FSC Promotions Thread

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC #122 April 2019 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - April 2019 - Gåte - Fanitullen

wxrkrFY.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC April 2019, and returning to the FSC after 1 year, is the accomplished Norwegian Folk-rock band Gåte, the most famous band we have in this genre and part of Norwegian Folk-music tradition. Here is some more information about them.

Gåte (the word means ‘riddle’ in English) is a well known Norwegian Folk-rock band from Trøndelag (region around Trondheim), Norway. The band came into being in 1999/2000 formed by Sveinung Sundli (violin, keyboards) together with his little sister Gunnhild Sundli (vocals), Gjermund Landrø (bass, backing vocals), Martin Langlie (drums) and Magnus R Børmark (guitar, keyboards). They played what came to be termed Progressive Folk-rock with some elements from metal and electronica and, above all, Norwegian Folk-music.

The band released their first EP ("Gåte") in 2000, and rapidly gained some popularity nationally and abroad. A second EP, also self-titled, was released in 2002. Their first album, "Jygri", released the same year proved to be their commercial breakthrough both in Norway and abroad. They also gained a lot of media attention, particularly the wonderful distinctive voice of Gunnhild Sundli caught the interest of music journalists. After the release of another EP, "Statt Opp (Maggeduliadei)" in 2003 and their second album, "Iselilja" in 2004, the band announced that they were taking a break, saying that Gunnhild wanted to devote time to other pursuits.

During this first part of their successful career they toured extensively and played almost every popular music festival in Norway, as well as the major international festival Roskilde festival in Denmark. The band reunited for one concert some years later in 2009 (now with a new drummer, Kenneth Kapstad), but then decided to follow this up with a mini-tour of Norway consisting of five concerts in 2010. The band now took another long break and many (both fans and critics) thought/feared the band had disbanded for good.

In 2016, however, Sveinung Sundli, the ‘nexus’ behind the band, began thinking of a comeback and finally persuaded his sister Gunnhild to return, together with several (new) band members. They slowly began writing new melodies for Gåte (the first new songs for 12 years) and the first of these was released in October 2017 as a single from a forthcoming EP, the song “Stolt Solvår”. A great Norwegian Folk-rock melody in their signature style, this was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2018. Later in October 2017 Gåte released a second single from their forthcoming EP, “Rideboll og Gullborg”, and then in November 2017 the EP itself called “Attersyn” was released, to great critical acclaim, consisting of four songs incl. the two singles.

A new anticipated full album called “Svevn” was finally released in November 2018, to mostly critical acclaim, which included 10 new songs including a handful new singles. The first single from the album, released shortly before the album itself, was the song “Kom No Disjka”. It was followed by two other singles. One of the other great songs on the album, however, was the melodic and powerful Folk-rock song “Fanitullen”. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC April 2019.

Gåte have been touring and promoting their new album and new songs in the past months and we will without doubt hear more from this talented and vibrant Norwegian Folk-rock band in the future.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #122 April 2019, called “Fanitullen” (or “Devil’s Tune” in English) is a new melodic and powerful Norwegian Folk-rock song co-written and performed by Gåte in Nynorsk (New Norwegian). In this very dark song, which bridges death and warfare in the past and present, they continue their musical journey into Norwegian folklore. The song is driven by the Norwegian national violin-instrument called ‘Hardingfele’ (Hardanger fiddle). The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Gåte again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the New Norwegian (Nynorsk) lyrics for the song and a translation into English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for April!
tqcd9Op.png

yQwRxUC.gif

Gåte - Fanitullen

I desse traumetider kor makt i ørske rår / In these traumatic times where power wildly rules
Og ragnarok på nyom kan skapa pinekår / And chaos all around can create times of poverty
Der menneske som jotnar kan kjempe gudar ned / Where humans and giants can defeat gods
Og berre domedagen kan gjeva varig fred / And only Judgment Day can give eternal peace

Står det eit blodig brudlaup på denne vesle jord / Is there a bloody wedding on this small earth
Der mørkemakter kjempar mot dei som er av sol / Where forces of Darkness fight the Light
Og fatige må lide for dei som har det flott / And the poor have to suffer for the rich to prevail
Frå livsens mørke-kjellar det lydest enn ein slått / From life’s dark well a Devil’s Tune sounds

Der svik og svartsjuke er som grøde / Where betrayal and plague fester
Som veks av udådar, drap og døde / Growing from bad deeds, murder and death
Der hat og rovlysten ligg på lur / Where hate and predators lie in wait
Og valdar livet bak lås og mur / And destroy life behind locked doors and walls

