Contact us

FSC #131 -January 2020: The Show! [Bucharest, Romania] | RESULTS from page 3

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I noticed it's a perception many have, but looking at the actual stats we are not that successful , for sure not when it comes to victories at least... I can't remember the last time I saw some updated stats but I think as far as victories goes we are maybe in the top. 15 league, if you ad top. 10's/5's then we are a bit higher.

Hahah, I know that I keep on repeating it, but I've taken part in FSC for nearly 4 years, and I've only been in top 3 once :(
Still I consider :dk: rather succesful compared to many other countries ;)

Datura

I noticed it's a perception many have, but looking at the actual stats we are not that successful , for sure not when it comes to victories at least... I can't remember the last time I saw some updated stats but I think as far as victories goes we are maybe in the top. 15 league, if you ad top. 10's/5's then we are a bit higher.

i think you're doing pretty good xviolin
you mentioned before that some jurors generally rarely or never vote for sweden: i think that is bascially more or less the same for everybody here. there are countries that have never voted for any of my entries (i know my taste is "special", but i don't even get points when i choose a more mainstream song), but i think that's up to personal taste and i chose not to take it personal :) (the weird thing though is that some of those countries are generally among my favourites and receive points pretty regularly so i thought we might share a similar taste but... nope :LOL:)

Staewi

Sad to see :de: flop, but it's maybe not that unexpected. :lol: These were my top ten entries:
1st: :rs:
2nd: :ru:
3rd: :bg:
4th: :lv:
5th: :uk:
6th: :pl:
7th: :ie:
8th: :br:
9th: :fr:
10th: :at:

Also sad to see :rs: and especially :pl: flop so hard, :uk: as 27th is also kinda surprising since such songs usually seem to connect to FSC voters very well.

Congrats to the :nl:! You were only one point short of .. becoming our one-pointer. :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
Hahah, I know that I keep on repeating it, but I've taken part in FSC for nearly 4 years, and I've only been in top 3 once :(
Still I consider :dk: rather succesful compared to many other countries ;)

i think you're doing pretty good xviolin
you mentioned before that some jurors generally rarely or never vote for sweden: i think that is bascially more or less the same for everybody here. there are countries that have never voted for any of my entries (i know my taste is "special", but i don't even get points when i choose a more mainstream song), but i think that's up to personal taste and i chose not to take it personal :) (the weird thing though is that some of those countries are generally among my favourites and receive points pretty regularly so i thought we might share a similar taste but... nope :LOL:)

Yeah, I mean it's all relative, obviously things could be far worse no doubt ;) We are still fairly successful, but I still sense some members have the perception that we are very successful which just isn't true, that's all i'm saying ;)

As for some jurors never voting, well I guess we all have those, and it's probably not personal but sometimes you wonder when you never receive any points from certain jurors regardless of your choices... there will always be some asymmetry .... in some cases you end up being on the giving or receiving end without having the mutual exchange, but I guess we should be happy we don't have too much of Cyprus/Greece ESC-style points :lol:

Last edited:

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
i think that's up to personal taste and i chose not to take it personal :) (the weird thing though is that some of those countries are generally among my favourites and receive points pretty regularly so i thought we might share a similar taste but... nope :LOL:)

It's so strange! Like everybody else, it's the same for me... There are some countries who I've hardly ever received any points from, who I keep on voting for, and some countries for some reason send songs that don't really appeal to me, though it seems like they're voting for Denmark in most editions :eek:
But I think the majority of countries I rarely vote for, are the same countries that rarely vote for me too, so I guess it is a matter of musical taste ;)

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member

Well, I blame the Ukrainian, Dutch and Norwegian mafias! They shouldn't keep on winning, just because they've got the best songs :p

94ayd

Started a new job recently, so totally forgot about the results show. Thanks to the following juries who awarded :bg: :6::0: points in total and made us finish 14th:

:tr: & :ua: for :1:
:at:, :lv: & :uk: for :2:
:ie: & :ph: for :4:
:it: for :5: :)
:cy: for :6: :D
:br: for :7: :mrgreen:
:my: & :ro: for :8: xheart
:de: for :10: xlove

Glad I didn't follow the results live, because it would've been quite a dissapointment. :lol:

Verjamem

Wow, Delain managed to won it o_O Congratulations :nl:, my favourite winner in recent time!

