Contact us

FSC Promotions Thread

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC #126 August 2019 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - August 2019 - Alan Walker ft. Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko - On My Way

7aZadSn.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC August 2019, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 7 months, is the talented young, very popular British-Norwegian Electronic Dance Music (EDM) -Producer and artist Alan Walker, this time featuring Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko on vocals. Here is some more information about them.

Alan Walker (born 24th August 1997) is a British-born Norwegian Record Producer and artist in the Electronic Dance Music (EDM)-genre. Born in Northampton, England of an English father and Norwegian mother, he and his family moved to Norway in 1999 at the age of two. He has since (for 17 years) lived in Bergen, Norway and has made his music career here.

His worldwide digital song and EDM-hit "Fade" gained attention after its release on YouTube via the label NoCopyrightSounds (NCS). The tracks "Spectre" and "Force" followed in 2015. He then signed with MER Musikk under Sony Music Sweden and his first single under that label was "Faded", a remastered vocal version of "Fade", released in December 2015.

Alan Walker gained worldwide attention. As of June 2016, "Faded" had over 356 million views on YouTube, an incredible feat. His new EDM-song "Sing Me To Sleep" (featuring Iselin Solheim again on vocals) came in 2016. This was the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2016. In December 2016 Alan Walker released a new single, called “Alone”. It featured the Swedish singer Noonie Bao on vocals. It was another melodic song in his typical musical style which gained huge popularity. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC February 2017.

At the beginning of the new year 2017, Alan Walker's YouTube channel became the most subscribed channel registered in Norway, after passing about 4.5 million subscribers. In May 2017 he released the single “Tired” featuring vocals by Gavin James while the song “Spectre” (based on one of his earlier songs) followed in September 2017. Then in October 2017 he released a new original EDM-single “All Falls Down” featuring Noah Cyrus and Digital Farm Animals on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC December 2017.

In 2018 Alan Walker featured on a song by Norwegian producer X-391 called “Ignite” released in May 2018 (the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2018) and also released 2 new singles: “Darkside” in July 2018, and “Diamond Heart” (see more info below) in September 2018. “Diamond Heart”, which featured Swedish Sophia Somajo on vocals, was the Norwegian entry in FSC January 2019.

Alan Walker an album called “Different World” in December 2018 which included most of his singles as well as many new songs (among them a new single called “Lily”), with some variety within his style and genre.

In spring (March) of 2019 he then released a new single called “On My Way” which featured Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko on vocals. The song was in his traditional EDM-style but with a little ‘twist’ in that part of the vocals were in Spanish (usually they are all in English). This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC August 2019.

He is certainly a talented young Producer/artist in the EDM-genre, with huge worldwide popularity not the least on digital media/YouTube and similar online sites, from whom we will without doubt hear more in the future.

Sabrina Carpenter is a young American singer and actress. She is signed to Hollywood Records. Her debut EP ‘Can't Blame a Girl for Trying’ was released in 2014, and she has since released three full-length albums: ‘Eyes Wide Open’ (2015), ‘Evolution’ (2016), and ‘Singular: Act I’ (2018). Her fourth studio album, ‘Singular: Act II’, was just released in July 2019. Sabrina Carpenter has been described as a "teen pop" singer who has explored through other genres on different albums including pop, folk pop, acoustic and country. She featured on Alan Walker’s new single “On My Way” in spring 2019 and starred in one of the two official videos made for the song.

Farruko is a Puerto Rican singer and songwriter. He rose to fame collaborating with heavyweight artists such as Daddy Yankee, Jory, and J Alvarez. He came to prominence in 2010 with his debut studio album, ‘El Talento Del Bloque’. He was nominated for the Latin Grammy Award for Best Urban Music Album in 2012. In the Summer of 2014, Farruko's success would be forever changed by his new songs, "Passion Whine" and "6 AM", both with J Balvin, reaching spots 1 and 2 respectively. He has been the lead singer or a feature on many of the top performing songs of the past few years. He featured on Alan Walker’s new single “On My Way” in spring 2019 and starred in one of the two official videos made for the song.

The Norwegian entry for FSC August 2019, “On My Way”, is another melodic EDM-song by British-Norwegian EDM-Producer and artist Alan Walker ft. Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko on vocals. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Alan Walker again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the English (and partly Spanish) lyrics for the song. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for August!
tqcd9Op.png

yQwRxUC.gif

Alan Walker ft. Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko - On My Way

[Sabrina Carpenter:]
I'm sorry but
Don't wanna talk
I need a moment before I go
It's nothing personal

I draw the blinds
They don't need to see me cry
'Cause even if they understand
They don't understand

So then when I'm finished
I'm all 'bout my business
And ready to save the world
I'm taking my misery
Make it my bitch
Can't be everyone's favorite girl

So take aim and fire away
I've never been so wide awake
No, nobody but me can keep me safe
And I'm on my way

The blood moon is on the rise
The fire burning in my eyes
And I'm on my way

[Farruko:]
Lo siento mucho (Farru), pero me voy
Porque a tu lado me di cuenta que nada soy
Y me cansé de luchar y de guerrear en vano
De estar en la línea de fuego y de meter la mano
Acepto mis errore', también soy humano
Y tú no ve' que lo hago porque te amo

