Contact us

FSC #137 - July 2020 [Bandung, Indonesia] THE SHOW! | RESULTS from page 3

JChan

FSC #137 - July 2020 [Bandung, Indonesia] THE SHOW!

gcsgnCZh.png

Hello and welcome to FSC #137 July in beautiful, stunning, incomparable Bandung, Indonesia. Located in the province of West Java, Bandung is Indonesia’s 4th most populous city with over 2.5 million citizens. However, when the greater metropolitan area is considered, the population jumps to a staggering 8.5 million inhabitants, making it the 3rd largest metropolitan area in Indonesia. Moreover, Bandung serves as an important political and structural city, most notably through it's role as the capital of the province of West Java. Lying in just 768 metres above sea level, the city lies on a river basin surrounded by volcanic mountains that helps to provide a natural defence system. This attractive defensive position was one of the primary motivators for Dutch colonizers who settled in the city and created plantations. Following Indonesian independence, in 1945, Bandung was designated as the capital of West Java where it began to develop into the bustling metropolis that it is today.

YXQ6k5lh.png

Today, Bandung’s exciting economy is based mainly on tourism, business, creative industry, high-tech and manufacturing industries, educational institutions, technology, retail services, financial services, pharmaceutical companies, and food production. Most notably, creative culture plays a large role in contributions to the economy with small businesses, known as "distro", selling non-trademarked products made by local designers. Books, indie label records, magazines, fashion products, and other accessories are typical distro products. Bandung is also home to several large industrial and trade corporations. Tourists to Bandung can enjoy the beautiful environment that surrounds the city with gorgeous mountains, rivers and lakes to explore and enjoy.

pDk3GTUh.png

Bandung is also home to a fascinating and incredibly rich culture. Most importantly, Bandung has incredibly architectural treasures like the Savoy Homann Hotel, which is emblematic of the Art Deco style that is incredibly popular throughout many of the older buildings in the city. Bandung also has many exciting skyscrapers, especially the 162m Soetta Sky Park. Bandung also offers a wide range of incredibly engrossing tourist activities, including the Tangkuban Prahu volcano crater to the north, the Kawah Putih volcano lake, and Patenggang Lake, a lake surrounded by tea plantations about 50 kilometres (31 miles) to the south of the city. Finally, Bandung is the home of Persib Bandung, a professional football club currently competing in the highest tier of Indonesian football, the Liga 1. The JNE Bandung Utama competes in the Indonesian Basketball League, with its home games in the GOR Citra Arena.

Cl7MazOh.png

Our stunning host venue tonight is the Gelora Bandung Lautan Api Stadium. Located in Southeastern Bandung, the stadium mainly sees association football matches and athletics. The stadium's design adheres to the international standards for stadium design. The grass used is Zoysia matrella (Linn) Merr which is of FIFA standard class. The stadium is equipped with; a football pitch, athletics track, offices, big screen and fireproof seats from Ferco Seating. The stadium is completed with 38,000 individual seats. The stadium has four stories with an area of 72,000 square meters, combined with other supporting facilities with a total of 40 hectares. It also has a total of 766 toilets, a VIP box with bulletproof glass, and a helicopter pad.

kAyO9cHh.jpg

Our first host tonight is the fabulous Indonesian television host, singer and actor, Daniel Mananta! Born in Jakarta, Manata spent much of his childhood in Perth Australia where he worked at a Nando’s, first as a waiter and then as an assistant manager. He rose to fame, after winning the MTV Indonesia competition, VJ Hunt, using this win as a jumping pad to hosting television events throughout Indonesia. He has interviewed some of the biggest names in international music – Korn, Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, The Black Eyed Peas, Gareth Gates, Michelle Branch and Nicole Scherzinger. Today, Daniel continues to work as a television presenter and is married with two kids.

axYBSP2h.jpg

Also joining us as host tonight is Bandung native, Sarah Sechan. Also rising to prominence due to VJ hunt, Sechan is widely known and widely respected television presenter throughout Indonesia and Southeast Asia. Most notably, Sechan has presented Indonesia’s version of Big Brother and hosted her own long-running talk show, entitled Sarah Sechan. She is also a prolific actress, appearing in incredibly popular movies like Chika, Madame X and Queen Bee. Currently, Sechan lives with her husband in Jakarta.

