Contact us

FSC Promotions Thread

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - June 2020 - Kygo ft. Sasha Sloan - I’ll Wait

KN5hJUm.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC June 2020, and returning to the FSC for Norway after more than 2 years, is the famous Norwegian EDM-producer, DJ and artist Kygo, this time with Sasha Sloan as featuring artist. Here is some more information about them.

Kyrre Gørvell-Dahll (born on 11th September 1991), with the stage name Kygo, is a hugely popular and talented Norwegian Electronic Dance Music (EDM) -Producer, DJ and artist. He has accumulated over 200 million views of his music on Soundcloud and YouTube, very impressive numbers indeed.

In December 2014 he released his first single, the very popular and internationally successful EDM-single "Firestone" which featured vocals by Conrad (Conrad Sewell). This was the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2015. In February/March 2015 he released a second single, titled "Stole the Show" (ft. Parson James) which also gained great popularity. More singles followed later that year. Kygo continued work on his debut-album to be released in spring 2016. Preceeding the album in 2016 were the singles “Fragile” (ft. Labrinth), “I’m In Love” (ft. James Vincent McMorrow), and “Raging” (ft. Kodaline). “Raging” was the Norwegian entry in FSC September 2016.

In May 2016 Kygo finally released his CD-album called “Cloud Nine” which included all his new singles as well as a host of other songs. Kygo promoted his new album on the world stage in the summer of 2016 in several events and concerts. In February 2017 he released a new single called “It Ain’t Me” with the famous singer Selena Gomez on vocals. It was a catchy piece of EDM / Tropical House in his familiar music style, and it became a huge hit worldwide reaching the top 5 in many countries. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC August 2017.

In November 2017 Kygo’s new album “Kids in Love” was finally released and it included 8 new songs in the EDM / Pop / Tropical House genre, including some variety, featuring different artists on vocals. One of these great songs was the EDM-melody “Stranger Things” featuring OneRepublic on vocals which was the Norwegian entry in FSC February 2018.

In 2018 and 2019 Kygo kept releasing songs and one of the most popular was his cover version of Whitney Houston’s song “Higher Love”. It was the lead single from his forthcoming new album. In 2020 more singles followed including “Like It Is” ft. Zara Larsson and Tyga. Another of his new singles, released in April 2020, which quickly became a fan-favourite, was the melodic EDM/Tropical House song “I’ll Wait’ ft. Sasha Sloan on vocals. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC June 2020.

His new album “Golden Hour” was finally released at the end of May 2020 and included most of his singles from the past few years.

Kygo continues producing popular EDM/Tropical House music to the enjoyment of all his fans and followers all over the world and there is little doubt that we will hear more from this talented Norwegian EDM Producer, DJ and artist in the years to come.

Alexandra Artourovna Yatchenko, known professionally as Sasha Sloan, is an American singer-songwriter of Russian descent based in Los Angeles, California, USA. She began her career in 2015 when she was featured in the song "Phoenix" by Kaskade, as well as being credited for songwriting. She continued her career by writing for artists including Idina Menzel, Maggie Lindemann and Camila Cabello. In 2017, Sasha Sloan was featured in the song "This Town" by Kygo, which she also cowrote. Her debut EP, ‘Sad Girl’, was released by RCA in April 2018. Her second EP, ‘Loser’, was released by RCA in November 2018. On the same day, she announced her first headlining tour to support the album. Her single "Older" from the album was performed on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert in February 2019. Sasha Sloan released her third EP ‘Self-Portrait’ in October 2019. And then in April 2020 she featured with vocals on Kygo’s new song “I’ll Wait” which she also cowrote. She is without doubt a talented singer and songwriter from whom we will hear more in the coming years.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #136 June 2020, “I’ll Wait” is another melodic EDM/Tropical House-song with groovy summer-vibes by Norwegian EDM Producer, DJ and artist Kygo, this time featuring Sasha Sloan on vocals. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Kygo again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for June!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Kygo ft. Sasha Sloan - I’ll Wait

I'll never forget the songs we used to play
And when I put them on
The feeling never fades, out my body
I hope you're thinking of me

There won't be a night, there won't be a place
Where you don't cross my mind
Where I don't see your face, in somebody
I hope you're thinking of me

People say we're foolish, people say we're dumb
People say we're caught up in temporary love
We don't know what we're doing, they say we're too young
But they don't know a thing about us

I'll wait forever, that's what we said
16th of September lying in my bed
I'll wait forever, it's never too late
Couple thousand miles is just a little space

I'll wait

I'll wait

There won't be an end, can't forget the start
When you're far away it's like we're not apart
I'd burn my money
Just to hear you say you love me, again

People say we're foolish, people say we're dumb
People say we're caught up in temporary love
We don't know what we're doing, they say we're too young
But they don't know a thing about us

