Contact us

FSC Promotions Thread

kopachka

2BF2CZN.png

I have joined FSC in September 2010 so this edition marks my 10th year of participation in this amazing contest. Being part of this lovely community helped me discover tons of great music throughout this decade and I am so grateful for all of it. When I was thinking of what could be a good entry for this special occasion, I simply had no idea. A week ago I was driving home from the seaside vacation and instead of listening to my playlist, I played the radio instead. It turned out to be a good idea as it introduced me to the newest song of Magazin - possibly the most popular Croatian music group (or pop band) for decades already. I fell in love with the song on the first listening and then I thought "They could be THE artist I could send for my 10th year anniversary!" Some of you may wonder what makes them a perfect fit for this occasion? Well, only a few of current FSC members took part in FSC 19 in September 2010 when Magazin won with the song "Sijamski blizanci". One of the members also considers this song as his favorite song from all the FSC editions in 2010. :mrgreen: Since they won on my first participation, it felt really great to send another of their awesome songs in the FSC 139. :)

Soooo for the September 2020 edition I'm going with an edgy-powerful-pop song that Magazin dedicated to the women around the world. The title of the song is "Samo da se zna (Jaka sam ti ja)" which translates to "Just so you know (I am strong)", and it also aims to spread the message that we can come out stronger through all the crisis, including the current pandemic. The song will also be presented as part of CMC Festival 2020, one of the most important music events in Croatia.

hawadharma

:my:

FSC SEPTEMBER 2020
Malaysia

canggung%2B10-min.jpg

Artist: Wany Hasrita
Song: "Canggung" (Awkward)

Wany Hasrita is a rising singer in Malaysia. Known for her sweet and demure personality, she was once awarded the Most Popular Artiste in Malaysia for year 2018. Started off as a Youtuber covering popular songs, Wany Hasrita now can be proud of numerous hit singles like "Menahan Rindu", "Terlalu Memuja", "Rintihan Rindu" and "Belenggu Rindu".

"Canggung" is her latest single where she experimenting with pop ethnic genre.
Enjoy!

Lyrics (With English Translation):

kzmxgirl

:mx::mx::mx::mx: FSC SEPTEMBER 2020 :mx::mx::mx::mx:

Vazquez-Sounds.jpg

Vázquez Sounds, is a Mexican musical trio formed by siblings Abelardo "Abe", Gustavo "Gus" and Angela "Angie" Vázquez originating from the city of Mexicali, Baja California, in Mexico. They are known for their cover of the Adele song "Rolling in the Deep", which received over 230 million YouTube hits, becoming an instant internet sensation, and even earning them air time on Spanish-language television, CNN en Español, VH1 and Good Morning America.

Vázquez Sounds released their cover of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" on November 10, 2011 on YouTube. The single peaked at number one on the Mexican Top 100 Chart, and was certified platinum by the AMPROFON. They released their second single, a rendition of "All I Want for Christmas Is You", which peaked number two on the top 10, following their version of "Rolling in the Deep" at number one.

In September 2014, Vazquez Sounds released their first album containing original songs, which was an instant hit and earned them a nomination at the 2015 Latin GRAMMYs as "Best New Artist". Currently Vazquez Sounds remain as independent artists.

The trio forms a full band with the following recording arrangement:

Abe Vázquez – guitar, bass, piano, harmonica, accordion, ukulele, keyboard, vocals, percussion, drums
Born on December 23, 1995.

Gus Vázquez – drums, percussion, guitar, banjo, harmonica, piano
Born on May 15, 1998.

Angie Vázquez – lead vocals, piano, harmonica, guitar, ukulele
Born on January 17, 2001.

THE SONG!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE ENTRIES!

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - October 2020 - Alan Walker ft. Ava Max - Alone, Pt. II

pHlygiK.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC October 2020, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 10 months, is the talented young, very popular British-Norwegian Electronic Dance Music (EDM) -Producer and artist Alan Walker, this time featuring American singer-songwriter Ava Max on vocals. Here is some more information about them.

Alan Walker (born 24th August 1997) is a British-born Norwegian Record Producer and artist in the Electronic Dance Music (EDM)-genre. Born in Northampton, England of an English father and Norwegian mother, he and his family moved to Norway in 1999 at the age of two. He has since (for 17 years) lived in Bergen, Norway and has made his music career here.