Verjamem

Can't believe :ru: and :ph: aren't in xfaint Two awesome countries. Anyway, I hope for great edition!

A-lister

Veteran
Great job with the show @JChan xclap

Can't wait to digest this edition's entries, let's see what y'all brought to the table this time around! xcheer

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FYI: We have a change and an opening for a Mod position in the FSC Mod team - for details and applications please check the announcement in the FSC Private Member Forum xup

JamieBrown

FYI: We have a change and an opening for a Mod position in the FSC Mod team - for details and applications please check the announcement in the FSC Private Member Forum xup
And I wondered why the private member forum was gone, but now I realize I just have no access :eek:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
And I wondered why the private member forum was gone, but now I realize I just have no access :eek:
If you or anyone else lacks private FSC forum access, send me a PM and I will let the Forum Admins know xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
IMPORTANT: The entries from :cz: Czech Republic and :ch: Switzerland have been found to be in violation of the FSC Rules now in the Evaluation Period (entries too old) and are therefore ineligible in this FSC edition. This has been clarified with the juries in question.

They will both be replaced by their Back Up entries here in the FSC July Show thread and also in the FSC July MP3 archives.

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
I have replaced the Banners and links for the Swiss and Czech entries, and I have made corrections to the banners where required.

The Download link for the MP3-archive has been replaced, to include the backup entries.

Any members who may not have access to the Private Forum, may request the Download link directly from me by PM.

hawadharma

Our opening act is Weird Genius with their hit song DPS.

Our first interval act is the incredible Isyana Sarasvati singing Tetap Dalam Jiwa

Our second interval act is the wonderful Shanguy with their hit song Toucassé.

Our closing act is the incomparable Dua Lipa, singing her hit, Physical!​

Amazing show, @JChan xcheer

P/s: Just a bit of correction, Malaysian artiste name is AZLAN not ALZAN -- anyway not a big deal ;)

honzak11

I have replaced the Banners and links for the Swiss and Czech entries, and I have made corrections to the banners where required.

The Download link for the MP3-archive has been replaced, to include the backup entries.

Hi @aardvark, thanks for spotting that and apologies for the extra work as a result of this! It was (obviously!) not intentional :oops:.

@All - Have an extra listen to the :cz: back-up entry. I'm more than sure it will find its audience - some of you were hungry for an entry in the Czech language at the last LL, so here you go!! :giggle: :cz: No.9. See here:

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
:no: For July 2020 Norway brings diversity again and goes for melodic ‘wild’ Norwegian Folk-rock! xup Performer of “Huldra”, a song in Nynorsk (New Norwegian), and returning to the FSC for Norway after 15 months, is the Norwegian Folk-rock band Gåte who are a valued part of Norwegian Folk Music Tradition. The song centers around a Norwegian mythological seductive forest creature, a ‘wood nymph', externalized in the riveting music video. For more information and promotion of the entry (including lyrics in Nynorsk and a translation into English) please check out the FSC Norway-thread and/or the FSC Promotions-thread! Hope you’ll enjoy it!

Nice Show, @JChan - Good luck to all entries this summer month - and remember, stay healthy and safe!
tqcd9Op.gif

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
BDVqAVe.jpg

The Evaluation period has passed, and you may now proceed to send me your votes, either by posting them the private forums, or by sending them to me by PM.

Please take note of the voting deadline, as no votes will be accepted after the deadline has expired:

27 July @ 23:59 CET

Confirmed Votes:

:ba::br::lv::my::mx::rs::za::il::it::no:
:pl::at::id::cz::es::cy::ro::se::ee::ua:
:uk::az::ca::pt::us::dk::ch::lt::tr::hr:
:ie::ma::hu::nl:

Last edited:
Top Bottom