I'll wait forever, that's what we said

I'll wait

I'll wait

I'll wait

Forever, that's what we said

I'll wait

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

kzmxgirl

:mx: FSC Mexico - June 2020 - Amandititita & Sandra Echeverría - De Mejores Corazones Me Han Corrido :mx:

tvn-04032020134425.jpg

For Mexico´s return to the contest we decided to try our luck with one of the most original artists in our country: Amandititita, a brave singer and songwriter who isn´t afraid of stereotypes, who always risks with new music proposals, and who can surprise you with her collaborations. At first sight, no one knew what to expect in the beginning when pairing with Sandra Echeverria (a famous actress in Mexico and for Telemundo productions in the USA) and even people weren´t serious that Sandra sings well. But Sandra has proven wrong the majority since besides of being a good actress, she has a nice voice! This proves her first time incursion in a more Latin urban beat since her previous songs were mostly ballads.

Amandititita (Amanda Lalena Escalante Pimentel) is a Mexican cumbia singer and songwriter. She is the daughter of Rodrigo Gonzalez.She came to public attention in 2007 as a performer of what she called 'AnarCumbia', a style said to be entirely urban and a blend of rock, reggae, rap, and traditional Mexican cumbia. She was signed by Sony-BMG and released her first album, La Reina de Anarcumbia, early in 2008. The single, La Muy Muy, from this album, charted on Billboard.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sandra Echeverría is not newcomer to the FSC scene, she participated back in 2015 with the song "La fuerza del destino" on a duet with the famous Puerto Rican singer Marc Anthony. They reached one of the best positions ever for Mexico in the contest (4th place). Even if not reaching again a top 10 position this time, Sandra wanted to return back to the contest experimenting a new music style and at the same time, help Amandititita to start launching an international career showing their originality, quirkiness, having fun on the stage, and the most important part, bringing catchy Latin vibes to the audience!

sandra-echeverria-home.jpg

THE SONG!

Lyrics

Ding, dong, toc, toc, toc
Estoy en la puerta, vuelvo a tocar
Ding, dong, toc, toc, toc
Y no hay respuesta, me empiezo a preocupar
Dos llamadas perdidas
Me bastaron pa' saber que estoy afuera de tu vida
Fue claro y grosero
Me sacaste como si yo fuera un basurero, uf, vaya qué día
Me voy por donde vine, ya estoy doblando la esquina
Chale, ya ni modo (oh, oh)
Tampoco es pa' llorar

De mejores corazones me han corrido (¡uh!)
De mejores corazones me han corrido (¡hey!)
Soy la reina en los finales, porque de todos me rio
De mejores corazones me han corrido (ah-ah-ay)
De mejores corazones me han corrido
Soy la reina en los finales porque de todos me rio

No sé en qué estaba pensando
Cuando en ti me estaba fijando
Sé lo que yo valgo, yo soy una reina
Eres lo que había, yo estaba aburrida
Y no soy monedita de oro
Pero tú no eres un tesoro (no, no, no)
Me dijiste versos, poemas perfectos
Y todos plagiados, eres un tarado
Tú ya verás lo que estás perdiendo
Yo ya me voy, no me está doliendo
Eras mi gusto culposo (qué oso)
No pa' que fueras mi esposo

De mejores corazones me han corrido (¿y qué?)
De mejores corazones me han corrido (¿y qué?, ¿qué?, ¿qué?)

Me voy bien lejos, y estás pendejo
Si crees que voy a llorar (¡uy!)
Si crees que voy a rogar, no, no, no, no
No, no, no, no

Échale, mi Sandra
Tenemos la puerta abierta del mundo

De mejores corazones me han corrido (¿y qué?)
De mejores corazones me han corrido (¿y qué?, ¿qué?, ¿qué?)
De mejores corazones me han corrido (¡uoh!)
Soy la reina en los finales porque de todos me rio

Y me vale
Y me rio (Amanditita)
Que sufran ellos, ¿nosotras qué?​

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#136 - June 2020

:se:SWEDEN :se:

Anna Bergendahl
Home

LcP1E8P.jpg

PRESENTATION:

From one former Swedish Idol participant and Melodifestivalen winner to another, this month's entrant is 28-year old Anna Bergendahl with the catchy, yet mature, warm, yet with a touch of Scandinavian melancholy, and melodic timeless mid-tempo Pop song Home which combined with Anna's unique, slightly Tracy Chapman-like, vocals and a bit of a singer-songwriter campfire mood gives the song some extra flavor setting it apart from other Pop songs out there.

Anna started her career in music with entering the 2008 edition of the TV talent-reality show Swedish Idol , where she eventually ended up fifth. Two years later she would debut her first single This is My Life in that year's edition of the Swedish national selection to Eurovision Song Contest ; Melodifestivalen, which she also won and and thus got the ticket to represent Sweden in the international contest. The single, as well as her following debut album titled Yours Sincerely, both topped the official singles chart and album chart in Sweden respectively. In Eurovision, the song would eventually end up 9th in the televoting results of her semifinal, however due to juries "only" ranking the entry at 11th, she just lost out qualifying to the final by one position, becoming the only Swedish entrant so far not to have qualified to a grand final of the contest.

