Contact us

FSC #134 - April 2020: The Show! [St. John’s - Newfoundland, Canada] | RESULTS from page 3

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
:no: Nice Results Show, @JChan - and Many Congratulations to :es: Spain with victory!
tqcd9Op.gif

My absolute favourites this month were: :az::ba::ro: (great choices all!) but well done to all countries that ended in my top 10, you all sent enjoyable songs!
tqcd9Op.gif

The countries that ended just outside my top 10 - & my points - this FSC-month, were (in no particular order): :hr::ua::at::br: Nice entries these too
tqcd9Op.gif

Thank You to everyone for the votes/points (special thanx for the 4 x 12 points!) - and a great 4th place this month - for Norway in FSC #134 April. It was a very competitive month with many popular songs and so I am very pleased with such a high placing. Glad to see many of you enjoyed this beautiful Neo-Classical instrumental melody by the ESC-famous talented Norwegian-Irish duo Secret Garden :)

Here are the Norwegian Jury-votes for FSC #134 April

glpQNyv.jpg

Look forward to presenting more Norwegian music for you in FSC #135 May 2020!
tqcd9Op.gif

Regards,
Malagant​

tugberkic

Thank you for points to Turkish entry and I was really aware to finish around bottom just wanted to take risk. Anyway, glad to see some members are enjoyed with this entry which is still great for me. xrose

Here are my personal top 10 :

Portugal 12 ( I'm just in big shock plus sad, you deserved much higher rank! )
Brazil 10 xheart
Ukraine 8 xheart
Russia 7 xheart
Germany 6 xheart
Usa 5 xheart
Austria 4 xheart
Morocco 3 xheart
Bosnia 2 xheart
Romania 1 xheart

kopachka

Congrats Spain! It managed to end up in my top 10 even though at first I felt it's not qualify to my top 20 ranking.

As for my votes:

12 :no: - this was an easy choice, wonderful melody
10 :tr: - a huge grower, each new listening made me discover another aspect I like
08 :ba: - I am not super excited about Ilma, but this song just got me captured, don't know why
07 :it:
06 :az:
05 :cy:
04 :es:
03 :br:
02 :ru:
01 :se: - this was stuck in my head for days now! If I could vote again at this point, probably it would end up taking 4 or 5 points.

Also, Italy got 12 points by our jury for the 3rd month in a row! Great job you're doing with your choices it seems :D

Thanks to everyone who awarded Jelena with some points. :) We're coming back in May with my favorite music genre. ;)

Datura

Thank you for points to Turkish entry and I was really aware to finish around bottom just wanted to take risk. Anyway, glad to see some members are enjoyed with this entry which is still great for me. xrose

Here are my personal top 10 :

Portugal 12 ( I'm just in big shock plus sad, you deserved much higher rank! )
Brazil 10 xheart
Ukraine 8 xheart
Russia 7 xheart
Germany 6 xheart
Usa 5 xheart
Austria 4 xheart
Morocco 3 xheart
Bosnia 2 xheart
Romania 1 xheart
:tr: was my number 12, i really liked ur entry!

and agree about Portugal, that is a gem xheart

A-lister

Veteran
I don't get how :se: can end in top 5 that much in the past years with mediocre entries, and then they send stuff like "Måste Jag Dö" and fail to make it to the best half :eek:
And "Du Med Dig" ending that low in February... xshock

Thank you for your support this edition!

I must say I find it quite sad that mostly when I try with a Swedish language entry we flop, I am getting used to that though but I am not giving up on also showcasing our language in this contest, but it would be a pleasant surprise to see a Swedish language entry do better though.

A-lister

Veteran
So unfortunately I missed the live show this time around, but congrats to :es: to the victory xclap, unfortunately not my type of music, the chorus was quite alright though, but these type of entries tend to do well in FSC so while I didn't expect it to win, in hindsight I am not surprised it did. A shout out to my personal top.3 :ua: , :ph: , :ru: , that were all really underrated, I can't believe :ph: ended bottom 3 with one of the best :ph: entries since I joined this contest! o_O

I would lie if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed with the result for Sweden this edition however, especially after seeing so many adding it to their "top. 20s" in here. I didn't know what to expect though, but a top.15 maybe? I am really trying to balance the Swedish entries with also showcasing our language and style that is more "in line" with our local Pop scene here, but unfortunately most of the times I pick a native language entry (in that style) it tends to flop. Maybe I'm hearing something others don't?, I really hope it's not a linguistic thing though?, because I find our language quite fine sounding (I know hearing your own language is something else but I always thought of Swedish as a melodic language). Anyways, I will continue to showcase our language in this contest every now and then and be true to my own taste! (y):), I think some of the songs might need a bit of warming up to but that's why we got a month ;) So with that being said...

