Contact us

FSC Philippines

MrGerbear

NqkM6nB.png

FORUM SONG CONTEST | AUGUST 2013
:ph:THE PHILIPPINES:ph:

KITCHIE NADAL - MALAYA (REMIX)

Cjnyw40.png

Anna Katrina Nadal, known to her fans and friends as Kitchie, was one of the most prominent voices in the Original Pilipino Music scene in the mid 00's. Formerly the lead vocalist for alternative rock band Mojofly, Kitchie's popularity grew after the release of her self-titled album in 2005 and the constant radio play of the song "Huwag na Huwag Mong Sasabihin..." (Don't You Ever Say...). She has since received numerous awards in the Philippines for her solo work, such as the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Award, MTV Pilipinas Video Music Awards, and the Philippine Radio Music Awards.

After a hiatus of 5 years, Kitchie is back on the scene with a new album, Malaya, that combines her unique vocals with new melodies. It's both familiar and current, a treat to fans both old and new. A combination of electronic and organic, vocal and instrumental, and pop and ballad, Kitchie shows us hew new found freedom.

jN2xwLK.png
P2gzV20.jpg
"Malaya", which means "free" in Tagalog, is featured in Kitchie Nadal's new album Malaya, released June 7. The remix version, the ninth track on this album, features The Stone Forest Ensemble, a multicultural musical group based in New York, who adds a modern yet ethnic feel to the song. Electronic sounds are combined with traditional drums and classical string instruments to bring a unique experience.

In "Malaya", Kitchie sings of freedom: freedom to love, freedom from doubt, and freedom of spirit. Seemingly inspired from her five years of soul-searching during her hiatus, Kitchie lets her emotions flow about her faith and about her freedom.

"Malaya" has been chosen to represent The Philippines in its debut at the 54th ESCUnited Forum Song Contest in August 2013. The song will be performed 23rd in a field of 38.

sVftoNl.png
Original
Magmahal nang walang pangangamba,
Malayang malayang malayang malaya ka na.

Follow I follow, you are the force that I follow
You are the distances calling, these footsteps to falling
Tomorrow, tomorrow, just another word that I borrow
To name this place where I hide - you pull from inside

Motion emotion, we lose all focus with motion
You are the speed of my breathing, my memory bleeding
Certain uncertain, are you salvation or burden?
You are my silent unrest, my silence undressed

Akyatin ang mga panalangin sa langit
Bigkasin ang mga kwento at pangalan
Pagbabago ng tanawin
Lumikha ng tunog na mapapasunod
Mga ligaw na mga bata't
Bigyan ng pag asa

Di mo maiwasan sumabay sa agos ng kahirapan at pagdurusa,
Nalulunod na sa luha
Huwag magdalawang isip humingi ng tulong
Dahil dito lamang, ako ay kaibigan mo

Sapat na ang mga oras na nakakapit sa patalim
di mo malalaman kung hindi mo bibitawan
mahirap man masilayan kung ano ang hahantungan
manalig ka't maniwala ka sa aking kaharian

Malaya ka na sa aking piling
Magmahal nang walang pangangamba
Malayang malaya ka na
Translation
Love without doubting,
You are truly, truly free

Follow I follow, you are the force that I follow
You are the distances calling, these footsteps to falling
Tomorrow, tomorrow, just another word that I borrow
To name this place where I hide - you pull from inside

Motion emotion, we lose all focus with motion
You are the speed of my breathing, my memory bleeding
Certain uncertain, are you salvation or burden?
You are my silent unrest, my silence undressed

Raise the prayers to heaven
Pronounce the stories and names
A changing of views
Create a sound that would make follow
The lost children and
Give them hope

You can't avoid following the flow of difficulty and sorrow,
Already drowning in tears
Don't doubt that you can ask for help
Because only here, I am your friend

There have been enough times when you've held onto a blade
You won't know if you don't let go
It may be difficult to glimpse the end,
But have faith and believe in my kingdom

You are now free in my arms
Love without doubt
You are truly, truly free

r3gg13

If I remember correctly, I entered Kitchie's Huwag na huwag mong sasabihin in one of the FSC spin-offs in 2011.

Kitchie is one of my favorite Filipino singers, along with Jessa Zaragoza (guilty pleasure) and Sitti.

Kryptonite

If I remember correctly, I entered Kitchie's Huwag na huwag mong sasabihin in one of the FSC spin-offs in 2011.

Kitchie is one of my favorite Filipino singers, along with Jessa Zaragoza (guilty pleasure) and Sitti.

