Contact us

FSC 115: September 2018 | Bochum, Germany - THE SHOW | RESULTS from page 5

JChan

FSC 115 September: Bochum, Germany

Feel Your Heart Beat

Hello and Welcome to the 115th edition of the Forum Song Contest set in beautiful Bochum, Germany during the month of September.

We gather here in Bochum due to the thrilling victory of Alvaro Soler and his song La Cintura.

Our Host City for this edition is Bochum, situated in the heart of the German Ruhr.

XH3gjry.jpg

The origins of Bochum date back to the 9th century when Charlemagne set up a royal court at the junction of two important trade routes. Bochum remained a small town until the 19th century when the steel and coal industries exploded causing a population increase from 4,500 in 1850 to 100,000 in 1904. The steel and coal industries lead to an economic boom and population boom. During World War Two, Bochum was an allied target due its manufacturing importance with close to 83% of the Bochum area being hit by bombs.

2hdWZ7k.jpg

Bochum is the largest city and cultural heart of the Ruhr region. It is home to the Schauspielhaus Bochum and the Starlight Express which is the longest running musical in Germany having opened in 1988. Bochum is also home to many prestigious art galleries and museums like the Ruhr University Art Collection which houses both modern and classical sculptures and vases. Bochum is also home to the Bergbaumuseum, a museum devoted to mining technology which comes with a complete pithead tower. Bochum is also home to many public art spaces. The Terminal sculpture by Richard Sierra consists of four steel-plates with a height of 12 m. In spite of their weight the visitor becomes a vision of lightness in a different way on every side. Bochum is also home to the Josiade-fountain at Husemann-Square. It displays a scene from Hieronymus Jobs, and the main character of the "Jobsiade", a comical poem of the poet Carl Armold Kortum.

TyjkGBM.jpg

Bochum plays host to many events like the Bochum Total, a festival devoted entirely to rock music. It is also the home of the Bochumer Bachtage a festival which dedicates itself to celebrating the life and music of the composer Johann Sebastian Bach. The oldest festival in Bochum, however, is the Maiabendfest, a local festival whose origins date back hundreds of years. Around Christmas, a medieval market is set up around the Paulus Church and people play historical instruments. This month, Bochum is also the proud host city of FSC 115!

LI0o3FU.jpg

The venue for this month is the The Jahrhunderthalle Bochum A former industrial plant, the Jahrhundethalle Bochum has been transformed into one of Europe’s premiere festival locations. With a truly multi purpose the Jarhrhundertalle Bochum has hosted a wide variety of events. From political rallies to galas and trade fares to a plethora of concerts, the Jahrhundethalle Bochum is one of Germany’s most prominent theatres. In 2009 it also played host to the prestigious European Film Awards, which were viewed in over 44 countries. Tonight the Jahrhunderthalle Bochum will host the 115th edition of the Forum Song Contest.

XqHZdz3.jpg
sk0g0rJ.jpg

Our esteemed hosts for this evening are Carolin Kebekus and Sascha Grammel. Both German comedians, Kebekus got her start on the weekly comedy variety show Friday Night News. Following her stint on Friday Night News she moved to the RTL sitcom, Children Children. Since then, her career has taken off with film credits like Idiot and the German version of Minions. In February of 2017 she entered the political fray by joining the 16th Federal Assembly. Grammel is also a German comedian famous for combining his comedy with ventriloquism, puppetry and magic. He has toured Germany with his shows with his primetime broadcasts being extremely highly rated. He has also received a German Comedy Award for his live program “I Find It Funny.”

And now it is time for
The Opening Act
The esteemed winner of Eurovision 2010:

Lena with her hit Satellite.

Let’s take a break and enjoy the
Interval Act

The Eurovision 1982 winning song” Nicole - Ein bisschen Frieden”

For closing let's enjoy one of Germany's most famous songs:

99 Red Balloons-Lena

Evaluation Period
We will now observe a 7 day evaluation period after which you may submit your votes to the vote collector.
Enjoy!

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Re: FSC 115: September 2018 | Bochum, Germany | THE SHOW!

