FSC Norway

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
MYENboe.jpg

OUADdJB.jpg

MYENboe.jpg

:no: FSC Norway 2021: End of Year Reflections

Some personal reflections when I look back at the Norwegian FSC Year 2021 and all the songs I/we have sent to the FSC from Norway.

Kimrt rejoined the FSC Norway jury in autumn 2021 after several years away which was great.

1. Which Norwegian FSC 2021 entry do I love the most?

Like I usually say, I love all the songs I have sent to FSC for Norway to some extent but some are more special than others. My favourite Norwegian FSC-entry for 2021 is the FSC March entry “Unbreakable” by KEiiNO. It is one of my favourite songs by this wonderful group and is in fact also my favourite FSC-song of 2021, in my opinion the best song of all entries in FSC this year. It has been on my playlist on my Smartphone since it was released, I love it! Well done, KEiiNO!

2. What is the strangest/most unconventional Norwegian FSC 2021 entry?

The Norwegian entry for FSC September, Kalandra with “Borders”. It is unconventional in style and far from FSC-typical but an enthralling entry I think, almost haunting in its beauty. The genre is progressive folk-rock with a touch of the mystical/ancient and Nordic. I wanted to enter it no matter how it might place in the end (such entries can both flop and succeed in FSC) and hoped some juries would enjoy it for the originality and ‘magic’ of the piece. I have been made aware of this group before but I wanted to wait to enter them until I found a song I really loved. Was great to see it embraced by so many members and it achieved an excellent 3rd place in the end!

3. What Norwegian 2021 entry was the biggest (positive) surprise result wise?

I would have to say the entry by Kalandra as mentioned above. It is always difficult to know how songs will place/rank in our contest and especially when one enters so-called ‘risky’ songs i.e. non-mainstream songs which sometimes do very well (because some members love it even if the majority don’t like it) but other times flop big time (nobody loves it and most members find it too strange/peculiar etc). It did do much better than I thought it would, a nice surprise! I was also glad to see another non-mainstream Norwegian entry (epic cinematic instrumental in style) by Thomas Bergersen being embraced by many FSC-members and making the top 10.

4. Which Norwegian 2021 entries were the biggest disappointment result wise?

2020 was an almost exceptional year for Norway in FSC result wise since Norway got top 10 every single month that year. 2021 has been a much more ‘normal’ year with ups and downs like most countries in FSC experience but in total somewhat disappointing for Norway. Entries by f.ex. Annie, K-391, Sirenia and (in part) Ina Wroldsen did more poorly than I thought they would but sometimes the competition is just too strong and/or a song just does not ‘click’ with members.

2021 has been a different FSC-year in many respects seeing as the traditional ‘powerhouses’ of FSC (UK, Norway and The Netherlands - ref. FSC League Table and FSC Medals table) did more poorly than usual (more seldom in top 5 and none of them with a FSC-victory) while other (new) countries had victories and success. For FSC as a whole it is great when success in the song contest is shared by many.

5. Which new Norwegian artist/band was it especially fun to enter in FSC for Norway in 2021?

Aforementioned Kalandra but also the talented Norwegian pop-singer Dagny who I have also considered entering before. I also enjoy entering Thomas Bergersen in FSC since I love his epic instrumental music and it is a type of entry which fairly seldom takes part in our contest.

6. Best result for Norway in FSC 2021?

We had no FSC-victories in 2021 but achieved 3rd place 2 times, in April 2021 with KEiiNO and September 2021 with Kalandra. Both these 3rd places were cherished.

7. Anything special with regards to Norway’s entries in 2021?

2 songs in the Norwegian language were entered in 2021 (January and October with Secret Garden ft. Cathrine Iversen). As mentioned before, my goal has been to enter at least 2 songs in Norwegian language each FSC-year (some years more, some years less). Norwegian artists still release most music in English language these days and some of those who do release in Norwegian are not that suitable for the contest as considered. Favourite songs are entered regardless of language.

With regards to genre, as before my goal has been to mix genres to get some variety in the entries. In 2021 Norway sent the following: Norwegian Folk ballads, Electronic Dance Music (EDM), Dance-pop, Symphonic Metal, Pop-ballad, Epic Cinematic instrumental music, Progressive Folk-rock, and chill Synthwave.

8. My favourite non-Norwegian FSC-song of 2021?

My favourite non-Norwegian song of 2021 is :me: Montenegro: Andrea Demirovic & Bojan Jovovic - Proljece. This is also my 2nd favourite song in FSC of 2021 overall, only beaten by the aforementioned KEiiNO entry for me. I love this Montenegro song, a wonderful dramatic ethno-pop entry, performed as a duet, which I keep re-playing on my playlist. The video from the Montenegro mountains was beautiful too. Excellent entry, Montenegro jury! My 2nd favourite non-Norwegian FSC-song of 2021 is :ch: Switzerland: BLACKBOOK - Slowlove. It sounds like a dark mix between Depeche Mode and 80s Italo Disco and the chorus harmonies have hints of Swedish BWO - wonderful stuff! Great entry, Swiss jury!

9. My favourite FSC-countries of 2021 (ref. 12 points given)?

With regards to my personal 12 points (favourite entries) for Norway given in 2021, they were as follows (from month 1 January 2021 to month 12 December 2021):

:il::ba::az::me::de::me::rs::uk::ba::ch::ma::il:

So Bosnia & Herzegovina, Israel and Montenegro got my 12 points twice, while Azerbaijan, Germany, Serbia, United Kingdom, Switzerland and Morocco got my 12 points once.

Well done to them all! xup

10. My favourite FSC-countries (most voted for) over the years as of December 2021?

:rs: Serbia took over the 1st place from Romania in Autumn 2021 (many congrats, Serbia!) with :ru: Russia a strong 2nd. Romania is 3rd. This is from all my votes/points in FSC over the last 12 years, every single edition (147 in all) counted. I mentioned :ba: Bosnia & Herzegovina as a ‘climber’ on my list last year and the ‘climbing’ continues and they are now just outside my top 10. Well done! In general, my top 10 is filled mostly with East European / Balkan / Slavic countries and though I do love music from all over the world this indicates that my preferences have been leaning ‘eastwards’ in FSC over the years.

11. Any particular Norwegian artist/band I miss not being able to send to the FSC?

I have in the past years mentioned Christine Guldbrandsen and this still stands. Christine keeps focusing on musical theatre and concerts and (unfortunately) does not seem inclined to record any more albums at the moment. Let me mention a couple more artists this time. Maria Arredondo is one. She too puts all her time an energy into musical theatre performances, Christmas concerts and such and seems to have put her pop career on ice. Lastly, let me add Alexander Rybak. I have always been a big fan of him but it’s been some years since he took part in FSC for Norway. He is still active but has changed his music style in recent years to more showtime jazz-pop’ish stuff which while ok is not really my cup of tea, I much preferred his ‘Fairytale’-style songs. So while it is possible to send this artist to FSC I want to wait until he (hopefully) makes a song which I like more in his ‘traditional’ music style again before considering proposing him anew in our jury.

12. Final reflections

It has been another enjoyable FSC-year and I am happy I have been able to share so many great Norwegian songs with you all. As always the greatest pleasure is to share songs and to get to know new songs from all over the world which one would seldom come across otherwise. Result wise it has, as mentioned, been a mixed bag and a poorer, somewhat disappointing year for Norway in FSC (than the previous years) but we have done very well in earlier years in the contest and will come back stronger in the future I am sure. Several of our songs have been embraced by members and the FSC Community and that means the most. Also, Norway still ranks top of the FSC League Table over time in the contest which is great and a proud achievement.

I have been in FSC for over 12 years now and 147 consecutive editions which is almost surreal to think about. All the time and effort I have put into running this contest over the years together with the FSC Mods is worth it when I ‘see’ the smiles and joy it puts on people’s faces every month, at the LL, the FSC Show and in our FSC Community. Together with you all I cherish this beloved song contest of ours which keeps bringing me much joy and excitement.

Looking forward to the FSC Year 2022 with Norway - thank you to you all for all your great songs/entries, for supporting Norwegian entries and for sharing in / being part of this valuable online FSC Community of ours! Happy New Year, everyone! xcheer xhug

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Admin / Head of FSC Norway
:no:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - January 2022 - Sigrid - Burning Bridges

cHdTefA.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC January 2022 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, the talented Norwegian female pop-star Sigrid. Here is some more information about her.

Sigrid Solbakk Raabe (born 5th September 1996), known professionally as Sigrid, is a talented Norwegian singer and songwriter. She was born in Ålesund on the west-coast of Norway to a music-interested family. During her childhood, she was inspired by Joni Mitchell, Adele and Neil Young. Sigrid and her older sister started up a band called Sala Says Mhyp when she was 17 and apparently named it after her dead cat, Sala.

Sigrid began her career in 2013 by releasing her debut single "Sun". The song was seen as her national breakthrough in Norway though she was still fairly unknown among the general public. She later signed to Petroleum Records the following year and performed at festivals such as Øyafestivalen (one of Norway’s more famous music festivals).

In 2016 Sigrid signed with Island Records. This was an ambitious move which turned out to be successful. She released her debut single with Island, "Don't Kill My Vibe", in 2017. The song became a huge commercial and critical hit, charting in Norway, Australia and the United Kingdom among other places. Sigrid performed on Park Stage at Glastonbury music festival receiving rave reviews. She was also a part of ‘The Sims 4: Parenthood’ soundtrack with the ‘Simlish’ version of "Don't Kill My Vibe". In July 2017 Sigrid released another single called “Plot Twist”.

In November 2017 Sigrid released a new single called “Strangers” which became very popular and soon was another fan- and critical favourite, charting in Norway, Ireland and the United Kingdom. An energetic Synth-Pop number, this showed that she was no one-hit wonder.

In 2018 Sigrid released a few more songs, called “Raw” and “High Five”, and she was furthermore announced as ‘BBC's Sound of 2018’. The same month, Sigrid won the ‘Newcomer of the Year’ award at Spellemannprisen 2017, the Norwegian Grammy Awards.

