Contact us

Friendship

vatroslav_cro

Croatia/ Kroatien/ Croatie/ Croacia/ Croazia/ Hrva
I suppose and I know how important is to have a real friend in our lives (or maybe more of them).... We also know how big luck, happiness and success it is. So I would like to know what do you think about that? How many people in your life you can call as friends and the real ones? How much do you appreciate a friendship and support of the other persons? (of course, this doesn' t include "virtual friends", because no matter how much they try to help us and similar, my opinion is that they still cannot replace the real people).

Your say needed! :mrgreen: .

MyHeartIsYours

I have lots of 'acquaintances', maybe some people would call them friends but I dont coz although they are great to talk to and have fun with, I know I couldnt rely on them. My 'friends' I would say less than 10... they are true friends who I would do anything for them and they would do anything for me.
As for how many I friends I need... I am happy with what I have atm. I dont need to be around people all the time and I like to be on my own sometimes too (maybe this is coz Im an only child xshrug ).
I agree about virtual friends... I believe you can have a great friendship with someone from the internet but you cant properly call them a true friend until you have met.

AlekS

Veteran
well, sometimes you can see a person in front of you and he/she just pretends being your friend ... but you won't see it.
And the thing that he/she is in front of you doesn't really help xshrug

Sometimes an on-line advice can change your life.

Some virtual friends can't re-place real people, some real people can't replace virtual friends.

I have 2 best friends in my life - my parents. Also I have 2 best girlfriends whom I can tell everything and help them as well.

In the virtual life I have a lot of friends and I'm thankful that I have them.
Also I helped my Israeli friend to talk through the night when the war with Palestine (2009) began. It was rigth after New Year's Eve. I could choose go patying but I felt that she needs my help and we had a serious talk and I managed to cheer her up.
She didn't call her real life friends ;) It wasn't them who helped her that night.

On the different forum there was a woman, her little 6yo daughter fell of the window and she was taken to the hospital on helicopter. She was in coma and her mom was my on-line friend. We gathered with the whole forum and donated money (not much but sill) and created a "book" where we wrote our wishes, pics, I created an art-work on 2 pages, we did it so she could think about us and see that we care and support her, not only with money. Some people called her.
It was awesome. Her girl "woke up" in a month when doctors burried all hopes. Seeing her with scars but alive was .... wow. This friend of mine said that she was viewing that book when she was about to lose her hope. It was really emotional, esp when she posted pics.

Not gonna talk about people who helped me with my problems but I'm thankful that I met them in the I-net. I talk to them for years. We call each other (from LA... that's pretty far), I send them video greets etc. Real and virtual friends can be best friends, it's different friendship but I don't think that someone can be better or worse.

Milos-BC

^^ I totally agree :D

It's better when you meet someone in person obviously, but that doesn't mean that we should ban virtual friends, and that "virtual" friendship isn't worthy.

For example, MOST people from this forum are better friends than about 60% of my real life friends.

Isabella

I could write a lot in here, but some other time, since my stupid avast pisses me of :lol:

vatroslav_cro

Croatia/ Kroatien/ Croatie/ Croacia/ Croazia/ Hrva
MyHeartIsYours said:
My 'friends' I would say less than 10

Wow Adam! You say 10? Well you can consider you are really happy then. I have..... 5-6 friends! Yes, 5 or 6! Not more!

(some of them are showed here, in the thread "Pics of you" :D )

MyHeartIsYours

Well I say less than 10... it probably is about 5-6 for me too but I didnt count. :lol: :lol:

I have counted and it's 6 :D :D and 1 of them is a virtual friend so ignore what I wrote before. :lol: :lol:

ParadiseES

I only say that I'm very lucky with my friends :D

It's a pity that I can't see some of them all that I'd like, but I know they're always there :)

Cooler

Banned
Well, I have three friends who I consider real, and I think you are. Really, we're great, we know all of the other, we go together to the sea, catch the girls ... hehe But also hard friend is hard to find. Many people have betrayed me, people I considered ''real'' friends. Now hard to believe people who rarely opens all the way, everyone knows a bit about me, but nobody knows everything. Friends on the Internet ... Well, I have them more about fourth I am also in the Croatian Eurovision forum, and there I met a great person, someone I believe. Also, the OGAE Serbia forum I found one person which many believe, and he believes me. Sometimes some things are easier said people from the internet, but those from reality.

r3gg13

I have 4 people who I consider my best friends, I can tell them everything and anything! They're always there for me and I'm always there for them. 2 of them are girls and the other 2 are guys. Like seriously, we can talk about anything and everything. Me and one of my best friends' usually have conversation that range from coffee to Sarah Palin's ignorant nature to why French fries go really well with burgers. I seriously can't imagine myself living without them, it would just be too boring and crappy.

From this forum, Hele is my best friend. We get along super well xheart. She's such a lovely person.

I do have a good number of friends and acquaintances (despite the amount of time I spend on the forum :lol:), they are just people that I meet in events, parties, classes and such. It's fun being around them but our conversations don't have much depth. It's just one of those stupid convos that make you laugh but not you don't really get anything out of it.

I love meeting new people. People tend to open up to me really easily because I love listening to what people have to say, and I'm pretty much a chatter box when I meet new people. Once I "quiet down" that just means that I'm getting comfortable with the people around me that I don't have to constantly "entertain" them.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I have met so many of my virtual friends in real life more than once, so I definitely consider them to be proper real friends. I talk to some of them more than I see some of my real life friends, so for me the line between real and virtual friends is extremely blurred. Some of my virtual friends have come to mean so much more to me than any of my real life friends ever have, because we have so much more in common.

My absolute best friend, whom I consider to be a sister, I "met" on an online forum almost six years ago and we have talked almost every single day since then through MSN. I even went and stayed with her for eight months and we are still close as ever. We think alike, have the same taste in music, movies, books, clothes, have the same political views, the same sense of humor, the same kind of opinions about things - it's really kind of creepy but so awesome at the same time. I've never had any of that with any of my real life friends since I've met most of them either through school or work and I've always been the "weird" one there.

Adeline

Virtual friends can indeed be as good as real life friends, even better. I think it's a big misconception that people can't be close with virtual friends. The only true friend I've got is actually from an online forum and I never had a stronger bond with any other person. I also have a few other good contacts at online fora and I see them very often.

Most people think it's weird to have only virtual friends (I don't have any friends in real life), but I don't think it is. I see my friends quite often, although we don't live very close to each other. It doesn't matter on which way you are communicating if you're good friends. I didn't had friends in high school cause I was kinda "weird" and awkward. I also can't get along with most of people of my age; I feel more secure with grown-ups.

Top Bottom