1 0.5%

1 0.5%

8 4.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

harey

TPMP Twitter poll speaking of "bad behaviour", really expected from them but I'm sooo grumpy today because of all this.

John1

TPMP Twitter poll speaking of "bad behaviour", really expected from them but I'm sooo grumpy today because of all this.
ikr? They keep on hating on Eurovision in every possible way, but they still manage to consider it as outdated. However, I can't help myself with thinking that, if ESC didn't exist, they wouldn't be able to trashtalk on any other shows.

Anyway, when La Zarra will be scoring big time in May and even win it all, it'll be great to witness that French media are going to claim that she should have won (sth à la Barbara Pravi).

MS.

There's no way it's going to flop
Yeah agree... It may flop with the televote but i hope not.
But there is no chance it will flop with the juries. I even think top 5 or even better with the juries is very likely.

John1

Yeah agree... It may flop with the televote but i hope not.
But there is no chance it will flop with the juries. I even think top 5 or even better with the juries is very likely.
Seeing how strong the staging is going to be as per stated by the delegation and La Zarra herself, I think we're in for one of the closest races to the win in the recent years. Thankfully, Sweden and Finland aren't frontrunners and this year is far more open than previous years.

JenJen94

Me too, I'd love for her to come top 5, and I can genuinely see it happening

She's gonna blow it out the water

hungo

I wonder why France is the only country that quite quickly has been rising in the odds in the past few days. I dont see a reason for that. Maybe the stand in rehearsals?

marty

I wonder why France is the only country that quite quickly has been rising in the odds in the past few days. I dont see a reason for that. Maybe the stand in rehearsals?
I think the rehearsals start tomorrow.

hunty73

Because backers have pulled together lots of evidence and France is a win challenger.Its likely 2nd at the moment to Sweden in Eurojury poll,and they will overstate Sweden by around 40 pts due to jury makeup so might even be the winner there if you take 40 bias pts from Sweden.France is also doing very well in the OGAE poll and Sweden there is close with Finland.Its obvious now to serious gamblers on ESC that Sweden isnt landsliding this and its likely going to be similar to the year the Netherlands won.France and Spain are two entries whos delegations want to win and have hugely talented artists who will lift their entries on stage.There are also rumours the French staging is fantastic.France and Spain should top three the jury at ESC and that means Sweden needs to beat both in the televote,far from certain.There is also the question about vote splits for Finland,even Norway.This contest isnt over as the odds say,France was simply way to high a price given the quality of the package.During rehearsals the prices will depend on if the main challengers deliver.If France,Finland and Spain deliver superb staging,even if Sweden is superb it will likely drift a bit because its the least original of the challengers.
Just my opinion.

FRFanESC

I still think that Sweden has it in the bag and , it's out of topic but I still can't understand how Finland is seen as a challenger, do people really expect Kaarija to do a top 5 in the grand final with the juries ? Unlike Netta who also had a "funny" song, everything was quite pop, except the chicken sounds, but it had a strong message back in 2018 (even today, btw). Songs that are quite out of the box / "weird" generally don't do as well with the juries than the televote (Keiino were 18th, Zdob si Zdub were 20th, Go_a were "only" 9th, Blind Channel were 11th). Juries generally prefer mainstream pop and radio-friendly songs, like the ones from Sweden, for example. Sweden and France tick all the boxes, unlike Finland. It will surely come top 3 with the televote (probably 1st, tbh), but no way it will come close to the top 3 with the juries, I'm convinced about this.

Last edited:

hunty73

I still think that Sweden has it in the bag and , ti's out of topic but I still can't understand how Finland is seen as a challenger, do people really expect Kaarija to do a top 5 in the grand final with the juries ? Unlike Netta who also had a "funny" song, everything was quite pop, except the chicken sounds, but it had a strong message back in 2018 (even today, btw). Songs that are quite out of the box / "weird" generally don't do as well with the juries than the televote (Keiino were 18th, Zdob si zdub were 20th, Go_a were "only" 9th, Blind Channel were 11th). Juries generally prefer mainstream pop and radio-friendly songs, like the ones from Sweden, for example. Sweden and France tick all the boxes, unlike Finland. It will surely come top 3 with the televote (probably 1st, tbh), but no way it will come close to the top 3 with the juries, I'm convinced about this.
The juries could go both ways for Finland.Its the most original song this year so could sneak into jury top 5.There is an argument that Sweden isnt as Public vote friendly as people think.Sweden remains the most likely winner,but more a default winner than a landslide.France is a win challenger as well though.

FRFanESC

The juries could go both ways for Finland.Its the most original song this year so could sneak into jury top 5.There is an argument that Sweden isnt as Public vote friendly as people think.Sweden remains the most likely winner,but more a default winner than a landslide.France is a win challenger as well though.
Maybe Sweden is overrated, but I can't see her getting under something like 180pts at the very worse, but easily +200pts with the juries. I can see France getting around 230pts witht the juries and 150pts with the televote, in the best scenario. But we'll see how the running order and stagings will change everything. I think that Austria is the most original song this year, though, Finland is the typical funny Eurovision song (that's just my opinion).

Top Bottom