In December 2018 Sigrid announced that her debut album called ‘Sucker Punch’ would be released in March 2019. The album consisted of 12 tracks, including five songs released prior to the album. The album solidified her standing as a newcomer to be watched in the pop-world. In late 2019 Sigrid embarked on a headline tour across Europe and North America to promote the release of ‘Sucker Punch’. Sigrid also contributed a song, "Home to You" for The Aeronauts soundtrack.

In 2020 Sigrid featured in a BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge cover of the Foo Fighters song "Times Like These", along with other artists such as Mabel, Dua Lipa and Rita Ora. This was organised in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. A new song called "Mirror" was then released on 26th May 2021.

Her next acclaimed and popular single "Burning Bridges" was released in August 2021. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC January 2022.

Sigrid is a popular Norwegian female pop-star and singer-songwriter who is now recognized for her talent both nationally and internationally. She is an artist from whom we will without doubt hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #155 January 2022, called “Burning Bridges”, is a catchy and melodic pop-banger from the talented singer-songwriter Sigrid. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Sigrid in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for January 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Sigrid - Burning Bridges

I could tell you the truth but you'd call me a liar
Tried to wave a white flag but you set it on fire

(And that's when you start asking yourself why)
You cry, they don't
Every single night
That's how you know

You gotta let it go
Sometimes you just can't fix it
You love somebody, love somebody
But you gotta let 'em go
Before you go down with 'em
Can't love somebody who loves burning bridges

Burning bridges

I used ‘sorry’ to keep you and that was my error
'Cause I tore me apart try’na hold us together

(And that's when you start asking yourself why)
You cry, they don't
Every single night
That's how you know

You gotta let it go
But you gotta let 'em go

You cry, they don't
That's how you know
You cry, they don't
That's how you know

You gotta let it go
But you gotta let 'em go

You cry, they don't
That's how you know
You cry, they don't
That's how you know

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - February 2022 - Alan Walker ft. K-391 & Boy in Space - Paradise

jarmIPA.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC February 2022, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 16 months, is the talented very popular British-Norwegian Electronic Dance Music (EDM) -Producer and artist Alan Walker, this time featuring fellow Norwegian EDM-artist and Producer K-391 & Boy in Space on vocals. Here is some more information about them.

Alan Walker (born 24th August 1997) is a British-born Norwegian Record Producer and artist in the Electronic Dance Music (EDM)-genre. Born in Northampton, England of an English father and Norwegian mother, he and his family moved to Norway in 1999 at the age of two. He has since lived in Bergen, Norway and has made his music career here.

His worldwide digital song and EDM-hit "Fade" gained attention after its release on YouTube via the label NoCopyrightSounds (NCS). The tracks "Spectre" and "Force" followed in 2015. He then signed with MER Musikk under Sony Music Sweden and his first single under that label was "Faded", a remastered vocal version of "Fade", released in December 2015.

Alan Walker gained worldwide attention. His EDM-song "Sing Me To Sleep" (featuring Iselin Solheim again on vocals) came in 2016. This was the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2016. In December 2016 Alan Walker released a new single, called “Alone”. It featured the Swedish singer Noonie Bao on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC February 2017. He released several more songs incl. “All Falls Down” featuring Noah Cyrus and Digital Farm Animals on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC December 2017.

In 2018 Alan Walker featured on a song by Norwegian producer X-391 called “Ignite” released in May 2018 (the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2018) and also released 2 new singles: “Darkside” in July 2018, and “Diamond Heart” in September 2018. “Diamond Heart”, which featured Swedish Sophia Somajo on vocals, was the Norwegian entry in FSC January 2019. In spring 2019 he released a new single called “On My Way” which featured Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC August 2019. Alan Walker released a full album called “Different World” in December 2018 which included most of his singles as well as many new songs. One of these new songs was the melodic EDM-style ballad “Lily” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC December 2019. At the end of 2019 he released his sequel to his 2016-single “Alone”, this one called “Alone, Pt. II”, and it featured American singer-songwriter Ava Max on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC October 2020.

He released more singles in 2020/2021 and then in November 2021 Alan Walker released a new album called “World of Walker” with both old and new songs. In September 2021 he also released a standalone non-album single called “Paradise” ft. K-391 & Boy in Space. It was released through MER and Sony Music as a collaboration with mobile game PUBG Mobile (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds). This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC February 2022.

Alan Walker is a very productive and successful music producer- and artist who keeps making new music for everyone to enjoy.

K-391 is a Norwegian DJ & EDM-artist/producer called Kenneth Nilsen. He created the K-391 music project and often uses a ‘headset’ as a figure or logo which is meant to ‘conceptualize’ himself. He has made music for many years, his songs have been played millions of times on YouTube and he has a large following in the EDM-community. He has taken part in FSC for Norway several times, both as a solo-artist and in collaborations with Alan Walker.

Boy in Space is the professional artist name of Swedish singer-songwriter Robin Lundbäck. His ‘moniker’ refers to his personality, which he has described as "spacey". Before starting his solo career he was one of the members in the Swedish band JTR. He has released several singles in the past few years incl. a cover of Alphaville’s famous pop-ballad “Forever Young”. In 2021 he featured on Alan Walker’s single “Paradise” providing vocals for the song.

The Norwegian entry for FSC February 2022, “Paradise”, is another popular melodic downtempo EDM-song by British-Norwegian EDM-Producer and artist Alan Walker ft. K-391 and Boy in Space on vocals. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Alan Walker again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for February 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Alan Walker ft. K-391 & Boy in Space - Paradise

Said you would rather die young
Live for the moment, forget tomorrow
Guess that you've got it all wrong
Still tryna find out which road to follow

Always try to ride those paper planes
Said that you were fine with my mistakes
Now we're tryna call on yesterday
To go back

We don't always get it right
Then lights go out, the music dies, no goodbye
Now you're gonna realize
I cast us out of paradise

Even if it all went down in flames
We can live to fight another day
Let go and close your eyes
And just remember paradise

It doesn't matter tonight
There's a tomorrow for you to treasure
No sense in losin' our minds
To keep the pieces of us together

Thought about it for a while now
Questioned everything up in your life now
Maybe you should let it ride out
And everything will come around, yeah

Now you're gonna realize

Even if it all went down in flames
We can live to fight another day
Let go and close your eyes
And just remember paradise

Now you're gonna realize
I cast us out of paradise (cast us out of paradise)

Then lights go out, the music dies (the music dies)
Now you're gonna realize

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - March 2022 - TIX - Delux

ZbAJ1ET.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC March 2022 is a New artist for Norway in FSC, the popular Norwegian pop-singer TIX. Here is some more information about him.

Andreas Andresen Haukeland (born 1993), better known by his artist name TIX, is a Norwegian singer and musician, best selling author, record producer and songwriter from Bærum, Norway.

He is best known internationally for having represented Norway at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 with the song "Fallen Angel".
He has been very popular in Norway (especially among younger audiences) in the past few years with impressive record sales and many fans on social media platforms.

He has also been a public figure and advocate for focusing on mental health problems in society with his own background with mental health issues having grown up with Tourette syndrome, a condition characterised by involuntary movements called tics (ref. his artist name) and being bullied for it.

He has also taken part in reality shows on tv, f.ex. Norwegian Paradise Hotel, season 11, checking in as a VIP-contestant. After his long run that season, he was part of the jury deciding the winners.

In the years before he became well known nationally (2015-2017) TIX was best known for his so-called ‘Russ’ music which is a form of ‘simpler’ Norwegian electronic dance music with fast beats popular among the young partying public and on ski resorts and similar. Many of his songs were, however known for controversial, misogynist, and sexist lyrics. He enjoyed being controversial in this period but has in later years apologized for offending some people.

In September 2016, TIX released his debut studio album, ‘Dømt og berømt’, which peaked at number 2 on the VG-list, the official Norwegian Albums Chart. In 2017 he was a co-producer for the song "Game Time" by Flo Rida and in the summer of 2017 TIX was a warm-up artist for Justin Bieber at the concert at Forus Travbane in Stavanger. He also co-produced the song "Sweet but Psycho" by Ava Max in 2018. In 2018 he also released his first non-‘russ’ pop song, "Shotgun" which reached Number 5 in the singles chart in Norway. However, in the same year and in 2019 he would also create new ‘russ’ songs, but with a new theme of a foreboding party burnout and depression. In 2020 he was a judge on Norwegian pop-IDOL on tv.

In 2021 TIX released the single "Engel, Ikke Dra" which was a dedication to a fan of his who died by terminal illness. He released more singles as well incl. ‘Jente i Oslo’ and ‘Sov godt’. Now in 2022 he has released 2 singles. The first is called ‘Hvis jeg forlot verden’ which has been criticized for giving the impression that suicide is a way out for young people who struggle (TIX says this meaning has been taken out of context). The second single was released in February 2022 and was called “Delux”. It was a happy-go party-dance song which also figured as an ad-song for the popular Norwegian frozen pizza-brand Grandiosa. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC March 2022.

TIX continues to be popular on the Norwegian music scene and we will without doubt hear more from him in the coming years.

