Contact us

FSC Spin-Off - February 2018: "Female artist: Best Of" - The Show | RESULTS from page 3

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
YNY5oWl.jpg

Welcome to another FSC Spin-Off!

yQwRxUC.gif

Welcome to this FSC February 2018 Spin-Off , which features many favourite female artist songs
from all over the world. Our host city is : Kyoto, Japan formerly the Imperial capital of Japan for
more than One Thousand Years and also known as the City of Ten Thousand Shrines. It's located
on the Japanese island of Honshu in Kansai region (part of Kyoto-Osaka-Kobe metropolitan area)

AEoJj52.jpg

The city has a population close to 1.5 million. The Imperial City ( Emeritus ) of Kyoto is one of the
few Japanese cities that still have an abundance of prewar buildings, such as the traditional town
houses known as machiya , which show traditional Japanese culture . The city has a modern part
also around the Kyōto Station complex ( a major railway station and transportation hub in Kyoto )

b72lE6H.jpg

In Japanese, the city has been called Kyō (京), Miyako (都), or Kyō no Miyako (京の都). In the 11th
century , the city was renamed Kyoto ("capital city"), after the Chinese word for capital city , jingdu
(京都). The city of Edo was renamed Tokyo (東京, meaning "Eastern Capital") in 1868 and the seat
of the Emperor was transferred there, evenso Kyoto remained a seat of cultural influence in Japan

IkTaCNn.jpg

Though with possible human settlement from the Paleolithic period, human activity in the area is
registered from the 6th century . The ‘modern’ city of Kyoto was formed in 1889 . Today a key ind
ustry of Kyoto is information technology and electronics : the city is home to the headquarters of
Nintendo and others. Traditional Japanese Crafts and Tourism are also major industries in Kyoto

RjAuwIM.jpg

Places of interest: an abundance of religious places (Buddhist temples, Shinto shrines & palaces
with gardens) are intact and worth visiting. Other sites in Kyoto , include Arashiyama (mountain),
the Gion (district) and Pontochō Geisha quarters (the tea houses) , the Philosopher's Walk , & the
canals that line some older streets. Also worth seeing: the Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto

m7R1JkS.png

Our Host venue is : the Kyoto Art Theater Shunjuza in Kyoto . Kyoto Art Theater Shun
juza was opened as part of Kyoto University of Art and Design in 2001. It is the first full-scale the
ater (ca 900 seats) to be managed by a institution of higher education in Japan. The theater was
mainly built for the purpose of kabuki performances, & a small side-theater (studio21) in the com
plex created to enable staging of modern plays & dance. Due to this unique structure it can boast
the facilities , which make it possible to stage a wide array of performing arts, ranging from tradit
ional theatrical forms of entertainment, to the latest multimedia performances . A special feature
of the Shunjuza Theater , is the fact that although in terms of both the seats for the audience and
the stage it was built based on the orthodox kabuki style , it was at the same time designed to be
adaptable to allow dramatic presentation of modern plays and other performances. While having
such prerequisites for kabuki performances as passage leading to the stage, trap-doors revolving
stage, and mechanisms , for midair performance , the theater is also equipped with the orchestra
pit for opera and other similar performances, which is utilizable for all kinds of stage expressions.

nen9rII.jpg

vSHdNvR.jpg

zjOdfQE.jpg

Our lovely Hosts this evening are:

Kurara Chibana and Aya Ueto

p6VpDUd.jpg
UGthNt4.jpg

Kurara Chibana (born Okinawa, Japan 1982) is a Japanese humanitarian actress, model & beauty
pageant titleholder , who was crowned Miss Universe Japan 2006 & came 2nd (1st Runner-up) at
the International Miss Universe 2006 competition . She got her Bachelor of Arts degree in 2006 &
now works as a feature reporter , flying around the world, to interview unique people for a leading
fashion magazine in Japan. Since 2006 she's appeared regularly on the NTV show "NEWS ZERO"
reporting from both domestic & international locations, and launched her endorsement career as
a spokesperson for famous brands in 2007. In 2013, she became Japanese UNWFP ambassador

Aya Ueto (born Tokyo, Japan 1985) is a Japanese actress, singer and television personality. In 19
97, she participated in the seventh Japan Bishōjo Beauty Contest, where she won the special jury
prize . Soon thereafter , she joined the talent agency Oscar Promotion , and began taking singing,
dancing and acting lessons . In 1999, she formed the girl group Z-1 with three fellow Bishōjo part
icipants . After the band disbanded, she has since released five studio albums which have spawn
ed ten Oricon top-ten singles . She has also acted in television & film , and has won two Tv Drama
Academy Awards . She has also launched several successful wedding dress collections in Japan.

Opening Act

by the popular Japanese
singer/actress Inori Minase

Once again, welcome to this Spin-Off edition of the Forum Song Contest.

Let the Show begin!

tqcd9Op.png

THE-
yQwRxUC.gif
-SONGS

Closing Act

by the popular Japanese
pop-duo GARNiDELiA

Thank You - and Good Night - from Kyoto, Japan!

PnwwLdm.jpg

Voting deadline: 21st February, 23:59 CET

Votes are sent by PM to me, Malagant in trad. ESC/FSC-style: 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1p.
No votes for own entry. No late votes will be accepted, so make a note of the deadline.

