Contact us

FSC Grammy Awards 2012 - Discussion

Kryptonite

As I said earlier, we'll continue the tradition and organize FSC Grammy Awards 2012 and FSC Anniversary show! The later doesn't really need much discussion because it exists since 2009, but the FSC Grammies are a relatively new thing and that's why I opened this thread. First of all, let's start off with some trailer I made! :cool:

The title mentions "discussion" and that's what this thread is about. I won't start collecting nominations just yet, because I want to hear your opinion about some things.

1. Host city, venue and hosts

This is the fun part! Please, write your suggestions for the host city and hosts in this topic! The city, which will get the most nominations will become a host city and the 2 hosts (1 male + 1 female) which will be mentioned the most will become the hosts of this event.

2. Categories

Last year we had 17 categories: Best male artist, Best female artist, Best group, Most underrated entry, Most overrated entry, Should've won entry, Best pop entry, Best rock entry, Best folk entry, Best ballad entry, Best dance entry, Best rap entry, Best comedy entry, Best WTF entry, Most in-tune jury (jury whose votes reflect overall results), Most daring jury (jury that sends diverse song types) and Most helpful FSC-er.

Question number 1: Does anyone think that we should add a new category / replace it with an old one?

Question number 2: Do you feel like there's too many categories?
I want FSC Grammies to be accesssible for anyone and 17 categories may be too much to handle for some of you.

3. Nominations

Reggie (as the creator of this awards show) started off with 1 nomination per category, but we all soon realized that this would just be too hard! So, in the end, he accepted 3 nominations for each category.

Question number 3: How many nominations should we have? Is 3 okay, or should we increase / reduce the number?

And a special note: you won't be able to nominate (and later vote) for your own entry, country or self.

4. Procedure

The whole procedure will stay pretty much the same.

1st stage (the same): I'll collect the nominations for each category.
2nd stage: Songs, which gained nominations in the previous stage will be announced and you'll vote for one of them in each category.
3rd stage: The results show - I'll present the winners (entry / country / FSC-er with the most votes).

I have some doubts about the 2nd stage.

Question number 4: Do you think that we should make a limit? For example: only 5 entries with the most nominations will be put up for the voting?

The dates will be set up earlier, but we do not need to hurry at all. Last year it was like that:

Time to send your nominations: approximately 1 month
Time to vote for the winner: approximately 1 month

We can speed the pace up or slow it down.

And another (that's logical) thing: you'll only be able to vote for the entries, which were submitted from FSC January 2012 - FSC December 2012.

You don't have to answer all the questions. I just want to hear your opinion!:D

LakZaNokte

Q1: i'm fine with these; no idea for a new one xshrug
Q2: nope xbow
Q3: 3 is ok xbow
Q4: yes, there should be a limit; 3 or 5 songs xshrug
1 month for both nominations and voting is a bit too much, imo. 2 or 3 weeks for each is enough xshrug

LakZaNokte

btw, when we suggest host city and the hosts, should those hosts and the city all be from the same country? :confused:

Kryptonite

Q1: i'm fine with these; no idea for a new one xshrug
Q2: nope xbow
Q3: 3 is ok xbow
Q4: yes, there should be a limit; 3 or 5 songs xshrug
1 month for both nominations and voting is a bit too much, imo. 2 or 3 weeks for each is enough xshrug

I agree with you on Q4. IMO, it's really hard to vote between (for example) 10 different songs in each category.

And about Q5: I'd like to hear some other opinions on this one as well.

Thanks for commenting! :D

kopachka

My answers would be the same as the ones that Lak posted, so you can consider them, too :)
About length of nominating and voting - 2 weeks is more than enough!

Hele.

Q1: Ok
Q2: Maybe I would add category "Best organized NF". It would be voted and decided by FSC mods as they are only one who can see it. ;) Even maybe "Best promotions".
Q3: Ok.
Q4: Maybe 3 weeks maximum. ;)

Mozz

Hi Nejc,

Did everybody have to vote/nominate in every category in previous years?