The Norwegian entry for FSC March 2022, “Delux”, is a fun happy-go party-dance song by the popular Norwegian pop-artist and songwriter TIX. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter TIX in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in Norwegian. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for March 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

TIX - Delux

Hvordan kan det bli no' bedre?
Alt var ti av ti, nå er det elleve

Okay, hva skjedde nå?
Tar det til et nytt nivå
Ooh, ooh

Jeg bare, "What skjer?", hva skjer
Tror du det her var toppen?
Ne-ei, tok feil
Vi gikk fra øverste etasje, til langt over taket, okay
Lano klager ikke noe mer
Glade dager, nå er han med

Nå er det fest igjen
I alle tusen hjem
Vi snakker ekte kjærlighet, så fyr opp grandisen

Okay, hva skjedde nå?
Tar det til et nytt nivå
Ooh, ooh
Oh, oh, oh

Jeg fikk en bit, jeg må ha mere (Må ha mere)
Ja, nå er livet mye bedre
Shit, vi bare fyrer på
Minst 200 grader nå
Ooh, ooh

Jeg sverger baby
Oh, du er alt jeg vil ha
Du er delux, du er delux
Som sommertider
Oh, herregud, det blir bra
Ah, ah, ah
Det er delux, det er delux

Jeg ser deg stek, stek, steke i hjørnet
Får alle blikk til å tørne
Perfekt fra topp til bunnen, jeg kjenner vann i munnen
Ikke no', ikke no', ikke no' stress
Bli'kke no', bli'kke no', bli'kke no' pes
Kunne spist deg opp, helt ærlig opp
Gi meg ti minutter (Ferdig da)

Nå er det fest igjen
I alle tusen hjem
Okay, hva skjedde nå?
Tar det til et nytt nivå
Ooh, ooh
Oh, oh, oh

Jeg fikk en bit, jeg må ha mere (Må ha mere)
Ja, nå er livet mye bedre
Shit, vi bare fyrer på
Minst 200 grader nå
Ooh, ooh

Jeg sverger baby
Oh, du er alt jeg vil ha
Du er delux, du er delux
Som sommertider
Oh, herregud, det blir bra
Ah, ah, ah
Det er delux, det er delux

Nå er det fest igjen
I alle tusen hjem
Okay, hva skjedde nå?
Tar det til et nytt nivå
Ooh, ooh
Oh, oh, oh

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - April 2022 - KEiiNO - End of Time (Taste of Heaven)

ZP3vL17.jpg

Representing Norway in April 2022, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 1 year, is the Eurovision-famous Norwegian/Sami group KEiiNO who won the popular televote in ESC 2019. Here is some more information about them.

KEiiNO is a Norwegian/Sami Folk-pop group consisting of Norwegian singers Tom Hugo and Alexandra Rotan, and Norwegian Sámi rapper/joiker Fred Buljo.

The group was established in the late summer of 2018 when Tom Hugo (songwriter) and partner Alex Olsson began writing "Spirit in the Sky", a Norwegian/Sami Folk-pop song inspired by historical struggles for equality. Later the singer Alexandra Rotan and Sámi rapper/joiker Fred Buljo joined the project which became a Norwegian-Sami co-project.

The group name KEiiNO was inspired by the name of Fred Buljo's home town Kautokeino (Sami: Guovdageaidnu). The last part -geaidnu translates to the "way" or "road" which Buljo stated "represents the road that brought us together".

Although the three singers had had some success as solo artists, their dreams were truly realised after joining forces - a force the Sámi (the indigenous people of Norway) believe you can find connecting with nature. The northern lights, dancing colourful and free, serve as a symbol of how KEiiNO believes everyone should be allowed to feel - regardless of who they love, how they look or where they are from. KEiiNO dares to dream that their music will inspire people all over the world to rise above differences and work together.

“Spirit in the Sky” was entered in Melodi Grand Prix (MGP) 2019, quickly became a fan favourite, and it ended up winning the national final. In the ESC-final the entry received the highest points from the European public’s televoting, winning the televote with an impressive 291 points, ending 6th in the end (including jury-votes).

“Spirit in the Sky” became a huge and popular hit around Europe. After ESC, KEiiNO released several other songs, a cover-version of the US-song “Shallow”, the single “Praying”, another cover in Swedish “Vill Ha Dig”, and finally a new original single “Dancing in the Smoke” released in October 2019. This single was the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2019.

In 2020 KEiiNO released several singles incl. “Black Leather” and “Would I Lie”. They also released the single “Colours”, performed in both Sami language and English. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC May 2020. That same month KEiiNO released their debut album “Okta” which included all their hits and some other new songs.

In February 2021 they competed in Norwegian MGP again, this time with a song called “Monument”. It came 2nd in the Norwegian final. Following MGP, they released a new single called “Unbreakable” in mid-March 2021. This song was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2021.

KEiiNO have released several more singles since then: “Addjas”, “Venus”, “A New Beginning” and the cover-song “On a Night Like This”. The songs have shown some diversity in music styles. Another song they released in October 2021 was the Nordic Gothic Scandipop single “End of Time (Taste of Heaven)”. It had glam pop rock-ish Halloween-vibes and was a bit different from their other songs but still had their signature catchy KEiiNO melody lines. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC April 2022.

KEiiNO keep on making music and are productive when it comes to releases so we are sure to hear more from them in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #158 April 2022, called “End of Time (Taste of Heaven)”, is another melodic banger by KEiiNO, this time in a Nordic Gothic Scandipop genre with glam pop rock-ish Halloween-vibes. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter KEiiNO again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for April 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

KEiiNO - End of Time (Taste of Heaven)

Oh my God, it's Armageddon
I just saw a demon in the park
All I see is stars
And I feel it in my heart
I'm all ready now, Celestial

Hey, it's just the end of time
If you wear those pants up to the door
They will let you in
'Cause you wear them like a sin

Do you want a taste of heaven?
Creatures of the night are getting down
I came to stay forever
End of time, end of time
End of time, end of time

Do you want a taste of heaven?
Girls in leather pants are letting go
Forever
End of time, end of time
End of time, end of time

I've been waiting all my life
I've been waiting patiently to go
Leaving all the light
I'm a goddess of the night

I won't miss a single thing
Leaving my humanity behind
Angels getting high
I'm so over all this life

Do you want a taste of heaven
Boys in PVC are getting down
I came to stay forever
End of time, end of time
End of time, end of time

Angel leather queens are letting go
Forever
End of time, end of time
End of time, end of time

Do you want to dance in heaven?
Count your sins and pray for seven
All the queers go straight to heaven
Please dear God, just show me heaven

I just wanna dance in heaven
They will not refuse this bacon
Please dear God, just show me heaven
End of time, end of time
End of time, end of time

Saints in monster pumps are letting go
Forever
End of time, end of time
End of time, end of time

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - May 2022 - Confidential - Queen Of The Dark

cAeDu49.jpg

Representing Norway in May 2022 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, the new Symphonic Metal band called Confidential. Here is some more information about them.

Confidential is a new Symphonic Metal band from Norway. The band consists of 4 members:

Astrid K Mjøen (lead vocals, songwriter and band founder)
Frode Hovd (rhythm guitar)
David Hovde (lead guitar)
Charlotte Stav (synths & backing vocals)

The band was founded in 2020. Astrid K Mjøen had been working as a freelance singer for some years and now wanted to form a band which played Symphonic Metal. She assembled the other members and they started work on songs which were to be included on a future album. The songs were of a very personal character, with stories from her life the past few years which had been challenging, something reflected in the very emotional and beautiful songs created.

Confidential blends haunting melodies (with Astrid K Mjøen’s beautiful voice shining) with intricate and bombastic symphonic arrangements, topped with heavy guitar work. The style is Symphonic Metal with some Gothic influences which places them bang in the centre of this Metal subgenre.

The debut-album called “Devil Inside”, preceeded by several singles, was finally released in March 2022 to very good reviews and fan appreciation. The album featured many guest artists like Jake E (ex Amaranthe, Cyhra), Madeleine Liljestam & Rikard Ekberg (Eleine) and Mike LePond (Symphony X). The album featured 12 songs, some more upbeat/uptempo and others in the Metal ballad genre, but all displaying the band’s talented craft in Symphonic Metal. One of the songs on this new album was the beautiful and melodic song called “Queen Of The Dark”. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC May 2022.

Confidential is a talented new Symphonic Metal band from Norway from whom we will without doubt hear more in the coming years.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #159 May 2022, called “Queen Of The Dark”, is a beautiful melodic Symphonic Metal song written and performed by the new talented Norwegian Symphonic Metal band called Confidential. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Confidential in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for May 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Confidential - Queen Of The Dark

Can you hear the silence
Whilst walking over me
The emptiness is killing me
Why can't I feel free?

The darkness of the night
The cold from the other side
Is haunting me
Harassing me
There is no more pride

Where’s the hope they say is in my mind?
Who are you to say I will be fine?

I'm walking around in circles
The cold sends shivers down my spine
I can't help thinking, is this a sign?

I’m soon to be the Queen of the Dark
And you should fear my voice
I'll hunt you down, takе your crown
And then I'll make you drown

Wherе's the hope they say is in my mind?

My soul is torn apart
And the pain is breaking my heart
I am lost and all alone
The world is fading

I hear a voice, in my head
Talking about forgiveness
I'm reaching out
I want to shout
Where is my happiness?

People around me don't understand
They try to reach for my hand
What can I do
I wanted to
I just can't say undo

Where’s the hope they say is in my mind?

My soul is torn apart
I am lost and all alone
The world is fading

My soul is torn apart
I am lost and all alone
The world is fading

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - June 2022 - AURORA - Heathens

yOeYtuj.jpg

Representing Norway in June 2022, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 4 years, is the talented and popular Norwegian artist AURORA. Here is some more information about her.

AURORA - or Aurora Aksnes (born 15th June 1996) as is her full name - is a singer-songwriter from Bergen, Norway. Now aged 24, she has been writing songs for more than half her life, crafting what many call ‘dark pop music of rare depth’. She signed with a management company shortly before signing with Glassnote and Decca Records in October 2014.

Her song ‘Awakening’ in 2013 (re-released in 2014) is by many considered her first ‘official’ single. Her first song with Decca Records ‘Under Stars’ was released in November 2014, and the very popular - and successful as well as critically acclaimed - single and Nordic Pop-ballad ‘Runaway’ followed in February 2015. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2015.

Several other releases followed, like ‘Running with the Wolves’ (single April 2015 and EP with 4 songs incl. 2 singles May 2015) and ‘Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)’ in September 2015. She released several other popular singles in the next 6 months while finishing her debut-album. Called ‘All My Demons Greeting Me As A Friend’ it was finally released in March 2016, to very good reviews in the national press. One of these other popular tracks on her new album was the song ‘Winter Bird’. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC June 2016.

