Contact us

FSC #125 -July 2019: The Show! [George Town- the Cayman Islands, United Kingdom] | RESULTS from page 8

JChan

FSC #125-July 2019: The Cayman Islands
j5ROyClh.png

Good evening and welcome to FSC 125, in the beautiful Cayman Islands! xheart We gather here after the United Kingdom's stunning victory in FSC 124. The Cayman Islands are a British Overseas territory located in the Caribbean Sea. The Cayman Islands comprise of three main islands. The largest island is Grand Cayman which is home to the region’s capital city, George Town. This city is not only home to the government of the Cayman islands but a myriad of beautiful resorts, beaches and tourist attractions like the historic George Town harbour. George Town is proud to be the host of FSC 125.

0zd4AiTh.png

The smaller cayman islands, named Brac and Little Cayman, are world renowned for their scuba and snorkelling oppurtunities. Brac Cayman island features a large number of underwater caves that are extremely popular with divers. Cayman Brac is also home to one of the only sunken Soviet Warships in the western hemisphere. Originally, built by the Soviet Union for the Cuban navy, the ship was bought by the Cayman government in 1996 and has remained a popular diving site ever since. Little Cayman islands plays host to the territories annual heritage and Mardi Gras festival, which is a chance for the islands to let loose and party!

uyDRO3xh.png

The Cayman Islands remained largely uninhabited until the 17th century when a variety of settlers from various backgrounds made their home on the islands, including pirates, shipwrecked sailors, and deserters from Oliver Cromwell's army in Jamaica. England gained formal control of the Cayman Islands in 1670, and it has a remained a territory of the United Kingdom ever since. The Cayman Islands historically has been a tax-exempt destination. The government of the Cayman Islands has always relied on indirect and not direct taxes. The territory has never levied income tax, capital gains tax, or any wealth tax, making them a popular tax haven. Several international businesses and wealthy individuals take advantage of this tax exempt status, bringing large wealth to the islands. The Cayman islands rely on the United Kingdom to handle its foreign affairs and has never been the centre of any international disputes.

cXNwsxbh.jpg

Our venue tonight is the KAABOO Cayman festival. This prestigious music festival bills itself as a music festival that "was created by music lovers for music lovers." The 2-day music festival is designed to appeal to "all five senses" through "world-class music, inspiring contemporary art, hilarious comedy, gourmet cuisine, craft libations and personal indulgences." Several music critics have likened the festival to being the "polar opposite" of the disastrous Fyre Festival, who's poor mismanagement has landed it a place in pop culture infamy. The 2019 festival was headlined by acts like Grammy award winner Bryan Adams, who spent 72 weeks in the top 20 billboard charts. KAABOO also was headlined by the Chainsmokers who won a Grammy in 2017 for their hit single "Don't Let Me Down." This year, KAABOO is also headlined by our iconic FSC acts.

d55eSRah.png

Our esteemed hosts this evening are: Tom Hardy, Marina, and Dua Lipa!

Tom Hardy is an English actor and producer. After studying method acting at the Drama Centre London, Hardy made his film debut in Ridley Scott's Black Hawk Down. From there Hardy has appeared in several films like Inception, Batman Begins, Dunkirk and Mad Max: Fury Road. Hardy was named one of GQ magazine's 50 best dressed British men in 2015. One of the highest profile actors in contemporary British popular culture, Hardy appeared on Debrett's 2016 list of the most influential people in the United Kingdom. Hardy was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2018 Birthday Honours for services to drama. During the filming of Bronson, Hardy met with prisoner Charles Bronson several times and the two became friends. Bronson was impressed with how Hardy managed to get as muscular as he was and how well he could mimic his own personality and voice. Bronson has stated he believes Hardy was the only person who could play him.

Marina is a Welsh singer-songwriter. Born in Brynmawr and raised in Abergavenny, she moved to London as a teenager to become a professional singer, despite having little formal musical experience. In 2009, Marina came to prominence upon placing second in the BBC's Sound of 2010. Her debut studio album, The Family Jewels (2010), incorporates indie pop and new wave musical styles. It entered the UK Albums Chart at number five and was certified gold by the British Phonographic Industry. The album's second single, "Hollywood", peaked at number 12 on the UK Singles Chart. More recently Marina's fourth studio album Love + Fear was released on 26 April 2019, preceded by the singles "Handmade Heaven", "Superstar", "Orange Trees" and "To Be Human". The album charted at number 5 on the UK album chart. Marina also won the FSC June 2019, representing the United Kingdom.

