7 4.5%

9 5.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Looren

Veteran
Patrick Sébastien is the frenchiest singer ever, he should represent us. (:cool:)

Ah qu'est-ce qu'on est serré

Au fond de cette boite

Chantent les sardines, chantes les sardiiiiines

SEND HIM :lol:

harey

@EscGeek his music was very popular some years ago, people play it on wedding parties for example but it is often described as "beauf".

I was half-joking, half-serious, maybe it is time to send a party song again, something people would play on summer parties. I think that the first thing we (French delegation / broadcaster) should try is to find something French people will listen to and enjoy.

popavapeur

tbh we don't have anything that could win atm. Variété française which is pop music without the pop and specially without the fun is gonna car crash hard. We tried with Alma and Amir even if both songs got some spice in the mixing/producing to be more popish. And when we try pop music it's like we forget to compose the song lol (I still think Evidemment was lacking) Echo is such a good example lol this song went nowhere.

We had some interesting ideas like Fulenn and I would say even Moustache but it didn't live up to the fantasy.

We do have interesting artists and composers but imho they would need to amp it up and adapt to the european audience. I love Yelle for example but I can't see any of their songs getting a good results but if they tweak a little bit their sound to have a broader appeal they could have a strong entry (not winning though) Yelle is just one of the few interesting examples that could work but to win well... it's gonna be hard

harey

@popavapeur we don't have anything that could win but out of nowhere 2 years ago we had Voilà. I mean : we don't have to look for established artists, just to one song.

FRFanESC

I wish we'd go back to a more simple pop song like "J'ai cherché" for next year. With the experience our delegation has gained during the last few years, I really think he could have been top 5 easily. Just call Amir again, lmao.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I would want France to do indie next year. It's something they haven't done since 2018.

DirtyFalcon

tbh we don't have anything that could win atm.
I couldn't disagree more. We don't have only "variété francaise" but more type of music in France. As i personally said on "France 2023" topic, you can put every delegation that is used to success at ESC (like the nordics, ukraine or italy) in charge of chosing the artists for our national selection (or internally), they would find a potential winner in the next 5 years. We have a huge talent pool here in France but either very badly exploited or not at all. Look at La Zarra. I think Evidemment is a very good song, with great success on the charts but she could have come with something even better in my opinion with more impactful instrumentation at moments.

Also i can quote several artists from our previous NF's that have really amazing songs in their discography but who came into the previous national selections with very average/underwhelming songs compared to their usual stuff.

Last edited:

esc87fan

Do you think they'll try the CVQD national final again? They had confirmed it for this year, but they decided on accepting La Zarra's proposal

DirtyFalcon

Do you think they'll try the CVQD national final again? They had confirmed it for this year, but they decided on accepting La Zarra's proposal
Alexandra Redde Amiel, our HoD, said in January that CVQD was not definitely cancelled but only suspended for this year. Right now, it's most likely a NF but our HoD has a growing reputation of being really stubborn and obstinate when she have an idea so if she has the famous "coup de coeur" (translated as she has a big crush on an artist), you can say goodbye to the NF because she will impose her choice to the other members of the delegation like she did with Tom Leeb and La Zarra.

Sammy

Veteran
I do hope we‘ll have another edition of CVQD. Was my favorite NF every time.

0scar

I expect them to send something that's gonna win any year now tbh

Loindici

Veteran
I expect another CVQD. It's a good NF.

HarryUK

Veteran
Tom Leeb in front of...........................

DirtyFalcon

Here is a list of french artists i actually listen that i would love to see in CVQD or internally selected =
- Adèle Castillon
- Colors In The Street
- Rio Vero
- Lili Poe
- Donamaria
- Shanguy
- Lomepal
- Marina Kaye
- Slimane
- Maëlle Pistoia
- Suzane

Of course there are much more possibilities but any of them here would be a better choice than Tom Leeb.

Looren

Veteran
- Marina Kaye
- Slimane
- Maëlle Pistoia

Of course there are much more possibilities but any of them here would be a better choice than Tom Leeb.

I would loooooooove to see any of these 3 in ESC

But hey poor lil Tom Leeb didn't ask for anything :lol: :lol:

Top Bottom