Contact us

FSC Promotions Thread

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - October 2021 - Secret Garden ft. Cathrine Iversen - I dette stille øyeblikk

iAhBkWn.jpg

Representing Norway in October 2021, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 9 months, is the Norwegian-Irish Neo-Classical ESC-winners from 1995 Secret Garden, this time featuring Norwegian singer Cathrine Iversen on vocals. Here is some more information about them.

Secret Garden consists of Rolf Løvland (the Norwegian composer/pianist and Nexus of the duo) and Fionnuala Sherry (Irish violinist) on violin. The duo is based in Norway and has been so from the beginning. With 3-4 million albums sold worldwide they are considered one of the most successful and influential Norwegian groups/musical projects of all time.

Rolf Løvland - born in Kristiansand, Norway in 1955 - was Norway’s perhaps most successful commercial pop-music composer in the 1980s. He wrote many MGP-songs for other artists, including the Norwegian 1985 ESC winner “La Det Swinge” performed by Bobbysocks. In the early 1990s he decided to try something different, and so he started the musical project called Secret Garden, together with the Irish violinist Fionnuala Sherry.

Fionnuala’s violin-playing started at an early age. She graduated with honours from the Music of Trinity College in Dublin. Her professional career started with a 10-year stint as a member of the RTÉ Concert Orchestra. She has worked with many musicians. She has also recorded Hollywood movie scores with the Irish Film Orchestra.

With Secret Garden Rolf Løvland wished to make music that was close to his heart: Neo-Classical, Celtic-inspired instrumental music. And so the story of Secret Garden had begun. Secret Garden made history by winning the ESC in 1995 with "Nocturne", an instrumental melody stylistically unique for ESC which had 24 words added to the beginning of the song. In the 40-year history of the ESC an instrumental piece had never previously won.

This surprise victory at the ESC was the ultimate showcase that successfully launched their first album “Songs from a Secret Garden” worldwide. In the years that followed Secret Garden released several popular albums, among them “White Stones” (1997), “Dawn of a New Century” (1999) and “Once in a Red Moon” (2002) which contained their huge hit “You Raise Me Up” (ft. Irish Brian Kennedy on vocals) which went on to be recorded in over 40 versions worldwide.

The following albums were “Inside I'm Singing” (2007), which differed in that all songs were with vocals, and “Winter Poem” (2011), which included the song “The Dream” (ft. Irish Clannad-singer Moya Brennan on vocals), which was the Norwegian FSC-entry in December 2011, and “Lament For A Frozen Flower”, which was the Norwegian FSC-entry in May 2012. In 2013 they released the album “Just The Two Of Us” which included the beautiful song “En Passant” which was the Norwegian FSC-entry in May 2014.

In the next years Secret Garden focused on side-projects and tours/concerts around the world, including several visits to Asia/China, but in 2018 they began to work on new songs for an album planned for release in 2019. This album was released in April 2019, called “Storyteller”. It included many beautiful songs, among them “The Voyage”, which was the Norwegian entry in FSC May 2019, and “The Pilot” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2020.

Rolf Løvland kept working on a parallel music project creating a new musical. He also wrote some new Norwegian songs collaborating with the Norwegian singer Cathrine Iversen on a planned Christmas album. This new album “Sacred Night” was finally released on 11th November 2020. The album included several new beautiful songs in Norwegian Christmas hymn tradition with Cathrine Iversen on vocals in Norwegian language. One of the songs was “Sagnet om julerosen” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC January 2021. Another was the beautiful Nordic Folk-ballad “I dette stille øyeblikk”. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC October 2021.

Secret Garden will for sure continue to mesmerize their fans all over the world in the years to come with their beautiful Neo-Classical instrumental music and other cherished melodies.

Cathrine Iversen is a talented Norwegian singer and vocalist, known for her crystal-clear angelic beautiful voice, from Fredrikstad in south-eastern Norway. She has had extensive experience from various concert and theater stages at home and abroad through the years including many Christmas concerts. She has been a guest-vocalist with Secret Garden since 2010 with several concert tours in Europe, Asia and the USA. She has also participated in several TV productions such as Norwegian Melodi Grand Prix and various popular Norwegian tv-shows. Cathrine Iversen has also participated in several of Secret Garden's international record releases. She also writes music and contributed on Secret Garden’s 2020 “Sacred Night” album. She is a music talent from whom we will without doubt hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #152 October 2021, called “I dette stille øyeblikk” (“In this silent moment”) is another beautiful Nordic Folk-ballad in Norwegian Christmas hymn tradition by Secret Garden ft. Cathrine Iversen on vocals. The song was written in 2020 by Cathrine Iversen with melody by Rolv Løvland. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Secret Garden again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in Norwegian with a translation into English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for October 2021!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Secret Garden ft. Cathrine Iversen - I dette stille øyeblikk

I dette stille øyeblikk / In this silent moment
Møtes jord og himmel / The earth is one with heaven
Stjernen i det fjerne / The star in the distance
Er så nær oss nå i natt / Is so near us tonight

Den lyser opp så klar og sterk / It shines so clear and brightly
I nattens stjernevrimmel / Illuminates the sky
Og viser oss hvor vi / And leads us to
Kan finne julens store skatt / The greatest gift of Christmas ever found

Finner vi det tapte / We find what we have lost
Vår hvileløse ventetid / Our restless waiting period
Er endt i denne stund / Is ending here tonight

Nå sendes våre bønner / We’re sending all our prayers
Til han som allting skapte / To He who all created
Ordet bærer håp og frelse / The Word bears hope and salvation
Gjennom barnets munn / Spoken by the Child

Stanser selve tiden / Time does stop
Vi stopper opp og lytter / We halt and we listen
Til at julen ringes inn / To church bells ringing for Christmas

Vi tar hverandres hender / We join our hands together
Og legger strid til siden / And put all strife aside
Og stilner all vår hjertetrang / As we yearn for peace of heart
Til julefred i sinn / And Christmas joy inside

