Contact us

FSC #121 March 2019 [Ten Years of FSC]: The Show! [Brno, Czech Republic] | RESULTS from page 5

JChan

FSC #121: Brno, Czech Republic

kzzaGtQ.jpg

Good evening and Welcome! To this very special edition of the Forum Song Contest. Tonight we gather in beautiful Brno to celebrate 10 years of FSC. Beginning in March of 2009, the Forum Song Test has been help monthly with 59 different juries submitting their entries at one time or another. Throughout it all, we've celebrated music from around the world. Together we've travelled from megacities like London and Paris to tiny hamlets like the Pitcarin Islands. Thank you to everyone, past and present, for making the FSC community so great! xheart

We gather here tonight, in the stunning city of Brno in the Czech Republic, as Katie Kei brought home the victory with her song Burn it down Click on the photo above to listen to it!

pHfXLO8h.png

Brno is the second largest city in the Czech Republic and the largest city in the historical Moravian region. Founded around the year 1000, the city acted as one of historical capitals of the region, and today is home to many institutions related to Moravian history and culture. At the same time, Brno represents the administrative center of the contemporary South Moravian Region, and is the headquarters of the republic's judicial system. With a population around 380,000, Brno is located in a beautiful natural environment between South Moravian vineyards and the Moravian Karst, and is an easy drive to the nearby Austrian border. The city center is full of historical buildings, old churches, theaters, fountains, sculptures, clubs, and restaurants. It is very compact, so one can just walk around most of the places of interest.
There are several legends connected with the City of Brno; one of the best known is the Legend of the Brno Dragon. It is said that there was a terrible creature terrorizing the citizens of Brno. The people had never seen such a beast before, so they called it a dragon. They trembled in fear of the dragon until a brave man decided to kill the monster by tricking it into eating a carcass filled with lime. In reality the dragon was a crocodile, the preserved body of which is now displayed at the entrance of the Old Town Hall. Crocodile and dragon motifs are common in Brno.

G12YlCgh.png

Brno is home to many famous festivals, including the famous Ignis Brunensis one of the world's largest fireworks festivals. The biggest festival of its kind in Central Europe, the Ignis Brunensis attracts thousands of visitors every day. Brno is also home to the Cinema Mundi which shows Czech films that compete for the Czech nomination to the Best Foreign Language film at the Academy Awards. Brno is also home to the UNESCO heritage site Villa Tugendhat. This stunning architectural wonder has today become an icon of modernism. Originally built by a Jewish family in 1929, the villa has a long history. It was possessed by the Gestapo during World War Two and served as stables for the Soviet Union following the conclusion of the War. In August of 1992, Václav Klaus and Vladimír Mečiar, the political leaders of Czechoslovakia, met there to sign the document that divided the country into the Czech Republic and Slovak Republic. It was designated a UNESCO world heritage site in 2001.

L9D0QTrh.png

The biggest multi-purpose hall in Brno, opened in 1982. The first event held at the Náplavka Hall, as it was originally called, was a bowling world cup. Nowadays, it hosts various concerts, sports and cultural events, workshops, and more. Mainly, however, it is where the local ice hockey team Kometa regularly plays. The stadium seats around 7,700 fans and is almost always sold out. The hall is very conveniently located only a 10-minute walk from the main train and bus stations.
The HC Kometa Brno remains one of the most successful Czech hockey clubs. They've won three European cup titles, and 13 Czech League championship titles. They have also won the prestigious Spengler Cup in 1955, one of the largest international ice hockey tournaments.

RNnNqOBh.png

Please welcome our hosts: Libor Bouček and Angeé Svobodová

Libor Bouček
Libor Bouček (born 2 December 1980) is a renowned host and producer of Czech TV and Radio. His present preoccupation is with the leading radio station EVROPA 2 and the television market leader in the Czech Republic, TV NOVA, as host, moderator, producer, scriptwriter and content supervisor. He graduated in 2003 from the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague and his list of activities before and after graduation is impressive.
Recently he has worked as part of the hosting team at the European Athletics Championships, Champions Hockey League, and the Davis Cup final. Away from sports, Libor has hosted television shows such as The Voice of CzechoSlovakia, Miss Czech Republic, and the gameshow Wipeout. He has also worked as a dubbing actor for parts in many films, such as Ice Age 2, Kung Fu Panda, and Avengers.
A true cosmopolite who is fluent in Czech, English, German, Libor Bouček has brought licensed world’s leading TV formats (e.g. WIPEOUT, The Voice) to the Czech Republic, has interviewed international stars like Robbie Williams, Seal, Cher, Harrison Ford, Reinhold Messner, Tokio Hotel or Scorpions

Angeé Klára Svobodová
Angeé Klára Svobodová is a choreographer and dancer. She has worked on a number of television formats as the lead choreographer including Tvoje tvář má známý hlas. Including work on television and stage, Angeé has choreographed performances as part of major singers tours, including Kanye West and the Pussycat Dolls.

The Opening Act:

Jelen, Míša Tučná - Spím v obilí

The Show

The Closing Act

Please click on the photo of iconic Czech athletes Jaromir Jagr and Ester Ledka to listen to our closing act: Za100let - Za 100 let. This song was recorded by some of the most profilific Czech artists in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Czechoslovak Republic

The Voting

The seven deal evaluation period now begins, following that, a vote collector and voting deadline will be named.

Enjoy!