Copy of post 02.09.2018, 00:30 CET ‘Re: FSC September 115: Submit Your Entry! [FSC Show: TBC]’

IMPORTANT:

Greece - Eleni Foureira - Caramela

This entry by Greece in FSC #115 September has been contested and is under review by the FSC Mod team now in the Evaluation Period with regards to FSC Rules regarding eligibility. The case will be looked into and a final decision will be made as to whether the entry will be allowed. The Back Up-entry will also be checked for eligibility in case it is necessary. An official announcement will be made once a final decision is made in this case.

On behalf of the FSC Mod team,

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Head Mod

IMPORTANT: Final FSC Mod team Decision: :gr: Greece - Eleni Foureira - Caramela

This entry by Greece in FSC #115 September has been under review now in the Evaluation Period with regards to eligibility. The FSC Mod team has discussed this case and looked at facts/info at hand and have reached a final decision.

The Greek song is, unfortunately, a cover of an earlier song
Israel entry FSC #107 Moshe Perez - Karamela

and is therefore not eligible for participation in FSC September, ref. FSC Rules, Entries, Songs, pt 10 a1. Covers.

Conclusion: the Greek entry for FSC #115 has been disqualified and will be replaced by the Greek Back-up entry for FSC September.

On behalf of the FSC Mod team,

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Head Mod

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Great show JChan :D I like the design for the banners.

_____

A little something about the :uk: entries. It was brought to my attention that apparently people have criticised my choices based on the fact the songs I send are very similar. I am the only UK juror, and as that juror I send the songs I love in the genres I love, and nothing else. Diversity is not a thought to me at all, and I wont ever send songs for the sake of diversity. Some of you may choose entries with diversity in mind, and that's ok, but for me my main aim is to send purely what I love and listening too right now. So if that's a huge line of Dance/Pop, latino style etc songs then so be it. That said, I hope you all enjoy the :uk: entry this edition. :mrgreen:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Great show Jchan xheart Good luck everyone! :D

JSSArcos

Great first show Jordan ! xheart Simple but clean and pleasant ! I appreciate your effort.:)

At the time of L.L my computer's charger stopped working,so I had to go to my cell phone so I had more difficulties (I had bought the mobile phone in the afternoon :lol:)..

For this edition, Portugal takes a song that I really like one of the bands that I hear currently in Portugal,I hope you enjoy ;)

Datura

i really like the clean design aswell xcheers

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

:no: For September 2018 Norway goes for a beautiful Nordic Pop-ballad! :D Performer of “Mother”, a song taken from her 2018 EP “HEX”, and returning to the FSC for Norway, is the popular multi-talented singer and songwriter Ina Wroldsen. For more information and promotion of the entry (including lyrics in English) please check out the FSC Norway-thread and/or the FSC Promotions-thread! Hope you’ll enjoy it!

Great Show, [MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION] - and Good luck to all entries this month!
tqcd9Op.png

hawadharma

[MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION] many applause for the amazing show you put up !!! xcheer xcheer xcheer

In terms of songs, I think this month is like a non-mainstream month except for few songs. :D

JChan

xcheer The 7-day evaluation period is over and you can now begin submitting you votes! xcheer

You can submit your votes through your countries private forum or send them directly to me, [MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION], via pm.

DDL: September 28th 23:59 CET

Please be mindful of the deadline as no late votes will be accepted.

hawadharma

Re: FSC 115: September 2018 | Bochum, Germany | THE SHOW! | DDL: September 28th 23:59 CET

My Top 28:
Norway
Denmark
Morocco
Mexico
Cyprus
South Africa
Austria
Portugal
Latvia
Sweden
Hungary
Bosnia Herzegovina
UK
Romania
Poland
Serbia
Australia
Croatia
Belgium
Israel
Canada
Italy
Netherlands
Bulgaria
Czech
USA
Germany

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
Re: FSC 115: September 2018 | Bochum, Germany | THE SHOW! | DDL: September 28th 23:59 CET

I don't think it's quite as good a month as August, but it's still pretty nice.. I LOVE the songs in my top 3!

This is my top 15:

:ba: :be: :br: :ca: :ch:
:cz: :es: :hu: :mx: :my:
:pl: :pt: :rs: :tw: :uk:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

xfaint xfaint xfaint this month omg, it's super great. I could count the songs I didn't like on one hand. My top 10 is super strong. xheart Good luck everyone.

