Regardez moi enfin et mes yeux et mes mains
Tout c'que j'ai est ici, c'est ma gueule c'est mon cri
Me voilà, me voilà, me voilà
Voilà, voilà, voilà, voilà
Voilà​

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammy

Veteran
I just hope if Voilà wins they don't bring us (once again) any Eiffel Towers for the staging:ROFLMAO:. But yeah, I fully stan Barbara Pravi and if she represents France she will easily be in my top 10 this year unless some other masterpieces come into action.
I'm not so sure if we had the Eiffel Tower so many times on stage actually. I remember Alma with Requiem and the fatal Picards (but they showed so many other landmarks, that it wasn't really prominent). Otherwise... I mean last year it was just in the video, so that doesn't count cuz we don't know what the staging would've been like. So two times in over 60 years... not really that much.

crashworld

Veteran
The French's songs in this year's selection are pretty diverse. We have ethnic-inflluenced tracks, the signature French ballads and the modern pop/contemporary tracks. Will look forward to the national final, need to see them 'live' and hopefully with some staging.

Doesn't hurt that there are a few cuties in there. (Casanova & Terence James).

Looren

Veteran
I think that Barbara Pravi will win both jurys and televote, Andriamad will do well too, LMK will get 2nd in televote but will be blanked by the jurys

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I think that Barbara Pravi will win both jurys and televote, Andriamad will do well too, LMK will get 2nd in televote but will be blanked by the jurys
Yes for the first two predictions, absolutely no for the last. Unfortunately, I'm sure LMK will be tanked in televote, she's too contemporary to get enough support.
If I have to bet who the first 7 in televoting will be I would say : Barabara, Casanova, Cephaz (it's the only one I hear on the radio), Andriamad (hopefully), 21 Juin Le Duo (because of the genre proximity with Trois Cafés Gourmands which is appreciated), Philippine, AMUI.

Loindici

Veteran
Barbara will win the YOU poll democratically and I'm here for it xheat

Ezio

Veteran
I am underwhelmed with this selection. I guess I like "Je t'emmènerai danser" the most. It is very uplifting and I could imagine a great show.

crashworld

Veteran
I guess I like "Je t'emmènerai danser" the most.

I thought I am the only one. It was the first song I listened on Spotify for the French NF and that is before I even looked up for the entries. And I thought it's really good bar the repetitions of the same line. I love the bagpipe instrumentals in the back to give it a little traditional vibe despite being a modern dance track.

I also really like "Magick".

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
Yes for the first two predictions, absolutely no for the last. Unfortunately, I'm sure LMK will be tanked in televote, she's too contemporary to get enough support.
If I have to bet who the first 7 in televoting will be I would say : Barabara, Casanova, Cephaz (it's the only one I hear on the radio), Andriamad (hopefully), 21 Juin Le Duo (because of the genre proximity with Trois Cafés Gourmands which is appreciated), Philippine, AMUI.

I think that LMK is clearly a televote favorite, it's the same style that Aya Nakamura and Nakamura is well appreciated by the public

I agree for Casanova because he'll get all the Corsican support and his song will be supported as well by other regions

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I think that LMK is clearly a televote favorite, it's the same style that Aya Nakamura and Nakamura is well appreciated by the public

I agree for Casanova because he'll get all the Corsican support and his song will be supported as well by other regions
You realize Aya Nakamura isn't well appreciated, right ? Her public is very niche and mostly young, they don't watch ESC events. Outside of it, people listen to hear songs as guilty pleasure. There is a distinctive difference between appreciating something and showing your support for it.
And I beg to differ, Aya and LMK are very different, I would have never thought of making a comparison. I hope she will slay in televote but I fear it's too urban for most. She doesn't even have a fanbase that could help her.

Casanova will mainly get support because he has a nice face and voice. Corsican heritage might play a part but it won't be the main reason.

FRFanESC

Casanova was 2nd in The Voice so it'll help him too ;)
Yes, but unlike Battista, he didn't make a huge impression. Those saying that LMK could score well at the televote don't know how old France 2' audience is. Actually I'd love her to make a good show but I think she might not even qualify in the 8 final songs. I think the 8 finalists will be :
- Barbara
- Andriamad
- Casanova
- Philippine
- Céphaz
- AMUI
- 21 juin le duo.

For the last place, I don't know at all but if I could, I'd add LMK and I'd switch Céphaz or 21 juin le duo with Terence.

Nicfedy

On first listen On a Manger le Soleil is my favourite but some very entertaining entries. I appreciate the quality of Voila but don’t like it at all , too dramatic and don’t get the frenzied support. hope France goes for something upbeat.

Top Bottom