Contact us

FSC Portugal

eerik

I would recommend you to look at the sources of other wiki pages and copy the necessary lines. Wiki doesn't have a proper visual editor, so most of the design work must be done in source mode. It can be annoying 'trial and error' method, but that's what I've done with Estonia's wikia page.

Edward

Somehow that makes it easier for me then. Cheers. I shall make the page more complete and better looking when I find myself with a little more time for it, so hopefully tomorrow.

Edward

Ok, I got started with filling in information about the past of my country in FSC. However I'd like some help from someone who's been here from the beginning and/or has a good memory. First off, who was the forum member responsible for the first entry (FSC 03)? I did a very quick search on this and couldn't find the thread for that edition. Secondly, who sent our entry for last year's October edition? It wasn't posted around the private forum so hopefully the mod responsible for that edition remembers who sent him a PM back then. Lastly I'd like to check with users who've been around here for longer to see if the last part info in which I name the "Users behind the Portuguese stints in FSC" is correct.

More updates on the other parts of the wikia to come soon :)

FSC Portugal - Esctoday.com Forum Song Contest Wiki

Edward

Wikia considerably shortened and updated. If anyone can help with adding some 6 more lines to the table it would be appreciated.

JSSArcos

I do not believe 5 place !!! On my first time and I soon got a 5 place !!! The 2 best result in the history of Portugal ...

Thanks to all who voted in Portugal

:12::pl: :bg: xheartxheartxheart

:10::tr:

:8::es: :it:

:7::mx: :se: :ua:

:6::lv:

:5::id:

:4:

:3::no: :ch: :ro: :nl: :ca:

:2:

:1::hr: :us:

I remember the music that represented Portugal in this edition

JSSArcos

At FSC # 101 they want me to send a song)

A) In Portuguese
B) In English
C) No matter the language, what matters is to be good :lol::lol:

* Vote,Thank youxheya

honzak11

At FSC # 101 they want me to send a song)

A) In Portuguese
B) In English
C) No matter the language, what matters is to be good :lol::lol:

* Vote,Thank youxheya

To me personally, the language does not matter much. I think that both english and non-english songs can do equally well :-) In contrast to the Czech language, you have the advantage that Portuguese sounds very nice to foreigners. Even though most of the foreigners don't understand a thing, it's still pleasant to listen it. ;) Good luck:p

JSSArcos

To me personally, the language does not matter much. I ;);) that both english and non-english songs can do equally well :-) In contrast to the Czech language, you have the advantage that Portuguese sounds very nice to foreigners. Even though most of the foreigners don't understand a thing, it's still pleasant to listen it. ;) Good luck:p

Thank you, now congratulations on the 4th place achieved;);)

JSSArcos

Aftermath of FSC # 99

Thanks to all who voted in Portugal

99 Pointsxheyaxheya (5 Place)
:12:-:pl: :bg: xheartxheartxheart
:10:-:tr:
:8:-:es: :it:
:7:-:mx: :se: :ua:
:6:-:lv:
:5:-:id:
:3:-:no: :ch: :ro: :nl: :ca:
:1:-:hr: :us:
Congratulations to the winner:se:, But also to the remaining top 5 :au::gr::cz: ;);)

Historical data

It was my first time in the contest,I loved.

Portugal has participated 33 times in FSC,(With this edition 34 times).

Portugal that returned to the contest in the edition # 99, the last one that had been present was in FSC # 83.(16 editions have passed but now portugal is back).

Facts of the result

It was the second best result of the history of Portugal in the FSC,(Best in FSC 53 (first place).

Still can not believe that in my first time that I participated I obtained the second best result in the history of Portugal.

Thank you allxheartxheart ,I hope to keep good results.Good luck to the next edition ;);)

JSSArcos

portugalconletrascopia.jpg

FSC #100
Amor Electro Mar Salgado
amor-electro.jpg

Amor Electro is a Portuguese pop band formed in Lisboa in 2010. The group consists of Marisa Liz (vocalist), Tiago Pais Dias (guitar and multi-instrumentalist), Ricardo Vasconcelos (keyboards) and Rui Rechena (bass). (On live concerts they have Lito Pedreira as drums player.)They blend pop music (with some electronic elements) with Portuguese traditional music, using some typical instruments like the accordion and Portuguese guitar

Lyrics (English):

Almost close
Almost even love
Almost certain
I already feel the taste
I no longer sleep
I don't even speak of pain
I awake
I already see the heat

I know by heart the pleasure of coming back
It's with you after all
I will loose myself for once shamelessly
I already see love

Chorus
Fall into this hug that is only yours
It's so strong my desire
Salty sea in my kiss
Come, pretend you're only mine
From a goodbye which isn't found
Salty sea of revolt