In April 2018 she released the more uptempo single “Queendom”. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC June 2018. AURORA subsequently released her new album ‘Infections of a Different Kind’ in 2 parts in EP-format in 2018/2019. She also sang on the ‘Frozen 2’ Soundtrack in late 2019. In May 2020 she released a new song, the ballad “Exist for Love” and in November 2020 came the Nordic Christmas-themed song called ‘Stjernestøv’ (‘Stardust’) which was the theme-melody for the Norwegian young adult Christmas tv-series broadcasted in December 2020.

In 2021 she worked on a new forthcoming album and released several singles that were part of this new project incl. “Cure for Me”, “Giving In To The Love”, and in December 2021 the Ethereal dynamic pop-song “Heathens”. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC June 2022.

In January 2022 her new album “The Gods We Can Touch” was released to critical acclaim. It included her already released singles as well as many new great songs in her dynamic Ethereal, Ambient and sometimes Folk-pop style.

AURORA plans a concert tour in the USA and Europe now in 2022 to promote her new album. She is a very talented and innovative artist, singer and songwriter from whom we will without doubt hear more in the coming years.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #160 June 2022, called “Heathens”, is a beautiful and dynamic Ethereal pop-song in AURORA’s music style with poignant lyrics that focus on women and what they have had to endure through the centuries. She says the song is a hymn to women and all humans who have not been respected the way they should have been. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter AURORA again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for June 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

AURORA - Heathens

She bargains with the world
So everything she wants will come to her
With no greed inside her mind
She knows what she deserves

We fell from sky with grace
And landed in her soft and warm embrace
She gave her love, her gift of life
So we could live with her

That is why we live like heathens
Stealing from the trees of Eden
Living in the arms of freedom
And everything we touch is evil

The stone, the dirt, the dust
The unforgiving promise made to us
Unworthy of your light, your god, your touch
We're guided by the lust

We cry the fallen names
We cry for those you burned beneath the flame
We stand beside the good and brave
The broken and enslaved

Everything you touch
Will be hers
A mother with no heart
Will give love

Her love is yours
But only if you give
Your heart to her

That is why we live like heathens ( x 3 )

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - July 2022 - Two Steps From Hell - Last One Standing

feNkNP7.jpg

Representing Norway in July 2022, and making their debut as a music project in FSC, is the talented and famous Epic Cinematic ‘duo’ Thomas Bergersen from Norway and Nick Phoenix from United Kingdom. Here is some more information about Two Steps From Hell.

Thomas Jacob Bergersen (born in Trondheim, Norway), professionally known as Thomas Bergersen, is a well known Norwegian music composer, multi-instrumentalist, and also the co-founder of the production music company and music project Two Steps From Hell. Bergersen's compositions have featured in many motion picture campaigns, such as Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Twilight Saga, The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, The Da Vinci Code, The Mummy, The Dark Knight, Tron: Legacy and hundreds more. Bergersen has scored over 1000 soundtracks and film trailers. He has released several albums and is known for his current ‘Humanity’ series of multiple albums. He also participated in FSC for Norway in November 2020 (“Mountain Call”) and in June 2021 (“Red”).

In May 2010, Bergersen and his business partner, Nick Phoenix, released a debut public Epic Music Two Steps From Hell album titled ‘Invincible’ featuring some of their most popular tracks, including "Freedom Fighters", "Moving Mountains", and "Heart of Courage".

Nick Phoenix (born in London, England) is a British composer, pianist, and co-founder of the production music company Two Steps From Hell. He has written music for a number of trailers, with over 1.200 scores and placements in total. He has had several side projects including his band Crater Mountain which released its classic rock-genre debut album ‘Hillbilly Starship’ in 2014. In the following years he also published his first written work ‘Colin Frake on Fire Mountain’ and subsequently ‘Colin Frake Asclepius’.

Together as Two Steps From Hell, Bergersen and Phoenix have created an abundance of music through the years both demo-music, industry-released music and public release music. Besides their aforementioned debut album they are especially known for the following public albums: “Archangel” (2011), “SkyWorld” (2012), “Classics Volume One” (2013), “Battlecry” (2015), “Classics Volume Two” (2015), “Vanquish” (2016), and most recently their new 2022 album “Myth”. Two Steps From Hell are perhaps best known for their Epic Cinematic music which also has ethnic portions and experimental sides but they have used many genres and styles in their music (with Phoenix somewhat more pop/rock-oriented while Bergersen is more classical/orchestral styled) showing their impressive creativity and talent.

In 2021 they worked on music for a new album and this album was finally released in June 2022. Called “Myth” it had more than 20 tracks of varying length and style, about half composed by each of them. And one of the new written songs on the album (by Thomas Bergersen) was the Epic Cinematic song called “Last One Standing” which also includes ethnic vocals by Uyanga Bold, an accomplished Mongolian singer who has sung on several movie soundtracks. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC July 2022.

The talented Two Steps From Hell are going on a concert tour in Europe this summer 2022, something they are very excited about, and there is no doubt we will hear more from them in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #161 July 2022, called “Last One Standing”, is a beautiful and epic cinematic piece of music composed by Norwegian Thomas Bergersen and performed by Two Steps From Hell. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Two Steps From Hell in the FSC for Norway.

Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for July 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Two Steps From Hell - Last One Standing

ezAPP41.jpg

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - August 2022 - Dagny - Brightsider

2dU36KV.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC August 2022, and returning to FSC for Norway after 1.5 years, is the talented and popular Norwegian singer-songwriter Dagny. Here is some more information about her.

Dagny Norvoll Sandvik (born 1990 in Tromsø, northern Norway), best known for her artist name Dagny, is a Norwegian singer-songwriter who has gotten both national and international acclaim.

She is the daughter of the vocalist Marit Sandvik and the jazz musician Øystein Norvoll. She started performing locally in Tromsø following a songwriting assignment at school and, after moving to the UK in 2012, performed on the small club circuit there for a while. After University studies she recorded the song “Backbeat”, which caught the attention of Zane Lowe at Apple Music’s Beats 1 station and appeared on Spotify’s New Music playlist, achieving 300.000 plays in a few days.

She had big success on Spotify and signed with Republic Records. Rob Stevenson said of her, “’Backbeat’ immediately aroused our attention, and after a showcase in New York, our entire company fell in love with her. We look forward to further convey her vision to the world”. “Backbeat” in an acoustic version was subsequently included in an episode of the famous tv-show ‘Grey’s Anatomy’. She was also credited as a songwriter on Katy Perry’s 2019 song “Never Really Over”, which also interpolated Dagny’s song “Love You Like That”. After a series of singles (incl. “Used To You” and “Hit Your Heart”), the agreement with Republic Records ended and her first album, “Strangers / Lovers”, was released in October 2020 on her own label, Little Daggers.

Before this, in May 2020, she released an EP with the first 6 songs from the album which included her first single, the popular “Come Over”, and also the even more successful second single, the Nordic Electro-pop banger and hit “Somebody”. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC February 2021. That same year she also released a single called “Pretty” in a collaboration with the Norwegian singer Astrid S.

In early Summer 2022 she then released a new single called “Brightsider”, an upbeat and joyous Summer song and bop which has become popular on several music streaming networks. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC August 2022.

Dagny has been nominated for Norwegian Grammies (‘Spellemannsprisen’) several times in the past years recognizing her talent. She has also collaborated with several artists. She is an artist, singer and songwriter from whom we will without doubt hear more in the coming years.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #162 August 2022, called “Brightsider”, co-written by Dagny herself, is an upbeat and joyous Summer pop song and bop which many are enjoying this Summer 2022. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Dagny again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for August 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Dagny - Brightsider

I'm catching all these feelings
Oh boy, you've got me flying through the ceiling
Wish you would tell me what you're thinking
If you drink about me on the weekend

I've never been the type to wear my heart on my sleeve
I'd rather sit in silence than go causing a scene
He gives me just enough to know I want in
A little taste of him that got me falling
If I get drunk enough then I might call him
Say "this whole time, you're the only thing that's on my mind"

Guess I don't mind
'Cause I'm flying through the ceiling
Oh boy, yeah, you've got me catching feelings

Oh, he started a fire and he don't even know
That I only leave the house so he can walk me home
He gives me just enough to know I want in
A little taste of him that got me falling
If I get drunk enough then I might call him
Say "this whole time, you're the only thing that's on my mind"

Guess I don't mind
'Cause I'm flying through the ceiling
Oh boy, yeah, you've got me catching feelings

Do you love me, maybe?
In my dreams you've already saved me
You say "I'm tired of waiting"
We leave the city and go sunset sailing

Do you love me, maybe?

Do you love me, maybe?

Do you love me, maybe?

Do you love me, maybe?

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - September 2022 - Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør - If You Want Me

ccEliwD.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC September 2022, and returning to FSC (in another ‘ressurection’) after more than 5 years, is the accomplished and popular Norwegian Electro-Pop duo Röyksopp. They are back in another musical collaboration with the popular and talented Norwegian singer-songwriter Susanne Sundfør. Here is some more information about them.

Röyksopp is a Norwegian Electro-Pop \ Electronica \ Electronic Music duo from Tromsø, Norway. The group consists of the members Svein Berge and Torbjørn Brundtland. Röyksopp was formed in 1998. The word ‘röyksopp’ is alas a stylized version of the Norwegian word for the ‘puffball mushroom’, “røyksopp”. The band has stated that the word could also evoke the mushroom cloud resulting from an atomic blast. They have experimented with different genres within electronic music, like ambient, house music, synth-pop and non-Euro American sounds.

Since their 1998 debut, the duo has gained critical acclaim and popular success around the world. To date, Röyksopp has been nominated for 1 Grammy Award, Brit Awards, won a total of 7 Spellemannprisen awards (Norwegian Grammys), performed worldwide tours, and produced albums which have topped the charts in several countries, including Norway 4 times.