Åpner vi vårt hjerte / We open our hearts
For alle vi har mistet / To everyone we’ve lost
Og for alle vi er nær / And everyone close to us

Denne stunden rommer / This very moment holds
All vår glede og vår smerte / All our joy and sorrow
Det lille barnet viser oss / The little Child will show us
Hva kjærligheten er / What true love really is

Denne stunden rommer / This very moment holds
All vår glede og vår smerte / All our joy and sorrow
Det lille barnet viser oss / The little Child will show us
Hva kjærligheten er / What true love really is

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

heke1988

FSC 152 October

:fi::fi::fi:Auri - Kiss the Mountain:fi::fi::fi:

Auri

500x500.jpg

Kiss the Mountain is presented by Auri. Auri was formed in 2017 by Johanna Kurkela (Lead Vocalist), Tuomas Holopainen (Keyboards, Piano, Synthersizers) and Troy Donockley (Guitars Uilleann Pipes, Low Whistles, Male Vocals, Backing Vocalist). Tuomas Holopainen and Troy Donockley are members of our famous metal band Nightwish and Johanna Kurkela is Tuomas Holopainen's wife. Tuomas Holopainen says their music is "rabbit hole music and celestial metal" with "influences from folk music, Celtic music, [and] soundtracks". British rock magazine Prog describes Auri as prog folk. The band's name Auri is based on a female character from The Kingkiller Chronicle.

Kiss the Mountain is part of Auri's newest album "II – Those We Don't Speak Of (2021)".
Johanna Kurkela describes over the song as follows: “There’s a place at the edge of an ocean, where wind speaks through lungs of steel. A mountain awaiting a traveler. A dream awaiting a dreamer. You’ve come this far, do you dare to go all the way? Doubt may come and visit, but it’s just another friend along the journey. A gentle reminder of that perfect Kiss Of Life upon arrival. Imagine you’re already there. Find your smile, light a beacon, and let us hear you Roar!”

So calm down, put your headphones on and enjoy journey to the Mountain.

Lyrics in English:

Wind
Sing me soft your secrets
Beguile chant of heights so with you I may soar
Bring horizons
Bring music
And do tell

How
To begin a journey
With feet
Never introduced to open road
Could the starry skies know
How to quell this howling surf

Calling mountains
Calling seas
Our hearts were never meant to kneel
Fill a sentence your birth began
Imagine you're already there
A voice so feeble yet all-knowing
I must heed and find my path

Silent bound by voices
Too long
Shackled under yoke of not enough
Let mе hear you roar
Roar of everything you'rе for
Scream out years your silence cost
Catch a spark and light a beacon

Calling mountains
Calling seas
I must heed and find my path

Calling rooftops
Calling fields
I must heed and find my smile

Last edited:

hawadharma

:my:

FSC OCTOBER 2021
MALAYSIA

Artist: Hael Husaini, Naim Daniel & Haqiem Rusli
Song: "Lara"

1604716575_071120101136150000005fa6081fea0c4.jpg

OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

LYRICS (ENGLISH TRANSLATION)

Naim Daniel:

Are you satisfied that I'm guilty?
Are you satisfied that I'm suffering?
Do you sleep well at night?
While I'm in deep sorrow
Now everything's clear to me..

Chorus (All):
Because the one you insulted,,
Is the one you once worshipped,
And the one who you now put in suffering,
Because the one you forgotten,
Is the one you once loved,
And the one you left without any guilt.

Haqiem Rusli:
Are you satisfied that I'm left alone?
Are you satisfied that I'm languished?
Do you smile happily,
While I'm covered by sadness,
Now everything's clear to me..

Hael Husaini:
My love is born, and my breath is manifested
Just to be buried by you,
I feel so empty,

(repeat chorus)

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#152 - October 2021

:se:SWEDEN :se:

Dotter

Vintern jag var sexton

cduW5AE.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, we see a familiar face making a comeback to the FSC. We last saw singer and songwriter Johanna Jansson in the FSC back in July 2020 with the entry Backfire, which ended up in the top. 3.

Jansson, who goes by the stage name Dotter (Swedish for "Daughter"), is perhaps mostly known to Eurovision and Melodifestivalen-fans for her attempts at representing Sweden in the European contest with her Melodifestivalen entries Cry [2018], Bulletproof [2020] and recently in 2021 with Little Tot. In the 2020 final of Melodifestivalen she ended up as a runner-up with just 1 point behind the final winner, and the entry Bulletproof also remains her highest, and so far only top. 3, charting single on the official Swedish singles chart to date.

Apart from her own solo material, Jansson has also co-written songs to other artists including the Melodifestivalen entries A Million Years from 2017 and Victorious from the 2019-contest.

This month's entry for Sweden titled Vintern jag var sexton (The Winter I Was Sixteen), was released a year ago and is Dotter's first, and so far only, single sung in Swedish. It's a melodic, beautiful and slightly melancholic Swedish pop ballad about the longing for a teenage love and a time long gone.

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

fango

FSC TAIWAN 臺灣 :tw: FSC #152 October 2021

TRASH - Home (家)

242614193_398459488316092_1037814733092152763_n.jpg

About TRASH BAND (TRASH樂團) xmetal
TRASH is a well-known Taiwanese Band, founded in 2009 from the members "Marz23" Lin Zhi-Rong (Vocal/Guitar), Euan Lin (Guitar), TTeng (Bass) and Kuei Gun (Drums) under Warner Music Taiwan. As an underground band TRASH released in 2012 the first self-titled album. In the same year they won the competition at the Gongliao Hohaiyan Rock Festival in Taipei, Taiwan. The following years were filled with touring in Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong and South Korea.

Inspired by their Brit-pop and grunge idols, they called themselves ‘TRASH’ to convey how their creativity is a hodgepodge of unlikely objects of inspiration. Their special brand of grunge rock comes with equal measures of clarity and feeling as well as a hint of homage to the sound of the Nineties.

