Contact us

FSC Chat Box

A-lister

Veteran
I'm not a fan of these borderline cases like Imperija, but the song was neither a NF entry nor a final ESC entry. There's no rule against its participation to FSC.

And saying that it's time to change the rules of a contest that is running for so many years just now for some cases that are very rare is ridiculous.

Fair enough, although I don't agree with the rules interpretation at all and I don't think it's "ridiculous" to point it out...

But if that's how the rules are ought to be interpreted, then yes fair enough... It's not as if I'm really bothered by it I just wanted to point it out that's all ;)

xheya

Terence

When does the voting start? I still need more time to decide... grrr

Charly

I dont where else to say this but Celeste Buckingham's Run Run Run is Number 6 in the Moroccan music charts :eek:

A-lister

Veteran
Any decision yet on the deadline for sending in entries for August?

MyHeartIsYours

Right I know I probably sound really sad, nagging and like a massive case of OCD, and Im sorry about that, but it really irritates me on shows/LL when the United Kingdom and United States are presented as "UK" and "USA". Why is it that we are the only ones that just have our initials put down instead of our names - you dont see ES written for Spain or IE for Ireland for example. Is it really too much trouble to write out our names?

A-lister

Veteran
Right I know I probably sound really sad, nagging and like a massive case of OCD, and Im sorry about that, but it really irritates me on shows/LL when the United Kingdom and United States are presented as "UK" and "USA". Why is it that we are the only ones that just have our initials put down instead of our names - you dont see ES written for Spain or IE for Ireland for example. Is it really too much trouble to write out our names?

Well, it has probably to do with the fact that those short-names are commonly used in every day language... have you ever met anyone who refereed to Spain as ES or Ireland as IE?

MyHeartIsYours

Well, it has probably to do with the fact that those short-names are commonly used in every day language... have you ever met anyone who refereed to Spain as ES or Ireland as IE?
Yeah I get that but I still find it a little rude that we are just presented with initials. It's as if whoever's written it just cba writing out the name, which, lets be honest, would take about 1 second more to do.

Some fonts look strange when presented with initials too. Just look at the show from this month.

doctormalisimo

Yes. No one ever has used ES or IE in casual conversation. UK and USA are common because saying and writing United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) and Unites States of America is just a hassle.

MyHeartIsYours

Yes. No one ever has used ES or IE in casual conversation. UK and USA are common because saying and writing United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) and Unites States of America is just a hassle.
Writing the United Kingdom and United States is too much hassle? Really??? How rude. It's not as if we'd expect "of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" and "of America" to be written too, United Kingdom and United States shall suffice as they are our common shortened names. There are plenty of countries with long names that participate with their full names - The Netherlands, Czech Republic. Bosnia and Herzegovina used to play. Yet we're the only ones given the cba attitude of initials.

A-lister

Veteran
Writing the United Kingdom and United States is too much hassle? Really??? How rude. It's not as if we'd expect "of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" and "of America" to be written too, United Kingdom and United States shall suffice as they are our common shortened names. There are plenty of countries with long names that participate with their full names - The Netherlands, Czech Republic. Bosnia and Herzegovina used to play. Yet we're the only ones given the cba attitude of initials.

Actually, I don't find it rude, on contrary it makes your countries come of as more important than others when ;)

MyHeartIsYours

Actually, I don't find it rude, on contrary it makes your countries come of as more important than others when ;)
Well I dont want to be more important or different to the others, all countries should be the same.

And to be frank to everybody, Im not asking for anyone's opinion on this. As a member of one of the two juries Im telling you I want this changing.

Top Bottom