Contact us

FSC Spin-Off - August 2022: "Songs from movies/TV" - The Show | RESULTS from page 1

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I was very disappointed with the Icelandic result :cry: Especially when Germany was one of the first countries to vote and rewarded Svala with 12 points :eek:

"Anastasia" is probably my favorite animated film, and I think I've watched it just about a million times, especially enjoying the music :D

The Danish Anastasia isn't really that good, but then I noticed the Icelandic version, and Svala is just magical! I was so thrilled when she decided to participate in Eurovision! ...sadly I didn't really like her Eurovision-entry, but I adore her voice :love:

Bmbriga

Congratulations :gr:! Awesome choice. xcheer

Big thanks for the votes xlove :

Uganda :10:
Colombia :8:
Azerbaijan :7:
Albania :6:
Japan :5:
Lithuania :1:

While the the result is not the best, I'm pleased because I was afraid it will be even worse.
It's not a very conventional song.
I'm glad some of you enjoyed it. xmetal
It's a popular band in Croatia and the singer is a bit of legend in his own right.
Movie was also quite popular, which definitely isn't the case with 95% of our movies.
And movie songs are basically a nonexistent genre :)

So, one more time thanks to everybody, greeting to host and see you all in the next Spin-off. Hopefully in greater numbers.

A-lister

Veteran
Great job @Zorjan , congrats to :gr: @Auseken , a classic movie soundtrack indeed! xclap

Thanks to all that voted for the :uk: entry xrose , it's one of my all time favorite songs actually...

Ausesken

Thank you very much for the :gr: victory! xhugOriginally, I had in mind another movie soundtrack, but in the end I decided to send this one because I've been listening to it a lot recently, and it's so good that it really makes my mind go to the past.

I must say I'm pretty busy these days... Who had Lithuania? If they can host the next spin-off, I'd prefer it :lol:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
I was very disappointed with the Icelandic result :cry: Especially when Germany was one of the first countries to vote and rewarded Svala with 12 points :eek:

"Anastasia" is probably my favorite animated film, and I think I've watched it just about a million times, especially enjoying the music :D

The Danish Anastasia isn't really that good, but then I noticed the Icelandic version, and Svala is just magical! I was so thrilled when she decided to participate in Eurovision! ...sadly I didn't really like her Eurovision-entry, but I adore her voice :love:

'Anastasia' is one of those animated classics (animation, style, script, characters and songs) that is often overlooked by many since it was not a Disney film. The man behind the film, a talented movie-creator and animator called Don Bluth, also created another animated classic back in the day which also is often overlooked, 'The Secret of NIMH'. Both are very much recommended for anyone who enjoys great animated films xup

Besides these two animated films I also love 'The Lion King' (1994), 'Finding Nemo' and 'The Prince of Egypt' among others (some great music in several of these) xup

Bmbriga

Great job @Zorjan , congrats to :gr: @Auseken , a classic movie soundtrack indeed! xclap

Thanks to all that voted for the :uk: entry xrose , it's one of my all time favorite songs actually...
Although I always went with Croatia, I would make an exception and go with another song, because it's very near and dear to me, definitely my favourite, but I thought you stole UK from me.

And right now, out of nowhere, it hits me that the singer is Irish xfacepalm

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
'Anastasia' is one of those animated classics (animation, style, script, characters and songs) that is often overlooked by many since it was not a Disney film. The man behind the film, a talented movie-creator and animator called Don Bluth, also created another animated classic back in the day which also is often overlooked, 'The Secret of NIMH'. Both are very much recommended for anyone who enjoys great animated films xup

Besides these two animated films I also love 'The Lion King' (1994), 'Finding Nemo' and 'The Prince of Egypt' among others (some great music in several of these) xup

"The Secret of NIMH" is surely overlooked too! :eek:

Of Disney classics I love "The Lion King", but probably "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" and "Mulan" even more.
One of my favorites, and definitely overlooked too (probably because of the lack of proper songs and the fact that it's not as child-friendly as most other Disney-films), is "Atlantis". I really recommend that one! :love:

A-lister

Veteran
Although I always went with Croatia, I would make an exception and go with another song, because it's very near and dear to me, definitely my favourite, but I thought you stole UK from me.

And right now, out of nowhere, it hits me that the singer is Irish xfacepalm

stole :lol:

What song btw?

Journalist

Thank you @Zorjan for great hosting and great fantastic show! xclapCongrats Greece!

Thank you for the 3rd place - this is one of my fav songs and I'm glad that I had a chance to share it here.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Thank you @Zorjan for great hosting and great fantastic show! xclapCongrats Greece!

Thank you for the 3rd place - this is one of my fav songs and I'm glad that I had a chance to share it here.

Congrats with 3rd place! Cool song by a quality artist. And talking about animated films, 'Zootopia' is both sweet and very funny :cool:

Ausesken

Ok as I don't get any response from Lietuvis I'll host the next spin-off, but it will be kinda... simple. I'd be glad if someone could help me by doing the results show though xpray

Now please, let me know (post below) your suggestions!

@Datura @Bakinka @Journalist @94ayd @Bmbriga @CypriotGirl @nofuxCZ @Zorjan @Kairit @heke1988 @Staewi @AliceEsc @12Points @Israeliboy @elanyvx @KoibitoESC @Geborgenheit @Lietuvis @hawadharma @kzmxgirl @VasilijeM @MARCOMEN @Mozz @Malagant @Verjamem @JSSArcos @Mari Lopes @Gera11 @Seok-jin @RomanFromRussia @Stole @aardvark @chontono @joubil @A-lister @Ekholmia @NicoRobin @fango @WhoKnows @AlekS @theCONWEL @Codeword Iroquois

Ausesken

Can you elaborate a bit more on karaoke theme. I'm not sure I get it. xblush
Of course, it's such a classic in this forum!

Karaoke means everyone will have to sing a song, record it, edit it if they want (adding the instrumental in the background for example) and this will be their entry. It doesn't matter if they don't have a great talent at singing, the goal is just having fun and getting to hear our voices as well :lol:

Bmbriga

Of course, it's such a classic in this forum!

Karaoke means everyone will have to sing a song, record it, edit it if they want (adding the instrumental in the background for example) and this will be their entry. It doesn't matter if they don't have a great talent at singing, the goal is just having fun and getting to hear our voices as well :lol:
xscared

Top Bottom