Pero ya (Ya) no tengo más na' que hacer aquí
Me voy, llegó la hora 'e partir
De mi propio camino, seguir lejos de ti

And I'm on my way

And I'm on my way

[Farruko:]
(I'm on my way)

Everybody, everybody keep me safe ( x 4 )

Everybody, everybody on my way

And I'm on my way

And I'm on my way

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

hawadharma

FSC #126 August 2019
MALAYSIA

malaysia-flag-pole-animated.gif

Caliph Buskers - "Hanya Mimpi"

caliph1.jpg_1464901134.jpg

WAN | NADIRA | AZMI | FENDY | ZAKI

Malaysia in FSC August 2019 is represented by a special band by the name of Caliph Buskers:

Azmi - Vocalist

Nadira - Vocalist / Percussion

Zaki - Vocalist / Guitarist

Fendy - Vocalist / Percussion

Wan - Guitarist

They are a group of music enthusiasts who cross each other paths as people with sight disabilities (fully blind).

Their mutual love for music brings them to the streets of busy Kuala Lumpur, busking away for a living.

As fate dictates it, a prominent music producer (Edry Abdul Halim) was looking for a new artiste to replace his band's (MOJO) vocalist who withdrawn from performing his song "Romancinta" in the final stage of Malaysian song award AJL, when he came across Caliph Buskers in the streets. Mesmerised by their talent, he offered the whole band to perform on the big stage.

And the rest is history.

Caliph Buskers became an overnight sensation. Their rendition of "Romancinta" was awarded best performance of the night.

They were signed by Edry Abdul Halim as a recording artiste under KRU MUsic and recorded their first single "Hanya Namamu" (participated in past FSC) which won 2nd runner up in the following year's AJL.

This entry of FSC August 2019 entitled "Hanya Mimpi" is their third single, in collaboration with famous singer/composer Faizal Tahir under FAITH Music. It is a highly motivational and uplifting song - sending out a message for everyone to keep believing in their dreams as it is not just mere dreams. Dreams are what made them successful as they are today.​

Caliph Buskers is a manifestation of human positivity in life, where physical disabilities should never hinder anyone to achieve success in life. Enjoy!

(Trivia: Fendy & Nadira are husband and wife)

Lyrics (English Translation):
tqcd9Op.png

Caliph Buskers - "Hanya Mimpi"

~Nanana na nanana na~

(Azmi)

Yesterday will never repeat

But opportunities will keep coming

Teaching you the meaning of life in this world,oh

Today I'm still breathing

And while I'm at it, I will give all my heart

Now I make a promise

Bridge:

If you feel restless

Through hardships, we'll endure together

Believe me, I will always be here

Chorus:

These are not just dreams

And I will never stop dreaming

All of this, is because

You are always here

All of this would not happen

If not because of dreams

All of this, is because

You are always here

~Nanana na nanana na~

(Nadira)

Everything that I have on me,

Not one thing belongs to me

Even though I'm not perfect

You remain with me here

(repeat bridge)

(repeat chorus)

All the time, through happiness and sadness

We go through it all

All the time, when I fall, you light my way

~Nanana na nanana na~

(repeat bridge)
(repeat chorus)

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#126 - August 2019

:se: SWEDEN :se:

NEIKED
(feat. Miriam Bryant)

How Did I Find You

DSjKFcS.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this August edition, we're seeing yet another comeback for Sweden with music producer and songwriter Victor Rådström aka NEIKED and his longtime collaborator and childhood friend the singer-songwriter Miriam Bryant. Bryant ended up second in the FSC exactly six years ago back in August 2013 with her breakthrough track Push Play, which was produced by Rådström. The duo would continue to work on Bryant's solo career, with Rådström producing tracks for the singer's debut album as well as following English language releases including the 2016 single Black Car, which is Bryant's most successful track chartwise to date, charting in the top.3 on the Official Swedish Singles chart.

Parallel to working on Bryant's solo releases, Rådström started his own solo project NEIKED in 2015 and achieved some international success with his 2016 single Sexual, which peaked within the top. 5 in markets like the UK and Australia.

On this month's entry, Bryant is serving lead vocals as a featured singer for Rådström's solo project and it's the third single taken from Rådström's debut album the 2019 Best of Hard Drive. The song can be described as a melodic and warm midtempo Scandinavian-styled electro-Pop track.

LYRICS:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC #127 September 2019 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - September 2019 - Sirenia - Glowing Embers

8eYk8tt.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC September 2019, and returning to the FSC for Norway after a short period, is the famous Norwegian Symphonic Metal-band Sirenia. Here is some more information about them.

Sirenia, named after the Sirens of Greek mythology, was founded in 2001 by the Norwegian musician Morten Veland (who also has a one-man Metal-band called Mortemia), after he left the Norwegian Gothic Metal band Tristania due to musical disagreements and personal differences.

