Contact us

FSC #148 - June 2021: The Show! [Baku - Azerbaijan] | RESULTS from page 3

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
UbzK4c2.jpg

Welcome to Baku - Azerbaijan and to the 148th edition of the Forum Song Contest (FSC).

Theme: ‘Azerbaijan: A Nation of Art and Traditions’

4riXBVA.jpg

Winner FSC May 2021
Congratulations! ^^

4riXBVA.jpg

yQwRxUC.gif

The Host city for this FSC #148-edition is : Baku - Azerbaijan, the capital and largest city of Azer
baijan , as well as the largest city on the Caspian Sea & of the Caucasus region . Baku is located
28 metres (92 ft) below sea level , which makes it the lowest lying national capital in the world &
also the largest city in the world located below sea level . The city is situated by the Bay of Baku.

78evd8J.jpg

At the beginning of 2009, Baku's urban population was estimated at just over two million people.
Officially, about 25% of all inhabitants of the country live in Baku's metropolitan area. Baku is the
sole metropolis in Azerbaijan , & is famous for its urban nightlife ranked high on world lists . The
city is furthermore the scientific, cultural, and financial/industrial centre of the Azerbaijani nation

BtX9Z3p.jpg

Many sizeable Azerbaijani institutions have their headquarters there. The Baku International Sea
Trade Port is capable of handling two million tonnes of general and dry bulk cargoes per year. In
recent years , Baku has become an important venue for international events incl. ESC 2012 & the
2015 'European Games' , and the city also hosted the final of: the 2018–19 UEFA Europa League.

u2NyD2E.jpg

Historically, aound 100.000 years ago , savanna rich in flora and fauna covered the territory of pre
sent-day Baku & Absheron district. Traces of human settlement go back to the Stone Age. Bronze
Age rock carvings have been discovered near Bayil , and a bronze figure of a small fish in the terri
tory of the Old City . This led to suggestions of a Bronze Age settlement , within the city's territory

aFZGZri.jpg

In a part of modern day Baku a place called Umid Gaya features a prehistoric observatory with im
ages of the sun & of various constellations carved into rock , together with a primitive astronomic
table. Further archeological excavations has revealed various prehistoric settlements , native tem
ples, statues and other artifacts within the territory of the modern-day city of Baku , and around it

GS9KTzV.jpg

Baku was the realm of the Shirvanshahs during the 8th century AD. The city frequently came und
-er assault from the Khazars and later from the Rus' . Shirvanshah Akhsitan I built a navy in Baku
& successfully repelled, a Rus' assault in 1170 . After a devastating earthquake struck Shamakhi,
the capital of Shirvan, Shirvanshah's court moved to Baku 1191. The Shirvan era influenced much

ppjTbrf.jpg

Between the 12th and 14th centuries , massive fortifications were built in Baku & the surrounding
towns. The citywalls of Baku were also rebuilt and strengthened. By the early 16th century Baku's
wealth and strategic position attracted the attention of its larger neighbours. In the centuries ther
eafter Baku was under foreign rule incl. the Iran-centred Kara Koyunlu Monarchy , & the Ottomans

SufWaU1.jpg

In the mid1800s they began to drill for oil in Baku and the city became a huge oil-producer. By the
start of the 20th century 1/2 of the oil sold internationally was extracted in Baku. The oil boom co
ntributed to its massive growth. The 2 World Wars affected the city heavily. After a long period as
part of the USSR Azerbaijan gained its independence & began a process of massive restructuring

pBl7t9I.jpg

Baku is in some ways a city of the past and of the future. Taza Pir Mosque (cfr Teze Pir) is a mos
que in the city. Construction began 1905, ended 1914. The history of the sanctuary dates back to
the XIV & XV centuries . It existed first time as a tomb . The location of the sanctuary was known
as “Xalfadam” until middle of last century. Over time the tomb was often exposed to destruction.

sjeCZ4j.jpg

‘Azerbaijan: A Nation of Art and Traditions’
‘Traditional Carpet Weaving and Azerbaijani Mugham’

Azerbaijan is a Nation of Art and Traditions . The Carpet Weaving Art for example has long trad
itions in Azerbaijan. The Azerbaijani carpet is a traditional handmade textile of various sizes w/
dense texture & a pile or pile-less surface whose patterns are characteristic of Azerbaijan’s diff
carpet-making regions. Carpet making is a family tradition transferred orally & through practice.

Men shear sheep in spring & autumn , while women collect dyestuffs , and spin & dye yarn in the
spring, summer & autumn . The weaving is undertaken during winter, by the female members of
the extended family , girls learning from their mothers & grandmothers and wives assisting their
mothers-in-law. The carpet's made on horizontal / vertical looms using multi-coloured wool , cot
ton or silk yarn coloured with natural dyes. Applying spec. techniques to create pilecarpets, wea
vers knot the pileyarn around threads of the warp; pileless carpets're variously made with interla
cing structural warps, wefts & patterning wefts . The cutting of a finished carpet from the loom's
an unusually solemn celebration. Carpet weaving is closely connected with the daily life & custo
ms of the Azerbaijani communities involved , its role reflected in the meaning of designs , & their
applications. Thus girls seated on carpets tell fortunes & sing traditional songs at Novruz (the re
gional New Year). The carpet's widely used for home furniture and decoration , & special carpets
are woven for medical treatment, for weddingceremonies, child's birth, mourning rituals & prayer

Baku hosts a famous Carpet Museum which houses about 6000 carpets all designed and woven
by Azerbaijanis , a complex fusion of patterns, colours, symbols & motifs encountered on rugs of
various shapes & sizes, techniques and place of origin, all to be admired by locals & visitors alike

4riXBVA.jpg
4riXBVA.jpg
4riXBVA.jpg

4riXBVA.jpg
4riXBVA.jpg
4riXBVA.jpg

Another important element of Azerbaijani culture is a traditional Art of Azerbaijani Mugham, the
famous folk musical compositions from Azerbaijan. It was announced by UNESCO as a "Master
piece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity" and was added to the UNESCO Intangible
Cultural Heritage Lists in 2008 . It is a highly complex art form that weds classical poetry & mus
ical improvisation in spes. local modes. Mugham is a modal system. Unlike Western modes mu
gham modes are associated not only with scales , but with orally transmitted collection of melo
dies & melodic fragments , that performers (singers & artists) use in the course of improvisation

Mugham is a compound composition of many parts . The choice of a particular mugham & style
of performance fits a specific event. A dramatic unfolding in performance is typically associated
with increasing intensity and rising pitches , & a form of poetic-musical communication between
performers & initiated listeners . A short selection of Azerbaijani Mugham played on the Azerbaij
ani wind instrument Balaban , was included among the cultural achievements of humanity on the
Voyager Golden Record, which was attached to the Voyager spacecraft to represent world music

sjeCZ4j.jpg

hSs7jjR.jpg

Azerbaijan is known today as multinational and multi-confessional with cultural diversity. Azerba
ijan is a secular state and ensures religious freedom . Baku's also 1 of the most important tourist
destinations in the Caucasus, and has many popular tourist and entertainment spots . It also has
an abundance of museums, monuments, theatres, hotels, shops, nightlife & all modern amenities

53vfZXj.jpg

The largest museum in Baku , the National Museum of History of Azerbaijan lies inside an Italian
Renaissance-style mansion and boasts more than 300,000 artefacts . The museum’s ex.hibits sp
an ancient to modern history and ethnography, with one of its most notable ex.hibitions being its
extensive numismatic (relating to coins & money) collection, which includes Ancient Greek coins.

amnNw97.jpg

Dating back to the 12th century , this cylindrical tower has a mysterious story . Historians believe
that the UNESCO-listed Maiden Tower served as Zoroastrian temple (Zoroastrianism is a religion
based on teachings of Iranian-speaking prophet Zoroaster) before becoming watch tower in 18th
century. Follow a spiral staircase to the top of the 29-metre structure , for views of Ischeri Sheher

WF1Vf3m.jpg

The pedestrianised Fountain Square, formerly known as Parapet , is a bustling public destination.
Dozens of fountains fill the area which stretches from Nizami Street to the eastern walls of Icheri
Scherer. Bars , cafés and restaurants with outdoor terraces fill the lower floors of the surrounding
buildings. The tree-lined plaza gets its name from many fountains located throughout the square.

TYGeGY5.jpg

Towards the end of pedestrianised Nizami Street, close to Icheri Sheher, stands the Nizami Muse
um of Azerbaijan Literature . Named after 12th -century poet Nizami Ganjavi , the building holds a
wealth of materials about Azerbaijani literature & culture. The buildings facade features 6 statues
of famous poets and writers. The museum's considered a national treasure of Azerbaijani culture

QSEoQCA.jpg

Other city sights: Baku’s Old City , Nizami Street, Government House, National Flag Square , ‘Mini-
Venice ’, Heydar Aliyev Cultural Center , Ismailiyya Palace , and. State Academic Opera and Ballet
Theatre. Baku is a city of music ( incl. Azerbaijani jazz and the Baku International Jazz festival ) &
also has a thriving International Centre of Mugham. It is also a city of many sports (incl. football).

LDz2P6O.jpg

Above all , Baku’s trio of skyscrapers - the Flame Towers - are the most recognisable sight on the
city’s skyline . At night , their glass facades light up in colours of fire , an effect created by 10.000
coloured LEDbulbs. Perched majestically above the Bay of Baku 2 towers are occupied by offices
& apartments , while the 3rd - Fairmont Baku - is open to non-guests, who can enjoy a drink there.

STinQ2i.jpg

8O6lrR2.jpg

The Host venue for FSC #148 June 2021 is: the Elektra Events Hall in Baku , Azerbaijan . It
is a professional venue / arena in the city , for live music events of various genres , & also a great
place for celebrations, corporate events, conventions , conferences & ex.hibitions . It is the bigge
st concert venue in the region that is compliant with international standards, and it has excellent
technical characteristics & unique acoustic properties .The main hall , has room for 2500 people.
They can accommodate, a maximum of 600 theatre style & 250 dining, in various banqueting the
mes. VIP rooms on the 2nd floor can accommodate up to 200 guests. Many wellknown artists in
different music genres (among them classical music, blues , jazz, folk, pop & rock) have held con
certs in the venue including INNA , Ace of Bace , Akcent , maNga , Robin Schulz, Richard Gallanio
& Timati to name a few . They are proud to host this evening’s edition of the Forum Song Contest

XSwm4ED.jpg

8O6lrR2.jpg

qOzkA0w.jpg

Our lovely Hosts this evening are:

Emin Agalarov , Husniya Maharramova and Tural Asadov

p7qeT6d.jpg
rmc6ze5.jpg
l6wZWlB.jpg

Emin Agalarov is a very popular Azerbaijani-Russian singer and businessman. On 26th May 2012
Emin was the local interval act during intermission on the Eurovision Song Contest that was held
in , the Baku Crystal Hall. He is proud to co-host this evening’s edition of the Forum Song Contest

Husniya Maharramova is one of the top lifestyle influencers in Azerbaijan She has been a regular
commentator during Eurovision broadcasts for many years She has also co-hosted events of diff
erent kinds for tv/media She is proud to co-host this evening’s edition of the Forum Song Contest

Tural Asadov is an Azerbaijani actor , television presenter , voice-over artist, & film producer from
Baku. In 2015 he hosted "The Voice of Azerbaijan". In 2019, he hosted a 15th anniversary concert
of Heydar A. Foundation. He is proud to co-host this evening’s edition of the Forum Song Contest

KwcFoo3.gif

4riXBVA.jpg

And we are now pleased to announce

The Opening Acts

Exclusive International Guest Appearances

Erika Vikman (Finland)
ET (Croatia)

-

’Syntisten pöytä’
’Tek Je 12 Sati’

4riXBVA.jpg

KwcFoo3.gif

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

Once again, welcome to the 148th edition of the Forum Song Contest.

Let the Show begin!

xup

THE-
yQwRxUC.gif
-SONGS

4riXBVA.jpg

We are pleased to announce

The Interval Acts

Special National Artist Appearances

Chingiz Mustafayev & Palmas (Azerbaijan)
Dihaj (Azerbaijan)

-

’Ay qiz’
’Geceler Kecir’

4riXBVA.jpg

4riXBVA.jpg

And we are now pleased to announce

The Closing Acts

Exclusive International Guest Appearances

Delta Goodrem (Australia)
Ingrid Andress (USA)

-

’Together We Are One’
’More Hearts Than Mine’

4riXBVA.jpg

Thank You - and Good Night - from Baku - Azerbaijan!
PnwwLdm.jpg

7 day Evaluation Period
The Evaluation Period is 7 days from the beginning of the contest. If you find any songs that
you believe may break the FSC Rules , please contact the FSC Mods via PM (off the boards)

Voting deadline
24th June, 23:59 CET

Vote Collector (PM)
aardvark

OR Use your FSC Private Forum

Keep in mind, that only votes submitted in your FSC Private Forum, or sent to the FSC Mod Vote
Collector, after the Evaluation Period is finished - and within the voting deadline - will be counted

Enjoy! - and Good Luck To All Entries!

4riXBVA.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Welcome, everyone to beautiful Baku, Azerbaijan! xcheer

In the tradition of the FSC Shows I host/create, the Opening and Closing acts are International acts specifically invited to this event for your entertainment and enjoyment, to supplement the National acts (the 2 Azerbaijani interval acts selected by the Azerbaijan jury + the previous month’s Azerbaijani winner) that are also part of the FSC Show presentation.

In addition, there are 7 selected Azerbaijani ‘Bonus’ music videos hidden/linked beneath (also some smaller) pictures/flags in the presentation (most of them chosen by the Azerbaijan jury), and also an ‘Easter Egg’ (an xtra song), so check well and make sure you don’t miss any of the songs!

This edition’s theme is: ‘Azerbaijan: A Nation of Art and Traditions’, with special focus on Traditional Azerbaijani Carpet Weaving and Azerbaijani Mugham, two cultural areas appreciated by our Azerbaijani juror. The chosen beautiful banners for this edition are meant to complement this theme, merging the past and the present, in Art and modern Innovation.

Enjoy this FSC June Show from the wonderful Azerbaijani capital Baku
tqcd9Op.gif
xcheer

fango

Wonderful show and beautiful Baku! Thanks to Azerbaijan and @Malagant xrose
In this edition, we can see the diversity of music genres and languages
I'm also trying to choose a different style of music from my country
I was surprised to see that a few songs happened to be the ones I wanted to recommend (suggestions) :love:
I hope these songs get good results ;)

Bakinka

Dear Malagant, I want to say you million words of thanks for such wonderful presentation!l

It’s just AMAZING!!!

I want to express my deepest respect and gratitude to you for your hard work and for the time you spent on preparing this presentation.

I took screenshots of every word and pictures of this presentation and sent them to all my friends. They asked me to express their gratitude to you on their behalf , too.

You paid great attention to my interests, you took into account everything that I said, you showed deep respect to me and my country.

This is priceless!

Thank you very much for the best gift in my life.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Dear Malagant, I want to say you million words of thanks for such wonderful presentation!l

It’s just AMAZING!!!

I want to express my deepest respect and gratitude to you for your hard work and for the time you spent on preparing this presentation.

I took screenshots of every word and pictures of this presentation and sent them to all my friends. They asked me to express their gratitude to you on their behalf , too.

You paid great attention to my interests, you took into account everything that I said, you showed deep respect to me and my country.

This is priceless!

Thank you very much for the best gift in my life.

Thank you, @Bakinka ! I am almost lost for words. Give my sincere thanks back to your friends. I am very happy to hear how grateful and happy you are with the Show I made for you from wonderful Baku, a gift to you on your cherished 1st FSC-victory.

I always 'go the extra mile' in all my FSC Show presentations to make it 'special' for the winning country and it is very gratifying when the effort and work is appreciated as it always is in FSC. You and all our valued FSC-members deserve it!

Thank you again, much appreciated! xlove xhug

heke1988

I also wanted to go different music genre, as last FSC. We will see end of June, was it good or bad choice.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Thank you, guys - glad to see you enjoy the FSC Show so much! xhug xlove

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
:no: For June 2021 Norway brings famous Norwegian Epic Cinematic music composer Thomas Bergersen back to FSC after 7 months! xup This is some more beautiful epic cinematic music for those of you who want something a little different, special and non-mainstream this FSC-month. For more information and promotion of the entry please check out the FSC Norway-thread and/or the FSC Promotions-thread! Hope you’ll enjoy it!

Good luck to all entries this summer month of June!
tqcd9Op.gif

AlekS

Veteran
Not :mx: sending their empress xfaint
:lv: They will perform at Atlas fest in Kyiv next month xhug
My :it: king I've been voting for on Eurovision. Will I vote for this song tho?

What a chic edition xheat I've got 3 ultimate faves, very versatile top 10 and I'm so pleased with this month.
ps. Miss everyone who withdrew last month. Come on now ;)

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
Guys and girls, you are invited to join in the discussion regarding the upcoming FSC 150 Spinoff due in August. (See the relevant thread in the Spinoff section.)

Please bring your ideas and wants and wishes to that discussion (but may I also ask that we keep that discussion in the Spinoff section, and concentrate on the current edition in this thread.)

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
BDVqAVe.jpg

The Evaluation period has passed, and you may now start submitting your votes.

* Please send your votes to me by PM, or post them in your Country Private Forums.

* Please make doubly sure you are not posting votes in any public part of the FSC subforum.

The voting deadline will be on Thursday, 24 June at 23:59 CET.

No late votes will be accepted after the deadline has expired.

Voting Deadline Passed

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
g4yK2sI.jpg

Football-fans will be aware that right now as we speak this Saturday
afternoon 12th June, Wales and Switzerland are playing a European
Championship match at the -Baku Olympic Stadium- in :az: xcheer

Top Bottom