Dañsal a ran gant an diaoul ha para ?

Entan ha taras, entan jabadao ha taras
Trid' a ra ar c’hoad ouzh stok' ar fulenn a-bilpaz
He hud dudius a bign betek penn ar qwez bras

Oc'h ober fae deus ar fall loened e tañsan
Me bak an tan en o lagad leun a droukc’hoant
Ha da dreiñ 'n'añ en ur c'han da gan' a-unvan

Dispont 'kreiz an digoadell e tans ar fulenn
Trein ha distreiñ en-dro de'i eneoù dichedenn (bis)

Lalalalalalaleno lalelalo

Dañsal a ran gant an diaoul ha para ?
Ga' 'n diaoul e tañsan
Dañsal a ra gant an diaoul ha para ?

Dispont 'kreiz an digoadenn e tañs ar fulenn

Last edited by a moderator:

I bims

Veteran
Just listened again to Fulenn and the more I hear it the better it gets. This REALLY needs good staging and live vocals though. This could then be as successful as Shum. But as people said... this is hard to stage right.

The dude is btw. hot as f*ck. That will definetly help.

This. Unlike some other countries, France finally seems determined to do well and win in relatively recent future. Spain is waking up too.
*cries in german*
But I'm very happy for France and Spain. A strong big 5 is important imo, if you are already in the final, you have to make it count.

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
When I saw the song title “telephone” I immediately thought of this gem.

The first thought I had with a song about some French telephones was a non-Eurovision song... But a French (Canadian [really important to add Canadian please!]) song. That's a direction I'd like France to explore at the contest someday:

(promised, the track is called "Échos" but there's a lot about telephones here)

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
Just listened again to Fulenn and the more I hear it the better it gets. This REALLY needs good staging and live vocals though. This could then be as successful as Shum. But as people said... this is hard to stage right.

The dude is btw. hot as f*ck. That will definetly help.

*cries in german*
But I'm very happy for France and Spain. A strong big 5 is important imo, if you are already in the final, you have to make it count.
I'm really worried about Germany too. I thought they'd gonna become a powerhouse in 2018 with Michael Schulte (and Ryk, who could have won the contest – I still stan with Conchita on this instinctive thought) and 2019. Sisters' thing really killed this dynamic imo. (And, yes, I still hate the 2020 proposition)

Mainshow

Veteran
let's be honest guys
nothing is winning in this
let's try something risky such as Fulenn.
We have nothing to loose we're already losing ESC 2022 anyway.

Finishing Top 10 still should be considered to be a huge victory for any Big 5 country but Italy and I strongly believe that you have a few songs which may sneak into the Top 10 in the end and "Fulenn" - if staged right - is a big contender.

shameless

I think "Seule" also wins, or at least I think it should. The siblings are good live (which I got to see because the Wiwbloggs exclusive link to the press conference leaked, of course), the song's an obvious hit and is the only song that I can with *confidence* say will finish on the left-side of the scoreboard if and when it gets to Turin.

I suppose their victory depends on how racist France decide to be because Soa were born in Madagascar. :eek::eek::eek::eek: I bet the toxic nationalists are already shitting themselves at the prospect of them representing France internationally.
My (french) boyfriend used the same reasoning that could prevent Fulenn to win because they're partly singing in breton language.
It's ironic because both are the assumed top 2 for now. :D

crashworld

Veteran
On first listen, I thought the songs are just OK. Nothing strikes out as overly interesting maybe except the song by Alvan & Ahez.
The rest feels pretty there. Got a feeling France is not going to do that well this year with any song they choose.
Here's my ranking of the songs:
  1. Julia
  2. Joanna
  3. Cyprien Zeni
  4. Pauline Chagne
  5. Elia
  6. Alvan & Ahez
  7. SOA
  8. Marius
  9. Elliott
  10. Saam
  11. Hélène in Paris
  12. Joan

tuorem

SOOOOO... it's finally that time of year.

Approved category : :D

1) Fulenn is what I think we'd need right now >>>>>>> but I fear the live performance will be a trainwreck. Too bad because it's an addictive and refreshing effort. Girls need to get their vocals together and the stage has to be psychedelic for the energy to show through (use the Gwenn ha du motifs for the backdrops! Make the spolights pop!). Finally a song I would genuinely support. I expect Bretons to vote for them like crazy - as they should. Partly coming from Brittany myself, I am tempted to do so too.

2) Nuit Pauline would be my second choice. I don't think it rides the Luciani/Armanet revival wave that much tbh, as it sounds like a more genuine vintage 80's goldie to me. Love the harp, it's catchy and melodious, the woman's voice is nice and she can hold her tune. And most of all it does not seem to try to be more than it is. A piece of candy that gets my stamp of approval.

3) I'll complete my top 3 with Les Chansons d'Amour: yes, the lyrics are more corny than not, it's a ballad that does not reinvent the wheel at all, BUT I think it's got a charm melodically and interpretation-wise. If Marius can pull it off live, I'd rather we sent him than the rest of the Frenchy French entries of the lineup.