The band has had several changes in members over the years, but the current members of Sirenia are:

Morten Veland (band founder; songwriter, guitar, male growl vocals, synth-programming)
Jan Erik Soltvedt (guitar)
Nils Courbaron (guitar)
Emmanuelle Zoldan (female vocals)

Their 1st album was “At Sixes and Sevens” in 2002. Sirenia’s 2nd album “An Elixir For Existence” came in 2004 plus one EP “Sirenian Shores” also in 2004. For these albums Sirenia recruited the Norwegian singer Henriette Bordvik. Sirenia sounded on their first albums like a mixture of hard Goth Metal/Rock with Symphonic and also Black/Death metal elements.

Their album “Nine Destinies and a Downfall” was released in February 2007. This album had a ‘softer’ Symphonic Rock/Metal sound and Sirenia introduced a new female singer, Danish Monika Pedersen, after Henriette Bordvik left. In 2009 they released an album called “The 13th Floor”. With this album Sirenia once again changed female vocalist, Spanish Ailyn taking over.

In 2011 Sirenia released a new album “The Enigma of Life”. It included “All My Dreams”, the Norwegian entry in FSC March 2011, and “Fading Star”, the Norwegian entry in FSC August 2011. In May 2013 a powerful and epic Symphonic Metal song called “Seven Widows Weep” was released as a new single. It became the Norwegian entry in FSC August 2013. The new album “Perils of the Deep Blue” was released in June 2013. It included also the melodic Metal-song “My Destiny Coming To Pass” which became the Norwegian entry in FSC February 2014.

The 2015-album “The Seventh Life Path” was released in May 2015. It included the Symphonic ‘Gothic’ Metal song “Serpent” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC June 2015. In August 2016 Ailyn left Sirenia and they chose Emmanuelle Zoldan, an opera-trained and -educated singer who they had worked with for long (in the Sirenia choir), as her replacement.

Sirenia worked on a new album in 2016 and a first single ,“The 12th Hour”, was released in October 2016. It was followed in early November 2016 by the title-track “Dim Days of Dolor”. This became the Norwegian entry in FSC October 2017. The album “Dim Days of Dolor” was released in November 2016 and also included the powerful epic song “Goddess of the Sea” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC December 2016.

The first single from a forthcoming album, the song ‘Love Like Cyanide’, was released in September 2018. The new album itself, named ‘Arcane Astral Aeons’, was finally released on 26th October 2018. It included the melodic Symphonic Metal-song ‘Into The Night’, which was the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2018, as well as the aforementioned ‘Love Like Cyanide’ which was the Norwegian entry in FSC June 2019

Another song from the 2018-album was the epic Symphonic Gothic Metal-song “Glowing Embers”. It was the grand finale of the album and quickly became a fan favourite. This is the song chosen as the Norwegian entry here in FSC September 2019.

As the only Norwegian quality Symphonic/Gothic Metal band still active, Metal-fans in Norway and abroad hope this band will continue to mesmerize with their epic Symphonic music for many years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #127 September 2019, called “Glowing Embers”, is another great epic Symphonic Gothic Metal song by Norwegian Metal band Sirenia. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Sirenia again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the English lyrics for the song. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for September!
tqcd9Op.png

yQwRxUC.gif

Sirenia - Glowing Embers

Choir (intro)

Behold the glowing embers
Of glory that once was
Still shining bright within your eyes
The beacon of my life
You are my everlasting fire
That burns with all of my desires

You are the light that conquers darkness
You are the dream that transcends
You are the hope that speaks to my heart
My faith until the end

Behind the veils of darkness
There is a pale dim light
It's shimmering and dwindling
Right at the edge of the night
I gaze towards a shining past
That days to come will never outlast

My faith until the end

My faith until the end

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

JSSArcos

Nova_Imagem.jpg

snMaiKino18.jpg

[h=1]Mai Kino - Young Love[/h]
Birds flying above watching you go
Waves tide in my heart turn into gold

Fill my eyes with heaven
Heartbreaking blue
Too young to burn away
A new sky in the daylight
Like a child in bloom

I'm in love for the first time
Sunrise through the rain light
Blood flows
You got my heart but you know I can't get close

Birds fly on the shoreline
In the sky above
Away from everyone
We fall deep in the water
Till the sun is down

I'm in love for the first time
Sunshine through the rain light
Blood flows
You got my heart but you know I can't get close

Afraid that this young love
Might tear me apart
Adds scars to my heart
Might tear me apart
Adds scars to my heart
(I'm on fire when you're not looking)

You're not looking

Birds flying above watching you go
Waves tide in my heart turn into gold

Might tear me apart
Adds scars to my heart
Might tear me apart
Adds scars to my heart

You're not looking

elanyvx

:it: JOEY :it:
LA ROCKSTAR

ITALY SEPTEMBER 2019 ENTRY

LVKBZQC

Joey (Giorgia Bertolani (born in Bolzano on 7 May 1995) is an Italian singer-songwriter. Fet is the stage name of Federico De Marinis, he is an Italian producer and DJ from Rome. He is Achille Lauro's brother (Sanremo Festival 2019). Fet does not appear in the video and in the lyrics, so the song is written by Joey and Fet is only the producer and composer of the song.

---

La Rockstar "La Rockstar" is a strong song, but at the same time rich in content, rhythmic, sensual, in which Giorgia's different facets and artistic qualities emerge.