Dua Lipa : is an English singer and songwriter. After working as a model she signed with Warner Music Group in 2015 and soon released her first single "New Love".Her self-titled debut studio album was released on 2 June 2017. The album spawned seven singles, including two UK top-10 singles "Be the One" and "IDGAF" and the UK number-one single "New Rules", which also reached number six in the United States. Her single "One Kiss" with Calvin Harris reached UK number-one for eight weeks in 2018.Lipa has been nominated for ten Brit Awards, two Grammy Awards and five NME Awards, winning three, two and one respectively. She became the first female artist to receive five nominations in a single year at the Brit Awards in 2018.

Our Opening Act: Marina's "To Be Human"

Without further ado let us start the show!

Enjoy our interval act: Cayman Islands, by the Kings of Convenience

XTkJsFTl.jpg

The Voting

The seven day evaluation period now begins, following that, a vote collector and voting deadline will be named.

Enjoy!

Voting deadline:
28 July 2019 23:59 CET
Votes to aardvark

Votes received:
:az: :br: :cz: :il: :lt: :my: :mx: :no: :se: :uk:
:ua: :fr: :ma: :at: :hr: :dk: :ca: :de: :au: :pt:
:tr: :es: :za: :cy: :ro: :rs: :ch: :lv: :hu: :ie:
:nl: :ee: :ph: :us: :bg:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Re: FSC #125 -July 2019: The Show! [George Town, the Cayman Islands]

Oh I love this, Jordan. It's how I envisioned it and you used some great pictures (besides the ones I sent ofc). The Cayman Islands truly are a paradise and I'm thrilled we get to have an FSC summer edition in the Caribbean. I already know a couple of the songs there so this looks like it might be a hot edition, music wise and temperature wise. xheat

For the :uk: song, I dont usually post anything but this is a song introduced to me by a friend who sent it to another contest. I loved it then, but its only grown on me more since. I'm glad that Gary agreed and we decided to send it. For those that dont know, in her song Grace sings about her absent father who was never there for her in her childhood. which is something I, myself and many others (perhaps some of you?) Can relate to on a personal level. I think it's a powerful song and you can really feel it through the lyrics and understand the story. I hope you enjoy it. xheart

theditz83

Veteran

Enjoy the festival guys, and welcome to the sunny Cayman Islands where music is the best currency you can invest! xup

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Sorry to intrude, but OMG KAABOO CAYMAN. I love the KAABOO experience and franchise and heard the Cayman one was amazing xheart

Mainshow

Veteran

I'm glad I can already part of this. Amazing entries! I enjoyed listening to them at the LL session.
Can't wait to have access to the private forum and discussing the songs with the other German members and coming up with a ranking.

The Cayman Islands will be a good host. When I was there a few years ago, I had a blast. Beautiful place.

Dua Lipa as a host is a plus xD

kopachka

Having both Lay Your Weapons Down and Rane in the same edition is a crime. :(

I like the show though. xup

A-lister

Veteran

[MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION]

Nice show xcheer ... oh and Cayman would be very needed in my life right now haha

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Great show! xcheer Love me some tropical weather. Especially in a place called George Town xheat

For the :uk: song, I dont usually post anything but this is a song introduced to me by a friend who sent it to another contest. I loved it then, but its only grown on me more since. I'm glad that Gary agreed and we decided to send it. For those that dont know, in her song Grace sings about her absent father who was never there for her in her childhood. which is something I, myself and many others (perhaps some of you?) Can relate to on a personal level. I think it's a powerful song and you can really feel it through the lyrics and understand the story. I hope you enjoy it. xheart

o m g

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

IMPORTANT:

:ch: Switzerland - Alle Farben & Ilira - Fading

This entry by Switzerland in FSC #125 July has been contested and is under review by the FSC Mod team now in the Evaluation Period with regards to FSC Rules regarding eligibility. We will also contact the Swiss HOJ for information/clarification. The case will be looked into and a final decision will be made as to whether the entry will be allowed. The Back Up-entry will also be checked for eligibility in case it is necessary. An official announcement will be made once a final decision is made in this case.

On behalf of the FSC Mod team,

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Head Mod

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

wow opening a super hot show in cayman islands xheat talk about pressure

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Re: FSC #125 -July 2019: The Show! [George Town- the Cayman Islands, United Kingdom]

:no: For July 2019 Norway goes for something different/diverse again from last months, a catchy Scandipop summer-banger performed in Swedish language! :D It is the first time in Norway’s 10 year FSC-history that we enter a song in Swedish, so it is unique in that regard. As a lover of Melodifest-ivalen of many years (especially what I consider the 'golden years' 2003-2009) it pleases me much for once to be able to share a song for Norway in the FSC which fits that style.