I'm not disappointed by our result. After Polish flag didn't appear in most of Top 20 during voting time I just knew, we won't do well :LOL: So thanks a lot to :bg: for saving us from nil points and of course, :de: @Staewi and :es: @Ausesken, as you wanted to give something too xlove

Datura

Wow, Delain managed to won it o_O Congratulations :nl:, my favourite winner in recent time!

I'm not disappointed by our result. After Polish flag didn't appear in most of Top 20 during voting time I just knew, we won't do well :LOL: So thanks a lot to :bg: for saving us from nil points and of course, :de: @Staewi and :es: @Ausesken, as you wanted to give something too xlove

i've had the polish song in my top10 for quite a long time, it finally became 11th on my list. think it ended up way too low in the results

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I had to go to class before this ended.

First of all, congrats :nl: for having the first victory of the decade. xheat

Secondly, thank you for 12th! Never expected it. And it's a better position than all my entries had last year. :lol: off to a good start!

chontono

Wow!! THANKS A LOT FOR THAT UNEXPECTED TOP-10!! xbow
Congratulations to the winner! :)
Anyway, I must say it is VERY clear once again the passion of this forum players for gothic rock, or whatever is called, so the moment a song like that comes, we already know the winner, especially if it´s okish in its genre, as it is the case.
However, I am in love with :ph: and :cz:, thanks for them xheart

Mozz

O WOW, this is such a huge surprise, I'm a bit at a loss for words :eek::eek::eek:. To think that I didn't even want to send this song, because it seemed too loud and even a bit too aggressive for FSC....., which doesn't make sense anymore now.

Another fact to consider is that this was such a strong edition with many good songs. My top consisted of a staggering 20 songs, a true record in my FSC memory :eek:

THANK YOU so much guys, this is just...unbelievable... xcheer xrose
:12::es::fr::cz::mx::dk:
:10::az::br:
:8::pt::ba::hu:
:7::ru::ch:
:5::ie::pl:
:4::ro::no:
:3::id::tr::hr:
:1::at:

Mainshow

Veteran
Wow! Delain won! That's incredible! Congrats to the Netherlands! That victroy is well-deserved! It's also my all-time favourite song by them!

I'm glad to see Bosnia and Herzegovina inside the Top 10! That was one of the biggest surprises, imo. Incredible entry.
Bulgaria deserved more, though.

Here are my votes (in brackets you will find the combined rank of the German jury)

:12: :us: (#1)
:10: :nl: (#11)
:8: :bg: (#2)
:7: :ba: (#3)
:6: :it: (#5)
:5: :lv: (#10)
:4: :my: (#9)
:3: :cz: (#28)
:2: :pt: (#22)
:1: :dk: (#19)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
We have a nice surprise for you, guys! We will have the 1st FSC Spin-Off for 2020 now in February. Submissions have opened, for more info and details please check out the FSC Spin-Off Forum - we hope several of you will join us! xcheer

JSSArcos

First of all, thanks for the show, excellent work as always xbow

Many congratulations to the winner :nl: and Mozz xheart, I love Delain (I always thought it would be my 12 obivio, but it was a surprising edition ) one of the best winners lately, totally deserved ;)

Woww,Thank you very much for the 13th place for :pt: xheart considering the edition, this is an excellent result ... thanks for all the votes, especially for :12: :cy: and :il: :love: xbow

As I had already mentioned one of the best editions ever, :ro: deserved much more, this is a great entry, with a magnificent atmosphere around the music :es: this is just pure art as I see it,what a wonderful voice / instrumental combination .... The rest of my top 10 are also congratulated, Italy sent something that stuck in my head for a few days and Russia made me have so much fun while listening to this song

Very close to getting my votes (sorry, great songs too)
11-Cyprus
12-France
13-Austria
14-Sweden
15-USA
16-Hungrary
17-Israel
18-Indonesia
19-UK
20-Azerbeijan
21-Switzerland
22-Croatia