In a press conference:
Journalist: Joey, do you feel like a rockstar?
Joey: I'm not referring to myself but to the stereotype.
Journalist: are you referring to those who smashed hotel rooms?
Joey: I'm joke about this, a life as a rockstar in a historical sense is not compatible with those who want to build an important path in the music world. It is not compatible with real life.
Journalist: What do you mean?
Joey: There are two solutions so, or you try to study and grow or become a rockstar.

Lyrics

honzak11

:cz: :cz: CZECH REPUBLIC :cz: :cz:

Entry for FSC #127 - Tereza Mašková:
Žár

ZAR74dcc6_TerezaMakov.jpg

Tereza Mašková is a Czech singer, born on 11 April 1996 in the city of Třinec. Currently, she focusses mainly on pop and funk music. As her greatest achievement to date she considers her victory in the Czech version of the singing competition SuperStar in 2018. Shortly after her victory, we was offered to perform in the fifth series of the show “Tvoje tvář má známý hlas” (the Czech equivalent of the famous TV show “Your face sounds familiar”), where she placed 4th.
Her first single was released in November 2018, called “New Me”. She likewise released her first album that consists of the songs she had sang in the singing competition SuperStar and 2 hits that she had performed in the show Tvoje tvář má známý hlas.

Some interesting links...
  1. Only very few people know that Tereza’s first TV performance dates back to 2010, when (at the age of 14) she took part in the famous TV show “Talent” (the Czech equivalent of America’s got Talent). I bet you would barely recognise her! :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26M1K802jXw
  2. Tereza participated at the world competition “World Championship of Performing Arts” (WCOPA) in Los Angeles in 2014. She succeeded as a Winner of the Golden Medal and Best Performance Plaque. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI6KuGR9UTM
  3. One of her most favorite songs is One Night Only sang by Jenifer Hudson. Listen and watch her cover of this song in the semi-finals of SuperStar where she left everyone blown away! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSzc1Qsunz0
  4. Ever wondered how would Tereza look like as Céline Dion? Even if you never did, check out her impersonation with a song “Surrender”. From the show “Your face sounds familiar”. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XMc-WMXhHo

LIVE PERFOMANCE OF the song Žár: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioMib76zzYg

Lyrics // My amateur translation

Nikdys mi nepatřil // You never belonged to me
Nebyl jsisi ten // You were not the one
Který by zůstal když // who would stay if
Přišel zlý den // a bad day came,
Přesto teď zhasínám // yet now I’m turning off
Jak světlo z loučí. // as a light from the torch.
Proč to, co začíná // Why the thing that just starts
Najednou končí? // suddenly finishes?
Nikdy jsem nechtěla // I never wanted
Vzdávat svůj směr // give up on my direction
Někdy je těžší když // Sometimes it’s harder if
máš na výběr. // you have more choices.
Vždycky jsem cítila, // I’ve always felt,
Že mám své poslání. // that I’ve got a mission.
To, co si zasejem // What we sow
Jednou se navrátí // will return one day.

Nikdy ne, Neříkej // Never say no
Nikdy ne, Sliby ne //never no, promises no
Nikdy ne // Never no

Řeknu nehas ten Žár // I say don’t extinguish the blaze
Ve mně sálá víc než dřív // That is burning in me more than ever
Já cítím, že cíl je blíž // I fell that the finish is getting closer
Žár // A blaze
Je když toužím stále jít. // is when I desire to keep going.

Tak nedovol mi se bát // Don’t allow me to be worried
Někdy jsem ztracená // Sometimes I am lost
V ulicích měst // in the streets of cities
Někdy jsem zmatená // sometimes I am confused
Z tisíců cest // from the thousands of ways.
Ptám se tě kolik dní // on so many days, I ask you
Kolik slov nahradí // how many words can replace
To ticho, co je v nás // the silence that is inside of us
Ten déšť co zaplaví // the rain that floods us.
City, co byly v nás // The feelings that were inside of us
Jsou dávno pryč // are gone a long time ago
Já už se nechci ptát // I don’t want to ask anymore
Kdo měl rád víc // who loved each other more.
Sílu, co v sobě mám // There is a power in me
úskalí zvládnout // to overcome the obstacles
i když už tisíckrát naděje slábnou // even though the faith fades away quickly

Nikdy ne, Neříkej // Never say no,
Nikdy ne, Sliby ne // never no, promises no,
Nikdy ne // never no.

Řeknu nehas ten Žár // I say don’t extinguish the blaze
ve mně sálá víc než dřív // that is burining in me more than ever
Já cítím, že cíl je blíž // I feel that the finish is getting closer.
Žár // A blaze
Je když toužím stále jít // is when I desire to keep going
Já se nevzdávám // I never give up
Zvládnu co mám // I manage everything I need to
Budu tu stát //I will be standing here
Žádný strach nezlomí mý oči v pláč // no fear will make me burst in tears
Žár co ve mně spálí i tvůj stín // the blaze in me will eventually burn your shadows

Žár ve mně sálá víc než dřív // The blaze is burning in me more than ever
Já ztrácím i zemskou tíž // I am setting free even from the gravity
Jen když toužím stále jít // only when I desire to keep going
Zvládnu co mám // I manage what I need to
Budu tu stát // I will be standing here
Žádný strach nezlomí mý oči v pláč // no fear will make me burst in tears.
Přes všechna úskalí zůstaly v nás // Despite all obstacles, what remained in me
Vzpomínky, co odvál čas // are memories that the time has blown away.