Der lyder slåtten av skrik og pine / There the Devil’s Tune sounds with screams and pain
Frå spelemannen i blåne-skinet / From the fiddle player in the blue sight of the moon
Om noko lukkast og står til liv / If anything succeeds and brings life
Den aggen atter til vanvet driv / It returns to bring everything to madness

Det bit og knasar i bein og krafsar / It bites and crunches bones and scratches
Med kjøtermunnar som blodet slafsar / With mouths of beasts devouring the blood
Av heilt uskuldige, tekne att / Of innocents that are taken again
Og strupekvelte i ævig natt / And strangled in the eternal black night

Den må seg fredlaus til grava slepa / He must desparing drag himself to the grave
Som søkjer sæla i det å drepa / Seeking to know the reason for these murders
Kvar gong ein kvitkledd er kjempa ned / Every time a person of Light is defeated
Da finn den svarte i slåtten fred / Then the Devil find’s peace in his Devil’s Tune

I desse traumetider kor makt i ørske rår / In these traumatic times where power wildly rules
Og ragnarok på nyom kan skapa pinekår / And chaos all around can create times of poverty
Der menneske som jotnar kan kjempe gudar ned / Where humans and giants can defeat gods
Og berre domedagen kan gjeva varig fred / And only Judgment Day can give eternal peace

Står det eit blodig brudlaup på denne vesle jord / Is there a bloody wedding on this small earth
Der mørkemakter kjempar mot dei som er av sol / Where forces of Darkness fight the Light
Og fatige må lide for dei som har det flott / And the poor have to suffer for the rich to prevail
Frå livsens mørke-kjellar det lydest enn ein slått / From life’s dark well a Devil’s Tune sounds

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

hawadharma

BountifulSardonicGoldeneye-max-1mb.gif

FSC MALAYSIA
APRIL 2019

original.jpg

Artist | STACY
Song | "RAJA" ("KING")

Lyrics | English Translation

In this chilly night, a desire arises
It makes me nearly crazy
I'm still imagining our dreams yesterday
I became crazier

Bridge:
I'm thirsty for your touch,
because this longing is burning
Just say that you feel the same

Chorus:
Hey dear, don't be shy
If you want it, just tell me
Only you, reigns in my heart
You, are the king in my heart eternally
Only you, rules in this kingdom,
Because you're the king

All your wishes I'll try to fulfil
I'm crazy for your namesake

(repeat Bridge)
(repeat Chorus)

Build me a castle, where I can pamper you
Build me a castle, where I'm the Queen
And you're the king

(repeat Chorus)

O-oh-o-oh-o-oh
Rules in this kingdom
Because you're the king

Bonus | Live Version of "Raja"

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#122 - April 2019

:se: SWEDEN :se:

Smith & Thell
(feat. Swedish Jam Factory)

Forgive Me Friend

5xn5t3.jpg

PRESENTATION:

This edition marks Sweden's 100th entry to the FSC (my 73rd) and to celebrate that we are sending the catchy Swedish-styled Country-folk-Indie-Pop track Forgive Me Friend performed by the duo Smith & Thell. The duo, consisting of singer/songwriters Maria Jane Smith and Victor Thell, debuted back in 2012 with the EDM-Pop track Kill It With Love, which would be followed by some stand-alone singles as well as songwriting and producing credits for other artists including the Melodifestivalen entries Groupie (performed by the duo Samir & Victor in the 2015 contest) and Human (performed by Victor Zia in the 2016 edition).

The duo's fourth single, and first single taken from their 2017 debut album Soulprints, titled Statue (The Pills Song) got released in 2015, but except for some commercial success working for other artists, the duo would have their own breakthrough as a music act with Forgive Me Friend in 2018, which also was the first release from their EP Telephone Wires released in November of that year. The song became a radio hit in Sweden and peaked within the top. 10 on the Official Swedish Singles Charts and has lately started to gain interest internationally being added to radio playlists outside of Sweden and just recently debuted in the top.40 on the US Billboard Alternative chart.

LYRICS:

JSSArcos

:pt: FSC#122 Portugal :pt:
Artist- Diogo Piçarra
Song-
O meu país

Diogo
Miguel Ramires Piçarra (born 19 October 1990) is a Portuguese singer. He won the fifth season of the Portuguese version of Pop Idol in 2012.

Diogo Piçarra was born in Faro. As a 17-year old, he formed the band "Fora da Bóia". While studying at the University of Algarve, he took a semester abroad to pursue his studies at Palacký University in the Czech Republic.