Performer of the new and original song “Fuck you, jag älskar dig” is a New artist from Norway in the FSC, the Norwegian pop-artist Kamferdrops, alias Heidi Musum from Oslo, who is best known for singing her songs in Swedish (her trademark). For more information and promotion of the entry (includ-ing lyrics in Swedish with a translation into English) please check out the FSC Norway-thread and/or the FSC Promotions-thread! Hope you’ll enjoy it!

Nice Show [MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION] - and Good luck to all entries this 'hot' summer-month of July!
tqcd9Op.png

SaladBreak

Re: FSC #125 -July 2019: The Show! [George Town- the Cayman Islands, United Kingdom]

What a location, it's where all the yachts in :hr: come from xheat
:hr: delegation just arrived with our rowboat xcheer

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

IMPORTANT: Final FSC Mod team Decision: :ch: Switzerland - Alle Farben & Ilira - Fading

This entry by Switzerland in FSC #125 July has been under review now in the Evaluation Period with regards to eligibility. The FSC Mod team has discussed this case in some detail and looked at all the facts/info at hand and also been in contact with the Swiss HOJ for clarification / information, and we have now made a final decision.

The FSC Rules have a section, Entries - 10. Songs - d. Samples which describe the FSC Sampling Rules.

We have considered the matter with a view to these rules and have come to a conclusion that the Swiss song is in violation of the rules regarding sampling, since the entry has documented sampling (in chorus) of an older song (ref. Skott - 'Porcelain’).

Conclusion: The Swiss entry is in violation of the FSC Rules and is, sadly, disqualified.

It will be replaced in the FSC July-edition by the Swiss Back Up-entry (checked and found eligible) which becomes the new entry for Switzerland.

The FSC July Show (Swiss banner) and FSC July MP3-archives will be updated soon.

We wish the new Swiss entry best of luck!

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Head Mod

Mainshow

Veteran

Do you guys offer a Playlist on YouTube as well?

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

Do you guys offer a Playlist on YouTube as well?

No, sorry. It has been suggested before by others and we have explained why we focus on the current system (FSC Show with videos and MP3 songfiles).

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

IMPORTANT:

:us: United States - Eugene Lee Yang - I'm Gay

This entry by United States in FSC #125 July has been contested and is under review by the FSC Mod team now in the Evaluation Period with regards to FSC Rules regarding eligibility. We will also contact the US HOJ for information/clarification. The case will be looked into and a final decision will be made as to whether the entry will be allowed. The Back Up-entry will also be checked for eligibility in case it is necessary. An official announcement will be made once a final decision is made in this case.

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Head Mod

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

IMPORTANT: Final FSC Mod team Decision: :us: United States - Eugene Lee Yang - I'm Gay

This entry by United States in FSC #125 July has been under review now in the Evaluation Period with regards to eligibility. The FSC Mod team has discussed this case in some detail and looked at all the facts/info at hand and also been in contact with the US HOJ for clarification / information, and we have now made a final decision.

The FSC Rules have a section, Entries - 10. Songs - subsection a/c/d which describe the FSC Cover/Remake/Sampling Rules.

We have considered the matter with a view to these rules and have come to the conclusion that the US song is in violation of these rules (ref. Odesza - ‘A Moment Apart’).

Conclusion: The US entry is in violation of the FSC Rules and is, sadly, disqualified.

It will be replaced in the FSC July-edition by the US Back Up-entry (checked and found eligible) which becomes the new entry for United States.

The FSC July Show (US banner) and FSC July MP3-archives will be updated soon.

We wish the new US entry best of luck!

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Head Mod

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

gosh Cayman edition bringing scandal and drama. First Switzerland getting set adrift into the Caribbean, and now USA. Who is next? No one is safe.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

IMPORTANT:

:hr: Croatia - Kazan - Moma Katerina

This entry by Croatia in FSC #125 July has been contested and is under review by the FSC Mod team now in the Evaluation Period with regards to FSC Rules regarding eligibility. We will also contact the Croatian HOJ for information/clarification. The case will be looked into and a final decision will be made as to whether the entry will be allowed. The Back Up-entry will also be checked for eligibility in case it is necessary. An official announcement will be made once a final decision is made in this case.

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Head Mod

hawadharma

Too many scandals than my wig can handle

Top Bottom