Žár ve mně sálá víc než dřív // The blaze is burning in me more than ever
Já cítím, že cíl je blíž // I feel that the finish is getting closer
Žár // A blaze
Je když toužím stále jít // is when I desire to keep going
Zvládnu co mám // I manage what I need to
Budu tu stát // I will be standing here
Žádný strach nezlomí mý oči v pláč // no fear will make me burst in tears.
Žár co ve mně spálí i tvůj stín // the blaze in me will eventually burn your shadows

hawadharma

FSC #127 September 2019
MALAYSIA

malaysia-flag-pole-animated.gif

Ayda Jebat - "Temberang"

AGF-l7_xRtnC04sOAIDBim_4XhaSarW8h_QtTqTN3w=s900-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Malaysia in FSC August 2019 is represented by our amazing pop singer, Ayda Jebat
You might remember her from FSC Sept 2015 with song "Siapa Diriku" and FSC Aug 2016 with the song "Pencuri Hati".

tqcd9Op.png

yQwRxUC.gif

Ayda Jebat - "Temberang"

Chorus:

Ouch! (5x) oh dear
Ouch! (4x) don't
Ouch! (2x) you be a liar

Ouch! (5x) oh love
Ouch! (2x) it will be a big mistake
Ouch! (2x) if you're a liar​

Verse 1:
Say to me what you want
Want me to be close to you, but you're shy
Just say it, I'm yours
As long as we're happy, don't wait too long

Bridge:
Because I want you for me forever
Just say you want it too

(chorus)

Verse 2:
Felt your presence in my life
Just let me dream of you in my nights

(repeat bridge)

(repeat chorus 2x)

(saxophone solo)

(repeat chorus 2x)

I know you love it
Because I love it too
Don't you lie (3x)

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#127 - September 2019

Peg Parnevik
Break Up a Bit

lgjQdtc.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, Sweden goes straight up unapologetically Pop with the catchy and well produced bop Break Up a Bit performed by 23-year old singer and reality celebrity Peg Parnevik.

Peg was born in Sweden and is the daughter of Swedish professional golfer Jesper Parnevik. She grew up in the USA but due to her famous father and the reality show Parneviks, which premiered in 2015 on Swedish TV and follows the Parnevik family, she became a name on her own in Sweden and started her music career in Sweden back in 2016 with the single Ain't No Saint, which became her best charting single to date, charting within the top. 3 on the Official Swedish Singles Charts.

LYRICS:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC #128 October 2019 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - October 2019 - Røverann - Mysterium

V6dnrv1.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC October 2019 is a New artist for Norway in FSC, the talented Norwegian pop-artist Røverann (alias Sylvie Ann Herfoss Klevgård). Here is some more information about her.

Sylvie Ann Herfoss Klevgård is a Norwegian singer from Østerdalen, an inland region in south-eastern Norway (east of the former FSC host city of Hamar), who has released music under the artist name Røverann (which is a kind of ‘pun’ on the Norwegian word in dialect for ‘the robbers’ or ‘the thieves’).

She has always loved music and has written songs herself for many years. She is pretty unknown in Norway on the national stage but is known in some music circles and has an expanding fanbase.

What makes her a little unique is that her songs are all in Norwegian language in a music genre - Synth-pop/Electro-pop - which in Norway almost always is sung in English language by our national artists.

She released her self-titled debut album ‘Røverann’ in 2015. It had 7 songs all sung in Norwegian and the music style was commercial Synth-pop/Electro-pop. In the following years (2016-2018) she released many singles, incl. ‘Jordbærmuffins’, ‘Svarte Vinger’, ‘Åh, Som Jeg Liker Det’, ‘Vil Du Være Med Meg’, ‘Sommertid’, ‘La Vindene Danse’, ‘Mens Snøen Laver Ned’, ‘Utakt’, ‘Høy På Deg’, and ‘Lek’.

In August 2019 she released her new single ‘Mysterium’, a melodic Synth-pop song in the Norwegian Electro-pop tradition, not dissimilar in style from some of Margaret Berger’s earlier songs (but she always sung in English). It was popular among her growing fanbase and also received some radioplay on national radio in Norway. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC October 2019.