His worldwide digital song and EDM-hit "Fade" gained attention after its release on YouTube via the label NoCopyrightSounds (NCS). The tracks "Spectre" and "Force" followed in 2015. He then signed with MER Musikk under Sony Music Sweden and his first single under that label was "Faded", a remastered vocal version of "Fade", released in December 2015.

Alan Walker gained worldwide attention. As of June 2016, "Faded" had over 356 million views on YouTube, an incredible feat. His new EDM-song "Sing Me To Sleep" (featuring Iselin Solheim again on vocals) came in 2016. This was the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2016. In December 2016 Alan Walker released a new single, called “Alone”. It featured the Swedish singer Noonie Bao on vocals. It was another melodic song in his typical musical style which gained huge popularity. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC February 2017.

At the beginning of the new year 2017, Alan Walker's YouTube channel became the most subscribed channel registered in Norway, after passing about 4.5 million subscribers. In May 2017 he released the single “Tired” featuring vocals by Gavin James while the song “Spectre” (based on one of his earlier songs) followed in September 2017. Then in October 2017 he released a new original EDM-single “All Falls Down” featuring Noah Cyrus and Digital Farm Animals on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC December 2017.

In 2018 Alan Walker featured on a song by Norwegian producer X-391 called “Ignite” released in May 2018 (the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2018) and also released 2 new singles: “Darkside” in July 2018, and “Diamond Heart” (see more info below) in September 2018. “Diamond Heart”, which featured Swedish Sophia Somajo on vocals, was the Norwegian entry in FSC January 2019. In spring 2019 he released a new single called “On My Way” which had some Spanish parts and which featured Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC August 2019. Alan Walker released a full album called “Different World” in December 2018 which included most of his singles as well as many new songs. One of these new songs was the melodic EDM-style ballad “Lily” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC December 2019.

In December 2019 he released his sequel to his 2016-single “Alone”, this one called “Alone, Pt. II”, and it featured American singer-songwriter Ava Max on vocals. The song became very popular among his many fans worldwide, on Youtube and other streaming platforms. This the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC October 2020.

In 2020 Alan Walker has released several more singles (incl. “End of Time” and “Heading Home”); a very productive and successful music producer- and artist, we will without doubt hear more from him in the future.

Amanda Ava Koci, known professionally as Ava Max, is an American singer-songwriter born in Wisconsin, USA. After moving across several states to pursue a music career in her childhood, Ava Max signed with Atlantic Records in 2016, where she released the song "Sweet but Psycho" in August 2018. It became her breakthrough single after peaking at number one in 22 countries, including the United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, and New Zealand. The song also peaked at number two in Australia, and number 10 on the US Billboard Hot 100.

Ava Max released her debut studio album "Heaven & Hell" in September 2020 and it included several of her previously released singles. She also collaborated with Alan Walker singing vocals on his single “Alone, Pt. II” which was released in December 2019. She is a talented singer and artist, with stage presence and an exuberant ‘presentation’ and image from whom we will without doubt hear more in the future.

The Norwegian entry for FSC October 2020, “Alone, Pt. II”, is a popular melodic EDM-style song by British-Norwegian EDM-Producer and artist Alan Walker ft. Ava Max on vocals. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Alan Walker again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the English lyrics for the song. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for October!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Alan Walker ft. Ava Max - Alone, Pt. II

We were young, posters on the wall
Praying we're the ones that the teacher wouldn't call
We would stare at each other
'Cause we were always in trouble

And all the cool kids did their own thing
I was on the outside always looking in
Yeah, I was there but I wasn't
They never really cared if I wasn't

We all need that someone who gets you like no one else
Right when you need it the most
We all need a soul to rely on, a shoulder to cry on
A friend through the highs and the lows

I'm not gonna make it a-la, la-la-la-la-la, la, la-la-la-la-la, 'lone ( x 2 )

Then I saw your face, your forgiving eyes
Looking back at me from the other side
Like you understood me
And I'm never letting you go

We all need that someone who gets you like no one else
Right when you need it the most
We all need a soul to rely on, a shoulder to cry on

I'm not gonna make it a-la, la-la-la-la-la, la, la-la-la-la-la, 'lone ( x 4 )

