Contact us

FSC Czech Republic

honzak11

:cz: :cz: CZECH REPUBLIC :cz: :cz:

Entry for FSC #125 - Matt Pardus & BRGR:
Jsem mnou

2-121.jpg

Matěj Kubec (performing as "Matt Pardus") is a Czech singer, songwriter, choreograph and influencer. Since a very young age he has put all of his talent and enthusiasm into music and dancing.

He has been playing the piano which gave him musical grounding. Although he's been active in all sorts of musical projects, he is most widely known as a dancer, choreographer and lecturer since he was 16. Regarding his musical endeavours, he was part of a r'n'b / hiphop group called Red Team, which was performing all over the Czech Republic.

After that as a solo artist, he collaborated with many artists more widely known in his home country, the Czech Republic. In the summer 2009, he wrote a song for a band Asia Dalmateens called Kill The Boys. In 2010, Matt released his first single called "Leto", which was his duet with the queen of the Czech r'n'b Victoria. The song was already recorded in 2008 but released 3 years later.

In 2011 Matt was part of the Czech & Slovak Idol where he reached semi-finals. He was opening for Kosheen in Prague too.
He is currently performing with his dancing group JustIncredible Team and on new songs, experimenting and finding his own sound.

About the song...
The song "Jsem mnou" is a collaboration of Matt and a Filipino producer BRGR who works in the US. Matt and BRGR met in London though. It is a motivational song that encourages anyone regardless of age to pursue what they like to do and enjoy doing. Matt revelas that this song sescribes what he's currently going through in his life.

Lyrics // My amateur translation

Nekdy je lehci mit hlavu sklonenou // Sometimes it's easier to bow your head
A poslouchat slova ktery zabolej // and listen to the words that hurt
To znam // I know this

Ale vzpominky, ty mi pripomenou // But my memories will remind me
tu cestu, na kterou nikdy nejsem sam // of the journey on which I am not alone

Ale kdyz bezim, letim zivotem svym, // But when I run and fly through my life
obcas zapominam, kym doopravdy se stavam // sometimes I forget who I actually become
Nekdy zapomenout nechci odkud vysel jsem a kam // Sometimes I don't want to forget where I came from and where I'm heading to
ze jsem to stale ja // that this is still me
ze navzdy budu zit se sebou // that I'll always be living with myself

Jsem mnou // I'm myself
Jsem mnou // I'm myself

Uz neveris sobe ani sile svy // You don't believe in yourself nor in your power anymore
slova nikdy a nezvladnu vitezi // the words "never" and "I can't do" are winning
To znam // I know this.

Ale na co myslis, v to veris, to se skutecnosti stava // But what you are thinking of is what you believe in and that becomes reality
nesmis se bat, vstat, chtit a davat // you should not be worried to get up, to want and to give

Ale kdyz bezim, letim zivotem svym, // But when I run and fly through my life
obcas zapominam, kym doopravdy se stavam // sometimes I forget who I actually become
Nekdy zapomenout nechci odkud vysel jsem a kam // Sometimes I don't want to forget where I came from and where I'm heading to
ze jsem to stale ja // that this is still me
ze navzdy budu zit se sebou // that I'll always be living with myself

Jsem mnou // I'm myself
Jsem mnou // I'm myself
Jsem mnou // I'm myself
Jsem mnou // I'm myself
Jsem mnou // I'm myself
Jsem mnou // I'm myself

theditz83

Veteran
Congrats on the Top 3 last edition [MENTION=15184]honzak11[/MENTION] - excellent song and one of the few that my co-juror and I disagreed with ;)

Looking forward to more awesome songs xlove

honzak11

Congrats on the Top 3 last edition [MENTION=15184]honzak11[/MENTION] - excellent song and one of the few that my co-juror and I disagreed with ;)

Aww thank you, this is very kind of you! I'm now in Glasgow, so sending greetings from Glasgow to wherever you are in Scotland :D

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

What you on about. :lol: we both ranked it first? XD

honzak11

Entry for FSC #127 - Tereza Mašková:
Žár

ZAR74dcc6_TerezaMakov.jpg

Tereza Mašková is a Czech singer, born on 11 April 1996 in the city of Třinec. Currently, she focusses mainly on pop and funk music. As her greatest achievement to date she considers her victory in the Czech version of the singing competition SuperStar in 2018. Shortly after her victory, we was offered to perform in the fifth series of the show “Tvoje tvář má známý hlas” (the Czech equivalent of the famous TV show “Your face sounds familiar”), where she placed 4th.
Her first single was released in November 2018, called “New Me”. She likewise released her first album that consists of the songs she had sang in the singing competition SuperStar and 2 hits that she had performed in the show Tvoje tvář má známý hlas.