Almost close
Almost traveling
Uncertain diving
Ready to breathe

I know by heart the pleasure of coming back
It's with you after all
I will loose myself for once shamelessly
I already see love

Chorus
Fall into this hug that is only yours
It's so strong my desire
Salty sea in my kiss
Come, pretend you're only mine
From a goodbye which isn't found
Salty sea of revolt​

I hope you like it;);)xup

Good Luck;););)

JSSArcos

Aftermath of FSC # 100

Thanks to all who voted in Portugal xheartxheartxheart

67 Points (8 Place ) xupxupxyes

:12: :nl: xheartxheartxheart
:10: :au: :pl:
:8: :za:
:6: :es:
:5: :ie: :lv: :cz:
:3: :gr:
:2::ch:
:1::ph:

Congratulations to the winner:nl:, But also to the remaining top 5 :fi::uk::au::il: x12s:);)

Historical data

It was the second time that I participated
Portugal has participated 42 times in FSC,(With this edition 43 times).

Facts of the result

It was the 4 best result in the history of portugal
In the two editions that participated, I entered both times for the Top 10 (the first time in the history of portugal)

Thank you all ,I hope to keep good results.Good luck to the next edition :)

JSSArcos

PORTUGAL.png

FSC#101
AGIR - Manto de Água feat. Ana Moura

Agir-Ana-Moura.jpg

Ana Moura
Ana Cláudia Moura Pereira (Santarém, September 17, 1979 is a Portuguese fado singer. Considered to be the most successful and award-winning fado singer of the 21st century Ana Moura has sold more than one million albums worldwide, being one of the records of record sales in Portugal. Ana Moura (born 1979) is an internationally recognized Portuguese fado singer, and the youngest fadista to be nominated for a Dutch Edison Award.

Agir

Bernardo Ribeiro Correia de Carvalho Costa, better known as Agir (Lisbon, March 18, 1988), is a Portuguese musician, Bernardo Costa was born in Lisbon, son of singer Paulo de Carvalho and actress Helena Isabel. He began his musical career at age 12, singing, playing, composing and producing his own music, which he made available free of charge on the internet. He spent two years on tour with his father. "Since I was very young, I was forced to listen to music because of my father. I like to sing and play a lot, and at 12 I started to record my own music," he says.

I hope you like it xlovexlove

Good luck ;);)xup

Greetings

JSSArcos

Statistics of Portugal

All of Portugal stats FSC, starting from FSC # 98 xupxup

statistics-stat-stats-analytics-ss-1920.jpg

I hope you like it xupxup

JSSArcos

Re: Statistics of Portugal

Points given in FSC# 98,99,100,101.

SnQ1F6o.jpg

In the next edition I update the images.Will it be that Norway leaves the first place xthinkxthinkxthink

JSSArcos

Aftermath of FSC # 101

I just saw the show !! Thank you, fantastic show [MENTION=13133]aardvark[/MENTION] xclapxclapxbowxbow !! Congratulations [MENTION=13133]aardvark[/MENTION] xupxcheer (Your song was my 13th place) !!

38 Points xrofl (25 place)

:12::us:xshockxshockxheartxheartxbowxbowxbowxbowxbow
:10::cz:xlovexbowxbow
:8::ro:xlovexbow
:7:xwhistle
:6:xwhistle
:5:xwhistle
:4::ca::za: xlove
:3:xwhistle
:2:xwhistle
:1:xwhistle

25 place (at least it was not in the last placexrofl3), but for August comes something very special xshock1

JSSArcos

Re: Statistics of Portugal

Bcne6yU.png

Colorblind-Kika.jpg

Kika-Francisca Osorio de Castro (Porto, 1997), known by the stage name Kika, is a Portuguese singer. She appeared in the world of music in early 2013 with her hit "Guess It's Alright", produced by RedOne, one of the best known names in World of music, which has been number 1 for weeks at ITunes Portugal and also at the national top of AirPlay. A few months later, Kika released their debut album "Alive", which was also on the top of Itunes. His next project was a duet with John Mamann, an artist already established in France, called "Love Life". This subject that happened in the French radio arriving at the top of AirPlay of the Country.

I hope you enjoy !! xlovexup

Good luck !! xup

JSSArcos

For the next edition, some suggestion.Latin pop? Ballad? Folk Pop? Rock? Electronic ? Rap ? Traditional ? ....

JSSArcos

Aftermath of FSC # 101

I do not believe :eek:, I won the FSC xyaaay , Portugal won the FSC xheart.. I'm only 3 months at FSC xheya.

