Contact us

FSC #78 August 2015 - The Show | RESULTS: Monday, August 31, 19.00 CET

MrGerbear

rEgyFhJ.png

Welcome to the 78th Edition of the Forum Song Contest
Live from Derry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom!

Now, the winner of last month's edition:
Calvin Harris with "Pray to God", featuring HAIM!

Before we begin, let's talk a bit about our host city, the beautiful Derry, Northern Ireland.
Officially called Londonderry, this historic port town is the second largest city in Northern Ireland.
While the old walled city lies on the west bank of the River Foyle, Derry now spans both sides of the river,
housing around 85,000 people in the city proper.

eBV9nqc.jpg

In 2013, Derry became the first UK City of Culture, a well-deserved appointment, as this area
has become well-known for its arts, architecture, and music. Among the greats from Derry include
Nobel Prize-winning poet Seamus Heaney, poet Seamus Deane, playwright Brian Friel,
writer and music critic Nik Cohn, artist Willie Doherty, socio-political commentator and activist Eamonn McCann,
and bands such as The Undertones. One of the biggest tourist attractions are the murals painted by
the Bogside Artists:

CuughQP.jpg

The architecture in Derry is renowned and could be mostly ascribed to the fact that the historic
city was formally planned. Late Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian constructions line the city's
main thoroughfares. One major addition is Saint Eugene's Cathedral, one of Derry's primary churches:

h9R0De4.jpg

B1rg034.jpg

Our venue for this month's edition is the Millennium Forum, one of Ireland's largest purpose-built theaters.
Its modern entrance and Italian-styled piazza give theatre-goers' nights that sophisticated feeling.

bu4QKpr.jpg

Their main auditorium, the largest room in the Forum, boasts a flexible space for any need, which is perfect
for this month's Forum Song Contest. Hey, it's the Forum Song Contest live from the Forum! Doesn't that sound cool. :3

Our hosts for this month are Nadine Coyle and Patrick Kielty.

8W0rS7i.png

Nadine Coyle may be most known as a member of the hit 2000s girl band Girls Aloud. This singer, actress,
and model has since released a solo album, Insatiable, in 2010, which did well in the UK and Ireland
Indie charts. A native of our host city Derry, Nadine has done many commercial endorsements, as well as charity
events, such as being part of a 2010 record-breaking tree planting event in her hometown. Nadine has announced
that she is working on her second solo album.

Patrick Kielty is a comedian and TV personality who made a name for himself as the host of Northern Ireland’s
first comedy club “The Empire Laughs Back”. The BBC were quick to pick up on his ability to both provoke
and charm in equal measure and his big break came in 1995 on Comic Relief’s Saint Patrick’s Day Special
along side Ben Elton, Jo Brand and Sir Lenny Henry. His first two stand up titles went triple platinum and the award
winning series “PK Tonight” for the BBC quickly followed.

MrGerbear

Re: FSC #78 August 2015 - The Show!

Let's start the show!

ugzKd8M.jpg

And now for our Interval Act - Dana with "All Kinds of Everything"!
Let's take a time machine back to 1970 in Amsterdam:

This song was the first in Ireland's record 7 wins in the Eurovision Song Contest,
sung by 18 year-old Dana Scallon, who was born in our host city of Derry.

Now back to the show!

ugzKd8M.jpg

ugzKd8M.jpg

And with that, we bid you a good night!

7-day Evaluation Period Begins Now!
If any of the above songs is in violation of any of the FSC rules, please PM one of the mods!
After these 7 days, we'll announce who you'll send the votes to.

If there are any errors in the above post, do let me know immediately!

And thank you all so much for your patience!

MrGerbear

I'm slowly adding links to picture videos right now, so if it hasn't been added yet, don't worry, it's on its way. There was a bit of a miscommunication among the mods with who would do the picture videos for those entries who didn't have them. all done :3

revallsay

AMAZING SHOW!! And you did this all by yourself! I think it's the most beautiful show we've ever had xheart

Hayato

xup Love the banners and intro! Thanks a lot, can't wait to listen to them all :D xsalute

revallsay

OMG! I have just noticed Nuhdeen is a host xheat xfaint

Krishoes

What a marvellous show!!! xlove Can't wait to listen to the songs, I know just a couple of them

Tinchey

Might be the pretty pictures, but out of the names I know this seems like an amazing FSC edition. Great job Gerry! :D Also yay for Japan, but Sekai No Owari, srsly?

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

:no: For August 2015 Norway goes for melodious Norwegian Folk-pop, performed in Norwegian! :D Performer of "Blant Fjell" (Among Mountains), and returning to the FSC for Norway, is the ever-popular Norwegian 2009 ESC-winner Alexander Rybak. For more information and promotion of the entry (including lyrics in Norwegian and a translation into English) please check out the FSC Norway-thread and the FSC Promotions-thread! Hope you’ll enjoy it!

Great Show, MrGerbear - and Good luck to all entries this month!
thumb_smiley1.gif

doctormalisimo

Oh dear god, the amount of approval for this host city. Great choice :mrgreen:

By coincidence, I am back home this week, so I do feel a little bit insulted I wasn't asked to host my hometown show. I was sitting by the phone waiting for it to ring all morning xcry

Great show from the great city of Derry~Londonderry~Doire~Londaindoire! :D

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Great show. xcheer I love those banners. :D

r3gg13

Fantastic banners as always, Ger!

Surprised to see Ai Ai representing the Philippines this month. I didn't even know she sings :eek:

Charly

Might be the pretty pictures, but out of the names I know this seems like an amazing FSC edition. Great job Gerry! :D Also yay for Japan, but Sekai No Owari, srsly?

Oh come on Dragon Night is amazing song XD

Top Bottom