Some interesting links...
  1. Only very few people know that Tereza’s first TV performance dates back to 2010, when (at the age of 14) she took part in the famous TV show “Talent” (the Czech equivalent of America’s got Talent). I bet you would barely recognise her! :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26M1K802jXw
  2. Tereza participated at the world competition “World Championship of Performing Arts” (WCOPA) in Los Angeles in 2014. She succeeded as a Winner of the Golden Medal and Best Performance Plaque. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI6KuGR9UTM
  3. One of her most favorite songs is One Night Only sang by Jenifer Hudson. Listen and watch her cover of this song in the semi-finals of SuperStar where she left everyone blown away! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSzc1Qsunz0
  4. Ever wondered how would Tereza look like as Céline Dion? Even if you never did, check out her impersonation with a song “Surrender”. From the show “Your face sounds familiar”. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XMc-WMXhHo

LIVE PERFOMANCE OF the song Žár: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioMib76zzYg

Lyrics // My amateur translation

Nikdys mi nepatřil // You never belonged to me
Nebyl jsisi ten // You were not the one
Který by zůstal když // who would stay if
Přišel zlý den // a bad day came,
Přesto teď zhasínám // yet now I’m turning off
Jak světlo z loučí. // as a light from the torch.
Proč to, co začíná // Why the thing that just starts
Najednou končí? // suddenly finishes?
Nikdy jsem nechtěla // I never wanted
Vzdávat svůj směr // give up on my direction
Někdy je těžší když // Sometimes it’s harder if
máš na výběr. // you have more choices.
Vždycky jsem cítila, // I’ve always felt,
Že mám své poslání. // that I’ve got a mission.
To, co si zasejem // What we sow
Jednou se navrátí // will return one day.

Nikdy ne, Neříkej // Never say no
Nikdy ne, Sliby ne //never no, promises no
Nikdy ne // Never no

Řeknu nehas ten Žár // I say don’t extinguish the blaze
Ve mně sálá víc než dřív // That is burning in me more than ever
Já cítím, že cíl je blíž // I fell that the finish is getting closer
Žár // A blaze
Je když toužím stále jít. // is when I desire to keep going.

Tak nedovol mi se bát // Don’t allow me to be worried
Někdy jsem ztracená // Sometimes I am lost
V ulicích měst // in the streets of cities
Někdy jsem zmatená // sometimes I am confused
Z tisíců cest // from the thousands of ways.
Ptám se tě kolik dní // on so many days, I ask you
Kolik slov nahradí // how many words can replace
To ticho, co je v nás // the silence that is inside of us
Ten déšť co zaplaví // the rain that floods us.
City, co byly v nás // The feelings that were inside of us
Jsou dávno pryč // are gone a long time ago
Já už se nechci ptát // I don’t want to ask anymore
Kdo měl rád víc // who loved each other more.
Sílu, co v sobě mám // There is a power in me
úskalí zvládnout // to overcome the obstacles
i když už tisíckrát naděje slábnou // even though the faith fades away quickly

Nikdy ne, Neříkej // Never say no,
Nikdy ne, Sliby ne // never no, promises no,
Nikdy ne // never no.

Řeknu nehas ten Žár // I say don’t extinguish the blaze
ve mně sálá víc než dřív // that is burining in me more than ever
Já cítím, že cíl je blíž // I feel that the finish is getting closer.
Žár // A blaze
Je když toužím stále jít // is when I desire to keep going
Já se nevzdávám // I never give up
Zvládnu co mám // I manage everything I need to
Budu tu stát //I will be standing here
Žádný strach nezlomí mý oči v pláč // no fear will make me burst in tears
Žár co ve mně spálí i tvůj stín // the blaze in me will eventually burn your shadows

Žár ve mně sálá víc než dřív // The blaze is burning in me more than ever
Já ztrácím i zemskou tíž // I am setting free even from the gravity
Jen když toužím stále jít // only when I desire to keep going
Zvládnu co mám // I manage what I need to
Budu tu stát // I will be standing here
Žádný strach nezlomí mý oči v pláč // no fear will make me burst in tears.
Přes všechna úskalí zůstaly v nás // Despite all obstacles, what remained in me
Vzpomínky, co odvál čas // are memories that the time has blown away.