This is a productive and talented Norwegian pop-artist and songwriter from whom we will surely hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #128 October 2019, called “Mysterium” (“Mystery”), is a melodic bass-groovy Synth-pop song performed in the Norwegian language (in clear Norwegian bokmål) by Røverann. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Røverann in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the Norwegian lyrics for the song and a translation into English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for October!
tqcd9Op.png

yQwRxUC.gif

Røverann - Mysterium

Jeg var mørk og tungsinn i natten / I had dark thoughts in the night
Altfor blendet av dagslys og tegn / Too blinded by daylight and signs
Så fortapt i egne tanker / So lost in my own thoughts
Til jeg møtte ditt mystiske deg / Until I met the mysterious you

Med håp og lengsel i blikket / With hope and longing in my eyes
Snubler jeg i manglende ord / I stumble in words that I lack
Alt det du rører ved blir forsterket / Everything you touch becomes stronger
Lyser opp som en fullkommen jord / Lights up like a perfect earth

Så nær meg, så nær meg / So close to me, so close to me
Pusten din blir til glør / Your breath becomes like fiery embers
Så nær meg, så nær meg / So close to me, so close to me
Som jeg aldri har kjent før / Like I have never felt before

Du er, du er et mysterium / You are, you are a mystery
Et mysterium / A mystery
Et mysterium / A mystery

Skriv til meg i flere farver / Write to me in several colours
Tålmodig du venter på meg / Patiently you wait for me
Går jeg meg vill mellom drømmer og glasskår / Lose my way between dreams & broken glass
Vender tilbake til mystiske deg / I return to the mysterious you

Det er sulten av bekreftelse / It is the hunger for confirmation
Jeg elsker å få tilgang til / That I love to get access to
Og alle dine ville oppspinn / And all your wild crazy ideas
Høres latteren din i takt med min / Your laughter is heard together with mine

Vi har så mye i vente / We have so many things to come
En hel verden du tente / A whole world you lit up
Som hvite tegn utover bordet / Like white signs spread on the table
Som røde seil bruser i blodet / Like red sails bubbling in the blood

Åh…. Mysterium / Oh…. Mystery

Et mysterium / A mystery
Et mysterium / A mystery

Åh…. Mysterium / Oh…. Mystery

Et mysterium / A mystery
Et mysterium / A mystery

Et mysterium / A mystery
Et mysterium / A mystery

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

hawadharma

:my:

FSC
MALAYSIA
OCTOBER 2019

a63e03ba09210beaf1d9e8e32fa1ce6e.600x600x1.jpg

AISYAH AZIZ
"Bila Entah"

Having a sultry voice with unparalleled star quality, Aisyah Aziz breaks the traditional mold of normal Malay pop song
in this one-in-a-lifetime masterpiece. What started of like a 1940s cabaret song evolves into a upbeat retro-pop-jazz fusion number.
What's more interesting, the lyrics are geniusly written as if they were lines from ancient Malay poems.

Possibly the most outstanding song of the year in Malaysia. Enjoy!
(Check out the bonus live version below. It'll blow your mind!)

Official Music Video:

Bonus Live Version (Unplugged):

yQwRxUC.gif

Aisyah Aziz - "Bila Entah"

(Will I meet you, or won't I?)
(Why avoid me, everytime I want you)

From where to where, grass dominates the paddy?
In what year, what month, will we meet again?
The Admiral's house, is lit with three candles,
I trade my heart to be loved till the end

Oh love, you're far from sight
Oh love, but never from my heart

Chorus:

Will I meet you, or won't I?
This desperate heart gets sadder each day,
Will I meet you, or won't I?
Why avoid me, everytime I want you

(When oh when, do we meet again?)
(Why avoid me, everytime I want you)

Oh moon, where are the stars?
Up there on the branches of a fig tree
Oh how hardworking my love is,
That he wouldn't return home

Oh love, you're far from sight
Oh love, but never from the heart

(repeat chorus)

What has gone wrong?
Where should this blame falls on?
My bad luck hits me like a fallen ladder
Oh dear, I am fine
Let me be blind
As long as our bodies buried together

(repeat chorus)

The fig tree branches are waving
But why avoid me, everytime I want you?

yQwRxUC.gif

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#128 - October 2019

Tove Lo
Sweettalk my Heart

CzPbJla.jpg

PRESENTATION:

Sweden continues the Pop route for this edition, this time with a comeback of singer-songwriter Ebba Tove Nilsson aka Tove Lo to the contest. This marks the singer's third entry, having ended up 8th back in the FSC#63 - May 2014 edition with the song Out of Mind and 5th in the December edition of the same year with the entry Talking Body, will this be her third time charm?

This month's entry titled Sweettalk my Heart is the fifth single taken from Nilsson's fourth studio album Sunshine Kitty, released this September. The song, which combined with its modern yet timeless style clearly inspired by both 90's and 80's Pop, can nearly be described as something close to "Pop perfection" with its efficient verses, the catchy bridge and the almost ridiculously strong and melodic hook, all following Tove Lo's recipe and sense for creating great Pop tunes combined with her individual style, somewhat raspy and distinct vocals as well as her personal and raw lyrics on top of that setting her apart from many other Pop acts out there.

