Contact us

FSC September 2012 - RESULTS SHOW

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I'm glad that my country has broken its all time best result and finished in top three, but I'm taken aback how we accomplished this feat through such a completely overrated, lifeless and formulaic song.

Oh well, I'm certainly not expecting very many points for the entry I sent for FSC 44, and should that be the case: I promise I won't take it the wrong way. ;)

OMG, Austria at last got some points from me after 13 months of participating, and it was out of my bottom 5 only for the 2nd time (the last time was with Mrs Spielberg, which I didn't vote for but it wasn't that bad IMO), and now you call this as a mistake! Oh dear... And I said to myself "oh, at last Austria started sending good songs!" xrofl2

elvisontheisland

OMG, Austria at last got some points from me after 13 months of participating, and it was out of my bottom 5 only for the 2nd time (the last time was with Mrs Spielberg, which I didn't vote for but it wasn't that bad IMO), and now you call this as a mistake! Oh dear... And I said to myself "oh, at last Austria started sending good songs!" xrofl2
Well, as I said: I don't send my songs to please everybody ;). And I'm not pleased with every song sent, even Austrian ones. FSC bares some resemblance to most radio stations: some hidden gems within a load of crap. Of course it's to each his own when it comes to deciding what's crap and what's a gem.

ParadiseES

Félicitacions à la France!! :D

This is a well deserved victory for a very good song, though I was almost sure the winner was Austria :eek:

Thanks to all who voted for Spain, especially Greece, Romania and Morocco for the 12 points, and Cyprus for the 10 points. 10th place is amazing!

And finally, this is how Spain voted:

Chontono
12- Greece
10- Canada
8- Israel
7- Cyprus
6- Poland
5- United Kingdom
4- Morocco
3- USA
2- Mexico
1- Croatia

Paradise
12- Austria
10- Israel
8- Poland
7- Belarus
6- France
5- Serbia
4- Turkey
3- Romania
2- Greece
1- Cyprus

See ya all soon!

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Félicitacions à la France!! :D

This is a well deserved victory for a very good song, though I was almost sure the winner was Austria :eek:

Thanks to all who voted for Spain, especially Greece, Romania and Morocco for the 12 points, and Cyprus for the 10 points. 10th place is amazing!

And finally, this is how Spain voted:

Chontono
12- Greece
10- Canada
8- Israel
7- Cyprus
6- Poland
5- United Kingdom
4- Morocco
3- USA
2- Mexico
1- Croatia

Paradise
12- Austria
10- Israel
8- Poland
7- Belarus
6- France
5- Serbia
4- Turkey
3- Romania
2- Greece
1- Cyprus

See ya all soon!

Glad to see :cy: in the top 10 of both of you! xheart

handeyener

I arrived home finally, sadly i couldnt watch the results show. I knew the entry wasnt going to do very well, but didnt expected to do that badly. 2nd last, this has become the worst result ever for :mx: :?xcry1xcry1. I think that risking a bit is paying the price concerning positions, even though im not here for results, is just that i don´t what to repeat same musical genres because the songs can look a lot to the ones sent at Worldvision. I appreciate the votes given by :no::id::cy:. Thanks a lot!!!!!!! (if it wasnt for you guys it could have ended with 0 points). Also if it didnt enter your top 10 it doesnt matter, what makes me happy is that some of you liked it :D

I will continue alternating mainstream and non mainstream songs and avoid repeating artists more than twice unless the songs are great.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I arrived home finally, sadly i couldnt watch the results show. I knew the entry wasnt going to do very well, but didnt expected to do that badly. 2nd last, this has become the worst result ever for :mx: :?xcry1xcry1. I think that risking a bit is paying the price concerning positions, even though im not here for results, is just that i don´t what to repeat same musical genres because the songs can look a lot to the ones sent at Worldvision. I appreciate the votes given by :no::id::cy:. Thanks a lot!!!!!!! (if it wasnt for you guys it could have ended with 0 points). Also if it didnt enter your top 10 it doesnt matter, what makes me happy is that some of you liked it :D

I will continue alternating mainstream and non mainstream songs and avoid repeating artists more than twice unless the songs are great.

I was so sad for :mx: placing! :(

It was a different entry and a bit strange for someone who is not used to this kind of songs... I had to listen to it several times to start liking it. But it ended up in my top 10!

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Well, as I said: I don't send my songs to please everybody ;). And I'm not pleased with every song sent, even Austrian ones. FSC bares some resemblance to most radio stations: some hidden gems within a load of crap. Of course it's to each his own when it comes to deciding what's crap and what's a gem.

Btw, I see what you mean, and I feel the same for our September entry. We sent a more commercial and mainstream song from the same artist, and it ended up in 5th place. As regards quality, in my opinion our September entry was far above the other one, but it only got the 18th place...

Narmina

Btw, I see what you mean, and I feel the same for our September entry. We sent a more commercial and mainstream song from the same artist, and it ended up in 5th place. As regards quality, in my opinion our September entry was far above the other one, but it only got the 18th place...

agree, in fsc commercial songs are more successfull. So sad that sometimes good songs just disappear in their shadow

CC92

I was so sad for :mx: placing! :(

It was a different entry and a bit strange for someone who is not used to this kind of songs... I had to listen to it several times to start liking it. But it ended up in my top 10!

I too liked it and was surprised how badly it fared (least liked entry w/o penalties) but what exactly was "different" or "risky" about it? :?

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I too liked it and was surprised how badly it fared (least liked entry w/o penalties) but what exactly was "different" or "risky" about it? :?

I personally haven't heard any similar song in FSC since I joined... It's like pop-folk Mexican/Latino? I don't know what exactly that genre is called...

Miguel

You will do better this month. I usually like your entries. In September, the :mx: entry was quite unique but sometimes that's not enough. It's the game. Oh, and thanks for your point. You've been supportive since I arrived here. xrunhug

Good luck!

handeyener

I personally haven't heard any similar song in FSC since I joined... It's like pop-folk Mexican/Latino? I don't know what exactly that genre is called...

The genre is called tribal, you can check more songs at youtube, (3BALLMTY just released a new song couple of days ago (but it cant not be sent because it already leaked a year ago). The genre is a fusion between electronic music, banda or duranguense and some cumbia.
Thanks for your kind words!!! :D

Top Bottom