Žár ve mně sálá víc než dřív // The blaze is burning in me more than ever
Já cítím, že cíl je blíž // I feel that the finish is getting closer
Žár // A blaze
Je když toužím stále jít // is when I desire to keep going
Zvládnu co mám // I manage what I need to
Budu tu stát // I will be standing here
Žádný strach nezlomí mý oči v pláč // no fear will make me burst in tears.
Žár co ve mně spálí i tvůj stín // the blaze in me will eventually burn your shadows

honzak11

Entry for FSC #129: Karel Gott & Charlotte Ella Gottová - Srdce nehasnou
2276028.jpg

• Karel Gott (14 July 1939 – 1 October 2019) was a Czech singer, considered the most successful male singer in Czechoslovakia and the Czech Republic.
  • He was voted the country's best male singer in the annual Czech Music Awards (Český slavík) 42 times, most recently in 2017.
  • Over the course of his career he released over 100 albums and 100 compilation albums, and sold an estimated 50–100 million records worldwide, 23 million of them in the German-speaking market, and about 15 million in Czechoslovakia and its successor states, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
  • Karel Gott was also known as “Golden voice of Prague”, “Sinatra of the East” or “Divine Charlie”.
  • Karel Gott represented Austria in the Eurovision Song Contest 1968 with the song Tausend Fenster, finishing in 13th place.

The legend passes away...xcry1xcry1
Karel Gott died on 1 October 2019, after a long and serious illness, at the age of 80. It was announced that he had acute leukaemia.
Czech President Milos Zeman said the singer's death was "extremely sad news for our whole country." Flags flew at half-mast the following day and the government said he would have a state funeral.
An estimated 300,000 people were expected to pay tribute to Czech singer Karel Gott, an artist whose popularity crossed from east to west of Europe. Fans stood for hours in a line stretching back at least two kilometres to bid the man farewell. The mourners paid their respects at the Zofin Palace building in Prague.

About the song “Srdce nehasnou” (FSC #129 entry)
Following his death on 1 October 2019, the song “Srdce nehasnou” gained on its lyrical depth.
The songs is a “goodbye” by Karel to his family, career and fans. It is his last released song, in May 2019. It is a duet with his 14-year-old daughter Charlotte Ella.
The story of this song... Karel and his family were aware that there are not many days left for Karel since the beginning of 2019. His family approached a song composer Richard Krajco (who otherwise composes strictly only for his own band) to write Karel’s last song. Richard Krajco admitted that both Karel and his wife were very honest to him, shared with him Karel’s health condition and he was asked to compose the song with “a very early deadline” so that the song can be recorded on time.
The song was eventually written in few hours, overnight, by Richard Krajco and the it was well-accepted by Karel’s family. Richard admitted the recording was very emotional for Karel’s daughter Charlotte as she clearly understood the full meaning of each word in the lyrics of the song.
In the song, Karel gives her daughter pieces of life advices, and explains her that “Sometimes it is known what the God prepares, but hearts will still go on”.

Karel’s other work succeeds internationally

Bio in short...
His working life began as an electrician in Prague before he was discovered as a singer in the city's dance cafes. During the communist era, he performed at home and abroad, including in the West, which was uncommon for Czech musicians. He sang in a variety of languages besides his native Czech, including Russian, English, German and Italian. He spent six months in Las Vegas in 1967 and later returned to the United States, including giving two concerts at New York’s Carnegie Hall in 2000 and 2005. Following the 1968 Soviet-led invasion of Prague, Gott continued to remain popular, despite many singers being banned from the stage for political reasons.

Lyrics [Lyrics]:

honzak11

Entry for FSC #132: Naděje - NEPŮJDU SPÁT

About the Band
The official foundation of the band Naděje dates back to year-end 2015, although the guys had been preparing for their big official entrée for almost a year before then.
Band members Petr (lead singer) and Filip (guitar player) used to be part of the band "Totální Skrat" before the new formation "Naděje" was created in order to "create something new that is not yet on the Czech musci scene". The guys started creating new songs which took them a bit longer as they had huge ambitions going forward. Petr comes up with the lyrics and melody first, and Filip follows with the idea of the end sound and dynamics. Later on, Tomáš joined the guys as a former member of the 2R band and has been playing drums.
The first performance of this trio took place on Christmas markets in the city of Opava, Czech Republic. Following their first performance, a rocket start of their success followed. The success was further fuelled by their collaboration with the music producer Wendel Dreiseitl in the BOMB JACK studio which gave life to their first official single „Intimita“. The song has immediately entered radio stations in the Czech Republic, such as Kiss and Helax in March 2016. In the Kiss radio chart, the song reached 1st place instantly and in the Helax radio, the song stayed on the first place for the maximum duration possible, 9 weeks. Following this success, the Kiss radio added the song to their daily playlist, which is what the band considers to be their biggest achievement to date.

G2 Band Academy - 8-month long journey

In April 2016, the band played at the casting for the TV show "G2 Band Academy" by Óčko TV. The band had gone through a tough improvised performance and in the middle of the night they were eventually shortlisted to the TOP3 bands to take part in this show. During the 8-month long TV show, the band had to tackle tasks assigned to them by the talent scout, producer and founder of Bandzone.cz Majkláč. The band has gained great amount of experience, feedbacks and guidance from big music personas of the Czech music scene - Matěj Homola, Vladimir518, David Koller, Xindl X as part of the TV show.