For many out there, Tove Lo is mostly known for her breakthrough hit and so far biggest international chart success, the 2013 Habits (Stay High), but aside from her own solo career she has also been co-writing songs for other artists with Ellie Goulding's 2015 Love Me Like You Do being one of her greatest successes chart-wise as a songwriter, as well as collaborated with various other music acts. Below find a list of some of her stand-out singles and collaborations to date:

Stay High [2013] <- famous remix of Habits (Stay High) by American duo Hippie Sabotage
Not on Drugs [2014]
Heroes (We Could Be) [2014] <- together with Swedish DJ-Producer Alesso
Desire [2016] <- together with British group Years & Years
Close [2016] <- together with American singer Nick Jonas from the Jonas Brothers
Cool Girl [2016]
True Disaster [2016]
Bad as the Boys [2019] <- together with Finnish singer ALMA
Really Don't Like U [2019] <- together with Australian singer Kylie Minogue

LYRICS:

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
:dk: RIKKE THOMSEN - ÅLTINS KOLDT I KØBENHAVN :dk:

I never really do this promotion thing, but I think Rikke Thomsen deserves just a little bit (and probably needs it too)

She is a singer/songwriter from Southern Jutland, and her most distinctive feature is that she actually sings in the South Jutlandish dialect. People down there are very proud of their dialect, but it's nearly impossible to understand it for the rest of us, and that's exactly what the song is about.

The song is called "Åltins Koldt I København" which means "Always Cold In Copenhagen" (I think), and it's about Rikke Thomsen being a stranger in Copenhagen. She feels cold and out of place, and no one understands what she's saying, so she just wanna go back home to Sønderborg where she belongs

maxresdefault.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC #129 November 2019 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - November 2019 - KEiiNO - Dancing in the Smoke

kq4vipd.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC November 2019 are another set of New artists for Norway in FSC, the Eurovision-famous Norwegian/Sami group KEiiNO who won the popular televote in ESC 2019. Here is some more information about them.

KEiiNO is a Norwegian/Sami Folk-pop group consisting of Norwegian singers Tom Hugo and Alexandra Rotan, and Norwegian Sámi rapper/joiker Fred Buljo.

The group was established in the late summer of 2018 when Tom Hugo (songwriter) and partner Alex Olsson began writing "Spirit in the Sky", a Norwegian/Sami Folk-pop song inspired by historical struggles for equality. Later the singer Alexandra Rotan (who had taken part in MPGjr in 2010 and MPG in 2018 with Stella Mwangi, as well as pop-IDOL) and Sámi rapper/joiker Fred Buljo (also member of the Norwegian-Sami group Duolva Duottar) joined the project which became a Norwegian-Sami co-project.

The group name KEiiNO was inspired by the name of Fred Buljo's home town Kautokeino (Sami: Guovdageaidnu). The last part -geaidnu translates to the "way" or "road" which Buljo stated "represents the road that brought us together".

Although the three singers had had some success as solo artists, their dreams were truly realised after joining forces - a force the Sámi (the indigenous people of Norway) believe you can find connecting with nature. The northern lights, dancing colourful and free, serve as a symbol of how KEiiNO believes everyone should be allowed to feel - regardless of who they love, how they look or where they are from. KEiiNO dares to dream that their music will inspire people all over the world to rise above differences and work together.

“Spirit in the Sky” was entered and chosen as one of the songs for Melodi Grand Prix (MGP) 2019 and quickly became a fan favourite on the internet. It ended up winning MGP and was thereby chosen to represent Norway in ESC 2019. They took part in the 2nd semi-final in May 2019 and qualified for the final. In the final the entry received the highest points from the European public’s televoting, winning the televote with an impressive 291 points, ending 6th in the end (including jury-votes) in the final.

“Spirit in the Sky” became a huge and popular hit around Europe entering the charts in many countries. After ESC, KEiiNO released several other songs, a cover-version of the US-song “Shallow”, the change of pace-single “Praying”, another cover in Swedish “Vill Ha Dig”, and finally a new original single “Dancing in the Smoke” released in October 2019. This new single is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC November 2019.

The new song resembles their ESC-song in style and is another Norwegian/Sami Folk-pop melody with catchy joyous rhythms and ethnic joik, all set in KEiiNO’s familiar musical style and universe.

They have indicated that they want to make an album with ethnic/world music songs, related to the songs they have created so far, but no further press release has been made yet.

This is a talented and popular Norwegian/Sami Folk-pop group from whom we will without doubt hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #129 November 2019, called “Dancing in the Smoke”, is a new melodic Folk-pop song by the popular Eurovision-famous Norwegian/Sami group KEiiNO. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter KEiiNO the FSC for Norway.

Below are the English lyrics for the song. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for November!
tqcd9Op.png

yQwRxUC.gif

KEiiNO - Dancing in the Smoke

Smoke is raging
Colours flicker in the night sky
Streetlights are fading
Fading

I got the feeling we will make it to heaven
I got the feeling we won’t try, come back
Streetlights are fading
Fading

We’re not running when the world’s on fire
We’ll be dancing in the smoke
No don’t you worry when the flames get higher
We’ll be dancing, we’ll be dancing in the smoke

Lovers wasted
People rushing in the moonlight
Hearts all racing
Racing

I got the feeling we will make it to heaven
I got the feeling we won’t try, come back
Hearts all racing
Racing

We’ll go higher when the world’s on fire

I feel it in my body
Armageddon
I feel it in my body
Feel it in my body

We’re not running when the world’s on fire
We’l be dancing in the smoke

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

elanyvx

:it: LEVANTE :it:
BRAVI TUTTI VOI

ITALY NOVEMBER 2019 ENTRY

Claudia Lagona known professionally as Levante is an Italian singer-songwriter from Caltagirone. In 2001, after the death of her father, she moved with her mother and her three brothers to Turin. Her first hit single is in 2013, called "Alfonso". In 2017, she was chosen as a judge for the eleventh series of Italian talent show X Factor. The sicilian singer has never taken part in the Sanremo Festival.