Their debut-album “Melody A.M.” with several popular singles was released in 2001. Their 2nd album, “The Understanding”, was released in 2005. Their 3rd album, called “Junior”, was released in 2009. It included several singles including the popular radio-hit “The Girl And The Robot” which featured the Swedish singer Robyn on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC June 2009. In 2010 they released its ‘ambient twin’, “Senior”. Then in December 2012 Röyksopp released an Electro-Pop single called “Running To The Sea”. It featured the Norwegian pop-artist Susanne Sundfør on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC March 2013. In May 2014 Röyksopp released a new EP called “Do It Again” in a musical collaboration with the Swedish Electro-Pop Star Robyn. The EP included 5 songs including “Do It Again” (which was the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2014) and “Monument” which later got a remix on their 2014 album ‘The Inevitable End’. The remix-version was the Norwegian entry in FSC February 2015. Röyksopp then informed they were ‘semi’retiring’ from the music-business.

In September 2016, however, a new digital single was released by Röyksopp, the new song “Never Ever” with Susanne Sundfør once again collaborating with vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in January 2017. They kept semi-active and in 2019 they announced that they would release B-sides and previously unreleased tracks through a project they called ‘Lost Tapes’ and they continued with this until early 2021. In late 2021 Röyksopp announced that they would release a new musical project in 2022 which turned out to be a new album called “Profound Mysteries”. Several singles from this new album were released in early 2022 and the album itself was released in late April 2022. It included many new songs including a beautiful Nordic Electro-pop ballad called “If You Want Me” which featured Susanne Sundfør on vocals in a new musical collaboration. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC September 2022.

Röyksopp are a talented Norwegian Electro-pop duo who simply ‘refuse to die’, they re-invent themselves and we will for sure see more of them in the future.

Susanne Aartun Sundfør (born 1986 in Haugesund, Norway) is a popular and acclaimed Norwegian pop-artist & singer-songwriter. She released 5 studio albums between 2007-2015. In February 2008 she was awarded Spellemannprisen (Norwegian Grammy) for best female performance. In 2010 her 3rd album “The Brothel” was released to great critical / national acclaim, and ended up becoming the 2nd bestselling album of the year. Her musical style was by now quite ‘experimental and atmospheric’ within the ‘broad landscape of pop music’ and with her special, characterized voice it made for a very interesting – and moving – combination. In 2012 she released the album “The Silicone Veil”, and in 2017 the album “Music for People in Trouble”. She has also collaborated on several songs by Röyksopp, including “Running To The Sea” and “Never Ever” and now recently in 2022 providing vocals on 2 songs on Röyksopp’s newest album, one of them is “If You Want Me”. She has also taken part as a solo artist for Norway in FSC, and we are sure to see more of her musical talent in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC September 2022, “If You Want Me”, by Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør on vocals, is an almost hauntingly beautiful Nordic Electro-pop ballad written by Röyksopp themselves. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Röyksopp again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for September 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør – If You Want Me

As the evening’s dying down
I will tend my weary mind
I must rest this heavy head
Getting tired

All these complicated fears
Equal complicated tears
Through a misty veil of black
I am blinded

A quiet in this room
All this suffocating gloom
When the darkness pulls me in
I am drowning

All the things that might have been
There were signs I should have seen
All these thoughts will wear me down
‘Til I’m broken

Will you keep me hanging high
Will you bleed me out to die
I will tear myself apart
You belong here

Like a phototrophic spark
I will perish in the dark
When all light is washed away
It’s all ending

There are things you want to know
Certain things I should have shown
There’s so much I want to say
If you’ll let me

Will you keep me hanging high
Will you bleed me out to die
I will tear myself apart
You belong here

Draw the line out in the sand
If you want me, here I am
We were destined from the start
We’re forever

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - October 2022 - Helene Bøksle - Til Havet

D1DiYTh.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC October 2022, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 4.5 years, is the accomplished and popular Norwegian Folk-(pop) singer Helene Bøksle. Here is some more information about her.

Helene Margrete Bøksle, or just Helene Bøksle as is her artist-name, was born in 1981 near Kristiansand in southern Norway. She gained national fame in 2003 when she took part in the Norwegian talent-tv-show “Kjempesjansen”. In 2004 her musical and theatrical concept called “Elverhøy” was realised and a same-titled album was released in 2006. Helene’s own brand of Norwegian Folk-pop music, with folk-music rhythms and instrumentation (including the famous Norwegian Hardanger-fiddle, the Hardingfele) and also featuring her distinct beautiful crystal-clear voice, became very popular and she quickly established herself in the genre.

In 2008 she contributed with vocals on the Norwegian-produced MMORPG “Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures” Soundtrack. In early 2009 she then released her 2nd album called “Morild” which also became a success. In November 2009 Helene Bøksle released a Christmas album which consisted mostly of traditional Christmas songs but also the beautiful new song “Lys Til Nattsvart Jord” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC December 2009. She re-released her Christmas album in late 2010 and the album now included 2 added songs.

In February 2011 Helene participated in the Norwegian MGP with her beautiful Folk-pop single “Vardlokk”. She reached the MGP Final but did not make it to the top 4. Her song and performance was appreciated though. In June 2011 Helene Bøksle’s beautiful single “Hildring” was released. This was the song chosen as the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2011.

In late summer 2012 Helene Bøksle released the beautiful ballad “Ved havet”. This was the song chosen by the Norwegian Jury as the Norwegian entry in FSC January 2013.

In September 2013 her new CD-album “Svalbard” was finally released. The album included many beautiful songs performed in Norwegian in Helene Bøksle’s dialect, and one of these songs was the new, energetic Folk-pop song called “Hugtatt”. This was the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry in FSC January 2014.

Helene released more music in 2014/2015, incl. a few singles + an album aimed at children with her versions of famous Norwegian lullabies, “God natt, min skatt”, in November 2014.

In February 2016 she released a new digital single, a powerful Nordic Folk-ballad performed in Old Norse (Norrønt, an old Norwegian/Icelandic language spoken in the Nordics 800-1100 years ago) language called “Bifröst”. This was the title-song from the new Norwegian historic movie called “Birkebeinerne” which also premiered in February 2016. This was the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry in FSC March 2016. That same year she also released the album “Sanger fra vår ø” with Norwegian coastal traditional songs.

In October 2017 she released a single from a forthcoming album (“Winter Blessings”) called “The Blue Wave”. A second single, a Celtic-Norwegian Folk-ballad called “The Spirit In The Snow”, was released in November 2017. This was Norwegian entry in FSC May 2018. In 2020 she then released a Greatest Hits album called “Min Musikalske Historie” which included all her most famous songs. The same year she also released a ‘Live’ Christmas album.

In 2021 she participated on a CD-album called “Hjerter Nær Havet”, with songs from a local Musical, released in December 2021. One of the beautiful Nordic Folk-ballads from this album was “Til Havet”. This is the song chosen as the Norwegian entry here in FSC October 2022.

Helene Bøksle has in 2022 also released an EP called “Vegvisir”, based on a new project, which also includes a song in Old Norse. She is a versatile and talented artist, one of Norway’s most beloved Folk-(pop) singers, from whom we will without doubt hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC October 2022, “Til Havet”, is a beautiful Nordic Folk-ballad performed in Norwegian language by the talented Folk-(pop) artist Helene Bøksle. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Helene Bøksle again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in Norwegian with a translation into English language. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for October 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Helene Bøksle - Til Havet

Til Havet / To the Ocean
Har jeg gitt bort mitt hjerte / I have given my heart
Det elsker meg som jeg er / It loves me for who I am

Til Havet / To the Ocean
Kan jeg gi bort min smerte / I can unload my pain
Der skylles den langt av sted / Where it is swept far away

Nå har jeg vært / I have now been
Sterk nok så lenge / Strong enough for so long
Nær deg / Close to you
Lar jeg tårene falle / I let my tears fall

Du værer rundt meg / You encloak me
Og bærer mitt hjerte / And carry my heart
Til alt det vonde mister kraft / Until all the pain lessens

Til Havet / To the Ocean
Har jeg gitt bort mitt hjerte / I have given my heart
Det elsker meg som jeg er / It loves me for who I am

Til Havet / To the Ocean
Kan jeg gi bort min smerte / I can unload my pain
Der skylles den langt av sted / Where it is swept far away

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - November 2022 - Confidential ft. Madeleine Liljestam - Black Angel

EBTYXQZ.jpg

Representing Norway in November 2022, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 6 months, is the quite new Norwegian Symphonic Metal band called Confidential, this time ft. Swedish Metal Vocalist Madeleine Liljestam of the Swedish Metal band Eleine. Here is some more information about them.

Confidential is a fairly new Symphonic Metal band from Norway. The band consists of 4 members:

Astrid K Mjøen (lead vocals, songwriter and band founder)
Frode Hovd (rhythm guitar)
David Hovde (lead guitar)
Charlotte Stav (synths & backing vocals)

The band was founded in 2020. Astrid K Mjøen had been working as a freelance singer for some years and now wanted to form a band which played Symphonic Metal. She assembled the other members and they started work on songs which were to be included on a future album. The songs were of a very personal character, with stories from her life the past few years which had been challenging, something reflected in the very emotional and beautiful songs created.

Confidential blends haunting melodies (with Astrid K Mjøen’s beautiful voice shining) with intricate and bombastic symphonic arrangements, topped with heavy guitar work. The style is Symphonic Metal with some Gothic influences which places them bang in the centre of this Metal subgenre.

The debut-album called “Devil Inside”, preceeded by several singles, was finally released in March 2022 to very good reviews and fan appreciation. The album featured many guest artists like Jake E (ex Amaranthe, Cyhra), Madeleine Liljestam & Rikard Ekberg (Eleine) and Mike LePond (Symphony X). The album featured 12 songs, some more upbeat/uptempo and others in the Metal ballad genre, but all displaying the band’s talented craft in Symphonic Metal. One of the songs on this new album was the beautiful and melodic song called “Queen Of The Dark” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC May 2022.

