Contact us

FSC Special Edition: A night with the stars - The Best of 2020 | RESULTS from page 2

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
ATUWlyH.jpg

We welcome all our guests and performers to this special and glamorous annual event where we revisit all the favourite entries from 2020 and ultimately choose the winner, the best song of FSC 2020!

We have selected all top-3 scoring entries from each FSC edition of 2020 to form a line-up of 36 songs. Tonight we will revisit the performances of these entries in a special show, and eventually vote for the ultimate best entry of 2020.

For this special edition, we always travel to a luxurious and exotic location. This year we are hosting the event in Malé, the capital and most populous city of the Republic of the Maldives.

d86Fmqs.jpg

With a population of 227486, Malé is one of the most densely populated cities on earth. It is located on Kaafu atoll, in the north of the country. The city centre lies mostly on Malé island, which is heavily urbanised, with the city covering almost all parts of the island. The city also extends to five other islands in the archipelago. A commercial harbour is located on the central island and serves as the heart of all commercial activities in the country. Velana International Airport is Located in the Island of Hulhulé.

Tourism is the largest industry in the Maldives, accounting for 28% of GDP and 60% of foreign earnings. Malé has many tourist attractions and nearby resorts.

PKMhsrR.jpg

Our venue for the evening is the Hard Rock Hotel and resort.

xXcytvC.png

Set on the Laccadive Sea, this posh resort is a minute's walk from shops and restaurants at The Marina at Crossroad Maldives, and 10 km by boat from Velana International Airport.

Please join us for a magical evening in the tropical air at the pool bar, where all performances of the evening will be held.

Tm3jyRF.jpg

It is an absolute pleasure to announce the hosts for this evening's proceedings; please welcome past Eurovision performers Mahmood from Italy, and the well-known Cascada, who was also the winner of our Best of 10 years edition:

QKtOvj9.jpg

To set the tone, and as a perfect introduction for tonight, please welcome our opening act, Daði Freyr & Gagnamagnið performing "Think about things":

And finally, let's not waste any more time, here are the first half of tonight's participants:

After so many excellent songs, it is time to take a break. Our interval act tonight is a special treat! Here with an 80's throwback that will put Denmark to shame, it is Modern Talking with "You're my heart, You're my Soul":

And without any further ado, let's continue with the second half of the performances:

As a final treat and to bring an end to this wonderful show, here is our closing act, Kendji Girac, with "Andalouse":

We hope you all enjoyed this recap of the best entries of 2020, and we look forward to find out which of these will be crowned as the ultimate best entry of the year.

May the best song win!

Rules for Voting:
* Votes are cast individually - there will be no juries
* Any individual can vote - Non-members of FSC are also welcome
* You will vote for songs and not for countries. You can vote for any entries, including those from your own country.
*Please vote for your 10 favourites in Eurovision fashion (1-8, 10, 12)
* Send your votes to me, aardvark, by PM
* The voting deadline will be 25 April 2021 @ 23:59 CET. No late votes will be accepted.

Confirmed votes:
anaraqueen Malagant theditz83 Zorjan Bakinka Journalist hawadharma aardvark Geborgenheit Aditya
tugberkic A-Lister Fango kopachka WhoKnows Marite Mozz AliceESC 94ayd MARCOMEN​

Last edited:

Seok-jin

Wow! Great idea and nice show! xcheer
But why BTS it's not an interval act? IOTAP IOTAP IOTAP
Is the Republic of the Maldives out of money? We will sue for this! xqueenbitch

Seok-jin

We will also sue for the lack of Asian entries. IOTAP IOTAP xqueenbitch
Otherwise, as I said, this idea is brilliant and well thought. I will surely take part in this! xcheer

Seok-jin

I understand the rules and the patterns in this contest, but I would really appreciate if in the future Asian music would be given more spotlight especially in spin-offs and special editions (like interval acts or themes). I am sure I am not speaking only for myself. I think there are other members that would appreciate and agree with this as well.

I also know there is a contest on the forum dedicated for the Asian music, but I think diversity wouldn't do any harm since we have so many western songs in here.

I really hope this suggestion will be taken in consideration by the Mod Team. xcheer

hawadharma

Oh great, can't wait for this edition xcheer

I will continue the tradition I started last year, to give out special awards based on following categories ;)

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Great FSC 'Best of: 2020' Special Edition! xup

We hope many of you will join in and vote for all these best FSC-songs (results wise) from 2020 xcheer

Malagant's votes have been sent
tqcd9Op.gif

hawadharma

Great FSC 'Best of: 2020' Special Edition! xup

We hope many of you will join in and vote for all these best FSC-songs (results wise) from 2020 xcheer

Malagant's votes have been sent
tqcd9Op.gif

Wow that's fast o_O
I am still compiling the songs again in one playlist, and listening to each song again :D

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Wow that's fast o_O
I am still compiling the songs again in one playlist, and listening to each song again :D

This is different from an ordinary edition since I/we have heard all these songs before; I remembered many of them. That way I was able to vote faster. I did listen to them all again twice though before I made my final choice of points.

Honoured btw to have so many Norwegian songs in this FSC 'Best Of: 2020' Special Edition.

tqcd9Op.gif

A-lister

Veteran
Cool! I was waiting for this show! Great show too @aardvark

Also cool to see some Swedish entries in there :) As far as top.3 goes, Sweden had a pretty good year in 2020 :) , generally a bunch of strong songs here so will be tough to manage a top. 10!

Last edited:

WhoKnows

Glad to see this. I was wondering whether there would be one this year.

However, I'm downright chagrined at no mention of the last year's winner.

Thatissodisrespectful.gif

Last edited:

hawadharma

Glad to see this. I was wondering whether there would be one this year.

However, I'm downright chagrined at no mention of the last year's winner.

Thatissodisrespectful.gif
By the way, who was it? #igenuinelyforgot :cry:

hawadharma

I have sent my votes xlove
Very competitive lineup this year but I believe my choice for Top 10 is very deserving :)

As soon as the results are out, I will present my awards for FSC Best 2020 xcheer
Anybody excited?? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I have sent my votes xlove
Very competitive lineup this year but I believe my choice for Top 10 is very deserving :)

As soon as the results are out, I will present my awards for FSC Best 2021 xcheer
Anybody excited?? :ROFLMAO:
How can you present the FSC Best 2021 in April 2021? Do you come from the future? xrofl

OMG, I have one of my entries here! This is only the second time I think. Go Charis Savva! xheart

Top Bottom