Anna would enroll to studies to become a medical doctor parallel to continue doing music on the side, and eventually in 2019 she would be back in Melodifestivalen yet again with the entry Ashes to Ashes , which ended 10th in the grand final. Earlier this year, she tried her luck a third time to represent Sweden once again at Eurovision, entering the song Kingdom Come in this year's edition of Melodifestivalen, where she ended up 3rd in the final, this also gave her her second top. 10 charting single in Sweden.
Who knows, maybe she will be luckier representing Sweden in this edition of the FSC?

LYRICS:

Last edited:

hawadharma

:my:

FSC JUNE 2020
Malaysia

adakah-engkau-menunggu.jpg

Artist: Naim Daniel feat Tuju
Song: "Adakah Engkau Menungguku" (Are You Waiting for Me)

Lyrics (With English Translation):

Stole

FSC JUNE 2020

SERBIA

Tanja Savić & Corona

"Laga Laga" (Lie Lie)

dLg4MmL.jpg

Tanja Savić (born 20. March 1985) is a Serbian pop-folk singer. Born and raised in the village of Radinac near Smederevo to a family of Romani descent, she gained fame as the runner-up in the televised singing competition Zvezde Granda in 2004. She participated at Beovizija 2007 with song "Simpatija" featuring Bane Moićević.

Predgrag Miljkovic, better known by his stage name Corona (born 23. February 1988), is a Serbian rapper.
Song "Laga laga" (Lie Lie) is one of the biggest summer hits of 2019. in Serbia.

Petar

:rs: FSC JULY 2020 - Serbia :rs:
Iva Mišović LORENS

Iva Mišović, or simply, LORENS, is a new name on the Serbian music scene. She's only 22 and she's a daughter of model and journalist Irena Mišović. She chose LORENS as her stage name because when she was younger she would play The Sims with her sister and the name of the imaginary family they played with was Lorens. "I want this imaginary family to live on the world music stage", said Iva. She is often compared with Banks, Lorde and Billie Eilish. Iva also has a wife, Katarina, that she married abroad.

BTS-3.jpg

"Just Because", the Serbian FSC entry, is a song about highs and lows in a relationship, about not letting go a person from your life and about trust. It is about weaknesses and strenght and fears and love in the same time. Iva describes the song as a "rollercoaster of emotions". The video was shot on the highest point of Petrova Gora mountain in :hr: Croatia.

1eSayT2.gif

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - July 2020 - Gåte - Huldra

JQpAV1b.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC July 2020, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 15 months, is the accomplished Norwegian Folk-rock band Gåte. Here is some more information about them.

Gåte (the word means ‘riddle’ in English) is a well known Norwegian Folk-rock band from Trøndelag (region around Trondheim), Norway. The band came into being in 1999/2000 formed by Sveinung Sundli (violin, keyboards) together with his little sister Gunnhild Sundli (vocals), Gjermund Landrø (bass, backing vocals), Martin Langlie (drums) and Magnus R Børmark (guitar, keyboards). They played what came to be termed Progressive Folk-rock with some elements from metal and electronica and, above all, Norwegian Folk-music.

The band released their first EP ("Gåte") in 2000, and rapidly gained some popularity nationally and abroad. A second EP, also self-titled, was released in 2002. Their first album, "Jygri", released the same year proved to be their commercial breakthrough both in Norway and abroad. They also gained a lot of media attention, particularly the wonderful distinctive voice of Gunnhild Sundli caught the interest of music journalists. After the release of another EP, "Statt Opp (Maggeduliadei)" in 2003 and their second album, "Iselilja" in 2004, the band announced that they were taking a break, saying that Gunnhild wanted to devote time to other pursuits.

During this first part of their successful career they toured extensively and played almost every popular music festival in Norway, as well as the major international festival Roskilde festival in Denmark. The band reunited for one concert some years later in 2009 (now with a new drummer, Kenneth Kapstad), but then decided to follow this up with a mini-tour of Norway consisting of five concerts in 2010. The band now took another long break and many (both fans and critics) thought/feared the band had disbanded for good.

In 2016, however, Sveinung Sundli, the ‘nexus’ behind the band, began thinking of a comeback and finally persuaded his sister Gunnhild to return, together with several (new) band members. They slowly began writing new melodies for Gåte (the first new songs for 12 years) and the first of these was released in October 2017 as a single from a forthcoming EP, the song “Stolt Solvår”. A great Norwegian Folk-rock melody in their signature style, this was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2018. Later in October 2017 Gåte released a second single from their forthcoming EP, “Rideboll og Gullborg”, and then in November 2017 the EP itself called “Attersyn” was released, to great critical acclaim, consisting of four songs incl. the two singles.

