forum Song Contest.

Let the Show begin!

tqcd9Op.png

THE-
yQwRxUC.gif
-SONGS

Interval Act

A favourite ‘EndYear 7’ song, the 1997 Danish
bubble-gum pop classic ‘Tamagotchi’ by Daze

lGNVhdb.jpg

lGNVhdb.jpg

Closing Act

by the well-known Angolan
singer and artist called Ary

Thank You - and Good Night - from Benguela, Angola!

PnwwLdm.jpg

Voting deadline: 20th February, 23:59 CET

NB! Votes may be submitted after 48 hours

Votes are sent by PM to me , Malagant in trad. ESC/FSC-style: 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1p.
No votes for own entry. No late votes will be accepted, so make a note of the deadline.

Votes received: 21/21

:cz::hu::us::nl::fi:
:tr::au::ru::es::az:
:ca::ua::de::jp::lt:
:cu::ie::my::se::co:
:uk:

Promotion of your entry (voluntary) may be done in the FSC Spin-Off Promotions Thread.

Enjoy - and good luck to all entries!
tqcd9Op.gif

8mabVIs.jpg

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
So this was one of the easiest choices. It's a song by my favorite Japanese artist made especially for my favorite anime.

Hope you enjoy it otherwise I'll sue x

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Voted ! And let me tell you, it was hard. As in, my top 5 could have easily gotten a 12 any other edition, and I actually had to let out 3 entries to which I would have given at least 3.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
gM2bhmo.jpg

FSC SPIN-OFF
Bonus

Another popular ‘ EndYear 7 ’ song , this
beautiful Irish ESC 1997 Runner Up-ballad

We have 11 votes received so far (see top post)

Keep on sending in your votes, folks!
tqcd9Op.png

gM2bhmo.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
sis did you receive my votes

i sent them on wednesday but my flag is not there

Thought you were talking to Ausesken above you in the thread, therefore no response. Sent you a PM and have received your votes now (no earlier votes reveived), confirmed - and updated with your flag! xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

WgJF5vK.jpg

gM2bhmo.jpg

12 hours until the deadline

Thanks for all the votes I've received , 18 votes
as of now ( see a list of countries in the opening
post ). Please hurry with your votes, folks! xup

<<>>

If no votes are received from a country prior to the
voting deadline we will then do as in the main FSC-
edition : the country in question, it will be moved to
the bottom of the scoreboard, keeping their points.

gM2bhmo.jpg

WgJF5vK.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

WgJF5vK.jpg

gM2bhmo.jpg

FSC Spin-Off

The voting deadline is passed

All 21 countries have voted within the deadline, thank you for all the votes!
tqcd9Op.png

We have a winner for this FSC Spin-Off!! xheya Join us for the:

Results Show

Saturday 22nd February, 17:00 CET
(set early to avoid colliding with ESC NFs same evening)

xcheer

gM2bhmo.jpg

WgJF5vK.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
A little less than 5 hours until the FSC February Spin-Off Results Show starts!

Take note of the early starting time, I selected 17:00 CET to avoid colliding with the several ESC NFs tonight and hope several of you thereby will be able to take part.

I am putting the finishing touches on the Results Show as we speak and I can promise you a very exciting Show xcheer

See you later, folks xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
We are almost ready to begin the FSC February Spin-Off Results Show xcheer

Top Bottom