I'm not gonna make it alone

'Cause you are that someone that gets me like no one else
Right when I need it the most
And I'll be the one you rely on, a shoulder to cry on

I'm not gonna make it a-la, la-la-la-la-la, la, la-la-la-la-la, 'lone ( x 4 )

I'm not gonna make it alone

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

kopachka

cNzLMYD.png

Welcome back to FSC to Tonči Huljić and his band Madre Badessa! The first time they were seen in this competition in the role of main performers was back in July 2012 (FSC 41) with Providenca - one of my all time favorite Croatian songs. They also returned back to FSC 57 in November 2013 to perform extremely catchy tune Ajvar. :) Tonči Huljić (born in Split in 1961) is the multi-awarded composer who has an impressive musical career. He is also one of the key members of Magazin (well known FSC name, right?) and in fact, he is actually the founder of the group! He also has an own record label called Tonika and soon he will start running his own radio station. His musical career is just too huge to describe in the promotions thread, but I will mention which of the Croatian ESC entries were composed by him: Nostalgija (1995), Marija Magdalena (1999), Strings of My Heart (2001), Lijepa Tena (2009).

Speaking of ESC, Tonči explained that Kiša (English: rain) was initially composed and planned to be a Dora 2020 entry, but Tonči later claimed that "Dora is rather a social media competition nowadays and it doesn't have songs as the primary focus". Kiša is a sort of a teaser of what kind of music Tonči would like to work on more in the future. He also invited Víctor Espínola, a well known multi-instrumentalist and a famous player of the Paraguayan harp, to join him in performing the song. The video for the song was filmed in Belgrade and Tonči explained that the rhythm rain creates sometimes plays a huge inspiration and motivation in the process of making music. In the English version of the song there is a line saying "I'll make my way like the rainbow through the rain" which fits perfectly to the overall experience while listening to the song. xup

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#140 - October 2020

:se:SWEDEN :se:

Nicole Sabouné

Nowhere to Go

EljBuij.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, Sweden is sending 29-year old singer-songwriter Nicole Sabouné and the entry Nowhere to Go, taken from the singer's 2019 EP Come My Love. The song is a beautiful, yet haunting and dramatic, dreamy indie-Pop ballad with influences of Baroque pop and Art pop and acts like Kate Bush and Florence & The Machine.

Sabouné got her breakthrough by entering Sweden's first, and so far only, season of the TV singing talent show The Voice back in 2012, where she was coached by the Swedish glam-rock band The Ark's front-singer Ola Salo (a band known by songs like It Takes A Fool To Remain Sane and Calleth You Cometh I as well as representing Sweden in the 2007 edition of the Eurovision Song Contest)

Sabouné would later on work with Salo on her 2014 debut album Must Exist which includes her 2012 debut single Unseen Footage From a Forthcoming Funeral as well as the 2014 release Win This Life. In 2015, Sabouné followed up with her second, and self-produced, album titled Miman including the single Bleeding Faster.

LYRICS:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - November 2020 - Thomas Bergersen - Mountain Call

hw1UXAe.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC November 2020 is a new artist for Norway in FSC, the super-talented Norwegian cinematic music composer Thomas Bergersen. Here is some more information about him.

Thomas Jacob Bergersen (born 4th July 1980, Trondheim, Norway), professionally known as Thomas Bergersen, is a well known Norwegian music composer, multi-instrumentalist, and also the co-founder of the production music company and music project Two Steps From Hell. Bergersen's compositions have featured in many motion picture campaigns, such as Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Twilight Saga, The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, Da Vinci Code, The Mummy, The Dark Knight, Tron: Legacy and hundreds more. Bergersen has scored over one thousand soundtracks and film trailers.

He started his musical career as a demoscener, writing tracked modules under the name Lioz in the group Index. The release of a 2007 trance-style single titled "Remember September" saw Bergersen team with fellow Norwegian artist Boom Jinx.

In May 2010, Bergersen and his business partner, Nick Phoenix, released a debut public Epic Music Two Steps From Hell album titled ‘Invincible’, featuring some of their most popular tracks, including "Freedom Fighters", "Moving Mountains", and "Heart of Courage". This release did not go unnoticed, far from it. Several additional commercial album releases have since followed, including ‘Archangel’ and ‘SkyWorld’.