A new anticipated full album called “Svevn” was finally released in November 2018, to mostly critical acclaim, which included 10 new songs including a handful new singles. The first single from the album, released shortly before the album itself, was the song “Kom No Disjka”. It was followed by two other singles. One of the other great songs on the album, however, was the melodic and powerful Folk-rock song “Fanitullen”. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2019.

In the autumn of 2019 Gåte began writing new songs for a forthcoming late 2020 album, and the first single from this new album-project was the melodic wild Folk-rock song “Huldra”, which centers around this Norwegian mythological seductive forest creature (a ‘wood nymph’), released in October 2019. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC July 2020.

Gåte are an important part of Norwegian Folk music tradition and we will without doubt hear more from this talented and vibrant Norwegian Folk-rock band in the future.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #137 July 2020, called “Huldra”, is a melodic wild Folk-rock song written and performed in Nynorsk (New Norwegian) by the famous Norwegian Folk-rock band Gåte. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Gåte again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in Nynorsk (New Norwegian) with a translation into English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for July!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Gåte - Huldra

Eg er kjær-leik / I am love
Den du trår etter / The one you seek
Eg er nær-leik / I am closeness
Den du går etter / The one you follow

Eg er elsk-hug / I am desire
Den som styrer deg / The one who controls you
Eg er elsk-dug / I am desirable
Den som yrer deg / The one who entices you

Eg er til-sviv / I am an unstoppable force
Ei som anar deg / One who knows you
Eg er vill-viv / I am wildness
Ei som manar deg / One who compels you

Synene som mange tvilar på, men sume trur / Visions that many doubt, but some believe
Hildringsette inni himmelhugen bur / Mirages that take you into heaven beyond
Og hjartene gjer så sjølvrådd, sin kur / And the hearts act of their own volition
Styrt av sin natur / Controlled by their nature

Eg er den som dukkar opp i skumring og i draumesinn / I appear at dusk and in dreams
Syner seg så brått og huldrar hugar inn / Appear suddenly, and the wood nymphs assail
Og aldri hjartefred den drøymaren finn / And the dreamer never gets peace of heart
Som eg slik vildrevinn / Such a whirlwind am I

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

kzmxgirl

:mx::mx: FSC JULY 2020 :mx::mx:

ampersan_web1.png

Ampersan is one of the most original and promising bands of the new generation of Mexican musicians. Join Ampersan in a sonic journey through the landscapes of Mexico and Latin America. Their music brings together the feelings of peasant songs, son, and psychedelica with rock, rap, and electronica.

Featuring:

Zindu Cano – jarana, acoustic guitar, vocals
Kevin García – punteador, electric guitar, vocals

Since its inception in 2007, Ampersan has rooted their sound in the traditional acoustic music of Mexico. The duo’s compositions have been used for dance performances, puppet theatre, documentaries, and short films. With two albums and a DVD, Ampersan has performed to great acclaim throughout Mexico, Spain, Germany, Uruguay, Argentina, Guatemala, and the U.S.

FOR THIS EDITION, THE NAHUATL LANGUAGE MAKES ITS DEBUT AT THE FSC, SADLY OUR LANGUAGES YEAR BY YEAR ARE STARTING TO HAVE LESS SPEAKERS, AND THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO KEEP OUR LANGUAGES AND TRADITIONS ALIVE AND ENCOURAGE THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS TO ALSO LISTEN SONGS IN OUR BEAUTIFUL LANGUAGES AND BE ABLE TO SPEAK BOTH SPANISH PLUS AN INDIGENOUS LANGUAGE OF THEIR REGION OF ORIGIN. THAT´S WHY THIS SONG IS VERY MEMORABLE SINCE THE FIRST LISTENING! IT TAKES YOU ON A JOURNEY OF PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE AND IT IS A CELEBRATION OF CULTURE!

TONATI MEANS SUN, IN NAHUATL LANGUAGE IT COMES FROM THE WORD TONATIUH. THE SUN WAS A SACRED ELEMENT OF OUR ANCESTORS. HERE IS SOME BRIEF INFO ABOUT THE LANGUAGE SANG AT THE SONG´S CHORUS:

"Nahuatl is a language or group of languages of the Uto-Aztecan language family. Varieties of Nahuatl are spoken by about 1.7 million Nahua peoples, most of whom live in central Mexico. Nahuatl has been spoken in central Mexico since at least the seventh century CE. It was the language of the Aztec/Mexica/Tlaxcalans, who dominated what is now central Mexico during the Late Postclassic period of Mesoamerican history. when Spanish colonists and missionaries introduced the Latin alphabet, Nahuatl also became a literary language. Many chronicles, grammars, works of poetry, administrative documents, and codices were written in it during the 16th and 17th centuries. This early literary language based on the Tenochtitlan variety has been labeled Classical Nahuatl. It is among the most studied and best-documented languages of the Americas. Today, Nahuatl languages are spoken in scattered communities, mostly in rural areas throughout central Mexico and along the coastline. There are considerable differences among varieties, and some are not mutually intelligible. Huasteca Nahuatl, with over one million speakers, is the most-spoken variety. All varieties have been subject to varying degrees of influence from Spanish."​

Nahuatl.png

ENJOY THE TUNE! AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTRIES!

