Contact us

FSC 125: July 2019 | SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Re: FSC 125: July 2019 | SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY | DDL: June 29th 23:59 CET

Important: There will be a small FSC Rules adjustment from FSC July onwards. Members may henceforth, if they wish, post a random shortlist of any 20 countries but without indicating which 10 songs are “favourites” that will get their points. Before members could post 15 countries in a shortlist. This small adjustment is implemented to increase diversity, randomness and unpredictability, to make the final results and votes even more exciting and surprising and fun for everyone. The FSC Rules will be updated accordingly.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

I don't really think that changes anything though? Before people posted their top 15, of which, 10 were their top 10 and a further 5 below. No one had any way of knowing which of the 15 is in their top 10? This way it's posting your top 10, with a further random 10 to make it 20? Which is essentially the same end result as you'll have about 15 players who know they got 0 from that juror. Seems a little micromanage-y imo. For me, and i'm sure others, I don't even remember whos in whos top 15 and who had me in their top 15 so the results are never spoiled. Besides isn't posting the top 15 meant to be just a bit of fun and not an actual rule?. Honestly, and I mean this in the kindest way possible, all these micro-managing restrictive rule changing need to stop. Especially when we, as members get 0 consultation. As someone who is a long serving mod of WV, i know how hard it can back fire when you impose your will without the consultation of the members; everyone just ends up resenting you for it. You're a mod to manage the contest for us the members, not impose your will. Honestly, I think you all do a super great job and you're so well organised as a benchmark (especially considering NSC basically has no mod team at all now), but constantly altering rules, especially over something so trivial is senseless. Make the contest less restrictive, and more fun, don't keep tightening the noose with all these rules because its sapping all the fun out of it. I'm just not going to post any top 15/ top 20 or whatever at all now.

hawadharma

I don't really think that changes anything though? Before people posted their top 15, of which, 10 were their top 10 and a further 5 below. No one had any way of knowing which of the 15 is in their top 10? This way it's posting your top 10, with a further random 10 to make it 20? Which is essentially the same end result as you'll have about 15 players who know they got 0 from that juror. Seems a little micromanage-y imo. For me, and i'm sure others, I don't even remember whos in whos top 15 and who had me in their top 15 so the results are never spoiled. Besides isn't posting the top 15 meant to be just a bit of fun and not an actual rule?. Honestly, and I mean this in the kindest way possible, all these micro-managing restrictive rule changing need to stop. Especially when we, as members get 0 consultation. As someone who is a long serving mod of WV, i know how hard it can back fire when you impose your will without the consultation of the members; everyone just ends up resenting you for it. You're a mod to manage the contest for us the members, not impose your will. Honestly, I think you all do a super great job and you're so well organised as a benchmark (especially considering NSC basically has no mod team at all now), but constantly altering rules, especially over something so trivial is senseless. Make the contest less restrictive, and more fun, don't keep tightening the noose with all these rules because its sapping all the fun out of it. I'm just not going to post any top 15/ top 20 or whatever at all now.

True dat.

eerik

:ee: entry is in our private forum under July 2019 (FSC125).

Gabor77

:us: has submitted its veeeeery risky entry ;)

xymothe

:hu: is ready! *nice vibes with a stringed and a wind instrument*

A-lister

Veteran

:se: entry has been submitted to the Private Sweden forum [MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION]

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Re: FSC 125: July 2019 | SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY | LL: TBC

Important: CET in the FSC means 'time in Central Europe at the moment'

We don't wish to confuse the matter using summer time (CEST) and winter time (CET)
so we simply write CET for our FSC shows/events =the current time in Central Europe xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Re: FSC 125: July 2019 | SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY | LL: TBC

H7B9ZXL.jpg

Date: 1st July- - -- - ---------- - -- - ---------- - -- - ---------- --
Time: 20:00 CET- - -- - ---------- - -- - ---------- - -- - ---------
Plug.dj link: TBA- - -- - ---------- - -- - ---------- - -- - --------
Welcome! xcheer- - -- - ---------- - -- - ---------- - -- - -------

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Re: FSC 125: July 2019 | SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY | LL: 1st July, 20:00 CET

The LL for July is later today. We hope many of you will join us :D
The Plug.dj link for the event will be posted in a short while xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Re: FSC 125: July 2019 | SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY | LL: 1st July, 20:00 CET

H7B9ZXL.jpg

Date: TODAY 1st July- - -- - ---------- - -- - ---------- - -- -
Time: 20:00 CET- - -- - ---------- - -- - ---------- - -- - --------
Plug.dj link: https://plug.dj/forumsc/- - -- - ----------
Running Order: Random - - -- - ---------- - -- - ---------- -
Pre-show: from 19:30 CET - - -- - ---------- - -- - --------
Welcome! xcheer- - -- - ---------- - -- - ---------- - -- - ------

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Re: FSC 125: July 2019 | SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY | LL: NOW!

The LL for FSC #125 July has just been completed. Thank you, all for coming - another very good turnout! xheya

And so it is now possible for countries to promote their entries in the FSC Promotion thread and/or in their separate public country-threads.

The FSC #125 July MP3-archives (with all the songs) and the FSC July Show will be posted in due course
tqcd9Op.png

Mainshow

Veteran
Re: FSC 125: July 2019 | SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY | LL: NOW!

Thank you for hosting! It was a really great experience to encounter the entries that way!
Can't wait to listen to the songs again and come up with a full ranking ;)

Good luck, everyone! ;)

Top Bottom