Okay category :)

4) La Tempête : The song is fine actually, cute is the word. I wish the guy had a less light voice though. And a bit too Gjon's Tears for me to get fully behind it.

Decent-ish, but I'd rather not :censored:

5) Il est où? : One of the better-crafted Frenchy French songs, but I hope we don't send something like this. Not my style.
6) Téléphone : I would not mind it... as an instrumental. Nice vibe, but the chorus is weak, and so are the vocals. And these lyrics...
7) Navigateure : Minus points for choosing a word that does not exist as a title. The verses are quite effective and catchy, but the chorus is a let down. Overall, it sounds cheap and unfinished. And Joanna's vocals are not it.

Um... :sleep:

8) Madame : Pravi somehow inspired other clichés. Neither good nor bad. Girl's charisma is nowhere to be seen.

A no-no :cautious:

9) Seule : a random x-factor/sia-esque kind of song. I can live without it.
10) Paris Mon Amour : classical jazz from the Golden era is a genre I'd like to hear at Eurovision, but this is not it. I am not sure what this effort is trying to achieve. Vocals are irritating and it's really outdated.
11) Chut : Not sure what is the point there. Forgettable.
12) Ma famille : bland. And it tries to channel the hook of Goldman's "A Nos Actes Manqués", but the comparison ends there.

To sum up :

Either Alvan et Ahez pull themselves together, win, and it would be quite the thrill as far as I'm concerned, because it's out of the box. OR we settle for a more conventional entry (namely Les Chansons D'amour) to secure a decent appearance in Turin (guess La Tempête might have a chance too). OR we just get something random for the sake of it.

As usual in our country, I don't think the choice will be that difficult in the end because we are the polar opposite of Albania : natural selection will happen because more often than not, our contestants can't sing, so the one who will get two notes right in a row will probably take it. Studio versions are not to be taken for granted.

With that being said, I'm pretty satisfied with having three songs I do enjoy and could potentially hit my top 10. And it would feel nice, the last time it happened was in 2011 with "Sognu"...

Good to see Boccolini back as host. She was hilarious last year. xheart I'll make sure to tune in on 5 March. xcheer

harey

I know that their live wasn't good but I have great hope that Fulenn will shine. I've seen under a live footage a comment of Alvan saying it was horrible so I think they can do best (and there was one of the three girls missing). However I keep thinking that Seule will win because they will certainly get a lot of votes and I can see the jury rooting for them. I like Seule but if the live of Fulenn is good I'm sure that I will be desappointed because it's the kind of song I wish for France for a long time now.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I know that their live wasn't good but I have great hope that Fulenn will shine. I've seen under a live footage a comment of Alvan saying it was horrible so I think they can do best (and there was one of the three girls missing). However I keep thinking that Seule will win because they will certainly get a lot of votes and I can see the jury rooting for them. I like Seule but if the live of Fulenn is good I'm sure that I will be desappointed because it's the kind of song I wish for France for a long time now.
Exactly my thought. Seule is the one I listen to on repeat, but if they can deliver Fulenn live with a great staging then we should totally go for it. It would be the entry I'd be the proudest of since... forever.

DirtyFalcon

Since Ukraine has choosed Kalush Orchestra for Eurovision, i think France should definitly go with Seule. I love Fulenn but i think we will severely suffer from the comparison with Ukraine song. A part of me says let's go with Fulenn because it will stand out a lot but also another part of me thinks Fulenn can be taken as a joke entry by people compared to Stefania and at the end with another folk song, it will not stand out as much.

Also Seule is basically the french Hold You from MF 2019. At Eurovision, I could see this song going top 10 at the juries and something around 15/20th at the televote, with a left side of the scoreboard finish, if not potentially top 10 with a very good staging. It's the safest option for a decent/good result.

Mainshow

Veteran
Since Ukraine has choosed Kalush Orchestra for Eurovision, i think France should definitly go with Seule. I love Fulenn but i think we will severely suffer from the comparison with Ukraine song. A part of me says let's go with Fulenn because it will stand out a lot but also another part of me thinks Fulenn can be taken as a joke entry by people compared to Stefania and at the end with another folk song, it will not stand out as much.

Also Seule is basically the french Hold You from MF 2019. At Eurovision, I could see this song going top 10 at the juries and something around 15/20th at the televote, with a left side of the scoreboard finish, if not potentially top 10 with a very good staging. It's the safest option for a decent/good result.
I heavily disagree with you. People also said that "Shum" and "Russian Woman" will steal each other´s votes because of being very "Slavic/ethno-sounding" as well as Finland and Italy will both suffer because of their "heaviness"/rock entries - in the end, all 4 entries ended inside the Top 10. Finland even being #3 in the televoing (#1 Italy).

Seriously, there´s enough room for like 3 rock entries, 3 up-tempo ethno-entries and 3 ballads in a field of 25/26 competitors.
"Seule" also includes a verse of rapping - which could also "steal votes from Ukraine" or even Germany (if we send Malik Harris who´s trying to be Eminem). If you really follow your points and apply to them regarding your national final, you better avoid voting for "Seule" AND "Fulenn" ;) - But I assure you, there´s place for both of them in Eurovision!

Top Bottom