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#137 - July 2020

Dotter

Backfire

ux8qLtF.jpg

PRESENTATION:

So, the northern hemisphere is in the midst of the summer season, and while summer this year won't be as we're used to due to the ongoing pandemic, let us all try to dream us away from that for a moment with a proper summer-vibey bop. This edition's entry for Sweden is the catchy, slightly dancehall-inspired, Pop track Backfire performed by Dotter , a song that fits perfect into the summer season.

Now, just like previous editions, Sweden is sending an artist that got her breakthrough taking part in the Swedish selection for the Eurovision Song Contest; Melodifestivalen. Dotter (meaning "Daughter" in Swedish) is the stage name of 33-year old Johanna Maria Jansson, who released her debut single My Flower back in 2014, which was later on followed by singles like Dive [2015] and Evolution [2017].

In 2017, Dotter was one of the co-writers of the Melodifestivalen entry A Million Years which was performed by singer Mariette and ended up fourth in the final. The year after, Dotter would debut in the selection as an act herself with the entry Cry , which unfortunately wouldn't make it to the final but at least would introduce Dotter to a larger audience. In 2019, Dotter featured on former Eurovision winner Måns Zelmerlöw's single Walk With Me, Måns who just recently saw representing Sweden in the FSC.

Dotter got her main breakthrough earlier this year however when she entered Melodifestivalen for a second time as a main act with the entry Bulletproof , a song that nearly won the whole selection, ending up as a runner-up in the final with just 1 point difference to the winner, beating the entry of former Eurovision entrant and Melodifestivalen winner Anna Bergendahl who ended up as a runner-up in the previous FSC edition.

LYRICS:

honzak11

:cz: :cz: CZECH REPUBLIC :cz: :cz:

Entry for FSC #137: Václav Noid Bárta feat Eva Burešová - Noc

About Václav Noid Bárta:
  • Václav Noid Bárta, is a Czech singer, songwriter, and actor.
  • His father is a writer and director, and his mother a singer.
  • At age 17, he formed the Czech nu-metal group Dolores Clan and later on his musical band Noid Crew. He also appeared in local theatre and musical productions with acting and/or singing roles notably in Hamlet, Excalibur, Aida, Jesus Christ Superstar
  • He represented the Czech Republic in the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 along with Marta Jandová with the song "Hope Never Dies"
About Eva Burešová:
  • Eva Burešová is a Czech actress and singer.
  • She started learning opera singing from the age of 8.
  • In 2011, she participated in the Czech version of the global Talent show. In the casting stage, she performed the song Listen by Beyoncé and she eventually proceeded up until the final round of the TV show.
  • In 2018, she participated in the Czech version of the show Your Face Sounds Familiar, where she finished 2nd. One of her most memorable performances in this show was her acting as Jennifer Hudson with "One Night Only".
  • In 2018, she also competed in the national round of the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 with the song Fly and finished 3rd.

Song “Noc” (FSC #137 entry)
The song Noc is the result of the collaboration between Eva and Vaclav. It is the first song that was revealed to be part of Vaclav's upcoming album called "Zem", targeted for release this year (2020).

Lyrics (unofficial Czech & English lyrics) [Lyrics]:

hawadharma

FSC JULY 2020
MALAYSIA

avatars-000070907899-jdgwxi-t500x500.jpg

Artist: Azlan & The Typewriter
Song: "Jangan Khianati Aku" ("Don't Betray Me")

Lyrics (With English Translation):

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - August 2020 - The Ella Sisters - Cars

DJnId4D.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC August 2020, making their debut in FSC for Norway, are the talented Norwegian twins The Ella Sisters. Here is some more information about them.

They are Maren and Charlotte Wallevik Hansen, two Norwegian twins and sisters with flame-red hair from Kristiansand on the southern coast of Norway. They have been singing for a while and doing some local gigs, but their first proper debut-single was the song “Cars” which they released in May 2020.

This was a catchy and melodic piece of Power-pop, with energy and harmonies and perhaps also some cool 90s vibes, and it was accompanied by a fresh energetic music video. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC August 2020.

The song is lifted from the duo’s forthcoming debut EP ‘Queens’ due out on 28th August this year.

The Ella Sisters have said in interviews about “Cars” that ”.. this song describes someone who leaves you to pursue happiness elsewhere, without thinking of the possible regrets for the loss.”

On the upcoming EP, from which they recently also released a second single, the Norwegian twins stated: “This EP is representing the feelings that made us want to start a pop band. It was written through experiences we wanted to talk about, with some subjects that we could not let go of: sisterhood, empowerment, friendship, love, underestimation, and self-worth. It was after we had written the songs, that we realized it is all about undressing any behaviour that is no good for you. It is about following your heart. And it is about real friendship. How important it is to have each others back.”