♫♫♫♫♫♫ TRASH – HOME ♫♫♫♫

Lyrics / Mandarin中文 & English Translation

看不清 那些複雜的劇情
I don’t understand those complicated stories
要深陷還是抽離 我還不太確定
To stay or to leave? I can’t decide yet
搞不定 還是有一些疑慮
Can’t figure it out, still have doubts
是不是我太著急 只能故作鎮定
Am I too impatient? I can only stay calm
深呼吸感受整個大地
Take a deep breath and feel the earth
把所有是非黑白都歸零
No more right or wrong from now on

就這麼簡單
It’s as simple as that
是如此簡單
Just as simple as that
看透了一切就不再難
Now That I’ve seen through it all, there’s nothing else that can hold me back
從沒有離開
I’ve never left
從沒有離開
I’ve never left
繞了一大圈才明白
After traveling a thousand miles, I’ve finally understood
原來家一直都在
Home is where the heart is

聽仔細 腦海沈睡的聲音
Listen carefully to the sound of my sleeping mind
要墮落還是升起 其實早就確定
To fall or to rise? It’s already been decided
看仔細來自紅塵的騙局
Look carefully, all this deception from this fallen world
要跟隨或帶領我來決定
To follow or to lead? It’s up to me
喚醒腦海沈睡的聲音
Wake up the sound of my sleeping mind
把惡魔全都趕出去
Kick all the demons out

從沒想過能如此清澈
My mind has never been so clear
仰望著星空終於知道了
Looking at the stars, I finally see

就這麼簡單
It’s as simple as it is
是如此簡單
Just simple as it is
看透了一切就不再難
Now that I’ve seen through it all, nothing can no longer hold me back
從沒有離開
I’ve never left
從沒有離開
I’ve never left
繞了一大圈才明白
After traveling a thousand miles, I finally see that
原來家一直都在
Home is where your heart is

這是來自覺醒的聲音
Hear the sound of awakening
呼喚著行屍走肉的你
It’s calling you, like a walking dead
這是來自宇宙的聲音
Listen to the sound of the universe
讓你看清 這一
For you to finally get a clear view of

Everything

就這麼簡單
It’s simple as that
是如此簡單
Just simple as that
看透了一切就不再難
Now I’m enlightened, nothing can hold me back
從沒有離開
I’ve never left
從沒有離開
I’ve never left
繞了一大圈才明白
After seeing the world, now I know
原來家一直都在
Home has always been here
一直都在
It’s always here
原來家一直都在
Home is always here

artwork-440x440.jpg

TRASH's Newest Album "Holy Trip!" Highlight Medley

xcheer :tw: xcheer :tw: xcheer :tw: xcheer :tw: xcheer :tw: xcheer

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - November 2021 - Ina Wroldsen - More

43N9EhD.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC November 2021 is the multi-talented Norwegian singer-songwriter Ina Wroldsen who returns to the FSC for Norway after a long absence. Here is some more information about her.

Ina (Christine) Wroldsen (born in Oslo, Norway in 1984) is a Norwegian singer and songwriter who has for many years lived in London, England (with frequent work-visits to Los Angeles, USA). She lived most of her childhood years in the town of Sandefjord south of the Norwegian capital. Early in her career she got a record contract and released some music on her own, but has for many years focused on writing songs for other international artists.

She has written popular and successful songs for famous artists like Britney Spears, Shakira, One Direction, Shontelle, The Saturdays and The Pussycat Dolls to name a few. In the 2013 Norwegian MGP she also wrote (together with Quiz & Larossi) the popular song “Bombo“ which was performed by Adelèn and which came 2nd in the final. In mid-2011 she started a successful collaboration with the Icelandic songwriter and music producer Arnthor Birgisson - and the Ask Embla music project was born.

They released several popular songs in the years 2012-2014 (‘Father’s Eyes’, their biggest hit, ‘Cry Baby’, ‘I Fell In Love’, ‘Legion’ and the FSC-winner ‘Lay It On Me’) as well as an album ‘Northern Light’ (2013). They began work on a 2nd album but it was indefinitely delayed as they started to focus on solo-projects. The Ask Embla-project was ‘put on ice’ for the forseeable future and all Ina’s attention was now on her solo-career.

Ina Wroldsen countiued her solo-career in the next few years, releasing several singles including a new version (with Broiler) of “Lay It On Me”. She also spent time on other projects, including being one of the judges on the Norwegian pop-IDOL tv-show in 2016.

In December 2016, after a visit to Africa, she released the gripping ballad “St. Peter”. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2017.

The EP “HEX” (inspired by Norwegian Folklore-tales) was released in June 2018. It consisted of 4 new songs (“Sea”, “Remember Me”, “Mine” and “Mother”). “Mother” was the Norwegian entry in FSC September 2018. The first single from the EP, released in April 2018, was the beautiful ocean-ballad “Sea”. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC March 2019.

That same month she released a new song together with the Lithuanian DJ/Producer Dynoro called ‘Obsessed’. It was a melodic groovy Dance-pop song that quickly became popular many places in Europe. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC February 2020.

In the past year Ina Wroldsen has been working on new music for an EP-release in late May 2021. The EP consists of 4 songs and she released one after another in April and May 2021. One of the new songs on the EP was the powerful Nordic Pop-ballad “More” (which she co-wrote). This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC November 2021.