In 2009, Piçarra competed on season three of Ídolos, Portugal's version of Pop Idol. He got to the piano phase of the competition and was eliminated. In 2010, he participated in the music TV contest Operação Triunfo, but did not get through to the first round. In 2012, he tried for the third time and won season five of Ídolos. As a prize, he won a car and a scholarship to a music course in London.

He released his first album, Espelho, in March 2015, which debuted at number one on the Portuguese music charts. In the end of March 2017, he released his second album, do=s, collaborating with artists such as Valas on "Ponto de Partida" and April Ivy on "Não Sou Eu".

In 2017, he tattooed the face of the late Chester Bennington from Linkin Park on his leg to pay homage to him, stating that this was one of his childhood heroes.

In January 2018, it was announced that Piçarra would participate in Festival da Canção 2018, singing a song that he composed, called "Canção do Fim". This was his first attempt at this competition, which allows the winner to participate in Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon.Days before the Grand Final of Festival da Canção 2018, and after winning the second semi-final with the maximum score, he decided to leave the competition, due to accusations that he had plagiarised "Open Your Eyes", a 1976 song performed by the Maranatha Singers

"O meu país" is the official song of the movie " Portugal Is Not For Sale " ...The lyrics talks about people having to leave the country to look for better conditions of life
:)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC #123 May 2019 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - May 2019 - Secret Garden - The Voyage

N3zp7cD.jpg

Representing Norway in May 2019, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 5 years, is the Norwegian-Irish Neo-Classical ESC-winners from 1995 Secret Garden. Here is some more information about them.

Secret Garden consists of Rolf Løvland (the Norwegian composer/pianist and Nexus of the duo) and Fionnuala Sherry (Irish violinist) on violin. The duo is based in Norway and has been so from the beginning. With 3-4 million albums sold worldwide they are considered one of the most successful and influential Norwegian groups/musical projects of all time.

Rolf Løvland - born in Kristiansand, Norway in 1955 - was Norway’s perhaps most successful commercial pop-music composer in the 1980s. He wrote many MGP-songs for other artists, including the Norwegian 1985 Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) winner “La Det Swinge” performed by Bobbysocks. He received several national music awards for his work. In the early 1990s he decided to try something different, and so he started the musical project called Secret Garden, together with the Irish violinist Fionnuala Sherry (born in 1963).

Fionnuala’s violin-playing started at an early age. She graduated with honours from the Music of Trinity College in Dublin. Her professional career started with a 10-year stint as a member of the RTÉ Concert Orchestra. She has worked with many musicians (incl. Sinéad O'Connor and Bono). She has also recorded Hollywood film scores with the Irish Film Orchestra. Her instrument of choice is an English John E Betts violin from 1790, with a Hill bow.

With Secret Garden Rolf Løvland wished to make music that was close to his heart: Neo-Classical, Celtic-inspired instrumental music. And so the story of Secret Garden had begun.

Secret Garden made history by winning the ESC in 1995 with "Nocturne", an instrumental melody which had 24 words added to the beginning of the song. In the 40-year history of the ESC an instrumental piece had never previously won. It was a piece of music so stylistically removed from the common “ESC format”, that the press stated: "Secret Garden has redefined the Eurovision Song Contest”.

This surprise victory at the ESC was the ultimate showcase that successfully launched their first album “Songs from a Secret Garden”. It was released around the globe, including Europe, USA/Canada, Australia and Asia. This was an historic event for a Norwegian artist/group and record company, who for the first time had produced a worldwide release with sales of more than a million. Many international awards followed, and the album stayed an impressive 2 years (101 weeks) in the Billboard New Age charts in the USA.

In the years that followed Secret Garden released several popular albums, among them “White Stones” (1997), “Dawn of a New Century” (1999) and “Once in a Red Moon” (2002) which contained their huge hit “You Raise Me Up” (ft. Irish Brian Kennedy on vocals) which went on to be recorded in over 40 versions worldwide.

Secret Garden: Discography

Songs from a Secret Garden (1996)
White Stones (1997)
Dawn of a New Century (1999)
Dreamcatcher: Best of Secret Garden (2000/2001)
Once in a Red Moon (2002)
Earthsongs (2005)
Inside I'm Singing (2007)
Winter Poem (2011)
Just The Two Of Us (2013)
Storyteller (April 2019)

In 2007 the album “Inside I'm Singing” was released, which differed in the way that all songs were with vocals performed by well known singers. In 2011 the album “Winter Poem” was released, and it included the song “The Dream” (ft. Irish Clannad-singer Moya Brennan on vocals), which was the Norwegian FSC-entry in December 2011, and “Lament For A Frozen Flower”, which was the Norwegian FSC-entry in May 2012. In 2013 they released the album “Just The Two Of Us”, a ‘stripped down’ version of their sound, which included the beautiful song “En Passant” which was the Norwegian FSC-entry in May 2014.