Another beautiful song on the album is the Gothic Metal Power-ballad “Black Angel” which features Madeleine Liljestam in a strong duet with Astrid K Mjøen. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC November 2022.

Confidential is a very talented quite new Symphonic Metal band from Norway from whom we will without doubt hear more in the coming years.

Madeleine Liljestam is the lead vocalist of the Swedish Metal band Eleine. She is known for having a powerful voice and strong female vocals. The band is notable for mixing different kinds of genres, with the most prominent ones being Symphonic Metal, death metal and thrash metal. In April 2014 Eleine released their debut single and music video "Gathering Storm" after having recruited David Eriksson on drums, Sebastian Berglund on keyboards, and Andreas Mårtensson on bass in 2013. In the years since they have released 3 studio albums and 2 EPs. In January 2022 Eleine signed with record label Atomic Fire Records. Madeleine Liljestam also collaborated with Norwegian Symphonic Metal band Confidential on their single “Black Angel” from their 2022-album. Eleine are a popular Metal band from whom we will hear more in the future.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #165 November 2022, called “Black Angel”, is a beautiful Gothic Power-ballad performed by Astrid K Mjøen of Confidential and Madeleine Liljestam in a strong and powerful duet, showcasing the Dark vs the Light (Dark Angel vs Angel of Light as depicted in the professional video which accompanies the song). The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Confidential again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for November 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Confidential ft. Madeleine Liljestam - Black Angel

In your dreams you see me as your saviour
Close your eyes, I'll be your guide
See the stars believe you're one them
Only then you'll find your way

I hear a voice, is this a sign
Is this the time for me to shine?
You're in my dreams at night I fear
The black angel is here

Black angel eyes are all I fear
Feel my power within
I fold my hands, and send a prayer
Send a prayer

My heart is bleeding still it sings
Sense the wind of my black wings
Two souls are fallen, damned as twins

Don't try to run, or close your eyes
In dreams, no one will hear my cries
Two souls are falling, slowly dies

Come with me, I'll show you my desire
Sell your soul for one last time
The world ends here tonight, you are forsaken
Only I can guide your way

I feel a shadow haunting me
Forever lost, can't you see?
Release my soul, can I be free?

Only then can you be free
You're in my dreams at night, I fear
The black angel is here

Black angel eyes are all I fear
Feel my power within
I fold my hands, and send a prayer
Send a prayer

My heart is bleeding still it sings
Sense the wind of my black wings
Two souls are fallen, damned as twins

Don't try to run, or close your eyes
In dreams, no one will hear my cries
Two souls are falling, slowly dies

It’s too late, black angel's here

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - December 2022 - Metteson - Second Heart

aUCC4cx.jpg

Representing Norway in December 2022 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, the talented, popular and colourful Norwegian pop-singer called Metteson. Here is some more information about him.

Sverre Breivik (born 1993) is a Norwegian theatre actor and pop-singer who breaks male/female traditions with his colourful artistic work. He calls himself Metteson in his music career. He is from the town of Moss south-east of Oslo. He is educated at the Norwegian State Theatre College and after he graduated he began work in the theatre in Bergen where he had roles in ‘Fiddler on the Roof’, ‘Cinderella’, ‘Hamlet’ and a play called ‘Angels in America’.

He has said in interviews that he enjoys performing in the theatre but felt he needed to expand his artistic universe and so he began making music. His first single called “80 Miles” was released in 2019 and his first EP “Convince Me” came in 2021. It got rave reviews and included several popular songs among them the hits “Harder” and “Devotion”. The style was Synth-pop added to Metteson’s vocal style and arrangement.

In 2021 he was awarded a prize as Most Promising Newcomer in Norwegian Pop and was also nominated for a Norwegian Grammy Award as Best Newcomer. He kept on releasing new singles and held concerts in Norway and elsewhere, also joining stars such as AURORA on stage. The song “Under Your Shirt” became popular later in 2021 and he followed it with “Come, Cry”.

In March of 2022 he then released the dramatic theatrical pop-ballad called “Second Heart”, this also becoming very popular, which was accompanied by a colourful, artistic video in the style which he had by now become well known. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC December 2022.

Metteson is a talented Norwegian artist, ‘branching out’ in the theatre and in music in his own fashion, showing his artistry and making a name for himself, from whom we will without doubt hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #166 December 2022, called “Second Heart”, is a beautiful soaring, theatrical dramatic pop-ballad by the talented, popular and colourful Norwegian artist called Metteson. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Metteson in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for December 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Metteson - Second Heart

You followed me home before
It's always given, but feels like a loss
There's still more just friends conversations
Ahead of us

I'm deaf to the slamming door
Like a gunshot setting you free
Now all the city's dead ends
Form a straight line behind me

Why do I let my lips touch lips impure
Like I've never seen a fire before
Why do I always have to burn before I learn
How to let you go

Why do I rush to lay myself down bare
Like I have a second heart to spare
How to let you go

You followed me home again
Can one last time start the end
And can we sleep 'till we dawn as men
Who'll understand the reason why

Why I let my lips touch lips impure
How to let you go

How to let you go

Everytime I think that I can hold my own
Just as I've started healin'
Creeping up on me when I'm alone
The possibility of feelin'

Why do I let my lips touch lips impure
How to let you go

How to let you go

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

fpMgo09.gif

INTERMEZZO

On behalf of :no: FSC Norway I wish everyone in our FSC Community

xrose -GOD JUL og GODT NYTT ÅR 2023- xrose
Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year 2023

The Christmas-spirit is embodied in this beautiful
Norwegian Christmas Psalm about the Virgin Mary
sung by Elisabeth Andreassen and Sondre Bratland

Enjoy - and Happy Holidays!!
tqcd9Op.gif

fpMgo09.gif

INTERMEZZO

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
MYENboe.jpg

jWYkOvD.jpg

MYENboe.jpg

:no: FSC Norway 2022: End of Year Reflections

Some personal reflections when I look back at the Norwegian FSC Year 2022 and all the songs I have sent to the FSC from Norway.

1. Which Norwegian FSC 2022 entry do I love the most?

Like I usually say, I love all the songs I have sent to FSC for Norway to some extent but some are more special than others. My favourite song from FSC 2022 from Norway - and also my favourite FSC-song overall in FSC in 2022 of all FSC-songs - is my FSC May 2022 entry by Confidential (‘Queen of the Dark’). I have loved it from the first time I heard it. As I said at the time, I think it may be the best Metal-entry Norway ever sent to FSC, a quality-entry that one usually only hears from Nighwish and similar famous Metal bands. Confidential are a new Norwegian Symphonic Metal Band in a subgenre of Metal with very few Norwegian bands, primarily Sirenia.

2. What is the strangest/most unconventional Norwegian FSC 2022 entry?

I did not enter a very strange entry per se in 2022, but the Norwegian entry for FSC June by AURORA (‘Heathens’) is perhaps the most unconventional in that AURORA’s songs are often not mainstream and have their own ‘vibe’. It was the case with this entry as well, an art-pop style song with a similar ‘artistic’ video. AURORA has her own style and is popular.

3. What Norwegian 2022 entry was the biggest (positive) surprise result wise?

I would have to say our FSC September 2022 winning entry (‘If You Want me’) by Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør. They have had success together in FSC before but this song was a non-mainstream electro-ballad that I found ‘special’, beautiful and wanted to enter but which I suspected would be divisive among our members. Seeing it win was a big surprise for me - and very pleasant one at that! I was also positively surprised to see Sigrid’s song (‘Burning Bridges’) in FSC January 2022 end a great 3rd. She is popular too and her song was a pop-banger but I did not believe it would go as high as top 6, never mind top 3.

4. Which Norwegian 2022 entries were the biggest disappointment result wise?

Compared to the Norwegian ‘golden years’ in FSC (2013-2019) 2022 has been a somewhat weak Norwegian year result wise. Like last year it’s been a very mixed bag. We got 1 victory and 2 x 3rd places but also a bunch of results around 20th place and 7 months outside the top 10 which historically is below par for us.

My biggest disappointment in general was that Confidential’s aforementioned Metal-song in FSC May 2022 did not get even higher in the ranking (it ended 14th). This is much because I adore that song and feel it is a Norwegian FSC-classic in the Metal genre.

Result wise though, without a doubt the biggest disappointment was Alan Walker’s 26th place (‘Paradise’) in FSC February 2022. Not his best FSC-entry in truth but even so melodic EDM-quality I thought and considering his FSC-history I had expected a much better result.

I must also mention Confidential’s second FSC-song (‘Black Angel’) for Norway in FSC November 2022 which ended a poor 21st. I would never have guessed it would do so poorly, another quality entry in my mind.

5. Which new Norwegian artist/band was it especially fun to enter in FSC for Norway in 2022?

I select Confidential again, in part because they are almost unique in playing the Symphonic Metal scene in Norway (besides Sirenia), in part because I love their music (even if they are imho underrated in FSC). Norway is one of say 10 nations or so in FSC who bring Metal to the contest and it is good to see some musical diversity. It was also cool to bring Sigrid to FSC. I had considered entering her for a long while but waited until I found the ‘right’ song.

6. Best result for Norway in FSC 2022?

Our victory and win with Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør in FSC September 2022. It was the 1st Norwegian FSC-victory in 2 years and very much appreciated and cherished.

7. Anything special with regards to Norway’s entries in 2022?

2 songs in the Norwegian language were entered in 2022 (TIX and Helene Bøksle). As mentioned before, my goal has been to enter at least 2 songs in Norwegian language each FSC-year. Norwegian artists still release most music in English language these days and some of those who do release in Norwegian are not that suitable for the contest as considered. Favourite songs are entered regardless of language though.

With regards to genre, as before my goal has been to mix genres to get some variety in the entries. In 2022 Norway sent the following: Norwegian Folk ballad, Electronic Dance Music (EDM), Symphonic Metal, Pop-ballad, Art-pop, Scandipop, Epic Cinematic instrumental music and an Electro-ballad.