Ina Wroldsen is a multi-talented singer and songwriter and there is little doubt that we will hear more from her in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #153 November 2021, called “More”, is a powerful Nordic Pop-ballad co-written and performed by Ina Wroldsen. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Ina Wroldsen again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for November 2021!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Ina Wroldsen - More

I smell you on my sheets when my bed is fresh
I don't know what's happening to me, I don't second guess
All I know is that I can't see when you're gone
Can't breathe when you're gone, can't be when you're gone

You're underneath my skin, I feel you places
Nobody else has ever been, I'm going crazy
This could be grace or just sin
I don't care, say when I'll be there
Your hands in my hair, big bangs don't compare to this

I can't stop and I won't stop, this is serious
You touch me with just one touch, I'm delirious
All I want is you to give me more

I lay alone at night and feel you in my bones
I focus and I find, I've lost all self control
I'm swimming in oceans I've never been lost in before
Everything that you do got me begging for more

And now we're head over heels and I think I know
This is how serenity feels and the tension grows
You pull me in I become you, and you're in me true like beginnings
Do what you want, I choose to belong right here

I can't stop and I won't stop, this is serious
And you turn me with just one touch, I'm delirious
All I want is you to give me more

Your touch lingers like air, your presence all around
I see you everywhere, I might be lost or found
I'm feeling emotions like little explosions, and ah

More, more
More

We're going deeper with crazy, crazy love
I follow lead when we're making, making love
You got me speechless with crazy, crazy love
Crazy love
And now I lay alone at night

Your touch lingers like air, your presence all around
I see you everywhere, I might be lost or found
I'm feeling emotions like little explosions, and ah

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

hawadharma

FSC NOVEMBER 2021
MALAYSIA

Artist: Floor88
Song: "Chikadun"

lirik%2Blagu%2Bfloor%2B88%2Bchikadun.jpg

After many ballads, Malaysia goes a different direction this edition.
"Chikadun" (slang for "drugs") is a satirical pop song, telling a story about a bright kid being lure into taking drugs by his friends, and ended up becoming a trouble to others. This song also critics how bad parenting skills today has give birth to entitled kids with no sense of accountability.

This musical style song used words from traditional poetry, and also used some traditional instruments to make the song more relatable to all generations.

kzmxgirl

FSC NOVEMBER 2021

2560px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png

Kenia Os - Me Dolió ft. Alan Jacques, Kid Gallo & Amador

images

Kenia Guadalupe Flores Osuna (born 15 July 1999), known professionally as Kenia Os, is a Mexican singer, model, and songwriter.

Kenia is also known for her music, With her hit "Por Siempre". Osuna currently has 7 million subscribers on her main YouTube channel with 3.7 million subscribers on her music channel. Among her acknowledgments, she has won the MTV Millennial Awards, Kids' Choice Awards, and Premio Eres and was nominated for the Heat Latin Music Awards.

In 2015, Os created her first YouTube channel, and soon after she became well known in Mexico. In 2018 she became a singer, releasing her first single "Por Siempre" and signed a contract with Lizos Music.

In 2019, she released her first EP En Vivo (Acoustic), and became an emerging music artist in Mexico. The following year, she was invited to participate in the Spotify Awards.[3] In 2020, she released her second EP Canciones Pa Mi Ex Vol.1, in 2021 her third EP Live From Blackwood Studio. She was later invited by MTV Latina to be one of the hosts of the 2021 MTV Millennial Awards alongside Kali Uchis.[4]

In October of the same year, she joined the main cast of the HBO Max original show Bake Off Celebrity Mexico: The Great Pastry Chef. Also in October, it was announced that she would give voice to the soundtrack and main theme of the Televisa novel, Contigo Sí, together with the singer León Leiden. She also recently signed with the record company Sony Music Mexico.

heke1988

FSC 153 November

:fi: :fi: Haloo Helsinki! - Piilotan mun kyyneleet (I Hide My Tears):fi::fi:

Haloo Helsinki!

haloohelsinki-2021-06-28.jpg

Haloo Helsinki! band was formed by Elli Haloo (Elisa Tiilikainen), Jere Marttila, Leo Hakanen and Jukka Solden in 2006. Since then Haloo Helsinki! has became one of the most favourite Finnish language pop-rock band. Now they are presenting Finland with their pop-rock power ballad: "Piilotan mun kyyneleet" (I Hide My Tears) (published in 2021). They presented it first time in live UMK 2021.

Elli says of the lyrics: - I hide my tears is a wistful description of lost love, the maintenance of hope and pain. The song describes it when you are forced to let go and accept another going forward. Sometimes love may have to be given up involuntarily.

"Piilotan mun kyyneleet" will also be theme music in upcoming Finnish movie "Odotus", which scenes you can see in the music video.

Lyrics in Finnish:

Piilotan mun kyyneleet

[Verse 1]
Kalliolla sun kanssa taas kahdestaan
Toivon, että sut vihdoin mä takas saan
Mutta sä mietit ihan muuta
Vältät katsetta, jotta en romahtaisi
Mikä särkyneen ehjäksi enää saisi?
Et enää takas meille muuta

[Chorus]
Kun toinen lähtee pois
Niin toinen aina jää kalliolle hiljenemään
Kun toinen lähtee pois
Niin toinen aina jää kirjaimeksi kallion seinämään
Se sattuu kun meet, se sattuu kun meet
Ja jonkun toisen onnelliseksi teet
Mä piilotan mun kyyneleet silkkihuivin alle

[Verse 2]
On vuosi mennyt, te istutte kahdestaan
Katson kuvaa, jossa aurinko kimaltaa
Hääkutsu oli ehkä liikaa
No miten pääsen susta irti?
Voiko kirkossa huutaa, että vastustan
Meneekö vuosia viisi?
Ehkä silloin susta irroitan
Ei jaksa enää huutaa

[Chorus]
Kun toinen lähtee pois
Niin toinen aina jää kalliolle hiljenemään
Kun toinen lähtee pois
Niin toinen aina jää kirjaimeksi kallion seinämään

Ei, ei, ei enempää

[Refrain]
Mä piilotan mun kyyneleet
Sattuu kun meet
Se sattuu kun meet

[Outro]
Läpi kyynelten katson sua kevyesti
Mietin kuinka tää melkein kaiken kesti
Rakastan sua ikuisesti

Lyrics in English:

I Hide My Tears

[Verse 1]
On the rocks with you again, the two of us
Hoping that I’ll finally get you back
But your thoughts are elsewhere
You avoid my gaze so that I don’t break down
What would make a broken one whole again?
You are not moving back in to our place

[Chorus]
When one of us leaves
The other one always stays on the rocks to become calm
When one of us leaves
The other one always remains as a letter on the surface of a rock
It hurts when you go, it hurts when you go
And when you are making someone else happy
I hide my tears under a silk scarf

[Verse 2]
One year has passed, the two of you sit
I watch a picture in which the sun glitters
Maybe the wedding invitation was too much
Well, how can I free myself of you?
Can I shout in the church that I object?
Will it take five years?
Maybe then I can let go of you
I don't have the strength to shout anymore

[Chorus]
When one of us leaves
The other one always stays on the rocks to become calm
When one of us leaves
The other one always remains as a letter on the surface of a rock
I hide my tears under a silk scarf.

No, no, no more

[Refrain]
Hurts when you go
It hurts when you go

[Outro]
Through my tears I watch you tenderly
Thinking how this almost lasted
I’ll love you forever

Last edited:
:se: FSC#153 - November 2021 :se:

Raaban feat. Séb Mont​

Vertigo

lLxUhkC.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, our representative is the Swedish DJ Raaban whose real name is Robbin Söderlund. Raaban has created many EDM hits through a broad range of collaborations with other singers such as Rabih Jaber, Stockholm Syndrome ("Karma" FSC 59), and Japanese singer Yuka Masaki. Raaban is most famous however as being part of the former duo group Tungevaag & Raaban.

During the period under the “Tungevaag & Raaban” name, he has released singles such as “Samsara”, "Parade", "Take Me Away" and "Bad Boy" which was the Swedish entry in FSC 124. The duo has also collaborated with the Estonian Eurovision representative Victor Crone. The Tungevaag & Raaban duo pathed ways in 2019 as Raaban’s career has continued to develop as a solo composer.

This month’s entry for Sweden is yet another Raaban collaboration which is with the Australian singer Séb Mont. The song is an uptempo EDM about love being like the feeling of a “Vertigo”, that's the title of the song.

EXTENDED MIX:

LYRICS:

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - December 2021 - Sirenia - December Snow

c7GmQtz.jpg

Representing Norway in December 2021, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 9 months, is the famous Norwegian Symphonic Metal band Sirenia. Here is some more information about them.

Sirenia, named after the Sirens of Greek mythology, was founded in 2001 by the Norwegian musician Morten Veland, after he left the Norwegian Gothic Metal band Tristania due to musical disagreements and differences. The band is from Stavanger and has been based in Norway from the start.

The band has had several changes in members over the years (including several different female vocalists of which the current one is Emmanuelle Zoldan), but Morten Veland (guitar, bass, keyboards and vocals), nexus and founder of the Norwegian band, has been at the center of it all for 20 years.

Albums: Discography

At Sixes and Sevens (2002)
An Elixir For Existence (2004)
Nine Destinies and a Downfall (2007)
The 13th Floor (2009)
The Enigma of Life (2011)
Perils of the Deep Blue (2013)
The Seventh Life Path (2015)
Dim Days of Dolor (2016)
Arcane Astral Aeons (2018)
Riddles, Ruins & Revelations (2021)

Sirenia in FSC for Norway

All My Dreams (March 2011)
Fading Star (August 2011)
Seven Widows Weep (August 2013)
My Destiny Coming To Pass (February 2014)
Serpent (June 2015)
Goddess of the Sea (December 2016)
Dim Days of Dolor (October 2017)
Into The Night (November 2018)
Love Like Cyanide (June 2019)
Glowing Embers (September 2019)
This Curse of Mine (March 2021)
December Snow (December 2021)

In 2020 Sirenia worked on tracks for their latest album, there was a delay due to the covid-19 pandemic but a single “Addiction no 1” was released in late 2020 and the new album “Riddles, Ruins & Revelations” was finally released in February 2021. It included 11 tracks, with a slight shift to a more electronic, industrial sound. Their music style has evolved over the years from a heavier death-metal gothic style at the start to more Symphonic Metal with choirs and commercial undertones in later years. But they keep showing variety and dynamics in their music on every album released, with a mix of clean vocals and growls and heavy use of guitars and drums. They have for a long time been the defining band of Norwegian Symphonic Metal music.

From this newest 2021-album the song “This Curse of Mine” was selected as the Norwegian entry in FSC March 2021. And another song from the album, “December Snow”, has now been chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC December 2021.

Sirenia will without doubt continue to make music and dominate the Norwegian Symphonic Metal scene in the years to come to all their fans’ delight all over the world.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #154 December 2021, called “December Snow”, is another great epic and melodic Symphonic Metal song by Norwegian Metal band Sirenia. It fits perfectly in this FSC-month of December with its December/winter-lyrics. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Sirenia again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for December 2021!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Sirenia - December Snow

Winter night and starlit skies
A velvet light adorned your eyes
That twinkle then somehow let go
Now too far gone, like last year’s snow

Somewhere in the distance
I saw you turn away
Your eyes were cold, they had lost their glow
Cold as December Snow

And the morning light
Will never come to life
I close my eyes for one last time
In the dead of night
Under the pale star light
I'll lay to rest until all stars alight

Closing doors, a faded dream
These inner wars eternally
You speak to me from a waning star
These arcane words from so afar

Far beyond existence
Where darkness rules each day
You closed the door on what was before
Then returned here nevermore

And the morning light
Will never come to life
In the dead of night

Ton regard d'or et d'ambre
Alors que tu partais, s'est détourné de moi
L'ont alors remlplacé, des yeux vides et froids
Glaçés comme tombait la neige de Décembre

And the morning light
Will never come to life
In the dead of night

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

heke1988

FSC 154 December

:fi::fi: Battle Beast - Master of Illusion:fi::fi:

Battle Beast

battlebeast2021a-800x522.jpg
Battle Beast was originally founded in 2008. Battle Beast's music genres are power and heavy metal. Nowadays Battle Beast members are Noora Louhimo (Vocalist), Juuso Soinio (Rhytm guitar), Pyry Vikki (Drums), Eero Sipilä (Bass and backing vocalist), Janne Björkroth (Keytar and backing vocalist) and Joona Björkroth (Lead guitarist and backing vocalist). Past members are Nitte Valo (original Vocalist) and Anton Kabanen (Original lead guitarist and backing vocalist --> he founded Beast in Black and he is Beast in Black's lead guitarist, keytar and backing vocalist).

