FSC #136 June 2020: Song Submissions

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

Welcome to FSC Song Submissions

Please submit your entries ( Main entry + Back Up ) for FSC #136 June 2020

The deadline: 29.05.2020, 23:59 CET

yQwRxUC.gif

Songs ( Main entry + Back Up ) are submitted ( by HOJ )
via your FSC Private Forum - or by a PM to me, Malagant

Keep in mind that the songs/artists are not allowed to be revealed until
all entries have been officially announced at the start of a new FSC-month

Please include: Artist/Songtitle/Release Date/MP3 file/Video (Official/Picture)
If you don’t have an MP3 file/video at hand, please contact the FSC Show Mod Host for assistance
For MP3 songfiles-upload please use Sendspace or Dropbox (they are safe, trusted filesharing sites)

A Back-Up entry is compulsory (mandatory) for all countries in the FSC
It is submitted together with / at the same time as the Main entry

For Back Up entries (used if the Main entry is dq) it is necessary to submit ‘name of
artist & songtitle + release date’ (video/MP3 links may be submitted later, if needed)

Please ensure All entries are eligible (National artist/Not older than 12 months/No cover)
If the submitted entries are not eligible according to the FSC Rules, they will not be allowed to participate in the FSC

Please inform in Song Submission thread when you posted entries in your FSC Private Forum
It helps FSC Mods, we can go check quickly and makes it easier to complete the confirmation process efficiently and well

Entries (with above supplements) submitted after the set Deadline will not be accepted
We strongly encourage all FSC member-countries to submit entries soon and not to wait until the last minute
If entries are submitted after the set Deadline, then that/those country/ies will have to sit out this FSC-edition

Confirmed Countries: 38/39
(Main entry + Back Up)

:no::cy::lv::br::de::ba::za::at::cz::tr:
:rs::pl::lt::az::ee::my::se::uk::id::dk:
:ua::ch::il::hr::ro::ca::it::es::hu::ma:
:ru::ph::ie::pt::mx::nl::bg::us:
----
tqcd9Op.gif

theditz83

Veteran
Yeah I'm the same as @Ausesken (see if that works!) - I get many mod mentions but no others.

It really needs to be fixed - I've had to start sending random conversations with forum links so that people don't miss my mentions.

Anyway, :uk: entry and back-up for June were posted in our private forum yesterday xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
It really needs to be fixed - I've had to start sending random conversations with forum links so that people don't miss my mentions.
It seems to be not working properly for many of us. I suggest members post in the Feedback-part of the forum confirming that this is an issue that (still) needs sorting.

Anyway, :uk: entry and back-up for June were posted in our private forum yesterday xup
And it was received and confirmed a while ago, as you can see in the top post, thank you! xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
gM2bhmo.jpg

FSC BONUS
Song of the Day

Tribute to Eurovision Song Contest 2001

We have 19 songs for June so far

Keep on sending in your entries, folks!
tqcd9Op.png

Today’s Song is a tribute to Eurovision Song Contest
2001, a catchy melody by Greek group Antique. Enjoy!

gM2bhmo.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
^^ My fave from the 2001 contest and introduced me to Antique and the beautiful Helena Paparizou xyaay
It was my 2nd fave in ESC 2001 (my top fave was Natasha St-Pier - Je n'ai que mon âme (France)) but like you it introduced me to Antique and Helena Paparizou xup

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
:ro: entry has been posted in the Private Forum.

This edition we're going intimate & vulnerable. xgoddess

A-lister

Veteran
^^ My fave from the 2001 contest and introduced me to Antique and the beautiful Helena Paparizou xyaay

It was my 2nd fave in ESC 2001 (my top fave was Natasha St-Pier - Je n'ai que mon âme (France)) but like you it introduced me to Antique and Helena Paparizou xup

Antique's Die for You was my fav by far in ESC 2001 and remains one of my favorite ESC songs of the past 20 years actually, should have won that year imo ;) The song also became a quite big summer hit in Sweden that year.

As for Antique and Helena it's a bit funny since they're from Sweden (sure Greek roots, but born and raised in Sweden where they also started out their music career), so they already had a couple of hits in Sweden prior this entry and her own solo breakthrough later on, it's quite interesting that some of those were fully in Greek language yet targeted for the Swedish market primarily, so my first experience of Helena and Antique was actually Opa Opa from the late 90's !

A-lister

Veteran
^^ I sent Opa Opa to the WLSC on this forum and it won - such a good song xlove

Apparently it's a cover, I kind of suspected it but I just learned it now when I checked their Wiki... regardless it's super catchy! xcheer

theditz83

Veteran
Apparently it's a cover, I kind of suspected it but I just learned it now when I checked their Wiki... regardless it's super catchy! xcheer

Yeah, it's an older song apparently. CypriotGirl remembers it from her childhood, but of course the Antique version is the one that really stands the test of time for me at least ;)

Despina Vandi's English language cover wasn't a patch on it...

Top Bottom