2011 saw the release of a solo-produced album/soundtrack from Thomas Bergersen, titled ‘Illusions’. His second solo public album called ‘Sun’ was released in September 2014 and had many popular tracks including the epic song ‘Empire of Angels’. With his epic cinematic style he was gaining a following around the world, both with his solo-work, his many motion picture/movie-compositions, and also with his Two Steps From Hell collaboration.

He has also released several commercial singles since 2011, including "Heart" and "The Hero in Your Heart," which were intended to provide disaster relief in the wake of the Tōhoku earthquake and Typhoon Haiyan, respectively. He has also composed music which has not been commercially released. In the past few years (2017-2019) he has planned his huge ‘Humanity’-project (see more details below) and has begun composing new music.

In March of 2020 the 7 part album series ‘Humanity’ was announced. ‘Humanity’ is indeed intended to be a 7 part album series exploring all aspects of human emotion. On 1st July 2020 the album ‘Humanity - Chapter I’ was released to acclaim from fans and followers alike. One of the epic and beautiful songs on this new album was the song ‘Mountain Call’, an instrumental song with beautiful angelic ‘choir’ (Audrey Callahan) in the background of the mix and Scottish/Irish folk-vibes in parts of the instrumentation. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC November 2020.

Thomas Bergersen is a multi-talented composer and artist - and will without doubt go on to compose more epic and wonderful music in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #141 November 2020, called “Mountain Call”, is an Epic Cinematic piece of instrumental music composed by the accomplished Norwegian music composer Thomas Bergersen. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Thomas Bergersen in the FSC for Norway.

Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for November!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Thomas Bergersen - Mountain Call

zPVmVIH.jpg

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

CypriotGirl

Veteran
November 2020

:cy::cy::cy:

Echo Wants Her Voice Back feat. Grendel Babies - Flow

a3308615916_10.jpg

Echo Wants Her Voice Back
or simply Echo (real name: Eleni Skarpari), is a Cypriot born, London based singer-songwriter, often described as folk noir with blues rock influences.

Datura

In FSC#141 Austria :at: is sending

Ina Regen: "Macarena"

1600.jpeg

I hope this doesn't trigger anybody. The song is about the suicide of a friend from her youth. It is sung in austrian dialect.
Here are the heartfelt original lyrics and an english translation
Original:

Du bleibst für immer jung
Und wir werden langsam älter
Und drahn uns nur mehr manchmal nach dir um
Erinnerung
War wie a Wunden die ned heilt
Heut is' a Pflaster auf der Zeit

Dr. Sommer Team, Backstreet Boys in Wien
Zwa oite Spanier auf MTV
A paar oite Mopeds, was kost die Wöd?'
I siag die Fotos und du föhst

Refrain:
Wenn wir uns wiedersehn
Tanz ma alle Macarena
Und wir lachen bis die Tränen
Vertrickert und vergebm san
Nie mehr wieder stumm
Sitz di her und i erzähl da
Über alles was no scheen war
Nach dein'm großen Sprung
Und i frag di ned warum

Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh
Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh
Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh

Wir waren wie Dawson's Creek
Im Kroas am Boden liegn
Mit Wödschmerz, Liebeskummer und betrunken
Von am halbm Bier
Was waren die scheenen Worte wert
Wann i deine Wichtigsten ned hör

Wie tadats ihr gehen?
Des Ende söber wählen?
I tadat fliagn wolln, amoi im Lebm
Du hast da dein letzten Wunsch erfüllt
Stü

Wenn wir uns wiedersehn
Tanz ma alle Macarena
Und wir lachen bis die Tränen
Vertrickert und vergebm san
Nie mehr wieder stumm
Sitz di her und i erzähl da
Über alles was no scheen war
Nach dein'm großen Sprung
Und i frag di ned warum

Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh
Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh
Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh
Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh
Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh
Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh

Du bleibst für immer jung
Und a die schönsten Worte auf am Stoan
Halten net fest wie's wirklich war
English:

You’ll stay forever young
And we are slowly getting older
And just sometimes we still turn to you
Memory
Was like a wound that doesn't heal
Today it’s a plaster on time