Thanks to all who voted in Portugal xheartxbowxrunhug (And there were many xwoo)

117 Points (1 Place) xbowxbow (I still can't believe)

:12::ch::es::rs: xlovexlovexlovexbowxbow
:10::nl:xyaaayxlovexbow
:8::dk::ua::pl: xyaaayxlove
:7::lv::my::cz:xheartxheartxheart
:6::tw::ro: xheartxheart
:5: :ca: xheart
:4::gr:xheart
:3::us:xheart
:2::az:xheart
:1:xwhistle
Congratulations to the winner :pt: :lol:, But also to the remaining top 5 :lv::hr::se::dk:x12s:);)

Here is a repetition of my votes

in90jsv.png

Time to reveal the 11 to 17 place (Not by order)
:us::ua::ch::ca::ro::pl::az:

Historical data

It was the fourth time that I participated
Portugal has participated 44 times in FSC

Facts of the result

It was the *1 best result in the history of portugal (*With the same place in FSC # 53)
In the fourth edition that participated, I entered three times in the Top 10 (the first time in the history of portugal)

JSSArcos

po9.gif

FSC#103
Blind Zero - "You Have Won"

You-Have-Won-Blind-Zero-700x700.jpg

Blind Zero are a Portuguese rock band from the city of Porto. They won the 2003 MTV Europe Music Award for the Best Portuguese Act.

History

Blind Zero started out 1994 releasing their first EP, Recognize (1995), which sold out in nine days, and is today a collection item. The first album Trigger (1995), was produced by Ronnie S. Champagne (an L.A. producer who had previously worked with bands such as Jane's Addiction, Alice in Chains, Remy Zero and Deconstruction). It was the first rock album by a Portuguese band to reach the gold label.In 1996, Blind Zero revealed a new sound with the Flexogravity EP, a very experimental record with a fusion of sounds, shared with a hip-hop band from Porto, Mind da Gap. This was considered by many the EP of the year.Also in 1996, the band recorded an acoustic album, Transradio, one of the first Enhanced CDs (CD Extra) in Europe. The album was recorded live at Antena 3 radio. Months later they were invited to participate in SCYPE (Song Contest for Youth Programs in Europe), a festival gathering bands from all over Europe. They recorded a new original song, "My House", and won the contest.In 1997, Blind Zero recorded Redcoast, the second album of originals produced by Michael Vail Blum (an American producer who had worked with Suicidal Tendencies, Madonna, Roxy Music, 3T, Tura Satana, Goo Goo Dolls, and Jewel). Redcoast was produced at Sony Music/New York studios by Grammy Award winner Mark Wilder.In 1998, they recorded with Mário Caldato the song "The Wire", and spent 1999 working on their third album, One Silent Accident, which was released in 2000 and produced by Don Fleming (Sonic Youth, Hole, Posies, Screaming Trees, Teenage Fan Club, Gumball, and Alice Cooper).In 2002, they recorded one of the most famous songs by David Bowie, "Heroes".In January 2003, they started recording A Way to Bleed your Lover, produced by Mário Barreiros (Clã, Ornatos Violeta, Pedro Abrunhosa), adding a new member to the band, Miguel Ferreira. The album also contained contributions by Jorge Palma and Dana Colley (Twinmen/ex-Morphine). In May 2003, Blind Zero were invited by MTV to perform live in Milan, as part of the initiative of launching MTV Portugal. Later that year they won the "Best Portuguese Act" award at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2003 in Edinburgh, becoming the first Portuguese band to receive an award by MTV. In December, the specialized press considered A Way to Bleed your Lover the best album of the year in Portugal.In 2005 they released The night before and a new day with Pedro Vidal (ex-Stealing Orchestra) as a member, replacing Marco Nunes on solo guitar.In 2007 they released Time Machine (memories undone), a best of Blind Zero unplugged album, associated with their 13th anniversary.In 2010, the album Luna Park was released on 30 May. Three singles were released from it, "Slow Time Love", "Snow Girl" and "The Tallest Building On Earth".In 2013, Kill Drama was released. Its first single was "I See Desire", which reflects the desire of young Portuguese people to work in foreign countries due to Portugal's economic situation. The album also included the singles "From You", "High and Low", and "I Will Take You Home".To celebrate Blind Zero's 20 years of existence they released Kill Drama II. It contains the same songs as Kill Drama, but all of them featured a different artist.

I hope you enjoyed ! xlove

Good luck xup

JSSArcos

Fantastic show xlove, great work xrunhug ! Congratulations Ireland xcheer

Thank you to everyone who voted for Portugal xbowxheart

18 Place / 40 Points xbowxbow (Personally I was satisfied with this result)
:12: :cz: xbowxyaayxheart
:10:xwhistle
:8:xwhistle
:7::az::nl: xheartxbow
:6:xwhistle
:5:xwhistle
:4::au::dk::my: xheart
:3:xwhistle
:2:xwhistle
:1::bg::no: xyaay

Votes of the Portuguese jury

wjlpjHR.jpg