8. My favourite non-Norwegian FSC-song of 2022?

My favourite non-Norwegian song of 2022 was :ba: Bosnia & Herzegovina: Elvedina Šehić - Hvala ti . in FSC October 2022. I love much music from ex-Yugoslavia, especially the wonderful Balkan-ballads but also these kinds of ethno-pop entries with catchy beats/rhythms. A great entry which got my 12 points that month!

9. My favourite FSC-countries of 2022 (ref. 12 points given)?

With regards to my personal 12 points (favourite entries) for Norway given in 2022, they were as follows (from month 1 January 2022 to month 12 December 2022):

:ru::tw::rs::pt::cy::bg::mx::bg::mx::ba::lt::hr:

Mexico and Bulgaria got my 12 points twice. Well done all! xup

10. My favourite FSC-countries (most voted for) over the years as of December 2022?

:rs: Serbia increased its lead at the top of my ranking list through the year. They were followed by :ru: Russia and :ro: Romania. :mx: Mexico must also be mentioned since they managed to climb into my top 10 for the first time with some strong results in the second part of 2022. Further down my list :ch: Switzerland moved up the list and as did :lt: Lithuania.

11. Any particular Norwegian artist/band I miss not being able to send to the FSC?

I have usually quoted Christine Guldbrandsen and that still stands. She keeps focusing on the musical theatre and it seems unlikely that she will re-start her music career in the near furture. Maria Arredondo is in the same category. There are some famous Norwegian artists I have entered in FSC before whom I would like to enter again some day if they make songs that I really like. Examples are Alexander Rybak and Margaret Berger. They both still release music but have changed their styles somewhat and I preferred their old style music.

12. Final reflections

It has been another enjoyable FSC-year and I am happy I have been able to share so many great Norwegian songs with you all.

As always the greatest pleasure is to share songs and to get to know new songs and artists from all over the world which one would seldom come across otherwise. Result wise it has, as mentioned, been a very mixed bag and at times a bit disappointing but the victory in September helped a lot. Several of our songs have been embraced by members and the FSC Community and that means the most. Also, Norway still ranks top of the FSC League Table over time in the contest which is great and a proud achievement.

I have been in FSC for over 13 years now and 159 consecutive editions. All the time and effort I have put into running this contest over the years together with the FSC Mods is worth it when I ‘see’ the smiles and joy it puts on people’s faces every month, at the LL, the FSC Show and in our FSC Community. Together with you all I cherish this beloved song contest of ours which keeps bringing me much joy and excitement.

Looking forward to the FSC Year 2023 with Norway - thank you to you all for all your great songs/entries, for supporting Norwegian entries and for sharing in / being part of this valuable online FSC Community of ours! Happy New Year 2023, everyone! xcheer xhug

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Admin / Head of FSC Norway
:no:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - January 2023 - KEiiNO - Nights of Thunder

I9ztyxy.jpg

Representing Norway in January 2023, and returning to the FSC for Norway, is the Eurovision-famous Norwegian/Sami group KEiiNO who won the popular televote in ESC 2019. Here is some more information about them.

KEiiNO is a Norwegian/Sami Folk-pop group consisting of Norwegian singers Tom Hugo and Alexandra Rotan, and Norwegian Sámi rapper/joiker Fred Buljo.

The group was established in the late summer of 2018 when Tom Hugo (songwriter) and partner Alex Olsson began writing “Spirit in the Sky”, a Norwegian/Sami Folk-pop song inspired by historical struggles for equality. Later the singer Alexandra Rotan and Sámi rapper/joiker Fred Buljo joined the project which became a Norwegian-Sami co-project.

The group name KEiiNO was inspired by the name of Fred Buljo’s home town Kautokeino (Sami: Guovdageaidnu). The last part -geaidnu translates to the “way” or “road” which Buljo stated “represents the road that brought us together”.

Although the three singers had had some success as solo artists, their dreams were truly realised after joining forces – a force the Sámi (the indigenous people of Norway) believe you can find connecting with nature. The northern lights, dancing colourful and free, serve as a symbol of how KEiiNO believes everyone should be allowed to feel – regardless of who they love, how they look or where they are from. KEiiNO dares to dream that their music will inspire people all over the world to rise above differences and work together.

“Spirit in the Sky” was entered in Melodi Grand Prix (MGP) 2019, quickly became a fan favourite, and it ended up winning the national final. In the ESC-final the entry received the highest points from the European public’s televoting, winning the televote with an impressive 291 points, ending 6th in the end (including jury-votes).

“Spirit in the Sky” became a huge and popular hit around Europe. After ESC, KEiiNO released several other songs, a cover-version of the US-song “Shallow”, the single “Praying”, another cover in Swedish “Vill Ha Dig”, and finally a new original single “Dancing in the Smoke” released in October 2019. This single was the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2019.

In 2020 KEiiNO released several singles incl. “Black Leather” and “Would I Lie”. They also released the single “Colours”, performed in both Sami language and English. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC May 2020. That same month KEiiNO released their debut album “Okta” which included all their hits and some other new songs.

In February 2021 they competed in Norwegian MGP again, this time with a song called “Monument”. It came 2nd in the Norwegian final. Following MGP, they released a new single called “Unbreakable” in mid-March 2021. This song was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2021.

KEiiNO released several more singles in the next year: “Addjas”, “Venus”, “A New Beginning” and the cover-song “On a Night Like This”. The songs have shown some diversity in music styles. In October 2021 they also released the Nordic Gothic Scandipop single “End of Time (Taste of Heaven)” which had glam pop rock-ish Halloween-vibes. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2022.

In 2022 they also released the song “Mother of the Night”, and then in November 2022 another song was released, the catchy sing-along Nordic Scandipop song called “Nights of Thunder”. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC January 2023.

KEiiNO keep on making music, having concerts (they also had an Australian tour in 2022) and gaining popularity worldwide so we are sure to hear more from them in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #167 January 2023, called “Nights of Thunder”, is another catchy and melodic Scandipop song by KEiiNO, a sing-along song with wonderful harmonies and beautiful vocals. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter KEiiNO again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for January 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

KEiiNO - Nights of Thunder

One, Two, Three
And it's hard to breathe
I hum quietly
And you're here with me

Like a ghost
In my head
A memory

When I hear you singing
All our favourite songs
Like we could be heroes
When we were young

Dancing all excited
Crying to every song
All our nights of thunder
Where have you gone

Where have you gone

One, Two, Three
Sing it differently
With a melody
That can set me free

Like a flame
Can ignite
Our history

When I hear you singing
All our favourite songs
Like we could be heroes
When we were young

Dancing all excited
Crying to every song
Where have you gone

Where have you gone

Sleep forever
Dream on
Just play me sad songs
Just like heaven

Just like Lana
Keep hallucinating
Show me memories
From a lost world

Sing for me
Our melody

When I hear you singing
All our favourite songs
Like we could be heroes
When we were young

Dancing all excited
Crying to every song
Where have you gone

Where have you gone

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - February 2023 - Ulrikke - Feels Like Home

hAM3ZFT.jpg

Representing Norway in February 2023 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, the talented MGP-famous pop-singer, songwriter and musical artist Ulrikke. Here is some more information about her.

Ulrikke Brandstorp (born July 1995 in Sarpsborg, Norway), more commonly known as Ulrikke, is a Norwegian pop-singer, songwriter and musical actress. She is known for participating in the Norwegian singing competitions PopIDOL (2013), The Voice (2015), Stjernekamp (2018) and in 2020 as a participant (“Trollet”) and subsequent winner of the TV show Maskorama (Masked Singer).

She participated in Melodi Grand Prix 2017, in which she finished in fourth place with the song “Places”. In 2019, she played the role of Liesl in the musical The Sound of Music, performed in the Folketeateret in Oslo. In 2020, she won Melodi Grand Prix 2020 with the song “Attention” and was supposed to represent Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest 2020 held in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, before the contest was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

She was offered a direct entry to the finals of Melodi Grand Prix 2021 in February that year but declined the offer to compete. She instead returned as a guest, performing at the final a new version of “Attention”, and also her single “Falling Apart”.

She released many other singles in the period 2017 to 2020 incl. “Play With”, “Sick of Love”, “Careless”, “Shallow” (with Ben Adams), and “Cry”. In November 2020 she released her debut album, a Christmas album called “Spend Christmas with Me” from which she released a single in Norwegian called “Nyttårsnatt” (with Norwegian singer-songwriter Trygve Skaug).

In 2023 she has participated once again in Norwegian MGP with a song called “Honestly” and has reached the Norwegian final as 1 of 9 entries. It remains to be seen how she will do in the final in February. She has also released several singles in the past year including a song called “Young” and a catchy pop-song called “Feels Like Home” (released in September 2022). This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC February 2023.

We will without doubt hear more from this talented singer, songwriter and musical artist in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #168 February 2023, called “Feels Like Home”, is a catchy and melodic pop-song performed by Ulrikke. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Ulrikke in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for February 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Ulrikke - Feels Like Home

Same place
Tryna get by
Same face
Tryna fake a smile
Wish I was somewhere else

Damn train
In the A.M.
Grey days
Oh my god, here we go again
Wish I was somewhere else

Now I know that
It's just somebody
That I used to be
I was lost, No, that ain't me

Cause I was...
Fine on the surface
Inside I was broken
Nowhere to call my own
When I'm with you it feels like home

Losing my purpose
A drop in the ocean
I know where I belong
Now I'm with you it feels like home

When I’m with you it feels like home

Hard times
Got me moving slow
My life, misaligned
From the get go
No, it wasn't making sense

Now I know that
It's just somebody
That I used to be
I was lost, No, that ain't me

Cause I was...
Fine on the surface
Inside I was broken
Nowhere to call my own

Losing my purpose
A drop in the ocean
I know where I belong

When I’m with you

I was lost and I
Didn't know my mind
Left that all behind

And I knew it had to change
Heard you say my name
Took my hand, took my heart
Brought me back again

Fine on the surface
Inside I was broken
Nowhere to call my own

Losing my purpose
A drop in the ocean
I know where I belong

Losing my purpose
A drop in the ocean
I know where I belong
Now I’m with you it feels like home

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - March 2023 - Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør - Oh, Lover

UzoXGOp.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC March 2023, and returning to FSC for Norway, is the accomplished and popular Norwegian Electro-Pop duo Röyksopp. They are back in another musical collaboration with the popular and talented Norwegian singer-songwriter Susanne Sundfør. Here is some more information about them.