Yes, you did! It was my 12 pointer in FSC Songs from movies spin-off (result: 3rd place). :D

MrGerbear

Jessa and Sitti are amazing. I don't think they release new stuff anymore tho.

But yes, Huwag na huwag mong sasabihin is my mid-00s jam. Also Makulay na Buhay. And Same Ground. I love Kitchie.

r3gg13

Jessa did release a new album back in 2012, Pag Wala Na Ang Ulan. It only had 5 songs though. She's still great!

This is its lead single.

Sitti should release more albums, she's fantastic! Para Sa Akin is probably one of my favorite Filipino songs ever! So soothing and relaxing :D

I just hope that you don't ever send Charice Pempengco (she sings well, but she has a horrible personality :lol:)

JurianFeygen

Mabuhay Philippines xheart xheart xheart

It's gossip time.. :mrgreen:
I think Charice swallowed her stardom since the very early years of her childhood, receive world class attention and the way her family using her etc... Makes her the way she is and lost. It isnt about the L thing, but her personality I dont like the way she sings in Glee, david foster etc. too much cocky attitude

BTW, Mahal kita! Mahal kita! (in indonesian means : we are precious!)

r3gg13

Mabuhay Philippines xheart xheart xheart

It's gossip time.. :mrgreen:
I think Charice swallowed her stardom since the very early years of her childhood, receive world class attention and the way her family using her etc... Makes her the way she is and lost. It isnt about the L thing, but her personality I dont like the way she sings in Glee, david foster etc. too much cocky attitude

BTW, Mahal kita! Mahal kita! (in indonesian means : we are precious!)

I have no problem with her sexuality or even her singing (she's really versatile to be fair). I just hate her personality and how she treats her own family. His dad died as a transient homeless person. That was during the height of Charice's career. She could have easily helped him. I mean, it's unforgivable to not help even if her father didn't (allegedly) treat her and her mom well during her childhood. Letting your dad die as a homeless person when you could have very well helped is just beyond me. UGGGGGH. That is primarily why I don't like Charice :lol:

I have to say that the way she is portrayed in media as the victim of the circumstance is not entirely true.

That's funny how 'kita' means 'we' in Indonesian while it means 'me to you' in Tagalog!

JurianFeygen

My bestfriend named her daughter Charice after her, and now she's angry whenever we mention about it :lol:

BTW, I come from Manado, province in north of celebes island. It is phil's south border to indo. You know back in the ancient time we were in the same kingdom we have so many similarities with phil (rater than with indo :D) but the Spain and the Dutch colonization separated our territory.

KC Koncepcion and Christian Bautista are very famous in Indo. I remember I like a band called Rivermaya but Phil's music industry nowadays i dont know much. Waiting for it!

MrGerbear

I'm actually surprised when I hear that Filipino artists are big in other countries, especially Southeast Asia. Mostly because the Philippines doesn't care at all for other Southeast Asian artists. Everything that's big is Chinese/Japanese/Korean pop. :|

JurianFeygen

Asia. Mostly because the Philippines doesn't care at all for other Southeast Asian artists. Everything that's big is Chinese/Japanese/Korean pop. :|[/QUOTE]

Yup! For ASEAN (South East Asia) Indo is a big market for music industry, many artists try their luck in here. Beside the dominance of K.Pop, we also got J.Pop and MandoPop music fans here. Malaysia and Singapore artists also release their album here.
Christian Bautista is very famous, his album were a big hit and lots of single+ collab w/ indo artists. Lea Salonga, Regine Velasquez, Charice were int'l known. Kuh Ledesma is still a very respected diva. We have Lala Karmela (half indo half pinay), Maribeth, etc. :mrgreen:

Aaaaand.... The accoustic remake/cover from Sabrina and Princess Velasco. Ohhh my goodness... I love it 2 years ago, but now every single place in Indo play Sabrina's accoustic CD I'm getting sick hearing her voice day by day, evrytime, everywhere ...xheat xheat

r3gg13

I hope your friend doesn't regret naming her child Charice :lol:

We are brothers indeed :D.

OMG, you know Kuh Ledesma?! She's a living legend! :D.

I was aware that Christian Bautista is known in Indonesia, but I didn't know that other singers were known as well!

I don't even know who Sabrina or Princess Velasco is :oops:. I'm happy that they are enjoying fame in and airplay in Indonesia :D

Jurian and Neko, I have to ask, was Tootsie Guevarra ever played on Indonesian radio?!

Top Bottom