The single has been playlisted on Norwegian radio and has received good reviews from several music review sites on the internet also elsewhere in Europe.

The sisters will promote their new EP-album later this year. We will for sure hear more about this talented Norwegian sister pop-duo in the future.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #138 August 2020, called “Cars”, is a catchy and melodic Power-pop style song co-written and performed strongly and energetically by The Ella Sisters. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter The Ella Sisters in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics for the song in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for August!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

The Ella Sisters - Cars

I remember vividly the silhouette
Talking about leaving me with no regrets
And you did, and you did

I remember asking where you’re headed to
And you said that a girl like me won’t do
‘Cause I feel, everything

You remember me when the cars run by
You could need somebody by your side
You’re driving in the fast lane all alone
You’re driving in the fast lanes, dangerous

And you’ll see me when the cars run by
You can meet somebody by your side

We’re just like cars (like cars), driving too fast (too fast)
But you take it too far (too far), we’re just like cars

I remember asking daddy if you could stay
Honey, it’s ok not to be ok, all the time (all the time)
You’re figthing like a knight in an armoured suit

But you’re running away when you’re close to the truth
You’re just right, you’re just right

I wonder how you got so cold, are you blurring your sight
Are you losing your senses now
I wonder how you think about the things that made you
Cut me out somehow

I’m moving on, I’m moving on
I don’t really want you to come along

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#138 - August 2020

Hemliga Klubben

Vi har inte mycket kvar

yKzRwKE.jpg

PRESENTATION:

After some editions with more "mainstream" type of Pop entries in English for Sweden, it's time again for a Swedish language indie-Pop entry, this time around with the up-and-coming indie-Pop group Hemliga Klubben (The Secret Club).

The group started out as a four-piece back in 2018, and debuted in early 2019, with founding members Adéle Cechal, Mattias Jonsson, Gustav Gällhagen and Edvin Linderoth, with Linderoth eventually departing from the group in late 2019. Examples of singles previously released by the group are Dina föräldrar (Your Parents) and Gå rå (Leave Then).

This edition's entry Vi har inte mycket kvar (We Don't Have Much Left) is taken from the band's debut EP titled Vem bryr sig om Hemliga Klubben? (Who Cares About the Secret Club?) released in October 2019. The song is a catchy indie-Pop song that tells a story of a relationship that is on the brink of a break-up due to the couple's indifference to each other and different priorities and it is also composed in a clever way to match the point of the story with the song sonically progressing throughout and Cechal's singing becoming more intense as the song goes on, making the listener feel that the relationship sung about is coming to an end, not only through the lyrics, but also from the song itself as it progress.

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

kzmxgirl

:mx: :mx: :mx: FSC MEXICO AUGUST 2020 :mx: :mx: :mx: :mx: :mx:

After sending catchy cumbia tunes with Amandititita and Sandra Echeverría, delighting ourselves with the beautiful folk-experimental melody of Ampersan last month sang in Spanish and Nahuatl, now we change of pace and present to the audience something retro, with a touch of synth-pop and a colorful and modern video production, something you can play over the radio and transporting you to other world. Moenia are true professionals and they will represent our country on the highest level investing on one of the most elaborated performances in the history of Mexico at the FSC. It´s such an honor for our country to be represented by a prestigious band with 24 years of history!

moenia.jpg

Mœnia is a Mexican electronica/synthpop/ambient group. Popular within the Latin club scene while simultaneously pioneering a darker, more experimental, more poetic side of Spanish-language electronica, Mœnia has had three top-20 hits. Along with Aleks Syntek, Mœnia is often considered one of the first successful experimental Mexican music composers and performers, finding commercial viability in a market normally dominated by Latin ballad crooners, teenage vocal groups and musical styles with more mass appeal like cumbia, reggaeton and ranchera. Mœnia is also popular in other parts of Latin America, including the Argentinian and Chilean music markets, where they have also charted. Some of their most recognized singles include "Estabas Ahí," "No Dices Más" and "Manto Estelar".

LYRICS

He oído lo que dicen de mí
No lo voy a negar
Pero sí a tí te asusta algo así
Entonces vete ya
Si no
¿Por qué quedarnos esperando?
Si yo
Prefiero manejar
A dónde me lleve el viento
Yo me sentiré contento
La carretera nos promete continuar
Me puedes acompañar
Por el dinero no hay que pensar
Pues, la carretera nos promete continuar
Continuar
Aquí es donde nada creció
Sueños, ya no hay
Aquí la vida no te da opción
Serás sólo uno más
Y yo
No quiero quedarme esperando
Si yo
Prefiero manejar
A donde me lleve el viento
Yo me sentiré contento
La carretera nos promete continuar
Me puedes acompañar
Por el dinero no hay que pensar
Pues, la carretera nos promete continuar
Continuar
(Summer, summer, summer drive)
Summer drive
(Summer, summer, summer drive)
Summer drive

The official video

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTRIES!

honzak11

:cz: :cz: CZECH REPUBLIC :cz: :cz:

Entry for FSC #138: CANN - Vzlítnout (Take-off)

About CANN:
  • Jan Ricar, performing under his stage name CANN, is a Czech singer and TV presenter at the Czech music TV 'Ocko'.
  • He started singing at school, when he started his first band called Memphis (https://www.youtube.com/c/kapelamemphis/featured).
  • At the moment, he performs as a solo singer.