In the years that followed Secret Garden focused on side-projects and tours/concerts around the world, including several visits to Asia and China, but in 2018 they began to work on new songs for an album planned for release in 2019. This new album was finally released on 26th April 2019, called “Storyteller”, and it was preceeded by a couple of singles (“Strength” and “The Pilot”) in early 2019. Another great piece of beautiful Neo-classical instrumental music on the album is the song “The Voyage”. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC May 2019.

Secret Garden will promote their new album in the coming months, with new concerts planned around the world, and their beautiful, soul-soothing, relaxing and melodic Neo-classical (sometimes also termed New Age) instrumental music will for sure continue to mesmerize their many fans all over the world in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #123 May 2019, called “The Voyage” is a beautiful melodic Neo-classical instrumental song written by Rolf Løvland and performed by Secret Garden. Let this beautiful, relaxing music soothe your soul. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Secret Garden again in the FSC for Norway.

yQwRxUC.gif

Secret Garden - The Voyage

pRcF7Sf.jpg

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

theditz83

Veteran
uk-union-jack-flag-waving-animated-gif-17.gif

MAY 2019 ENTRY: Callum Beattie - Connection

I'm honoured to present to you all the May 2019 entry from the UK jury. With such a strong group of male soloists enjoying success these days - from George Ezra to Rag 'n' Bone Man to Tom Walker and the ever-popular Sam Smith, we are delighted to present to you another bright and talented male soloist that hails from my part of the beautiful UK - Bonnie Scotland!

Callum Beattie was born in Edinburgh and cites his influences and musical likes as being diverse and wide-ranging - from Bruce Springsteen and Stereophonics to Kylie Minogue!

Our entry is his most recent single "Connection" is an infectious guitar pop ditty with a quirky video showing the interlinked nature of human contact. We hope that you enjoy it!!

Thanks,
Ashley & Gary xheart :uk:

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#123 - May 2019

FELIX SANDMAN
IMPRINT

10wtcvp.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this May edition, Sweden is sending the 20-year old singer and actor Felix Sandman with the well produced, fresh and catchy urban-inspired Pop entry Imprint, the second single released from the singer's 2018- solo debut album EMOTIONS.

For fans of the Swedish national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest; Melodifestivalen, Sandman might be best remembered for his runner-up entry Every Single Day from the 2018-edition, which would also become his first, and so far only, chart-topper on the official Swedish Singles charts. The song was later on followed up by the 2018- stand-alone single Tror du att han bryr sig? (Do You Think He Cares?), a duet between Sandman and the winner of Melodifestivalen 2018 and Swedish entrant to the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 Benjamin Ingrosso, which charted in the top. 10 on the Swedish Singles charts.

Sandman started out as part of the boyband trio FO&O back in 2013, and together with fellow members Oscar Enestad and Omar Rudberg, the group came to release two studio albums and also managed to qualify to the finals of Melodifestivalen 2017 with the entry Gotta Thing About You before the trio broke-up late that same year.

Sandman can currently be seen playing one of the lead characters in the first Swedish Netflix original series titled Quicksand [swe: Störst av allt (Biggest of All)], and he also just recently released his first single taken from his upcoming follow-up solo album.

LYRICS:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC #124 June 2019 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - June 2019 - Sirenia - Love Like Cyanide

y6iqvQc.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC June 2019, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 7 months, is the famous Norwegian Symphonic Metal-band Sirenia. Here is some more information about them.

Sirenia, named after the Sirens of Greek mythology, was founded in 2001 by the Norwegian musician Morten Veland (who also has a one-man Metal-band called Mortemia), after he left the Norwegian Gothic Metal band Tristania due to musical disagreements and personal differences.

The band has had several changes in members over the years, but the current members of Sirenia are:

Morten Veland (band founder; songwriter, guitar, male growl vocals, synth-programming)
Jan Erik Soltvedt (guitar)
Nils Courbaron (guitar)
Emmanuelle Zoldan (female vocals)

Their 1st album was “At Sixes and Sevens” in 2002. Sirenia’s 2nd album “An Elixir For Existence” came in 2004 plus one EP “Sirenian Shores” also in 2004. For these albums Sirenia recruited the Norwegian singer Henriette Bordvik. Sirenia sounded on their first albums like a mixture of hard Goth Metal/Rock with Symphonic and also Black/Death metal elements.

