Contact us

FSC #147 - May 2021: THE SHOW! [Kiruna, Sweden] | RESULTS from page 4

Journalist

This will be my last edition in Forum Song Contest.

Thank you for the music, it's been an interesting nine years - albeit with some breaks - ride! It was the first contest I joined back in 2012 when I started participating in online contests. Back then, the Romanian jury was composed of so many people and Selectia Nationala was almost as big of an event as the edition itself. Things have changed a lot in the upcoming years.

I don't feel enjoyment in taking part in this contest and I don't feel a connection with the FSC community anymore. Despite the level of strictness and inflexibility, I used to enjoy this contest as an outlet to discover the Romanian music industry, but just as my enjoyment in the contest, our music industry has really dried up and I'm struggling to find entries every single edition. So, at this point, what's the point in spending so much time and energy on something that's not fun anymore.

Not letting people host their own editions is such a big downer honestly, it takes half the enjoyment in winning. I know, I know, it's all about the "FSC Legacy" and format, but some things should change. The rules regarding eligibility are also at such an annoying level of strictness that are hard to ignore anymore, despite my best efforts to ignore the feeling for many years. The 12 months (who was even more tough initially) rule is not doing this contest any favours.

The moderators talk about how the contest recovered in terms of number of participants. Sure, it did, but the writing on the wall remains: many former participants who left are really not going to ever come back due to the contest being how it is. The FSC experience left a bitter taste in the mouth to far too many forum members. Not only that, but there are people who I tried to make join but would never take part in FSC thanks to its antiquated format.

The recent Canada incident really reminded me of all the problems I have with this contest so before any more resentment and negative feels accumulate, I better leave.

So, this is it. Good-bye.

Shocked 🥺 I hope that we will see you again as Romanian jury sometimes.. 🙏💖

A-lister

Veteran

Thank you for the music, it's been an interesting nine years - albeit with some breaks - ride! It was the first contest I joined back in 2012 when I started participating in online contests. Back then, the Romanian jury was composed of so many people and Selectia Nationala was almost as big of an event as the edition itself. Things have changed a lot in the upcoming years.

I don't feel enjoyment in taking part in this contest and I don't feel a connection with the FSC community anymore. Despite the level of strictness and inflexibility, I used to enjoy this contest as an outlet to discover the Romanian music industry, but just as my enjoyment in the contest, our music industry has really dried up and I'm struggling to find entries every single edition. So, at this point, what's the point in spending so much time and energy on something that's not fun anymore.

Not letting people host their own editions is such a big downer honestly, it takes half the enjoyment in winning. I know, I know, it's all about the "FSC Legacy" and format, but some things should change. The rules regarding eligibility are also at such an annoying level of strictness that are hard to ignore anymore, despite my best efforts to ignore the feeling for many years. The 12 months (who was even more tough initially) rule is not doing this contest any favours.

The moderators talk about how the contest recovered in terms of number of participants. Sure, it did, but the writing on the wall remains: many former participants who left are really not going to ever come back due to the contest being how it is. The FSC experience left a bitter taste in the mouth to far too many forum members. Not only that, but there are people who I tried to make join but would never take part in FSC thanks to its antiquated format.

The recent Canada incident really reminded me of all the problems I have with this contest so before any more resentment and negative feels accumulate, I better leave.

This contest is not enjoyable anymore and the excessive strictness takes the fun out of it. So I am quitting!

tenor.gif

#JusticeForJChan

Guys, it's really sad to see you both leave (and ultimately Romania as a whole unless another Romanian jury steps in). I hope you both re-consider, I can only speak for myself here but I really like your additions to the contest and the spirit you bring each time!

While I don't agree that the 12 month rule is rigid (I think it makes total sense tbh), obviously there can always be adjustments to make the contest even better. I am not sure if there is anything one can do to pursue you to stay and of course if your heart isn't in it any longer it's not...

On a personal note, Romania is the country I've given most points to this year so far, so I'll obviously miss what you can bring further to the contest xcry

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
Wasn't sure what result to expect for the :uk: this month but I'm pretty happy with 16th, thanks for all the votes xcheer Sweden again nabbing my 12 points with another song off my WV hotlist xheat and Germany getting the 10 with a possible future ::tad WLSC entry as well! Great job xup

A-lister

Veteran
Wasn't sure what result to expect for the :uk: this month but I'm pretty happy with 16th, thanks for all the votes xcheer Sweden again nabbing my 12 points with another song off my WV hotlist xheat Great job xup

Thank you for the :12: :love:

I actually like Years & Years, but something with this particularly song hasn't clicked with me (yet)... anyhow looking forward to see what the UK brings next month ;)

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
Firstly congratulations to :az: on your first FSC victory. xclap xclap It came totally unexpected to me, but in any case is well deserved after a long time taking part.

Then, thanks to everybody who supported the :za: entry. I took a risk this month, and expected a poor result, but I am very happy that some of you enjoyed and appreciated this offbeat entry.

Thanks so, so much for the following supporters:
:10: :ba::cz:
:8: :br::uk:
:7: :es:
:6: :bg::az:
:3: :hr:
:2: :tw::ua:

And finally, thanks also to @Marite for for hosting the results show, everything went smooth as expected and a surprising result right at the end. Well done!

Lietuvis

This contest is not enjoyable anymore and the excessive strictness takes the fun out of it. So I am quitting!

tenor.gif

#JusticeForJChan

1535139772-halpert.gif

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
Congratulations :az:
I'm afraid I hardly noticed the song myself during the voting, and I still find it pretty dull when listening to it now :confused:
But I'll be looking forward to seeing "Land of Fire" next month :D

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I'm so extremely happy to see Ben & Tan achieve one of the best results in my history in the contest ! xheart
I didn't really have that high expectations before the LL, but then most people seemed to enjoy it so I actually thought it would do very well (perhaps even winning?)
Happily :dk: was on top of the scoreboard and leading by quite a margin after just a few votes so I knew that our lovely duo wouldn't make it eventually.. But when leading halfway through, ending in top 3 is still quite an achievement! :D

So I'm so happy and very grateful to everyone who gave :dk: one of our best results in recent times:

xheart :ba: :ch: :us: :fi: :gr: :my: :ro: :lv: :pl: :cy: :za: :cz: :az: :it: xheart

These were my votes:

:12: :gr:
:10: :bg:
:8: :ee:
:7: :fi:
:6: :id:
:5: :de:
:4: :pl:
:3: :il:
:2: :ua:
:1: :ma:

11th: Montenegro
12th-15th: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Romania, Spain, USA

Last edited:

Datura

the usual shit result fror austria xqueenbitchanyway
congrats azerbaijan. usually azerbaijan is among my favourites and they score badly. this time it wasn't so yea. another example that my taste is very different from the majority here. but i'm happy for the winner please don't get me wrong
a warm welcome especially to finland, what a beautiful beautiful song. no pressure at all for the next edition :cool::LOL:

hawadharma

Awhh congrats :az: for this win, very beautyful song xbow xbow

And of course, thanks all for voting for :my: xhug

A little note, I apologise if any of my post here has offended anyone. I have no intention whatsoever to create friction or disagreement among members of this lovely FSC community xlove. I just hope we are all open to suggestions and improvements where necessary :)

Thanks moderators for your hard work and endless commitment to run this contest. xhug
And to all my FSC friends, thanks for all the amazing music you bring here xlove

fango

Congratulations to Aisel and Azerbaijan :az: xcheer
Azerbaijan is my Number 3, and I'm happy to see that my TOP 3 are all in the TOP 10.
As a returning country, I hope this song can entertain everyone and provide a pleasant music enjoyment. xmetal

:tw: got 76 points and at #10th place, TOP 10 is a very good result, beyond my expectation.

Big thanks and love from: xrose

:12: :ro: :fi: :my:
:7: :ch: :az: :nl: :za:
:5: :mx:
:4: :hr:
:2: :br:
:1: :at:

I would like to thank @Mike @heke1988 @hawadharma for the best and the highest music tastexlove

The following are our jury votes:

TOP 10
:12: :nl: 15 Netherlands - Dotan - No Words
:10: :cz: 16 Czechia - Viktor Sheen - Rozdělený světy
:8: :az: 12 Azerbaijan - Aisel ft. Alim Qasimov - Yat Rahat
:7: :pt: 19 Portugal - ELISA - Na Ilha
:6: :gr: 06 Greece - good job nicky - CLOUDS
:5: :it: 17 Italy - Federico Rossi - Pesche
:4: :ca: 18 Canada - GRAE - 2725
:3: :mx: 26 Mexico - Broz Rodriguez & Brosste Moor - Todo Viene Y Va
:2: :za: 22 South Africa - Synth Peter - Doef Doef
:1: :ch: 10 Switzerland - Paula Dalla Corte - Someone Better

TOP 11-20 (random order)
:au: :us: :ua: :se: :de: :id: :il: :ma: :lv: :my:

What a great show and wonderful night :cool:
Thank you all the participating countries and @Marite (y)

hawadharma

Congratulations to Aisel and Azerbaijan :az: xcheer
Azerbaijan is my Number 3, and I'm happy to see that my TOP 3 are all in the TOP 10.
As a returning country, I hope this song can entertain everyone and provide a pleasant music enjoyment. xmetal

:tw: got 76 points and at #10th place, TOP 10 is a very good result, beyond my expectation.

Big thanks and love from: xrose

:12: :ro: :fi: :my:
:7: :ch: :az: :nl: :za:
:5: :mx:
:4: :hr:
:2: :br:
:1: :at:

I would like to thank @Mike @heke1988 @hawadharma for the best music tastexlove

The following are TAIWAN jury votes:

TOP 10
:12: :nl: 15 Netherlands - Dotan - No Words
:10: :cz: 16 Czechia - Viktor Sheen - Rozdělený světy
:8: :az: 12 Azerbaijan - Aisel ft. Alim Qasimov - Yat Rahat
:7: :pt: 19 Portugal - ELISA - Na Ilha
:6: :gr: 06 Greece - good job nicky - CLOUDS
:5: :it: 17 Italy - Federico Rossi - Pesche
:4: :ca: 18 Canada - GRAE - 2725
:3: :mx: 26 Mexico - Broz Rodriguez & Brosste Moor - Todo Viene Y Va
:2: :za: 22 South Africa - Synth Peter - Doef Doef
:1: :ch: 10 Switzerland - Paula Dalla Corte - Someone Better

TOP 11-20 (random order)
:au: :us: :ua: :se: :de: :id: :il: :ma: :lv: :my:

What a great show and wonderful night :cool:
Thank you all the participating countries and @Marite (y)

Your song is amazing @fango xcheer #ASIA represent xlove

my third :12: to :tw: after Diana Wang - Home in 2016 and Jam Hsiao - Pi Nang in 2018

When :tw: slays, they slay hard xbow

kzmxgirl

Congratulations :az:!!!

I'm so happy for your first win, one of my favorite songs this month! This win motivates us countries that we have never won FSC and don't do too well to continue trying and don't give up, luck will come someday :giggle: and our hard work in finding the best tunes in our country will eventually be compensated. The Mexican delegation is looking forward to travel to Azerbaijan soon!:D:love:

As for our place, well, it was kinda expected not to do well as this is a non mainstream genre in Latin America, but anyway, I always like to alternate different music styles month by month and bring different artists on stage. Despite the not so good result, I'm very grateful for the following juries points. Thank you so much for supporting our entry xhugxhug:

:de: 3

:uk: 4

:tw: 3
:cz: 2
:it: 10
:es: 4
:rs: 1
:pl: 2​

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Congrats Azerbaijan! A song that in papers I should've enjoyed but didn't really do it for me, but it did to other people and it deserved everything it got! xcheer

Fun fact: until last moment, Finland was my 12, but I felt a last minute love for Czech Republic and stole the 12 from it. Finland would've won otherwise! :eek:

It's sad to see Romanian jury leaving, I too feel most of the things @Gera11 mentioned, the contest to me feels cold and colorless because it's like we see the same things month after month, but on the other hand it's FSC and that's the way it was for many years and changes might lead to a contest with different concept that it has to be. Not to undermine the hard effort from the mods, because I was a mod and I know how it is, but I think you should try to make the contest revive its glory with other ways than having endless shows with information about host cities and interval acts that I rarely have time to read/listen and I think that's the case for most members too. This contest needs some fresh air, and I hope it will get it. And this incident with Canada this month was a major throwback for it.

Saying this, I'm not going anywhere, because unlike @Gera11 , I'm still in love with the process of finding new music from my country, not only for this contest but for other contests too, and although the results most of the time are poor, I still like some parts of it.

Thanks to those who voted for my entry this time. I hope next time the result will be better.

Verjamem

Poland: 12 Croatia 10 Serbia
🇧🇦&🇲🇪 I AM ONLY HUMAAAN 🥺
Don't worry, I still love you :)

Congratulations to :az: Azerbaijan! Glad :dk: did well, I'm also positively surprised how high :tw: went. Pity :mx: :ro: :rs: didn't follow that track, :hr: deserved more as well.

Thank you for all the points! Tbh that's what I expected, maybe even less. It's ok :) xcheers
:4: :nl: :dk:

Here are how, our points looked this year (left Dominika, right me)
:12: :hr: / :rs:
:10: :at: / :hr:
:8: :lv: / :dk:
:7: :ch: / :ro:
:6: :se: / :mx:
:5: :it: / :tw:
:4: :uk: / :ba:
:3: :ee: / :us:
:2: :bg: / :ma:
:1: :es: / :id:

19 countries, not a bad result.

I'm sad about the outcome of Canada's situation. Both sides have a point, but unfortunately, rules are rules. I hope JChan will present, how they didn't voted.

Top Bottom