Dr. Sommer team, Backstreet Boys in Vienna
Two old Spaniards on MTV
A couple of old mopeds, what is the cost of the World?
I see the photos and you’re missed

Chorus:
When we meet again
We’ll all dance Macarena
And we laugh til the tears
Are dried and forgiven
Never again mute
Sit here and I'll tell you
About everything that was beautiful
After your big jump
And I don't ask why

Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh
Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh
Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh

We were like Dawson's Creek
Lying in circles on the ground
With world weariness, lovesickness and drunk
From half a beer
What were the beautiful words worth
When I don't hear your most important ones

How would you be leaving?
choose the end by yourself?
I would like to fly, once in my life
You fulfilled your last wish there
Silent

When we meet again
We’ll all dance Macarena
And we laugh til the tears
Are dried and forgiven
Never again mute
Sit here and I'll tell you
About everything that was beautiful
After your big jump
And I don't ask why

Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh
Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh
Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh
Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh
Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh
Oho oho oh, oh-oh-oh

You stay forever young
And the most beautiful words on a stone
Cannot hold how it really was

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#141 - November 2020

:se:SWEDEN :se:

Miss Li

Komplicerad

TYtQ4gu.jpg

PRESENTATION:

After a couple of more serious entries in English, we are switching it up for this edition with the quirky, fun and catchy Pop song Komplicerad (Complicated) performed by former FSC-winner Miss Li. This is the third time we see Miss Li entering the contest, but the first time with a Swedish-language entry. The song, which has become one of the biggest hits in Sweden of 2020, has some similarities stylistically of K-Pop but with a Swedish twist. The entry takes on elements of late 90's/early 00's bubblegum Pop, with an almost animated highly addictive chorus, but also includes elements of modern Swedish vispop, which gives the song a unique flavor. Lyrically, it's filled with sarcasm, sass and self-awareness and basically Miss Li explaining in a humoristic way why she's bad at relationships.

Miss Li is the stage name of now 38-year old singer-songwriter Linda Karlsson who debuted back in 2006 with the single Oh Boy, taken from the singer's 2006- debut album Late Night Heartbroken Blues. In 2007, she was featured on singer-songwriter Lars Winnerbäck's eighth studio album and the single Om du lämnade mig nu (If You Left Me Now), which became the singer's first single to top the Swedish Singles Charts and a song that has become somewhat of a modern Swedish classic. In 2009, Miss Li was entered to the FSC for the first time with the song Dancing the Whole Way Home , taken from the singer's fourth studio album. In the 99th edition of the FSC, back in May 2017, she won the contest with the modern power Pop ballad Aqualung , taken from the singer's eighth and latest album titled A Woman's Guide to Survival.

Miss Li has yet to release her first Swedish-language album, but after taking part in the TV-show Så Mycket Bättre for two editions (2012 and 2019) (a music show where the participants make covers of each other's songs), and especially with the success of the cover Lev nu dö sen (Live Now Die Later) from the 2019 edition (which became her second, and first solo, single to reach the #1 spot on the Swedish Singles Charts) as well as the success with Komplicerad, Miss Li has crossovered to Swedish like many other Swedish acts have done for the past 10 years after starting out initially with English-language materials, although she is still releasing English versions of her Swedish language singles which also includes Complicated.

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

kzmxgirl

:mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx:

FSC NOVEMBER 2020 MEXICO

Artist: Maria Daniela y su Sonido Lasser feat. Bostich & Fussible
Song title: Puerta Dimensional

3568f17f154d0699d3d9544f7007d941.jpg

María Daniela y su Sonido Lasser is a Mexican electronic group. It consists of the electronic guru Emilio Acevedo and the singer María Daniela Azpiazu.

In 2007, Emilio Acevedo, already working in other electronic projects such as Titán, started Sonido Lasser Drakar. Exploring the sounds of dance music, he asked a friend, Maria Daniela, to join the group just for fun. In 2003 they released a cover of Aerolíneas Federales "No me beses en los labios", then created the song "Super Vacaciones" (Super vacations) that was part of the soundtrack of the film "Coapa Heights" by Gibran Asuad.