Song “Vzlítnout (English: Take-off)” (FSC #138 entry)
OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO DESCRIPTION: "I've never written a description for a clip like this before. I'm still starting again and looking for a way to go. This clip is a piece of my life that I have kept to myself until now. I will try to explain step by step. I have had freckles on my body and face since I was little. At home they told me it was like "sky and stars." But I was bullied for this at school. As we went swimming, a boy laughed at me in front of the locker room if I didn't want a handkerchief to wash the stains off. I pretended to be fine and laughed too. But the next time I changed my cloth, only once everyone was gone. I didn't want to experience it again. In the summer, I wore long sleeves to hide my hands. I stopped going to the swimming pool, pulling the curtains at home. In high school, no one saw me in a short-sleeved T-shirt. I tried to smear it with lemon juice, which lightens the skin, but the freckles got even more visible. Eventually I started plucking the skin where I had the darkest freckles. There were scars left, but it helped. Gradually, it affected every part of my life. I didn't look people in the eye, I didn't go out in the summer, I just wore black.

Long story short. There was no day when I wouldn't fall asleep and beg for it to disappear one day. It will sound stupid, but someone heard me in this. I met a man who was able to gradually change my view of myself. The freckles remained, but they began to disappear in my head. I lost many years because of "nothing." But when you're in it, you see everything differently. I'd love for you to help me send this thing to other people and share it. If it saves someone at least a few wasted years, I'll be happy!"

Lyrics (unofficial Czech & English lyrics) [Lyrics]:

hawadharma

FSC AUGUST 2020
MALAYSIA

Artist: Spuds feat. Aina Abdul
Song: "Ghost"

Lyrics:

It's funny how we're still floating on a sinking boat
But better ride or rather go die
Think I'll lose, lose myself
I'm ruined baby

But you, you don't treat your love like this
You, I know you'll be left in pain
You gotta stop, it drives me insane
Stop all the talk I'll do the same
You can walk that walk, stuck in this maze
This mess that you made
Stuck in a haze, neither one will stay
Little bit too late, fuck what you say
Fuck what you say

I gave you my body
Which I give to nobody
Cause you were somebody
And you don't appreciate

It's silly how we keep digging through our own graves
Dig deep till I am left with nothing
Baby did you gain anything
Coming back again

But you, you don't treat your love like this
You, I know you'll be left in pain
You gotta stop, it drives me insane
Stop all the talk I'll do the same
You can walk that walk, stuck in this maze
This mess that you made
Stuck in a haze, neither one will stay
Little bit too late, fuck what you say
Fuck what you say

I gave you my body
Which I give to nobody
Cause you were somebody
And you don't appreciate

Ghost
Ghost
Ghost
A-a-a-a-uo-uo A-a-a-a-uo-uo​

kopachka

xRZ9pwn.png

Marko Tolja (born in Rijeka in 1984) is a Croatian pop, swing and jazz singer. In the early beginnings he tried singing in klapa (think of it as what Klapa s mora in ESC 2013 tried to be), and after meeting a musical producer in 2006 he started working on his solo career. In 2008 he received a Porin musical award for the best new artist, after which he also worked on his television performance career. Up until now he has recorded several albums and he received more awards for his performances, and one of them (Porin award for the best male vocal performance) was for the current Croatian FSC entry "Još jedan dan" ("One More Day"). It is a melancholic pop song about loneliness, for which he was inspired by the experience of his close friend. The video was shot in the abandoned villages on the island of Hvar. He mentioned that the scenery of the uninhabited locations was a great fit to the atmosphere of the song and its message.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - September 2020 - Maria Mena - Not OK

sxTsGA3.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC September 2020, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 6 years (and many years hiatus from music), is the very talented Norwegian singer-songwriter Maria Mena. Here is some more information about her.

Maria Viktoria Mena (born in 1986), artist name Maria Mena, is a talented and very popular Norwegian songwriter and pop artist. She was born into an artistic family, her mother, a playwright and her father, a drummer. Both Maria and her brother, Tony, are named after characters from Leonard Bernstein's ’West Side Story’. Her mother is Norwegian and her father is Nicaraguan (Afro-Nicaraguan).

Her father played in several bands in Oslo, Norway which influenced Maria to write and record her own music. When she was 9 years old her parents divorced and she went through a very tough time afterwards. When she was 13 years old she moved to live with her father. She sang and wrote lyrics as a form of ’personal therapy’. "My Lullaby", a song from her diary, expresses her pain from her parents' divorce. She made her father help her make a demo of the song which subsequently, with his help, led to her being signed by Sony Music.