Röyksopp is a Norwegian Electro-Pop duo from Tromsø, Norway. The group consists of the members Svein Berge and Torbjørn Brundtland. Röyksopp was formed in 1998. The word ‘röyksopp’ is alas a stylized version of the Norwegian word for the ‘puffball mushroom’, “røyksopp”. The band has stated that the word could also evoke the mushroom cloud resulting from an atomic blast. They have experimented with different genres within electronic music.

Since their 1998 debut, the duo has gained critical acclaim and popular success around the world. Röyksopp has been nominated for 1 Grammy Award, Brit Awards, and won a total of 7 Spellemannprisen awards (Norwegian ‘Grammys’). They have toured around the world.

Albums: “Melody A.M.” (2001), “The Understanding” (2005), “Junior” (2009), “Senior” (2010), “Do It Again” (EP 2014), “The Inevitable End” (2014), “Lost Tapes” (2019 singles), “Profound Mysteries” (2022), “Profound Mysteries 2” (2022), “Profound Mysteries 3 (2022)”.

FSC entries as of December 2022: “The Girl And The Robot” (June 2009 ft. Robyn), “Running To The Sea” (March 2013 ft. Susanne Sundfør), “Do It Again” (July 2014 ft. Robyn), “Monument: Remix” (February 2015 ft. Robyn), “Never Ever” (January 2017 ft. Susanne Sundfør), “If You Want Me” (September 2022 ft. Susanne Sundfør).

Röyksopp ‘semi’retired’ from the music business in 2015 but returned some years later as can be seen from the discography above. They are active again with the 3 albums released in 2022.

A popular song on the album “Profound Mysteries 2” (2022) was the melodic and catchy Electro-pop song “Oh, Lover” which again featured Susanne Sundfør on vocals. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC March 2023.

Röyksopp are a talented and popular Norwegian Electro-pop duo who keep reinventing themselves in their artistry and we will for sure see and hear more of them in the future.

Susanne Aartun Sundfør (born 1986 in Haugesund, Norway) is a popular and acclaimed Norwegian pop-artist & singer-songwriter. She released 5 studio albums between 2007-2015. In February 2008 she was awarded Spellemannprisen (Norwegian Grammy) for best female performance. In 2010 her 3rd album “The Brothel” was released to great critical / national acclaim. Her musical style was by now quite ‘experimental and atmospheric’ and emphasized by her distinct beautiful vocals. In 2012 she released the album “The Silicone Veil”, and in 2017 the album “Music for People in Trouble”. She has also collaborated on several songs by Röyksopp, incl. “Running To The Sea”, “Never Ever” and more recently in 2022 with “If You Want Me”. In 2023 she sang vocals on the song “Oh, Lover”. She has also taken part as a solo artist for Norway in FSC. We are sure to see more of her musical talent in the coming years.

The Norwegian entry for FSC March 2023, “Oh, Lover”, by Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør on vocals, is a melodic and catchy mid-tempo Electro-pop song written by Röyksopp themselves. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Röyksopp again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for March 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør - Oh, Lover

I'm trying to go forward
I'm trying to forget
Our time inside the bubble
The hours that we spent

But lover
You made me feel like no other
Touching me deeper than others
Making me feel I was wanted

Like elongated shadows
The days will never end
I'm looking at your number
I wonder, should I dare?

Oh, my lover

I'm looking at your number
I wonder, should I dare?
I know I shouldn't bother
I know it isn't fair

Oh, my lover

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - April 2023 - Thomas Bergersen ft. Merethe Soltvedt - Night Queen

InqAom9.jpg

Representing Norway in April 2023, and returning to the FSC for Norway, is the talented and famous Norwegian Cinematic Music Composer Thomas Bergersen, this time featuring Norwegian singer Merethe Soltvedt on vocals. Here is some more information about him.

Thomas Jacob Bergersen (born 4th July 1980, Trondheim, Norway), professionally known as Thomas Bergersen, is a well known Norwegian music composer, multi-instrumentalist, and also the co-founder of the production music company and music project Two Steps From Hell (which also has participated for Norway in FSC). Bergersen’s compositions have featured in many motion picture campaigns, such as Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Twilight Saga, Harry Potter, The Da Vinci Code, The Dark Knight, Tron: Legacy and hundreds more. Bergersen has scored over one thousand soundtracks and film trailers in all, an impressive feat.

He started his musical career as a demoscener, writing tracked modules under the name Lioz in the group Index. The release of a 2007 trance-style single titled “Remember September” saw Bergersen team with fellow Norwegian artist Boom Jinx.

In May 2010, Bergersen and his business partner, Nick Phoenix, released a debut public Epic Music Two Steps From Hell album titled ‘Invincible’, featuring some of their most popular tracks, including “Freedom Fighters” and “Heart of Courage”. Several additional commercial album releases have since followed, including ‘Archangel’ and ‘SkyWorld’.

2011 saw the release of a solo-produced album/soundtrack from Thomas Bergersen, titled ‘Illusions’. His second solo public album called ‘Sun’ was released in September 2014 and had many popular tracks including the epic song ‘Empire of Angels’. With his epic cinematic style he was gaining a following around the world, both with his solo-work, his many motion picture/movie-compositions, and also with his Two Steps From Hell collaboration.

He has also released several commercial singles since 2011, including "Heart” and “The Hero in Your Heart,” for disaster relief after several extreme nature tragedies in the world. He has also composed a fair amount of music which has not ever been commercially released.

In March of 2020 the 7 part album series ‘Humanity’ was announced. ‘Humanity’ is intended to be a 7 part album series exploring all aspects of human emotion. In July 2020 the album ‘Humanity - Chapter I’ was released to acclaim. One of the epic and beautiful songs on this new album was the song ‘Mountain Call” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2020. That same month he released the 2nd album in his series, called “Humanity - Chapter 2”. It included the popular epic musical piece called “We Are Legends”, a fan favourite.

In May 2021 he released the 3rd album in his series, called “Humanity - Chapter 3”. One of the beautiful epic cinematic songs on this new album was “Red” which was the Norwegian entry in June 2021. In September 2021 he released “Humanity - Chapter 4” which had the theme “Planet Earth”. He continued his work with the 5th Chapter of his “Humanity”-series which is to be released now in April 2023. The 1st single from this forthcoming album which was released in February 2023 is an epic cinematic song called “Night Queen” which features the Norwegian singer Merethe Soltvedt on vocals (she has sung vocals on many melodies by Thomas Bergersen before and is a talented singer with beautiful crystal-clear vocals). This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC April 2023.

Thomas Bergersen will continue to work on his monumental “Humanity” project and we will without doubt be able to enjoy many new beautiful compositions of his in the time to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC April 2023, “Night Queen”, by Thomas Bergersen ft. Merethe Soltvedt on vocals, is a beautiful grand epic cinematic melody written by Thomas Bergersen. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Thomas Bergersen again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for April 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Thomas Bergersen ft. Merethe Soltvedt - Night Queen

She’s the Queen of the Night
For our god and king, she'll fight
And relentlessly she walks
To the edge of the world

Through the fire and flames
Through her enemies' remains
They will see her glory now

Shadows will call her name
In her darkest time but
Light will come break the pain
And once more she’ll cut
The final piece of the truth
That is holding her back
Endlessly and eternally

To the edge of the world

They will see her glory
Tell her story

Of the terror and disaster
Of the legendary master

And was born from the ashes of dry tears
Never knew what a life she could lead
Came of age, in a time of sorrow
Born to light, light our way, home

To the edge of the world

They will see her glory now
Tell her story now

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - May 2023 - Eline Noelia - Strings Attached

lnaFo7b.jpg

Representing Norway in May 2023 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, the talented young Norwegian Scandipop-singer of some MGP-fame Eline Noelia. Here is some more information about her.

Eline Noelia Myreng, artist name Eline Noelia, is a 23-year-old artist and songwriter from Tønsberg, Norway. She comes from a very musical family, which naturally has left its mark on her own dreams.

It started with Christian pop and children’s albums, but she eventually moved into regular pop. As an artist, Eline is inspired by the catchy pop from the 2010s, Lady Gaga is one of her inspirations, but also legends from the 90s. Eline has worked with music full time for several years, including as a singer in the event industry. She has also spent considerable time in the studio.

When the Tønsberg girl studied pop music at Limpi, her career as a singer really begun and she became acquainted with the producer Audun Agnar Gulbrandsen. He is the man behind “Ecstasy”, the song which Eline participated with in MGP 2022. She got to the semi-final stage but got many fans both nationally and internationally.

Later in 2022 she released several new and popular songs incl. “Shockwave”, “Don’t Pray For Me”, “I’m Good” and “Unholy” ft. Falito.

In April 2023 she then released her newest song called “Strings Attached”, an extremely catchy melodic Scandipop-song with MF-Schlager vibes. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury here in FSC May 2023.

Eline Noelia is a young, energetic and upcoming talented artist from whom we will without doubt hear more in the future.

The Norwegian entry for FSC May 2023, called “Strings Attached”, is an extremely catchy and uplifting melodic Scandipop-song with some MF-Schlager vibes performed by Eline Noelia. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Eline Noelia in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for May 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Eline Noelia - Strings Attached

You came and you changed the facts
Now I hope that there’s dreams attached
Baby, I think I can do without
I’m kinda hoping we got strings attached

I know you’re no compromise
This’ not my feathery favour

I like the taste of a guy
Who is gone when I wake up

The thought of coupling up