"Master of Illusion" is song in upcoming Battle Beast's album "Circus of Doom". Battle Beast's keyboardist Janne Björkroth describes "Master of Illusion" by these words: “ Master of Illusion is a cannon dance song that makes the mirror balls ring. The song makes room for a wide variety of interpretations with its story of selfishness, greed and narrow-mindedness. The central character of the song pursues his own interests without listening to and respecting others, until his whole life begins to resemble an illusion into which its builder also loses himself. However, there is playfulness in the composition, lyrics and production, and the small twinkle that characterizes Battle Beast remains in the corner of the eye when it comes to handling even harsh themes."

Lyrics in English:

Master of Illusion

[Verse 1]
Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who's the greatest of them all?
I'm the master of illusion
Welcome to my mad delusion
I'm the one who makes the rules
For the heroes and the fools
I can tear down angels from the sky
And make Mona Lisa cry

[Pre-Chorus]
You can hear the weeping violins
Long before the bitter end begins
You can see the strings and puppeteer
Before the dusk will make them disappear

[Chorus]
The game is over
No morе rounds to play, it's time to pay
Who's got the joker?
Thе game is over
Who's got the joker
To kill the lies and make your heart recall
There's no other sky to fall

[Verse 2]
The dominoes of greed
Are falling for your endless needs
You're the master of illusion
Lost in your sad delusion
Every time you roll the dice
We're the ones who pay the price
While the oceans boil for your games
You just feed the flames

[Pre-Chorus]
You can hear the weeping violins
Long before the bitter end begins
You can see the strings and puppeteer
Before the dusk will make them disappear

[Chorus]
The game is over
No more rounds to play, it's time to pay
Who's got the joker?
The game is over
Who's got the joker
To kill the lies and make your heart recall

[Guitar Solo]

[Bridge]
And you will ask:
"Which one am I?
Am I dead or still alive?"
Reflections of the real fade
The stranger in the mirror remains
Can you hear the weeping violins
And cut the strings before the end begins?

[Chorus]
The game is over
No more rounds to play, it's time to pay
Who's got the joker?
The game is over
Who's got the joker?
We are the ones; we hold the cards

hawadharma

FSC DECEMBER 2021
MALAYSIA

Artist: Aina Abdul
Song: "Sepi"

ab67616d0000b273ec32c22514629c66e66eabfb

Malaysia started 2021 with Aina Abdul's powerful ballad "Semalam" and closes 2021 with another ballad from her entitled "Sepi".
This song is composed and written by Aina Abdul herself, inspired by the hardship and struggles she endured to reach her stardom today. In her younger days, she used to sing at pubs and nightclubs for a meagre salary. In 2014, she joined a singing reality show "Mentor" where she emerged as 2nd runner up. Being left out from the mainstream music industry due to her "un-commercial" looks, she turns to indie scene and produced singles such as "Shadow" and "Ghost".

Her breakthrough only came around 4 years later when her song "Sumpah" became one of the finalists of AJL 2019.
She started making song covers on Youtube, gaining her international recognition from fans all over the world for her amazing vocal ability and her amazing skills for musical arrangement. The only way is up from there, she emerges champion of major singing reality show in Malaysia such as "The Masked Singer", "Immortal Songs" and "Vokal Mania".

Her song "Semalam" achieve 2nd place in AJL 2021, and this song "Sepi" has just been announced as one of the semifinalist for AJL 2022. "Sepi" also has a Korean language version which is dedicated to her strong Korean fanbase.

Lyrics (English Translation)

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#154 - December 2021

Icona Pop x VIZE

Off of My Mind

iYzLoge.jpg

PRESENTATION:

Sweden is rounding up this year with a banger and a comeback to the contest with the EDM/House and Dance-Pop duo Icona Pop and the entry Off of My Mind. The song, which is a collaboration together with German EDM/House duo VIZE (consisting of music producer Vitali Zestovskih and DJ Johannes Vimalavong), is a catchy EDM/House stomper ready to set any upcoming New Year's party on fire!

We last saw Icona Pop, consisting of Caroline Hjelt and Aino Jawo, in the FSC back in August 2015 when the entry Emergency managed to reach a top. 5 position in the contest. The duo, which was formed in 2009 and debuted with the single Manners in 2011, got their domestic as well as international breakthrough with the single I Love It (which featured British Electro-Pop singer-songwriter Charli XCX) in 2012. I Love It remains the girls' most successful single to date and one of the biggest Swedish music exports of the past decade, reaching the top spot on the official British Singles Chart and the top. 3 in various other markets including Germany and Australia. Icona Pop is also one of the few Swedish acts to achieve a top. 10 single on the American Billboard Hot 100 chart.

So being back to the contest again after all these years, will they manage to top their previous attempt? You decide!

LYRICS:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - January 2022 - Sigrid - Burning Bridges

cHdTefA.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC January 2022 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, the talented Norwegian female pop-star Sigrid. Here is some more information about her.

Sigrid Solbakk Raabe (born 5th September 1996), known professionally as Sigrid, is a talented Norwegian singer and songwriter. She was born in Ålesund on the west-coast of Norway to a music-interested family. During her childhood, she was inspired by Joni Mitchell, Adele and Neil Young. Sigrid and her older sister started up a band called Sala Says Mhyp when she was 17 and apparently named it after her dead cat, Sala.