In 2002 she released her debut-album called “Another Phase”. The aforementioned song "My Lullaby" was released as the 2nd single from the album (the 1st single was the song “Free”) and the song reached nr 5 on the Norwegian Singles Chart as well as gaining much radio-play. A successful musical career had begun.

A second album, “Mellow”, came in 2004. Her next major project was the 20058-album “Cause and Effect”. The 1st single from the album was the song “Belly Up” which became very popular in Norway and elsewhere. The 2nd single was the song “All This Time”, another very popular hit, which subsequently represented Norway in FSC April 2009. For this album she received the Spellemannspris (Norwegian Grammy) for Best Female Artist.

Maria Mena: Album Discography

2002 Another Phase
2004 Mellow
2004 White Turns Blue (USA compilation release)
2005 Apparently Unaffected
2008 Cause and Effect
2011 Viktoria (2011)
2013 Weapon in Mind (2013)
2020 (forthcoming) They Never Leave Their Wives

In late 2010 she released a Christmas-song (cd-single) called “Home For Christmas” which gained much radio-play and then in 2011 she released a new album, “Viktoria”. Several singles were released to critical and fan praise. The final track on this new album was called “Am I Supposed To Apologize” and this was the song chosen as the Norwegian entry in FSC January 2012.

In 2013 Maria released another album called “Weapon in Mind”. Songs on this album were in Maria’s more mainstream R&B pop-style (she has several styles in her music, ranging from this variety to more dramatic, melodic pop songs) and reflected an album that was more joyful, ‘bouncy’ and up-beat in style. The critics were positive in their reviews. The last song on the album, fittingly called “The End”, was - however - more dramatic, melodic pop in style and reflected to a greater degree some of her earlier work. This was the song which represented Norway in FSC April 2014.

After this Maria took a long break from the music business, focusing on other projects in her life. In 2019, however, she began work on new songs for a planned 2020-album. The first single from this new album-project is the critically acclaimed beautiful melodic Pop-ballad “Not OK” which she released in late April 2020. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC September 2020.

She also released a second single in early summer and her forthcoming 2020-album is expected to be released later this autumn. Maria Mena is without doubt a very successful Norwegian singer-songwriter and pop-artist. She writes the lyrics to most of her own songs and the message in the lyrics is very important to her, often telling a personal story. She has much creative talent and many of her songs have interesting arrangements. She is by many in Norway considered one of our best female pop-artists of the past 15 years and has achieved both critical acclaim through the years as well as good commercial sales and a dedicated fan base. Hers is a musical success-story that will surely continue in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #139 September 2020, called “Not OK”, is a beautiful emotional Pop-ballad with melodic harmonies and meaningful lyrics performed by the talented Norwegian singer-songwriter Maria Mena. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Maria Mena again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for September!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Maria Mena - Not OK

It's not like I chose this
I was not given a choice
In a room full of stories
Mine was just another voice

How does she do it?
Without making any sound?
I cry after hours
And scream when no one is around

Here comes a battle
Here's another uphill climb
So strap on some courage
You should be well prepared this time

Just because I'm still standing
Just because I have survived
Doesn't mean I don't get scared
Or wanna give up every time

Cause I don't feel like being strong today
I wanna fall apart sometimes
I wanna break
Next time they ask I'll tell the truth and I'll say
That I'm not OK
That I'm not OK

I don't feel like carrying all this weight
Or being broken around those who can't relate
That I'm not OK
That I'm not...

After he left us
After everything went dark
She's all that matters
She's my only little spark

It's not like I don't want to
Stay in bed, never leave home
But if I don't do it
Chances are it won't get done

Cause I don't feel like being strong today
I wanna fall apart sometimes
I wanna break
That I'm not OK
That I'm not OK

I don't feel like carrying all this weight
Or being broken around those who can't relate
That I'm not OK
That I'm not OK...

God gives his toughest
Battles to the strongest ones
Built out of courage
In the image of his only son

And I am a soldier
I can take the whole world on
So watch as I fight this
And give your praise once I have won

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#139 - September 2020

Isak Danielson

Silence

WfNyVWo.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, Sweden is sending the 23-year old singer-songwriter Isak Danielson with the entry Silence, released in autumn of 2019 and later on included on the singer's second studio album titled Remember to Remember Me, which was released this spring.

The song is a melodically beautiful and well-produced timeless-styled, yet contemporary, mid-tempo Pop ballad with a strong message which can be interpreted in various ways; is it literary against violence? is it speaking up against destructions created by humans such as climate change? or is it simply about a personal struggle?

Danielson had his major public debut at the age of 14 back in 2014, when he entered the first (and only) edition of Swedish X-Factor, which he eventually would end up third in. Since his debut single Long Live This Love from 2014, Danielson has since released three EP's and two studio albums including singles like Broken and Power amongst others.

LYRICS:

Top Bottom