:uk: voted!

Datura

these are the Austrian top 20, i'll give the songs a few more spins before making a decision:

:az: :be: :ba: :br: :cy:
:ee: :fr: :hu: :lv: :lt:
:mx: :no: :pt: :ro: :za:
:se: :ch: :tr: :uk: :ua:

chontono

This is the first month since I re-joined that I have been accompanied in the :es: jury, so I wanted to share my history during this time, as I love these songs so much :)
September> Ana Alcaide "La mujer muerta" 7th
October> Fuel Fandango "Salvaje" 8th
November> Ruth Lorenzo "Voces" 20th
December> Pablo López "Hijos del verbo amar" WINNER

January> Rosa Cerón "Non serei eu" 17th
February> Diana Navarro "El perdón" 11th
March> Maika Makovski "Makedonija" 30th
April> Trobar de Morte "Idunn" 2nd
May> Fernando Velázquez "A monster calls" 15th
June> Mor Karbasi "La hija de la primavera" 21st
July> L.A. "Wind" 15th
August> Blaumut "Demá" 13th
September> Lorena Gómez "Indomable" 2nd
October> Pablo Alborán "Saturno" 23th
November> Marisa Valle Roso "Cómplices" 20th
December> Pasión Vega "París" 19th

January> Reyko "Spinning over you" 7th
February> Ivan Torrent & Laura Ausensi "Mae kohme" 2nd
March> María Arnal & Marcel Bagés " Tú que vienes a rondarme" 22nd
April> Soleá Morente "Baila conmigo" 13th
May> Bruno SanFilippo "Oneness" 14th
June> Au/ra & Camelphat "Panic Room" 17th
July> ELYELLA & Viva Suecia "Todo lo que importa" 2nd
August> Rosalía "Pienso en tu mirá" 29th

chontono

Also, my :12: went to the following countries:
:no: 3 times (July 17, Jan 18, Mar 18)
:dk: 2 times (Dec 16, May 17)
:tr: 2 times (Oct 16, Jun18)
:pl: 2 times (Sep 16, Jul 18)
:br: 2 times (Nov 16, Dec 17)
:my: 2 times (Jan 17, Aug 18)
:pt: 1 time (Aug 17)
:ee: 1 time (Feb 17)
:ua: 1 time (Mar 17)
:in: 1 time (Apr 17)
:il: 1 time (Jun 17)
:ma: 1 time (Feb 18)
:za: 1 time (Apr 18)
:ie: 1 time (Sep 17)
:ro: 1 time (Nov 17)
:az: 1 time (May 18)

JSSArcos

This is the first month since I re-joined that I have been accompanied in the :es: jury, so I wanted to share my history during this time, as I love these songs so much :)
September> Ana Alcaide "La mujer muerta" 7th
October> Fuel Fandango "Salvaje" 8th
November> Ruth Lorenzo "Voces" 20th
December> Pablo López "Hijos del verbo amar" WINNER

January> Rosa Cerón "Non serei eu" 17th
February> Diana Navarro "El perdón" 11th
March> Maika Makovski "Makedonija" 30th
April> Trobar de Morte "Idunn" 2nd
May> Fernando Velázquez "A monster calls" 15th
June> Mor Karbasi "La hija de la primavera" 21st
July> L.A. "Wind" 15th
August> Blaumut "Demá" 13th
September> Lorena Gómez "Indomable" 2nd
October> Pablo Alborán "Saturno" 23th
November> Marisa Valle Roso "Cómplices" 20th
December> Pasión Vega "París" 19th

January> Reyko "Spinning over you" 7th
February> Ivan Torrent & Laura Ausensi "Mae kohme" 2nd
March> María Arnal & Marcel Bagés " Tú que vienes a rondarme" 22nd
April> Soleá Morente "Baila conmigo" 13th
May> Bruno SanFilippo "Oneness" 14th
June> Au/ra & Camelphat "Panic Room" 17th
July> ELYELLA & Viva Suecia "Todo lo que importa" 2nd
August> Rosalía "Pienso en tu mirá" 29th

You did a great job :), I love most of these entries.

Top Bottom