Their album “Nine Destinies and a Downfall” was released in February 2007. This album had a ‘softer’ Symphonic Rock/Metal sound and Sirenia introduced a new female singer, Danish Monika Pedersen, after Henriette Bordvik left. In 2009 they released an album called “The 13th Floor”. With this album Sirenia once again changed female vocalist, Spanish Ailyn taking over.

In 2011 Sirenia released a new album “The Enigma of Life”. It included “All My Dreams”, the Norwegian entry in FSC March 2011, and “Fading Star”, the Norwegian entry in FSC August 2011. In May 2013 a powerful and epic Symphonic Metal song called “Seven Widows Weep” was released as a new single. It became the Norwegian entry in FSC August 2013. The new album “Perils of the Deep Blue” was released in June 2013. It included also the melodic Metal-song “My Destiny Coming To Pass” which became the Norwegian entry in FSC February 2014.

The 2015-album “The Seventh Life Path” was released in May 2015. It included the Symphonic ‘Gothic’ Metal song “Serpent” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC June 2015. In August 2016 Ailyn left Sirenia and they chose Emmanuelle Zoldan, an opera-trained and -educated singer who they had worked with for long (in the Sirenia choir), as her replacement.

Sirenia worked on a new album in 2016 and a first single ,“The 12th Hour”, was released in October 2016. It was followed in early November 2016 by the title-track “Dim Days of Dolor”. This became the Norwegian entry in FSC October 2017. The album “Dim Days of Dolor” was released in November 2016 and also included the powerful epic song “Goddess of the Sea” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC December 2016.

In 2018 Sirenia worked on music for a new album and the first single, called ‘Love Like Cyanide’, was released in September 2018. The new album itself, named ‘Arcane Astral Aeons’, was finally released on 26th October 2018 to general critical- and fan-acclaim. It included among its 12 tracks the melodic Symphonic Metal-song ‘Into The Night’, which was the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2018, as well as 2 versions of ‘Love Like Cyanide’ (a full version and a shorter radio-edit). ‘Love Like Cyanide’ (in its radio-edit version) is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC June 2019.

Sirenia have been touring Europe in the past 6 months promoting their new album and will continue to do gigs also this summer. As the only Norwegian quality Symphonic/Gothic Metal band still active, Metal-fans in Norway and abroad hope this band will continue to mesmerize with their epic Symphonic music for many years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #124 June 2019, called “Love Like Cyanide”, is another great catchy and energetic Symphonic Power Metal-banger by Norwegian Metal band Sirenia. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Sirenia again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the English lyrics for the song. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for June!
tqcd9Op.png

yQwRxUC.gif

Sirenia - Love Like Cyanide

Can't you see, tell me why
You still linger in a world of strife
Your heart bleeds, you're dead inside
Love to you is like cyanide

Here we go, once again
Nothing's changed, all remains the same
Sharpened words cut like knives
In this state where only frenzy thrives

Can't find a way
(We're all lost anyway)
Every day's the same
(We are all broken)

Come undone, fallen one
Your spirit and your hope's long gone
Battles lost, none are won
You're hailing from a broken home

Can't find your way
(We're all lost anyway)
Different day, same pain
(We are all broken)

-CHOIR-

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

honzak11

:cz: :cz: CZECH REPUBLIC :cz: :cz:

Entry for FSC #124 - Mikolas Josef ft. Fito Blanko & Frankie J:
Acapella

NHO7b85f8_8.jpg

Do I even need to introduce Mikolas?

Mikolas Josef, born on 4 October 1995, is a Czech singer, songwriter, music producer, music video director, and choreographer. He represented the Czech Republic in the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal, with the song "Lie to Me", reaching sixth place. Mikolas is the most successful Czech entrant to date in Eurovision history. In April 2018, he signed an international recording contract with Sony Music and RCA Records. His singles include:
  • "Hands Bloody" - 2015
  • "Free" - 2016
  • "Believe (Hey Hey)" - 2016
  • "Lie to Me" - 2017
  • "Me Gusta" - 2018
  • "Abu Dhabi" - 2019
  • "Acapella" - 2019

SURPRISE! What you might have not known yet about Mikolas....
  • In 2017, Mikolas Josef was offered by the Czech Eurovision broadcaster to sing a song "My Turn" - CAN YOU IMAGINE!? xdoh The song was later performed on the Eurovision stage by Martina Barta (remember the performace? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KT8_ZOHAXE ). Mikolas refused to sing this song and waited one more year to perform at Eurovision 2018.
  • Mikolas Josef is actually his stage name. His real, full name is Mikoláš Josef Čapoun which should correctly be pronounced as ['mikolaːʃ 'jozef 'tʃaːpoun]. Interestingly enough, not even Czechs pronounce his name this way and stick to the stage name Mikolas Josef.
  • His first single Hands Bloody, where he sets school on fire, conveys his feelings as a school boy when he suffered from sociophobia and low self-confidence, and "fairly dark thoughts were crossing his mind".