The duo recorded the song "Miedo", which came from an electrocumbia sampler from Sonido Lasser Drakar, and soon started gaining success in the club scene, both in Mexico and worldwide. They began performing as a duo. They joined the "World Domination Tour" of Nuevos Ricos throughout Europe and United States, and in 2005, they released their first LP "María Daniela y su Sonido Lasser".

maxresdefault.jpg

Ramón Amor Amezcua Sánchez (born November 10, 1962), a.k.a. Bostich is an electronic music composer.

Amezcua is an important figure in electronic music, especially in Mexico, Tijuana, and along the Mexico–United States border regions, but also in the United States and internationally. He has written songs for The Nortec Collective, as well as Nortec Collective presents: Bostich+Fussible. He has earned several Grammy Nominations, the most recent in 2011 for Bulevard 2000 by Nortec Collective Presents Bostich+Fussible under the category of Best Latin Rock/Alternative Album.

Amezcua is considered the Godfather of Nortec by producers and fans alike since Bostich's early Nortec music clearly established the characteristics of his style: an interest in the electronic exploration, fragmentation, and reconstitution of tarola (snare drum) rhythmic patterns and tuba sounds and timbres, and their combinatorial possibilities.[1] His song “Polaris“ marks the genesis of the Nortec style of music with its sequenced burpy tubas and machinegun drum sprays.

María Daniela y su Sonido Lasser like to define their music as Electro Pop for Dance Halls and they hope their sound will invigorate the current Mexican High Energy scene.

HERE IS OUR VIDEO FOR THIS MONTH´S CONTEST, ENJOY THE TUNE AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE ENTRIES!

kopachka

pZ9cZPA.png

Colonia is back to FSC! To be honest, they were not my first pick as I thought it would be nice to send 'Doza' as my first entry of 2021. I had several songs in my mind for November and initially I had confirmed a song by another artist, but for some reason I decided to change my mind and send 'Doza' now. Still cannot figure out why, but it just felt like a good decision. :)

'Doza' is the latest single by one of the most popular and successful Croatian dance groups. Colonia was founded in 1996 and right now it consists of Boris Đurđević (DJ) and Ivana Lovrić (vocalist). Boris mentioned that he composed 'Doza' as his tribute to the 80s and many hits he grew up listening to. He also mentioned that the music video lifts the song to another level. He even used his original music equipment he used when he firstly started producing music back in the late 80s. Ivana said she adores the song because it fits perfectly to the "crazy" (unusual) times we live in nowadays - we all need a slight healthy dose of adrenaline from time to time.

hawadharma

:my:

FSC NOVEMBER 2020
MALAYSIA

ernie.png

Artist: Ernie Zakri
Song: "Gundah" (Sorrow)

About Artist & Song

Ernie Zakri has been in the music industry since she was 12 years old. Started as a child singer, she eventually became champion of the most established singing contest "Star of RTM" in 2009 at the age of 17. Despite her extraordinary vocal quality, her early singles were not successful, and she proceed to pursue a Degree in Music from a local university (UITM).

Her breakthrough only came in 2017, when she became champion of a duet singing TV reality show "DuoStar" with her partner, Syamel. Together, they come up with a hit single "Aku Cinta" which gained mass popularity and they even won the Best Vocal Awards in Anugerah Juara Lagu 2018. This has kickstarted Ernie's comeback in the music industry not only as a singer, but also an established vocal coach and a songwriter. She continues to shine with singles like "Jangan Marah", "Misteri", "Ku Bersuara" and "Gundah".

Her latest single "Gundah" is co-written by Ernie herself and composer Sharon Paul as a tribute to the love story of her grandparents. Her grandmother succumbs to critical illness to her death, while her grandfather is loyally by her side till the end. The title word "Gundah" (Sorrow) is never mentioned in the lyrics, because Ernie wants the listeners to feel the sorrow in the song itself.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - December 2020 - Annie - American Cars

b3eDqKt.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC December 2020, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 7 years (and many years hiatus from music), is the talented and popular Norwegian Electro-pop artist, songwriter and DJ Annie. Here is some more information about her.

Annie, or Anne Lilia Berge Strand as is her real name, is a Norwegian Electro-Pop artist, songwriter and DJ from Bergen, Norway. In 1999, Annie released the single "The Greatest Hit", which became popular in Norwegian and British underground nightclubs. Annie went on to sign a record deal with UK ”679 Recordings” in 2003, releasing her debut album ”Anniemal” in 2004, an innovative and catchy Electro-Pop album (with influences also from disco, Hip Hop, bubblegum pop, 80s-music, Dance-Pop as well as R&B) for which she received widespread critical acclaim and several Norwegian music awards. The album included her popular club-and-radio-hits ”Chewing Gum” and ”Heartbeat”.