I ask this because of the nomination "Best rap entry". I can't remember we had many of that and if I were obliged to nominate one, I would have to go through all the entries of the past year, to see which entries contained a rap act.

WhoKnows

For categories, last year I didn't know what to do with diets. Maybe add a Best Duo/Collaboration category to encompass songs with featured artists. Also, I personally am not a fan of Funny/WTF categories because I never know what they mean or what to put there. Another bare category is Rap. How many rap songs do we get each year, let alone good ones? Maybe make it a Rap, Hip Hop or RnB category?

As for number of entrees in each category, maybe allow people to vote for up to 10 in each but also let them pick less too if they can't come up with 10.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I sent my idea through pm, but I then noticed I could share it here too :lol:

I'd like to see a new category: Best slogan from an FSC entry (a part from the lyrics of an FSC entry that became a slogan and was used in the forum often)

Also, someone mentioned best duet/collaboration, I support that one too!

And about rap/hip hop, I think we shouldn't have it because they were very few songs in that genre. Perhaps having a category "best alternative entry" and have the rap/hip hop included there would be better!

Definitely I'd love to have the best "WTF" and the joke entry award, it's something I'm looking forward to! :lol:

Kryptonite

Hi Nejc,

Did everybody have to vote/nominate in every category in previous years?

I ask this because of the nomination "Best rap entry". I can't remember we had many of that and if I were obliged to nominate one, I would have to go through all the entries of the past year, to see which entries contained a rap act.

No, I think that you should be allowed to skip a category if you can't find nominees.

Yeah, that's true. There weren't many rap songs this year. Perhaps we should take WhoKnows's suggestion into consideration and make it Best Rap, Hip Hop or RnB category? xthink

LakZaNokte

Suggestion for host city and hosts

Dubrovnik.jpg
Dubrovnik (:hr:)
000d60aa06df091e438e57.jpg
Heidi Klum (:de:)
javier-bardem-operado-2.jpg
Javier Bardem (:es:)

if it gets chosen, i will add some short info on all 3 hosts xbow

doctormalisimo

Q1 & 2:
I'll answer with my opinions on the categories. I like this category I dont like this category

Best male artist
Best female artist
Best group

Most underrated entry isnt this the same as should've won?
Most overrated entry could cause some drama. I dont mind this though. I love drama.
Should've won entry
Best pop entry
Best rock entry
Best folk entry
Best ballad entry
Best dance entry
Best rap entry
probably better if this was RnB
Best comedy entry
Best WTF entry isnt this the same as best comedy entry?
Most in-tune jury (jury whose votes reflect overall results) this shouldnt be rewarded imo
Most daring jury (jury that sends diverse song types)
Most helpful FSC-er. this isnt a music award

New categories I'd like:
Best electronic
Best alternative
Best non-English
Best international collaboration (only saying this because I won with one of these)
Best duet
Best last placer (voting penalties excluded)

Q3: 3 is fine. 5 would be better. No to nominating/voting for own entries

Q4: there should be 5 nominees in each category imo.

As for the host city, I'd recommend the host city of FSC #1 - :lu: Luxembourg

Mozz

I like the new category "Best Alternative". But I would call it "Best Alternative/Indie", because there are some differences between both (sometimes these differences are just subtle, but still better to cover both areas)

daniels1000

1. Female host - Sarah Dawn Finer xbow
Host city - Stockholm, Sweden or Faroe Islands

2. I would add the following categories: Best duet, Best winner, Best FSC spin-off entry (I'm not sure if it's possible, though), Best FSC country (and I'm not sure about this one, as well)

3. 3 nominations is fine.

4. 5-7 entries with the most nominations should be put up for the voting imo (so I would say 6 is the best).

I think that 1 month is a bit too much. 2 or 3 weeks for nominations and 2 weeks for voting is more than enough.

nofuxCZ

I like the new categories Doctor posted, especially Best Alternative and Best Non-English

Q4: IMO there should be at least 5 nominees in each category, but I wouldn't mind even more.
2-3 weeks for nominations and another 2-3 weeks for voting is more than enough.

Top Bottom