Lyrics

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#124 - June 2019

Tungevaag & Raaban
(feat. Luana Kiara)

Bad Boy

n2od9w.jpg

PRESENTATION:

Summer has finally arrived (on the Northern hemisphere that is) and to get into the right summertime groove, Sweden is sending the catchy and modern dancehall-vibed-EDM-bop Bad Boy by the Swedish-Norwegian DJ/producer EDM act Tungevaag & Raaban with vocals by Swedish/Gambian singer and newcomer Luana Kiara.

The duo consists of 32-year old Swedish DJ/Producer Robbin Raaban Söderlund and 25-year old Norwegian DJ/Producer Martin Tungevaag. Söderlund started out as one part of the Swedish novelty Eurodance duo-act Laser Inc, that managed a one-hit-wonder back in 2007 with their debut single Det var en gång en liten fågel (There was once a little bird), followed up by their first and only album release Roger That! in 2009.
Martin Tungevaag debuted in 2014 with the solo single Wicked Wonderland, which became a top. 5 hit in both Sweden and Norway as well as charting in some other countries.

As a duo, they released their debut single Samsara, back in 2015, that became a chart hit in the Nordic countries, it's been then followed up by various singles with their latest top. 10 being All for Love released in 2018, later that year they also got a nomination for the MTV European Music Awards in the category Best Norwegian act.

LYRICS:

hawadharma

FSC#124 - June 2019

:my: MALAYSIA :my:

Andi Bernadee
"Satu Peluang" (One Chance)

500x500.jpg

OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO:

LYRICS:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC #125 July 2019 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - July 2019 - Kamferdrops - Fuck you, jag älskar dig

iGt4pbC.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC July 2019 is a New artist for Norway in the FSC, the talented Scandipop-artist Kamferdrops (alias Heidi Musum). Here is some more information about her.

Heidi Musum (born in Oslo, Norway 1993), better known by her stage name Kamferdrops, is a Norwegian singer, artist and songwriter. She first achieved recognition in Sweden and Norway in 2017, after her cover of Ole Ivars and Kikki Danielsson's popular 1999 Swedish dansband/schlager-song "Jag trodde änglarna fanns" which became a number-two hit in Sweden and top forty hit in Norway, as well as the great achievement of being streamed on the internet several million times. She also released a cover-version of the famous Swedish hit “Tusen bitar” that same year.

Kamferdrops is known for almost always wearing a mask on stage and most often while making public appearances, and her songs are almost always sung in Swedish. These have become her trademarks. In fact, she appeared anonymous beneath her mask at the beginning of her career (also giving anonymous interviews to the press) and many in the public and media wondered what her real name was and who this new artist could be. Finally it was revealed who Kamferdrops were, Heidi Musum from Norway assisted by Kristoffer Tømmerbakke best known from the Norwegian rap-duo Erik & Kriss.

Heidi moved to Sweden in her teens to get into the music business and subsequently was picked up by Ten Music Group, a Swedish record company who also have famous Swedish singers like Zara Larsson among their artists. She released a debut-single “Do You See” in 2016 but first gained recognition in 2017 with the aforementioned Swedish cover-songs. More recently, in 2018 Kamferdrops competed in Melodifestivalen 2018 with the song "Solen lever kvar hos dig". She was eliminated after she placed sixth in the first semi-final but gained further recognition in Scandinavia and the song entered the Swedish singles charts though at the lower end.
In 2019 she released a new single in March, called “Ligga”, a popular Scandipop melody, and then in June 2019 she released her newest single, “Fuck you, jag älskar dig”, another catchy Scandipop summer-banger in the Swedish language. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC July 2019.