One of the tasks in the TV show "G2 Band Academy" was the creation of an entirely new single and videoclip. The result of this challenge is their single ,,Pardon dámy". The videoclip took three weeks to shoot and they travelled to the northern Poland to get the perfect scenery for the video. The videoclip portrays "a journey of a man who had to get through a lot for nothing". The song premiered on 26th September 2016.

About the song “NEPŮJDU SPÁT” (FSC #132 entry)
The song NEPŮJDU SPÁT is being promoted along with a hashtag #jdizasvymsnem (English: #followyourdream).

The song urges everyone to "follow their dreams". In this song, the journey of the band is being reflected and sends a message to the fans that "we are all on the same boat". Simply put, one cannot achieve any targets and dreams without any will and courage. They claim that it does not matter what the end goal is - sport achievements, happy family, successful career etc - but in all instances a daily work on one's self is key.

The videoclip presents 2 motivational stories. Two people, with totally different interests, try hard to get over the initial failures and keep on improving themselves day by day. The video showcases a professional acrobat and gymnast Alžběta Moravcová and a talented actor Jakub Krybus (as a boxer).

Lyrics (unofficial Czech & English lyrics) [Lyrics]:

*Czech* out the band's other songs!

honzak11

Entry for FSC #137: Václav Noid Bárta feat Eva Burešová - Noc

About Václav Noid Bárta:
  • Václav Noid Bárta, is a Czech singer, songwriter, and actor.
  • His father is a writer and director, and his mother a singer.
  • At age 17, he formed the Czech nu-metal group Dolores Clan and later on his musical band Noid Crew. He also appeared in local theatre and musical productions with acting and/or singing roles notably in Hamlet, Excalibur, Aida, Jesus Christ Superstar
  • He represented the Czech Republic in the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 along with Marta Jandová with the song "Hope Never Dies"
About Eva Burešová:
  • Eva Burešová is a Czech actress and singer.
  • She started learning opera singing from the age of 8.
  • In 2011, she participated in the Czech version of the global Talent show. In the casting stage, she performed the song Listen by Beyoncé and she eventually proceeded up until the final round of the TV show.
  • In 2018, she participated in the Czech version of the show Your Face Sounds Familiar, where she finished 2nd. One of her most memorable performances in this show was her acting as Jennifer Hudson with "One Night Only".
  • In 2018, she also competed in the national round of the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 with the song Fly and finished 3rd.

Song “Noc” (FSC #137 entry)
The song Noc is the result of the collaboration between Eva and Vaclav. It is the first song that was revealed to be part of Vaclav's upcoming album called "Zem", targeted for release this year (2020).

honzak11

Entry for FSC #138: CANN - Vzlítnout (Take-off)

About CANN:
  • Jan Ricar, performing under his stage name CANN, is a Czech singer and TV presenter at the Czech music TV 'Ocko'.
  • He started singing at school, when he started his first band called Memphis (https://www.youtube.com/c/kapelamemphis/featured).
  • At the moment, he performs as a solo singer.

Song “Vzlítnout (English: Take-off)” (FSC #138 entry)
OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO DESCRIPTION: "I've never written a description for a clip like this before. I'm still starting again and looking for a way to go. This clip is a piece of my life that I have kept to myself until now. I will try to explain step by step. I have had freckles on my body and face since I was little. At home they told me it was like "sky and stars." But I was bullied for this at school. As we went swimming, a boy laughed at me in front of the locker room if I didn't want a handkerchief to wash the stains off. I pretended to be fine and laughed too. But the next time I changed my cloth, only once everyone was gone. I didn't want to experience it again. In the summer, I wore long sleeves to hide my hands. I stopped going to the swimming pool, pulling the curtains at home. In high school, no one saw me in a short-sleeved T-shirt. I tried to smear it with lemon juice, which lightens the skin, but the freckles got even more visible. Eventually I started plucking the skin where I had the darkest freckles. There were scars left, but it helped. Gradually, it affected every part of my life. I didn't look people in the eye, I didn't go out in the summer, I just wore black.

Long story short. There was no day when I wouldn't fall asleep and beg for it to disappear one day. It will sound stupid, but someone heard me in this. I met a man who was able to gradually change my view of myself. The freckles remained, but they began to disappear in my head. I lost many years because of "nothing." But when you're in it, you see everything differently. I'd love for you to help me send this thing to other people and share it. If it saves someone at least a few wasted years, I'll be happy!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom