14. Greece
  15. Serbia
  16. Norway
  17. Switzerland
  18. Morocco
  19. Israel
  20. Portugal

Aditya

:us: votes were posted in our private forum :)

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
:uk: votes are in our private forum xup

Marite

The voting period is now over, the votes have been received and calculated, and we have a winner!
The results show will be held in this thread on:
Saturday, 29 May at 20:00 CEST.

Feel free to post your predictions now! Who do you think will win the FSC #147?

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Announcement: FSC Canada - Votes and sanctions

Canada has for the second time in less than 12 months posted a confidential submission (this time votes for FSC May) in a public forum (the FSC Forum) in violation of the FSC Rules. The post was up and read by members for several hours before a Mod came online and deleted it.

The first time it happened (October 2020) Canada received a Warning, but with this second offense the FSC Mod team agrees that stricter sanctions need be enforced. After a discussion, we have decided on the following:

In view of the seriousness of the matter and the repeated offense, the FSC Mod team has decided to disqualify the Canadian votes from this FSC May edition, the Canadian votes will not be counted, Canada will be placed last in the ranking on the scoreboard retaining its points, and Canada will receive 1 Warning point for breaking the FSC Rules.

The Canadian HOJ has been informed.

We ask all juries in FSC to ensure votes/entries are confidential in accordance with the FSC Rules and to take care that votes/entries are submitted in your private FSC forums, never in a public forum. Thanks.

On behalf of the FSC Mod team,

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Admin

Mozz

Announcement: FSC Canada - Votes and sanctions

Canada has for the second time in less than 12 months posted a confidential submission (this time votes for FSC May) in a public forum (the FSC Forum) in violation of the FSC Rules. The post was up and read by members for several hours before a Mod came online and deleted it.

The first time it happened (October 2020) Canada received a Warning, but with this second offense the FSC Mod team agrees that stricter sanctions need be enforced. After a discussion, we have decided on the following:

In view of the seriousness of the matter and the repeated offense, the FSC Mod team has decided to disqualify the Canadian votes from this FSC May edition, the Canadian votes will not be counted, Canada will be placed last in the ranking on the scoreboard retaining its points, and Canada will receive 1 Warning point for breaking the FSC Rules.

The Canadian HOJ has been informed.

We ask all juries in FSC to ensure votes/entries are confidential in accordance with the FSC Rules and to take care that votes/entries are submitted in your private FSC forums, never in a public forum. Thanks.

On behalf of the FSC Mod team,

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Admin

I'm not sure that I agree with this approach, because the net result is that the 10 countries that would otherwise receive the points from the Canadian jury are now also punished while having no blame in this...

Last edited:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I don't think this is an appropriate reaction to such a minor mistake, especially when the forum can have lag or a glitch and you might end up posting your votes in the wrong place. While it never happened to me in FSC, I had a similar experience in another contest - through conversations though - where I accidentally sent my votes to the wrong person due to the forum taking too much time to update the recipient and I sent the PM to the one I typed initially instead of the actual votes collector. @JChan took time to listen to the songs and actually sent them in time, but now it is just a waste of time for him and a loss to everyone who voted for his song....

hawadharma

While we are in this topic on voting rules,
I am just curious about how transparent is the voting between the mods/vote collector are :D

In this case, @JChan mistakenly posted his votes in public, therefore there is a possibility that any of us (who has not voted) will adjust our votes accordingly to minimise the effect of :ca: votes (I hope you understand what I mean).

But that is only 1 vote. What if someone who has prior knowledge to ALL the votes?

Since the mods/vote collector have the upper hand to see other participants votes' beforehand, is there any procedure whereby the mods/vote collector have to present their votes first (internally among each other) before other votes from normal participants came in?

In my experience, when I hosted and collect votes in any contest (read: OM), I will make sure I present and 'lock' my votes to the mods first before I open the voting to other participants. This prevents me from altering my votes afterwards.

I think this is important to know, so we are clear about how transparent the voting process really is.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
While we are in this topic on voting rules,
I am just curious about how transparent is the voting between the mods/vote collector are :D

In this case, @JChan mistakenly posted his votes in public, therefore there is a possibility that any of us (who has not voted) will adjust our votes accordingly to minimise the effect of :ca: votes (I hope you understand what I mean).

But that is only 1 vote. What if someone who has prior knowledge to ALL the votes?

Since the mods/vote collector have the upper hand to see other participants votes' beforehand, is there any procedure whereby the mods/vote collector have to present their votes first (internally among each other) before other votes from normal participants came in?

In my experience, when I hosted and collect votes in any contest (read: OM), I will make sure I present and 'lock' my votes to the mods first before I open the voting to other participants. This prevents me from altering my votes afterwards.

I think this is important to know, so we are clear about how transparent the voting process really is.

From what I recall from my time as FSC moderator there wasn't much of a transparency check when it came to the votes collector like it exists in OM or WV. In my case, back then I was in a jury of four to eight people depending on the month so my votes did not have that much of an impact anyway and they were posted in the Private Forum as soon as the Head of Delegation compiled the votes. Perhaps times have changed though, the current mod team is certainly more pro-active than the one before lol.

Top Bottom