Votes received: 21

:it::pl::se::ua::ie:
:fr:::gt:es::us:
bj.png

:rs::uk::az::lb::de:
:mx::ro::pt::ca::tw:
:md:

Enjoy - and good luck to all entries!

8mabVIs.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Re: FSC Spin-Off - February 2018: "Female artist: Best Of" - The Show

I am, of course, very biased.. but this is one hell of a lineup of female artists and songs, guys! :D xheart

Do enjoy this February Spin-Off edition of the Forum Song Contest from beautiful Kyoto, Japan!
tqcd9Op.png
xlove

PS. And if I may say so, imho I think Kurara Chibana omg might possibly be the sexiest host in FSC History! xheatx12s:mrgreen:

JSSArcos

Excellent show !! xheart I see very good names.x12s

tributo-de-portugal-17222006.jpg

Eulaliya

:de: :de: :de:

Sandra - Maria Magdalena

A-42488-1400502689-4070.jpeg.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

:fr:

Chimène Badi - Le Jour D’après

chimene-badi.jpg

I've entered in this FSC Spin-Off one of my all-time favourite French songs:
the talented Chimène Badi's beautiful power-ballad "Le Jour D’après" xlove

I hope you will enjoy it!
tqcd9Op.png

A-lister

Veteran

:us: Madonna :us:
Secret

2qa2pmp.jpg

Madonna, the name itself needs no further presentation...

Madonna Louise Ciccone, born 1958 in Michigan, USA, got her breakthrough with the single Holiday back in 1983, the third single from her self-titled debut album from the same year. In 1984 she followed up with her first number #1 single Like a Virgin, the title-track of her second studio album, which also transitioned her from up-and-coming Pop singer to Superstardom and the rest is history for the Queen of Pop and most successful female artist of all time which is currently working on her 14th studio album and has decades of hits to her resume such as:
Material Girl [1984], Into the Groove [1985], Papa Don't Preach [1986], La Isla Bonita [1986], Like a Prayer [1989], Express Yourself [1989], Vogue [1990], Deeper and Deeper [1992], Take a Bow [1994], Frozen [1998], Ray of Light [1998], The Power of Good-Bye [1998],
Beautiful Stranger [1999], American Pie [2000], Music [2000], Die Another Day [2002], Hung Up [2005], Sorry [2006] and 4 Minutes [2008].

When I saw the theme for this spin-off, I didn't think twice about who to send and was pleasantly surprised to see that USA had not been reserved yet. Madonna was the natural choice for me, not only because she is the personification of a female superstar (as there is really no one else like her), but also because she is my personal favorite female artist of all time who I grew up listening to and followed the career of ever since, so I have a special relationship to her music and artistry and have a profound respect for her as an all-around entertainer, singer, songwriter, record producer, performer and businesswoman.

A personal favorite album of mine happens to be Madonna's 6th studio album Bedtime Stories from 1994 where Secret served as the album's lead single and since this single, aswell as the album, are somewhat of forgotten gems of hers, I thought it was only fair to bring it back to life through this contest. So if you like this smooth 90's R&B mid-tempo/ballad as much as I do, don't hesitate to vote for it!, and if you, for some reason, are unfamiliar with Madonna's back-catalog, you're in for a spectacular journey in Pop history that you just have to discover!

LYRICS:

Hele.

Wonderful show! xheart xbow xcheer

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

Thanks, guys - happy that you are enjoying this great 'Female artist: Best Of'-edition and FSC Spin-Off Show from beautiful Japan! xhug

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

WgJF5vK.jpg

gM2bhmo.jpg

Thanks for all the votes I've received , 7 votes
as of today (see a list of countries in the opening
post). Keep on sending in your votes, folks!
tqcd9Op.png

gM2bhmo.jpg

WgJF5vK.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

WgJF5vK.jpg

gM2bhmo.jpg

Voting Deadline today at 23:59 CET

Thanks for all the votes I've received, 19 votes
as of now (see a list of countries in the opening
post). Please hurry with your votes, folks!
tqcd9Op.png

gM2bhmo.jpg

WgJF5vK.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

WgJF5vK.jpg

gM2bhmo.jpg

The voting deadline is passed.

All 21 countries have voted, thank you!
tqcd9Op.png

We have a winner!! xcheer Join us tomorrow:

Results Show

Thursday 22nd February, 20:00 CET

gM2bhmo.jpg

WgJF5vK.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

1 hour to go until the Spin-Off Results Show! xcheer I can tell you that it will be very exciting and I hope for a good turnout! Welcome all! xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

We are almost ready to begin now.. we are gathered here in the Kyoto Art Theater Shunjuza in beautiful Kyoto for the final Results of this enjoyable FSC February Spin-Off! xcheer

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

We welcome back our beautiful Japanese hosts for this evening:

Kurara Chibana and Aya Ueto

p6VpDUd.jpg
UGthNt4.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

oCFBj7L.jpg

xcheer Thank you, all for coming! xcheer

As mentioned, I can promise a very exciting Results Show!

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

Here is again a list of our participants and countries in this FSC Spin-Off:

8PAWWmO.jpg

1FAzvLl.jpg

Countries: 21

(R= reserved C= confirmed, entry sent)

:uk: (Zorjan) - - - - -- - -- -(C)

:es: (AshleyWright) - - -(C)

:tw: (BlueForever) - - --(C)