Thank you to everyone that supported the Swedish entry in this edition ! xhug

44 pts

:10: :rs:
:7: :ru:
:6: :dk:
:5: :il:
:3: :lv: :ph::uk:
:2: :it:
:1: :az::br::bg: :pt::tr:

... and a recap of (my) Sweden's votes this edition:

:12: :ua:
:10: :ph:
:8: :ru:
:7: :uk:
:6: :it:
:5: :pl:
:4: :za:
:3: :at:
:2: :ca:
:1: :no:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Congrats Spain! It managed to end up in my top 10 even though at first I felt it's not qualify to my top 20 ranking.

As for my votes:

01 :se: - this was stuck in my head for days now! If I could vote again at this point, probably it would end up taking 4 or 5 points.

I'd say we should all allow @kopachka doing a re-vote! :ROFLMAO::LOL: Glad it grew on you though, thank you for the support ;)

JSSArcos

Thanks to everyone who voted for :pt: xheart mainly by the nice comments from Turkey and Austria

congratulations to :es: for the victory, you really deserve it xrunhug I am really happy for my 3 Spanish friends xheart

thanks too, for great music :at::it: great discoveries, after voting I listened to an entire album by Mr.Rain, my wish is to see him Sanremo xpray

thanks for show and hosting, everything great as alwaysxbow

kopachka

I'd say we should all allow @kopachka doing a re-vote! :ROFLMAO::LOL: Glad it grew on you though, thank you for the support ;)

Well your entry got stuck in my head as I tried understanding what they were singing in the chorus - it sounded very catchy and as someone who tries learning some Swedish, I wanted to learn how to sing along with Klara och hon ;) So to be honest your entry did stand out to me because it was in Swedish, so please keep on delivering interesting entries in this lovely melodic language. :)

choda

I made a huge mistake like a Serbian juror - i made a top, but when i sent i was in hurry, so i gave points from 2nd place to 11th, instead of from first to tenth. Accidentally, i didnt award any point to Croatia, which is my absolute no 1. Big sorry for Croatia, and Jelena Rozga, who is one of my favourite Croatian singers. I promise this wont happen again.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
We have a nice surprise for you, guys! We will have the 2nd FSC Spin-Off of 2020 now in May. Submissions have opened, for more info and details please check out the FSC Spin-Off Forum - we hope several of you will join us! xcheer

NicoRobin

Ouch ouch ouch ouch, Switzerland finish last, my worst nightmare is finally arrived :cry:

I said to Klonoa that our mission was never finish last, it had to happen an edition :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations Spain!

I hope that our next song will know a better destiny, fingers crossed.

A-lister

Veteran
Well your entry got stuck in my head as I tried understanding what they were singing in the chorus - it sounded very catchy and as someone who tries learning some Swedish, I wanted to learn how to sing along with Klara och hon ;) So to be honest your entry did stand out to me because it was in Swedish, so please keep on delivering interesting entries in this lovely melodic language. :)

Aww nice to hear! I mean the results I get when I send Swedish language entries are usually quite bad so I was thinking if the language is the "issue" here, which I really hope isn't the case, regardless I will continue showcase our language. I try to keep it somewhat 50/50 as a lot of Swedish music is still produced in English because we are a quite big music exporter in general and I won't skip good English language entries either, but at least I try to have a balance between Swedish and English as I think our language could be quite exotic to foreigners, especially being a relatively small language.

Any reason you study Swedish? I always find it interesting when foreigners study our language :)

Last edited:

Bakinka

I'm so happy with :12: from Norway! Thank you, :no:, thank you, Malagant!!! :love::love::love:

Also big thanks to all who voted for :az:!!!
  • Poland for :8:
  • Netherlands for :7:
  • Brazil for :6:
  • Ukraine for :5:
  • Croatia for :4:

Top Bottom