---

Bravi Tutti Voi
"Bravi Tutti Voi" is a single characterized by a strong writing and a profound message: "In life the most difficult judgment to face is certainly ours, when from within a little voice repeats to us that we are not up to par. But what if that judgment came from the outside too? If someone stood up as Master entirely? At the vanity fair we need smiles and applause so that the Gurus can inflate their chest and then leave everything in the hands of time, always able to give us the answers ".

This message is strengthened in the fascinating video clip of the song. There is a party, all the characters hide behind their masks, which represent their comfort zone. The apotheosis of this continual cancellation of the ego in front of those who tell us how "we must" be? The applause, which celebrates the very vanity of all this. And it doesn't make you think about the truth.

Lyrics

hawadharma

:my:

FSC
MALAYSIA
NOVEMBER 2019

semua%2Bsudah.png

ELIZABETH T
AN
"Semua Sudah" (All is Done)

Official Music Video:

Bonus Live Version (Unplugged):

yQwRxUC.gif

Elizabeth Tan - "Semua Sudah"

After all that I've been through
I didn't understand it before
Now I'm braver, now I'm not running away
You can challenge me if you want

Bridge:
As long as I'm breathing
As long as I'm standing
I have no regrets

Chorus:
All is done, all is done
Seeing (you) is done, knowing (you) is done
Loving (you) is done, fighting (you) is done,
All is done, all is done.

All these new and expensive things,
What's this all about?
This life is moving so fast
Like movement of a bullet

Secrets, secrets, secrets
Loyalty, loyalty, loyalty
All these means nothing
Only to see who says bye first

(repeat bridge)
(repeat chorus)

I've fallen many times
But I still got up
What else can I show you?
I can even go through fire for you

(repeat chorus)

yQwRxUC.gif

honzak11

:cz: :cz: CZECH REPUBLIC :cz: :cz:

Entry for FSC #129: Karel Gott & Charlotte Ella Gottová - Srdce nehasnou
2276028.jpg

• Karel Gott (14 July 1939 – 1 October 2019) was a Czech singer, considered the most successful male singer in Czechoslovakia and the Czech Republic.
  • He was voted the country's best male singer in the annual Czech Music Awards (Český slavík) 42 times, most recently in 2017.
  • Over the course of his career he released over 100 albums and 100 compilation albums, and sold an estimated 50–100 million records worldwide, 23 million of them in the German-speaking market, and about 15 million in Czechoslovakia and its successor states, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
  • Karel Gott was also known as “Golden voice of Prague”, “Sinatra of the East” or “Divine Charlie”.
  • Karel Gott represented Austria in the Eurovision Song Contest 1968 with the song Tausend Fenster, finishing in 13th place.

The legend passes away...xcry1xcry1
Karel Gott died on 1 October 2019, after a long and serious illness, at the age of 80. It was announced that he had acute leukaemia.
Czech President Milos Zeman said the singer's death was "extremely sad news for our whole country." Flags flew at half-mast the following day and the government said he would have a state funeral.
An estimated 300,000 people were expected to pay tribute to Czech singer Karel Gott, an artist whose popularity crossed from east to west of Europe. Fans stood for hours in a line stretching back at least two kilometres to bid the man farewell. The mourners paid their respects at the Zofin Palace building in Prague.

About the song “Srdce nehasnou” (FSC #129 entry)
Following his death on 1 October 2019, the song “Srdce nehasnou” gained on its lyrical depth.
The songs is a “goodbye” by Karel to his family, career and fans. It is his last released song, in May 2019. It is a duet with his 14-year-old daughter Charlotte Ella.
The story of this song... Karel and his family were aware that there are not many days left for Karel since the beginning of 2019. His family approached a song composer Richard Krajco (who otherwise composes strictly only for his own band) to write Karel’s last song. Richard Krajco admitted that both Karel and his wife were very honest to him, shared with him Karel’s health condition and he was asked to compose the song with “a very early deadline” so that the song can be recorded on time.
The song was eventually written in few hours, overnight, by Richard Krajco and the it was well-accepted by Karel’s family. Richard admitted the recording was very emotional for Karel’s daughter Charlotte as she clearly understood the full meaning of each word in the lyrics of the song.
In the song, Karel gives her daughter pieces of life advices, and explains her that “Sometimes it is known what the God prepares, but hearts will still go on”.

Karel’s other work succeeds internationally

Bio in short...
His working life began as an electrician in Prague before he was discovered as a singer in the city's dance cafes. During the communist era, he performed at home and abroad, including in the West, which was uncommon for Czech musicians. He sang in a variety of languages besides his native Czech, including Russian, English, German and Italian. He spent six months in Las Vegas in 1967 and later returned to the United States, including giving two concerts at New York’s Carnegie Hall in 2000 and 2005. Following the 1968 Soviet-led invasion of Prague, Gott continued to remain popular, despite many singers being banned from the stage for political reasons.

Lyrics [Lyrics]:

Top Bottom