Kamferdrops has without doubt had the most success and publicity in Sweden so far, perhaps not surprisingly since her song material is mostly in Swedish and that is where she has lived and focused her career, but she is slowly building a reputation in her homeland Norway too and we will without doubt hear more from her in the years to come, here and elsewhere.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #125 July 2019, called “Fuck you, jag älskar dig” (“Fuck you, I love you”, in English), is a brand new and catchy Scandipop summer-banger, written by the Norwegian artist Kamferdrops herself (Heidi Musum) along with Kristoffer Tømmerbakke and Erik Smaaland, and performed in the Swedish language by Kamferdrops. This is the first Norwegian artist song ever in the FSC in our 10 years in the contest performed in Swedish, so it is unique in that regard. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Kamferdrops in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the Swedish lyrics for the song and a translation into English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for July!
tqcd9Op.png

yQwRxUC.gif

Kamferdrops - Fuck you, jag älskar dig

Vi är allt, vi är inget / We are everything, we are nothing
Vi är luft, vi är minnen / We are air, we are memories
Vi är slut, vi är för alltid / We are finished, we are forever (eternal)
Vi har tusen gånger till vi är aldrig / We have a thousand times ‘till we are no more

När världen sover och natt blir till dag / When the world sleeps and night turns into day
Är det alltid du och jag som är kvar / It is always you and I who are left
För inga andra har det vi har / ‘Cause no one else has what we have
När vi bråkar, vi längtar, vi ler / When we fight, when we are longing, when we laugh

Vi åker inte hem tills det blivit dag igen / We don’t go home before it is day again
Vi ska brinna ned hela himmelen / We are going to burn down the whole sky
Du gör mig galen, du är inget bra för mig / You make me crazy, you are no good for me
Så fuck you, baby, jag älskar dig / So fuck you, baby, I love you

När världen sover och natt blir till dag / When the world sleeps and night turns into day
Du gör mig galen, du är inget bra för mig / You make me crazy, you are no good for me

Vi är här, vi är drömmar / We are here, we are dreams
Vi är hela, vi är sönder / We are whole, we are broken
Vi är slut, vi är för alltid / We are over, we are forever (eternal)
Vi har tusen gånger till vi är aldrig / We have a thousand times ‘till we are no more

När vi bråkar, vi längtar, vi ler / When we fight, when we are longing, when we laugh

Vi åker inte hem tills det blivit dag igen / We don’t go home before it is day again

Åker inte hem tills det blivit dag igen / Don’t go home before it is day again

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#125 - July 2019

Molly Sandén
Det bästa kanske inte hänt än

rwtaa9.jpg

After achieving Sweden's first victory in the FSC 7.5 years ago with the entry Spread a Little Light, singer Molly Sandén is back in the contest for the second time with her brand new single Det bästa kanske inte hänt än (The Best May Not Have Happened Yet). This catchy uptempo Swedish-language Pop song, which incorporates subtle club vibes, is the second single released from Sandén's fourth studio album (titled the same as this entry) and lyrically takes on the topic of moving on from a relationship that isn't working any longer.

Sandén's first rise to fame came through her participation in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2006 at the age of 14 where she ended up third with the entry Det finaste någon kan få (The Prettiest Anyone Could Get), which remains Sweden's best position in the contest that Sweden withdrew from in 2015 and has yet to come back to. Sandén's younger sisters Frida and Mimmi also entered the contest the following editions.

In 2009 Sandén qualified to the finals of the Swedish selection to the Eurovision Song Contest; Melodifestivalen with the entry Så vill stjärnorna (So Want the Stars), which was followed by the release of her debut album Samma himmel (Same Heaven) in the same year. In 2012 Sandén entered the selection again and ended up fifth in the final with the entry Why Am I Crying which became her first single to chart within the top. 10 on the official Swedish Singles Chart. In 2012 she also released her follow-up studio album, and so far only English language full album, Unchained which managed to top the Swedish albums chart. Sandén released the EP Like No One's Watching in 2015 which included the 2014 release Freak as well as the single Phoenix. In 2016 Sandén entered Melodifestivalen for a third time with the entry Youniverse which also managed to qualify her to the finals as well as giving her a second top. 10 single.

In 2017 Sandén came back to the Swedish language with a more matured style and urban-oriented sound with the singles Rygg mot rygg (Back Against Back) and Utan dig (Without You) which later on were followed by her third album release Större (Larger) in 2018 and the single Sand.

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
110.png

LYRICS

Same eyes, complexion
No love or affection
Same time, same place
But you don't recognise my face
I'm mad, you're crazy
Treat me like your baby
No change, no change at all

Yeah, I've been through some phases and they've only tainted my view
We got similar faces but I don't feel nothing like you

I'm not waiting for you to cure, you to heal me
I'm not waiting for, for your love
You can keep it
I'm not waiting for you to come back
For you to let me down like that
I'm not waiting for you to cure
I don't need it

Grew harder, found laughter
Found peace in all the cracks, oh
Disaster, I happened
I matter

No, no, you couldn't manage
You saw me as baggage, as deadweight
Now the tables are turning
Our bridges are burning
It's too late
Though the tears are still coming out, I found the courage
There's no hate

