Contact us

FSC Chat Box

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC Plug.dj Social is OPEN NOW! Listening to songs of every kind, give your requests! :D
Everyone is WELCOME to join us! Link -> https://plug.dj/forumsc xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
IMPORTANT: The FSC Mod team has made a small addition to the FSC Rules. Documented demo-versions of songs (demos have previously not been classified in the rules) have been added to 'All the other recordings' exception clause (which also includes live performances and radioplay) as instances which will not be considered as release date/studio version in the FSC.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
IMPORTANT: The FSC Plug.dj Social activity will be cancelled/scrapped from 1st January 2019. It was started with the aim of adding to social activity in the FSC, but interest and attendance among our members has been low over time and so we won’t continue this activity. Thanks to those (few) members who did attend some of these events.

Gabor77

That's really sad to me because I really enjoyed them :( Thanks for hosting them!!! Hope it will get introduced sometime again ;)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC March LL TODAY 1st March 20:30 CET (+ 10 Year Celebration from 19:30 CET), welcome all! xcheer

r3gg13

I found an old usb drive with a ton of FSC song while cleaning out my drawers.

It's funny to see how my taste in music has changed through the years. I think my taste has gotten less edgy since my FSC days :lol:. Gone are the days when I listened/sent to FSC the likes of Son Lux ft. Lorde or Death Vessel ft. Jonsi. Such a different time in my life. So many emotions running through my head when I was listening to the tracks! xlove xlove

Also, I forgot how many wonderful tracks I discovered through FSC. I still actually listen to a number of them, especially the Turkish, Swedish and Taiwanese ones. Love me some Jolin Tsai. xheart

Thank you FSC for the fun times! xrunhug (not that my current life isn't as fun, I didn't mean it to sound depressing :lol:)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Important: There will be a small FSC Rules adjustment from FSC July onwards. Members may henceforth, if they wish, post a random shortlist of any 20 countries but without indicating which 10 songs are “favourites” that will get their points. Before members could post 15 countries in a shortlist. This small adjustment is implemented to increase diversity, randomness and unpredictability, to make the final results and votes even more exciting and surprising and fun for everyone. The FSC Rules will be updated accordingly.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
I found an old usb drive with a ton of FSC song while cleaning out my drawers.

It's funny to see how my taste in music has changed through the years. I think my taste has gotten less edgy since my FSC days :lol:. Gone are the days when I listened/sent to FSC the likes of Son Lux ft. Lorde or Death Vessel ft. Jonsi. Such a different time in my life. So many emotions running through my head when I was listening to the tracks! xlove xlove

Also, I forgot how many wonderful tracks I discovered through FSC. I still actually listen to a number of them, especially the Turkish, Swedish and Taiwanese ones. Love me some Jolin Tsai. xheart

Thank you FSC for the fun times! xrunhug (not that my current life isn't as fun, I didn't mean it to sound depressing :lol:)

Great to hear from you, Reggie and to hear that the FSC has touched your life in a positive way xrunhug There are still many wonderful tracks to enjoy in the FSC, so if you have the time time and interest at some point you are always welcome to re-join our wonderful FSC Community xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Important: CET in the FSC means 'time in Central Europe at the moment'

We don't wish to confuse the matter using summer time (CEST) and winter time (CET)
so we simply write CET for our FSC shows/events =the current time in Central Europe xup

hawadharma

Hi there! Just to utilise this space for a bit of a chat :D

After the Shalva Band sensation in the last ESC 2019, I would like to propose that we have a Special FSC Spin Off for artists with disabilities.

Hope the moderators can consider my suggestion.

Thanks!

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the suggestion.

hawadharma

Hi there! A bit of serious talk here:-

I would like to get clarification on FSC entries and transparencies in terms of song choice.

As we know, in every edition, country jury members are required to submit the entries either via (1) private message to a particular assigned moderator or (2) post in country's private forum ( which I believe is viewable to ALL moderators.

My concern is that - in case one or more moderators are also participating as FSC jury, wouldn't this give the moderators the upper hand to choose a potentially more superior song as their country's entry as they have seen other countries' entries beforehand?

FYI, what triggers this question is the fact that August 2019 edition is filled with so many worldwide hit songs. As an avid player of FSC, I can't help but felt something amiss. As if some FSC juries has already known what the other juries are sending, and possibly try to top them up.

I am not throwing accusations, but just to seek some clarification.
I might look at it at a wrong point of view, so please correct me and enlighten me on this transparency issue.

Thanks ! :)

hawadharma

hawadharma

Hi there! A bit of serious talk here:-

I would like to get clarification on FSC entries and transparencies in terms of song choice.

As we know, in every edition, country jury members are required to submit the entries either via (1) private message to a particular assigned moderator or (2) post in country's private forum ( which I believe is viewable to ALL moderators.

My concern is that - in case one or more moderators are also participating as FSC jury, wouldn't this give the moderators the upper hand to choose a potentially more superior song as their country's entry as they have seen other countries' entries beforehand?

FYI, what triggers this question is the fact that August 2019 edition is filled with so many worldwide hit songs. As an avid player of FSC, I can't help but felt something amiss. As if some FSC juries has already known what the other juries are sending, and possibly try to top them up.

I am not throwing accusations, but just to seek some clarification.
I might look at it at a wrong point of view, so please correct me and enlighten me on this transparency issue.

Thanks ! :)

Also would like to bring everybody's attention back to my query earlier ;)

A-lister

Veteran
So I'm reviving this thread! :D

I am curious, how are you guys reviewing the entries? Having 1 month at our disposal gives us enough time to make a proper judgement and review of all the entries.

As for myself, as soon as the official list of entries is out (usually when the show is presented), I tend to create a Spotify playlist with all the entries from that particular month (at least the ones I can find on Spotify, the rest I have to listen to from the show list), then I am listening every now and then throughout the month to make sure I really give it a proper listen so I can make a proper decision.

I actually try to avoid, if possible, to watch the videos as I think they can unconsciously cloud our judgement about songs since visuals can work distracting at times, I really want to make sure the songs get the proper attention they deserve just as songs.

So I'm curious, what methods do you guys use when determining your top. 10s each month? How do you review the songs? Do you use any other methods or criteria system? Is anyone of you listening just once in the last minute and if so do you think that's enough to give a proper decision? Now my method works well for me but it's interesting to hear what other methods are used.

94ayd

I'm one of those that listen to the songs just once at the very last possible moment and I play the videos but don't always pay attention to the visuals. I used to pay closer attention to the songs but my life has become way busier since I joined the contest. I do compare the ones I gave a thumbs up on YouTube next to each other in separate tabs in order to decide which ones I like better. After all, a lot of people hear the songs at Eurovision only once, so it's no big deal, the most important thing for me is to be able to present to you :bg: music each month, as there is no other juror involved.

A-lister

Veteran
I'm one of those that listen to the songs just once at the very last possible moment and I play the videos but don't always pay attention to the visuals. I used to pay closer attention to the songs but my life has become way busier since I joined the contest.

Do you think it's enough to give a proper decision? I mean some songs need more time to get into or grow on you while some might be very instant but not stand the test of time.

Thankfully I have a job myself where I can sometimes listen to music on my phone while working, but I am one of those people that always have some music in my ears while commuting or whatever.

It's just interesting to see how different the approaches can be :)

Top Bottom