Sigrid began her career in 2013 by releasing her debut single "Sun". The song was seen as her national breakthrough in Norway though she was still fairly unknown among the general public. She later signed to Petroleum Records the following year and performed at festivals such as Øyafestivalen (one of Norway’s more famous music festivals).

In 2016 Sigrid signed with Island Records. This was an ambitious move which turned out to be successful. She released her debut single with Island, "Don't Kill My Vibe", in 2017. The song became a huge commercial and critical hit, charting in Norway, Australia and the United Kingdom among other places. Sigrid performed on Park Stage at Glastonbury music festival receiving rave reviews. She was also a part of ‘The Sims 4: Parenthood’ soundtrack with the ‘Simlish’ version of "Don't Kill My Vibe". In July 2017 Sigrid released another single called “Plot Twist”.

In November 2017 Sigrid released a new single called “Strangers” which became very popular and soon was another fan- and critical favourite, charting in Norway, Ireland and the United Kingdom. An energetic Synth-Pop number, this showed that she was no one-hit wonder.

In 2018 Sigrid released a few more songs, called “Raw” and “High Five”, and she was furthermore announced as ‘BBC's Sound of 2018’. The same month, Sigrid won the ‘Newcomer of the Year’ award at Spellemannprisen 2017, the Norwegian Grammy Awards.

In December 2018 Sigrid announced that her debut album called ‘Sucker Punch’ would be released in March 2019. The album consisted of 12 tracks, including five songs released prior to the album. The album solidified her standing as a newcomer to be watched in the pop-world. In late 2019 Sigrid embarked on a headline tour across Europe and North America to promote the release of ‘Sucker Punch’. Sigrid also contributed a song, "Home to You" for The Aeronauts soundtrack.

In 2020 Sigrid featured in a BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge cover of the Foo Fighters song "Times Like These", along with other artists such as Mabel, Dua Lipa and Rita Ora. This was organised in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. A new song called "Mirror" was then released on 26th May 2021.

Her next acclaimed and popular single "Burning Bridges" was released in August 2021. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC January 2022.

Sigrid is a popular Norwegian female pop-star and singer-songwriter who is now recognized for her talent both nationally and internationally. She is an artist from whom we will without doubt hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #155 January 2022, called “Burning Bridges”, is a catchy and melodic pop-banger from the talented singer-songwriter Sigrid. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Sigrid in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for January 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Sigrid - Burning Bridges

I could tell you the truth but you'd call me a liar
Tried to wave a white flag but you set it on fire

(And that's when you start asking yourself why)
You cry, they don't
Every single night
That's how you know

You gotta let it go
Sometimes you just can't fix it
You love somebody, love somebody
But you gotta let 'em go
Before you go down with 'em
Can't love somebody who loves burning bridges

Burning bridges

I used ‘sorry’ to keep you and that was my error
'Cause I tore me apart try’na hold us together

(And that's when you start asking yourself why)
You cry, they don't
Every single night
That's how you know

You gotta let it go
But you gotta let 'em go

You cry, they don't
That's how you know
You cry, they don't
That's how you know

You gotta let it go
But you gotta let 'em go

You cry, they don't
That's how you know
You cry, they don't
That's how you know

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

heke1988

FSC 155 January

:fi: :fi: Viivi - Hyväuskoinen (Gullible/Bona Fide:fi::fi:

Viivi

eb95761f9be538fed4c87372843cc1af.640x640x1.jpg

Viivi Mirette Korhonen (artist name Viivi) was born in 1999 and she is Finnish pop-singer and songwriter. In 2009 Viivi became second in Lasten laulu kilpailu Karuselli and the year before she won it. In 2013 she became once again second place in The Voice Kids.

Viivi signed recording contract with Capital Records in 2017. Her breakthrought was in 2021 with songs "Lääke", "USA" and "Hyväuskoinen". Viivi is nominated on five category in Emma Gaala: Year's music video (Hyväuskoinen), Year's pop (Lääke/USA/Hyväuskoinen), Year's song (USA), Year's rookie and Year's artist, which is chosen with public vote.

Viivi's song Hyväuskoinen (Gullible/Bona Fide), which is our entry, is a melancholic and beautiful pop ballad. According to Viivi's view of Hyväuskoinen:
“The bona fide was born like himself this fall (2021). One other song had already been almost decided to be a single among the team, but this one wedged past. This is the most personal song of all the singles released so far for me and tells me about things I’ve experienced in my life. I think muse in general is all about making the songs feel and having some meaning. This really feels like and that’s why I wanted to post this now. I hope you like it.

Lyrics in Finnish:

Hyväuskoinen

Onhan se sääli, et tää meni näin
Kai mä sit väärin päätin, kun jäin
Ja halusin uskoo
Et ihminen muuttuu, jos se lupaa niin
Eikä enää muut tuu meidän väliin
Jos me sovitaan niin

En tiiä, miten pääsen siit yli
Ku justhan kaikki oli meil niin hyvin
Etkö sä välitä
Vai mitä mä en ymmärrä?
Tää tuli mulle vähän vaan puun takaa
Ku just opin suhun taas luottamaan
Must ei oo ikinä tuntunu näin tyhmältä

Se oli kai helppoo kietoo mut
Sun valheiden verkkoon, kun en halunnut totuutta uskoo
Mun maailma ei ollu paha ennen meit
Mut nyt siin on kolhu siitä, mitä sä teit
Ja miten hyvin sä peitit sen

Etkö sä välitä
Vai mitä mä en ymmärrä?

Onhan se sääli, et tää meni näin
Kai mä sit väärin päätin, kun jäin
Ja halusin uskoo
Etkö sä välitä, vai mitä mä en ymmärrä?

Oon sulle tärkee, vannoit sen
Ja mä tyhmä uskoin sen
Saat ettii jonkun toisen
Yhtä hyväuskoisen

Lyrics in English

Gullible/Bona Fide

It's a shame, that things had to go like this
I guess I made the wrong choice when I stayed
And I wanted to believe
That people change, when they promise to do so
And that others won't come between us anymore
If we agree so

I don't know how I'll get over this
Since everything was just fine between us
Do you not care
Or what is it that don't I understand?
This just came out of nowhere to me
When I had just learned to trust you
I've never felt this stupid before

I guess it was easy to tie me
Into your web of lies, since I didn't want to believe the truth
My world wasn't bad before us
But now there's a dent, made by you
And by how easily you hid it

Do you not care
Or what is it that don't I understand?

It's a shame, that things had to go like this
I guess I made the wrong choice when I stayed
And I wanted to believe
Do you not care, or what is it that don't I understand?

I'm important to you, you swore so
And stupid me believed that
You can find someone else
As gullible/bona fide as me

Ausesken

:es: SPAIN | FSC 155 | JANUARY 2022 :es:

T a n x u g u e i r a s
F i g a

Tanxugueiras-t.jpg

Tanxugueiras is a trio of Galician tambourine players formed by Aida Tarrío and the twin sisters Olaia and Sabela Maneiro. They started working together in 2016. The group works with the repertoire of traditional Galician music, but with a modern touch. This fusion is especially obvious in their latest works: Midas (February 2021) and the one participating in FSC, Figa (July 2021).

Nunca cuspas cara arriba,
que todo tende a caer
Para falar faltas doutros,
Ninghunha en ti ha de haber

Marmuras sempre de min
Marmuras de min e doutros.
No inferno tes unha cama,
para te deitar un pouco.

Atende do teu primeiro
que nunca se perde ninghuén
Pérdese por marmurar
da vida de cadaquen
Pérdese por marmurar
da vida de cadaquen
Atende do teu primeiro
o dos demais non é teu.
(o dos demais non é teu.)

Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
(O dos demais non é teu.)
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé

Anque de min dighan, dighan
Anque de min dighan ben.
Eu non digho de ninghuén.

Anque de min dighan, dighan (marmurar de min e doutros)
Anque de min dighan ben.
Eu non digo de ninghuén.

Non teñas tanta amarghura
nun corpiño tan pequeno,
Vaiche vaiche podrecendo
até acabar falmaguento.

Vaite de aí, rexoubeiro
rexoubar á túa casa.
Se na miña casa hai fume,
na túa queima que abrasa.

Atende do teu primeiro
que nunca se perde ninghuén
Pérdese por marmurar
da vida de cadaquen
Pérdese por marmurar
da vida de cadaquen
Atende do teu primeiro
o dos demais non é teu.
(o dos demais non é teu.)

Lerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé

Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé

Anque de min dighan ben.

Anque de min dighan, dighan (marmurar de min e doutros)
Anque de min dighan ben.
Anque de min dighan, dighan (marmurar de min...)
Never spit upwards
For everything tends to go down
To talk about the flaws of others
You must be flawless yourself

You're always gossiping about me
Gossiping about me and other people
In hell you'll find a bed
To lie down a bit

Mind your own business first
That never ruined anybody
What ruins you is gossiping
About the lives of other people
What ruins you is gossiping
That of others is not yours
(That of others is not yous)

Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
(That of others is not yours)
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé

Even if they speak and speak of me
Even if they speak highly of me
I never speak of anybody

Even if they speak and speak of me (gossiping about me and other people)
I never speak of anybody

Don't hold so much bitterness
In such a small body
Little by little it eats you away
Until you end up rotten.

Piss off, you gossip
Go home if you want to gossip
If there is smoke in my house
There's burning fire in yours

That never ruined anybody
What ruins you is whispering
What ruins you is whispering
That of others is not yours
(That of others is not yous)

Lerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé

Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé
Ailerelelerelé

I never speak of anybody

Even if they speak and speak of me (gossiping about me and others)
Even if they speak and speak of me (gossiping about me)
I never speak of anybody

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#155 - January 2022

Veronica Maggio

SE MIG

DSQXzW1.jpg

PRESENTATION:

Sweden is starting off the new year with yet another comeback, this time with singer-songwriter Veronica Maggio and the catchy entry SE MIG (SEE ME), the first single released from the singer's seventh album titled Och som vanligt händer det något hemskt (And as Usual Something Awful is Happening). The song includes elements of Maggio's own specific blend of Swedish Indie-Pop, Vispop and Scandipop as well as 1980's synth-pop influences.

This is Maggio's sixth entry in the FSC following Jag kommer (I'm Coming) [#8 FSC26 - Apr 2011], Sergels torg [Sergel's Square] [#6 FSC57 - Nov 2013], Hela huset (The Whole House) [#18 FSC64 - Jun 2014], Vi mot världen (Us Against the World) [#15 FSC89 - Jul 2016] and latest Solen har gått ner (The Sun Has Set) [#22 FSC130 - Dec 2019].

Following her 2006 debut single Dumpa mig (Dump Me) and other singles such as Nöjd? (Satisfied?) [2006], Måndagsbarn (Monday's Child) [2008], Välkommen in (Welcome Inside) [2011], Låtsas som det regnar (Pretending as if it's Raining) [2013] and Tillfälligheter [Coincidences] [2019], Maggio has become one of the most successful singers in Sweden with four of her studio albums reaching the top spot on the Official Swedish Albums chart as well as two #1 singles, with additional two top. 3, four top. 5 and 5 top. 10 singles on the official Swedish Singles chart. She has also reached success in neighboring Scandinavian countries Norway and Denmark, with two top. 3 and two top. 10 albums on the Norwegian albums chart (making her one of the most successful Swedish language artists internationally).

With this comeback to the FSC, the question remains if she will manage to finally get her first top. 5 (or higher) position? The power is in your hands fellow FSC'ers!

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

Last edited:
Top Bottom