In 2005, Annie released a DJ Mix Album as part of !K7’s DJ-Kicks series and then in 2007 she signed a record deal with UK’s Island Records. She started work on the ”Don’t Stop”-album, an album which was preceeded by the single ”I Know UR Girlfriend Hates Me”. The album was delayed several times, however - and Annie finally parted company with Island Records and went on to release the album - including some new tracks - in the autumn of 2009 on an independent record label called Smalltown Supersound. The song “Don’t Stop” from the album subsequently was chosen as the Norwegian entry in FSC January 2010.

At this point Annie took a break from the music scene, focusing on other projects in her life, but she returned to music in April 2013 with two new songs: her club-single “Tube Stops and Lonely Hearts”, as well as her Electro-Pop collaboration with fellow Norwegian DJ Ralph Myerz on the song “Take A Look At The World” which was chosen as the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2013.

Later in 2013 she released an EP called ‘The A&R EP’ which featured another single ‘Back Together’. In 2014 she released a song called ‘Russian Kiss’ and in 2015 another EP was released, called ‘Endless Vacation’. After this Annie took a many year break from music, for the second time in her career, and focused on other projects in her life incl. family life.

In late 2019 and early 2020 she worked on a forthcoming album, her 3rd studio album, which was to be named ‘Dark Hearts’ with a planned release in autumn of 2020. The first single from the album was released in June 2020, the cinematic-style cool and chill Synthwave single ‘American Cars’ which received acclaim and became popular among old and new fans. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC December 2020.

Some more singles were released in early autumn and the album itself came in October 2020 to the joy of her many fans and followers. Annie is without doubt a very talented Electro-pop artist, songwriter and DJ from whom we will hear more in the future.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #142 December 2020, called “American Cars”, is a cool and chill Synthwave song by the talented Norwegian Electro-pop artist, songwriter and DJ Annie. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Annie again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for December!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Annie - American Cars

Lose control
Metallic dreaming
Chrome and gold
White leather seating

Going into the light
Like a flash in the dark
See the tears in our eyes
Full of glittering stars
In American cars

I'll let go of the wheel
And take hold of my heart
So before we crash
Kiss me under the stars
In American cars

Four by four
Take our dreaming
Warmth and cold
Oh, what a feeling (come with me)

Going into the light
Like a flash in the dark
Full of glittering stars
In American cars

I'll let go of the wheel
So before we crash
Kiss me under the stars
In American cars

And we just go on
Traveling in the headlights' direction
When love is getting too complicated
And you don't wanna think about that
Because words can be so overrated

Break free and then never look back.. (no)

Going into the light
Like a flash in the dark
Full of glittering stars
In American cars

I'll let go of the wheel
So before we crash
Kiss me under the stars
In American cars

Going into the light
Like a flash in the dark
Full of glittering stars
In American cars

I'll let go of the wheel
So before we crash
Kiss me under the stars
In American cars

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

hawadharma

AmbitiousMildAlabamamapturtle-size_restricted.gif

FSC DECEMBER 2020
MALAYSIA

xmissing.jpg

Artist: Dayang Nurfaizah, Faizal Tahir, Yonnyboii & Tuju
Song: "X Missing U"

About Artist & Song

This song "X Missing U" is a once-in-a-lifetime collaboration between four big artistes from of various backgrounds.
Dayang Nurfaizah - one of Malaysia's best powerhouse songstress, Faizal Tahir - successful music producer and rockstar, Tuju - one of the most notable member of hip hop group K-Clique, and Yonnyboii - a budding singer songwriter who shot to fame in 2020.

Fun Fact:
This song was originally composed by Faizal Tahir as a solo single for Dayang Nurfaizah.
However, Dayang Nurfaizah requested that Faizal Tahir become her duet partner as it has always been her dream.
Eventually, Faizal Tahir also invited Tuju and Yonnyboii to co-write and sing the rapping part.

Lyrics (English translation)

Last edited:
Top Bottom