You can keep it
I don't need it

Taking me back to the way we were
'Cause of you, I know what I deserve
Always the cause when I lost my nerve
No more

You can keep it
You can keep it
I don't need it

hawadharma

QZ2SRSE.jpg

LYRICS

If I were to steal all the time that we've been given
I swear I won't waste not even a single moment
But to be in your arms while we still got the chance
Cause missing you like this it hurts so bad

I see myself dying every time I watch you going
But there's nothing I could do to change your last decision
I keep asking myself what I'm doing here
Cause things won't go the way I always wanted

Bridge:
You told me that I'm your everything
But can't you stay and keep fighting for me
Why, baby why

Chorus:
Guess I'll be living in your shadow,
Forever you'll be my halo,
I want you..you..
Shadow
Forever you'll be my halo,
I want you..you..

If I would've missed all the chances we've been given,
Know I'd be living in the world so miserable,
Yes I am without you,
Yes I do without you

(bridge)
(chorus)

You knew it's gonna hurt me so bad
But why you keep asking me to stay strong for us
As if there's still hope for us
You left me hanging over your text
I feel like I'd die till the day you're fully mine

(chorus 2x)

honzak11

:cz: :cz: CZECH REPUBLIC :cz: :cz:

Entry for FSC #125 - Matt Pardus & BRGR:
Jsem mnou

2-121.jpg

Matěj Kubec (performing as "Matt Pardus") is a Czech singer, songwriter, choreograph and influencer. Since a very young age he has put all of his talent and enthusiasm into music and dancing.

He has been playing the piano which gave him musical grounding. Although he's been active in all sorts of musical projects, he is most widely known as a dancer, choreographer and lecturer since he was 16. Regarding his musical endeavours, he was part of a r'n'b / hiphop group called Red Team, which was performing all over the Czech Republic.

After that as a solo artist, he collaborated with many artists more widely known in his home country, the Czech Republic. In the summer 2009, he wrote a song for a band Asia Dalmateens called Kill The Boys. In 2010, Matt released his first single called "Leto", which was his duet with the queen of the Czech r'n'b Victoria. The song was already recorded in 2008 but released 3 years later.

In 2011 Matt was part of the Czech & Slovak Idol where he reached semi-finals. He was opening for Kosheen in Prague too.
He is currently performing with his dancing group JustIncredible Team and on new songs, experimenting and finding his own sound.

About the song...
The song "Jsem mnou" is a collaboration of Matt and a Filipino producer BRGR who works in the US. Matt and BRGR met in London though. It is a motivational song that encourages anyone regardless of age to pursue what they like to do and enjoy doing. Matt revelas that this song sescribes what he's currently going through in his life.

Lyrics // My amateur translation

Nekdy je lehci mit hlavu sklonenou // Sometimes it's easier to bow your head
A poslouchat slova ktery zabolej // and listen to the words that hurt
To znam // I know this

Ale vzpominky my mi pripomenou // But my memories will remind me
tu cestu, na kterou nikdy nejsem sam // of the journey on which I am not alone

Ale kdyz bezim, letim zivotem svym, // But when I run and fly through my life
obcas zapominam, kym doopravdy se stavam // sometimes I forget who I actually become
Nekdy zapomenout nechci odkud vysel jsem a kam // Sometimes I don't want to forget where I came from and where I'm heading to
ze jsem to stale ja // that this is still me
ze navzdy budu zit se sebou // that I'll always be living with myself

Jsem mnou // I'm myself
Jsem mnou // I'm myself

Uz neveris sobe ani sile svy // You don't believe in yourself nor in your power anymore
slova nikdy a nezvladnu vitezi // the words "never" and "I can't do" are winning
To znam // I know this.

Ale na co myslis, v to veris, to se skutecnosti stava // But what you are thinking of is what you believe in and that becomes reality
nesmis se bat, vstat, chtit a davat // you should not be worried to get up, to want and to give

Ale kdyz bezim, letim zivotem svym, // But when I run and fly through my life
obcas zapominam, kym doopravdy se stavam // sometimes I forget who I actually become
Nekdy zapomenout nechci odkud vysel jsem a kam // Sometimes I don't want to forget where I came from and where I'm heading to
ze jsem to stale ja // that this is still me
ze navzdy budu zit se sebou // that I'll always be living with myself

Jsem mnou // I'm myself
Jsem mnou // I'm myself
Jsem mnou // I'm myself
Jsem mnou // I'm myself
Jsem mnou // I'm myself
Jsem mnou // I'm myself

Top Bottom