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Re: FSC #121 March 2019 [Ten Years of FSC]: The Show! [Brno, Czech Republic]

dsjajkadsklads i know my 12 points just with the names

great show! i wish i was able to stay the whole ll but my internet connection died :(

Gabor77

Great show!! After the LL yesterday I already discovered some great entries, let's see which one is going to grow on me the most :D Good luck everyone!

Geborgenheit

A splendid show! So glad Latvia opens it! :p

theditz83

Veteran

Wow, what a show! Love learning of the beauty and diversity of new host destinations - looks amazing!

Best of luck to all competitors from the :uk: jury xcheer

eerik

Wrong artist listed for Estonia. Who is Elena?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Ohh this looks like it will be a killer month, already can see some songs I know and love. xfaint great show also, perfect host city choice. xheart

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

:no: For March 2019, celebrating 10 years of the FSC, Norway goes for a beautiful Pop-ballad with folkloristic undertones! :D Performer of “Sea”, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 6 months, is the talented and popular Norwegian singer and songwriter of Ask Embla-fame, Ina Wroldsen. For more information and promotion of the entry (including lyrics in English) please check out the FSC Norway-thread and/or the FSC Promotions-thread! Hope you’ll enjoy it!

Great Show, [MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION], Happy 10th FSC Anniversary, everyone xcheer - and Good luck to all entries this month!
tqcd9Op.png

JSSArcos

Excellent show Jordan xheart, you did a great job xbow I really like this kind of banners :D

honzak11

Wooow ... [MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION], you are a magician!!
The show looks so lovely and you have presented Brno, the second largest city in the Czech Republic, so well! x12s

It's an honour for me to invite you to the Czech Republic :cz: for our 10-year FSC anniversary ! xheyaxheya

I can see at least 18 entries fighting for my points in this edition. It's gonna be a tough month! Good luck everyone :mrgreen:

JChan

Wrong artist listed for Estonia. Who is Elena?

I've switched it to *Elina*. Thanks for catching that, I never would have myself.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Great show xcheer Oh damn, ESC entries were allowed? :eek:

WhoKnows

I didn't even realize covers were allowed this month. Not sure it would've changed my choice but that could have been an interesting choice to make.

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
Re: FSC #121 March 2019 [Ten Years of FSC]: The Show! [Brno, Czech Republic] Voting DDL 28/03 23:59 CET

BDVqAVe.jpg

The Evaluation Period has passed, and you may start to send your votes, either to me by PM, or by posting them in your private forum.

Please note the voting deadline:
28 March @ 23:59 CET

No votes will be accepted after the deadline

Votes received to date:
:fr: :de: :az: :at: :br: :no: :cz: :il: :uk: :my:
:ua: :ca: :lv: :ch: :au: :se: :es: :pt: :za: :cy:
:gr: :hu: :tr: :mx: :it: :lt: :hr: :nl: :ee: :us:
:ma: :be: :bg: :ro: :ph:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Re: FSC #121 March 2019 [Ten Years of FSC]: The Show! [Brno, Czech Republic] Voting DDL 28/03 23:59 CET

IMPORTANT:

:il: Israel - Violation of FSC Voting Rules

Case: the Israeli jury yesterday, 12th March posted by mistake the official Israeli FSC March votes in the public FSC Forum. They were available for everyone to see for over 3 hours before they were spotted and removed by the FSC Mods. This is in direct violation of the FSC Voting Rules, Section Voting, pt 3a which says that votes are confidential and No votes (personal or jury) must be revealed on a public board (f.ex. FSC Forum) or otherwise before a FSC-edition is completed. Failure to comply with this may end with the votes being disqualified/not counted.

The FSC Mod team has considered the case as to appropriate penalty or sanction. This rule is meant as a deterrent, but also to be enforced whenever necessary. It is a serious matter since votes seen by others outside the jury could influence their own voting and make for unfair results.

The default position (dq votes/votes not counted) is the strictest response but the FSC Mod team can consider alternatives (a milder sanction/penalty) if circumstances warrant it or the FSC Mod team believe it sufficient. In this case there are circumstances which have made us consider an alternative penalty/sanction, we have also spoken to the Israeli HOJ and he admits his mistake and has apologized for it.

Conclusion: the Israeli jury has been given a stern Warning to be careful in the future where votes (confidential) are posted before all jury-votes have been collected at the end of the month.

Israel also receive 1 Warning point for violation of the FSC Voting Rules.

However, the Israeli jury-votes for FSC March will be counted as normal (not disqualified).
Israel will also keep its points and final ranking in FSC March.

NB! The Israeli entry for March is not affected by this matter, it is part of the March-edition as before.

We trust that those of you who may have seen these Israeli jury votes will play fairly and not let them influence your own votes. Mutual trust is important in a contest such as ours so that everything is done fairly and squarely so we get the fairest and most correct results possible. This is important in respect for all our members and juries. This btw also goes with regards to the Israeli March-entry which should not be penalized by any jury for this mistake but be judged the same as all other March-entries.

No further discussion will be allowed on this topic, Moderation will be used if necessary. The matter is ended and we ask all juries to remember confidentiality and be careful of where and when they post their votes and/or entries in accordance with the FSC Rules.

Thank you.

On behalf of the FSC Mod team,

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Head Mod

Bakinka

:az: votes in the Azerbaijan private forum.

honzak11

:cz: votes submitted in the Czech Private Forum!

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

voted! not really surprised with my top 3

Datura

Austria has voted :at: love my top 4

and this time i think the winner will be...

Top Bottom