Contact us

FSC #41 - July 2012 - THE SHOW

Kryptonite

fsclogo-finished.jpg

Welcome to the 41st edition of Forum Song Contest - FSC, which will take place in a beautiful city of Maribor! xparty

Maribor is the second largest city in Slovenia with 95,200 inhabitants. It's full of Medieval structures, which are a big tourist attraction. Other tourist attractions are: Lent Festival (a major festival event held for approx. 2 weeks), house of the oldest grapevine in the world (old about 440 years) and Pohorje (mountain range, also the place of The Golden Fox - women's slalom and giant slalom).

maribor1.jpg

Maribor is the 2012 European capital of Culture and it'll also be a 2013 European youth capital.

634098958118450109_maribor_2.jpg

Host venue: Ljudski vrt Stadium

Ljudski vrt is an association football stadium located on the left bank of the river Drava, with a seating capacity of 12,994. It was originally opened in 1952 and renovated in 2008.

350px-Football_stadium_maribor_01_.jpg

The stadium is the home ground of football club NK Maribor and is also sometims used for the national team. Slovenia was a host country of the UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship in 2012, with Ljudski vrt being one of the four venues to host matches.

ofis_ring_08.jpg

Male host: Peter Poles

Peter Poles is a Slovenian TV presenter, born in 1978. He was known as a face of our national TV - RTV, but is currently working on a commercial TV - POP TV. Peter started his career as a host of TV show called "Videospotnice", where they presented new :sl: music videos. He also hosted EMA (several times) and presented our votes on Eurovision. Here's a short compilation of his jokes:

He had another show on RTV, called "Nikoli ob desetih" (Never at 10 o'clock), but he's mostly known as a presenter of Slovenia's got talent (2010, 2011) and currently - X factor.

peter.jpg

Female host: Jana Morelj

Jana Morelj is a Slovenian TV and radio presenter, who was born in 1983. She's a relatively new name, who's currently working as a weather presenter on our biggest TV station - POP TV. She's also a radio presenter on one of our most-listened radio stations - Radio 1. A special addition: she looooves rock & metal!! xheart

jana.jpg

Now that we presented host city, host venue, male host and female host, it's time for our lovely entries.

3, 2, 1. Let the show begin!! xmusic

Send your votes to Sahistul!

You can start voting after the "evaluation period", which ends on July 9th. The deadline is: _______________________

*If you find any mistakes, please send me a PM or write something in this topic. I'll repair it as soon as possible.​

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Oh, what a strong month! I already know and like some songs! It's like people decided to send their strongest artists this month! Linkin Park, Gary Barlow, Ilse DeLange, Roman Lob, Mägo de Oz, Wig Wam in the same edition!

5 former ESC participants too (Roman Lob, Wig Wam, Evdokia Kadi, Laka, Deep Zone).

Oh, and where is Alexandra Stan with her lemonade? :lol:

busybee

Thanks for the show but this is my least favourite FSC so far. I can hardly find 10 songs I like. Very strange edition imo.

doctormalisimo

Awesome show Kryptonite!! (loving the name of the Slovenian artist btw :lol: )

And yay, my most played band on iTunes are taking part this month xheart xheart

and omg Peter Poles xrofl2

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
:no: For July 2012 Norway goes for Glam Rock! :D Performers of “Wall Street” are Wig Wam, the Norwegian Glam Rock’ers who represented Norway in the ESC in Ukraine in 2005. This is the 2nd time they represent Norway in the FSC. For more information and promotion of the entry (including lyrics in English) check out the FSC Norway-thread and the FSC Promotions-thread! We hope you’ll enjoy it!

Good luck to all entries this month! :)

Top Bottom