Me voilà dans le bruit et dans la fureur aussi
Regardez moi enfin et mes yeux et mes mains
Tout c'que j'ai est ici, c'est ma gueule c'est mon cri
Me voilà, me voilà, me voilà
Voilà, voilà, voilà, voilà
Voilà​

Last edited by a moderator:

Jopi

I'm in minority here, but I never ever connected with this song, I find it rather boring. The performance is gorgeous tho. I applaud her for almost doing the Sobral. I thought it would flop with the televote, but I was wrong.

toinou03

Why surprised, there are so many Moldovans in France (you have documentaries about Moldovans moving to France for work). Also... There are many Romanians...Romania did not qualify so maybe that was the reason as well. Maybe they voted for Moldova instead?
Really ? I've never seen anybody from Moldova 🤔 Romanians, yes a lot, they are well known for their good doctors. My dentist is a Romanian with a Russian name... I think that extra EU people can't do as much as EU ones as for working... Dunno.
Yet, once we would send tons on 12 to Serbia in semis but they don't live in my countryside. 😂

BTW, Natalia might have had a Solayoh effect... On the blog we ruled at the time, we had loads of requests "Alyona Lanskaya legs"... 🤣

Iker

Veteran

With Voilà coming second, what's the excuse for having overlooked this one? I'm waiting.

yeah, i'm still bitter about 2015 xqueenbitch
Lisa Angell's entry was dreary, stale and boring. You may think otherwise but this is not just my opinion. And it was also easily forgettable too, and the chorus was lacklustre. It was somewhat pretty overall, but that's not enough. I am sorry. Voilà is also classic & chic but much superior for me.

toinou03

With Voilà coming second, what's the excuse for having overlooked this one? I'm waiting.

yeah, i'm still bitter about 2015 xqueenbitch
She's not a huge dream-maker though she's got an awesome Voice. She managed to flop The Voice

She's not contest material. Yet she's our queen Lizzie for ever... xheat
eurovision-lisa-angell-conseille-d-envoyer-une-petite-jeune-l-an-prochain.jpg

John1

She's not a huge dream-maker though she's got an awesome Voice. She managed to flop The Voice

She's not contest material. Yet she's our queen Lizzie for ever... xheat
eurovision-lisa-angell-conseille-d-envoyer-une-petite-jeune-l-an-prochain.jpg
anyway, let's bring back barbara already xqueenbitch

ag89

Quite impressed we got televotes from every country, and 8 twelve. I never thought we'd achieve that. Actually, Barbara got twice more votes than Amir, which I thought was something we'd never overcome, and even one more point than Duncan Laurence 😱
Which means France has no right to complain anymore about neighbours or to bring "they hate" us argument. :)

GWTW1939

Barbara was fantastic, a well deserved 2nd xcheer

I only wish people went equally as crazy for Patricia Kaas and "Et S'il Fallait Le Faire" in 2009 (still my favorite France entry of the last 20 years!) if they wanted a old-fashioned style French chanson but I guess Barbara was more accessible and ESC friendly.

France can be very inconsistent so fingers crossed they build on this and don't fall down again next year

Ladynoir

I'm so so so proud of our little Barbara and so sad that she has to face such a backlash because of the French medias' mistakes. She seems to have a thick skin so I am glad she doesn't bother answering to anyone anymore.

I wonder if we will be able to keep that trajectory next year because when you look at our NF, no other song could have done as well as Barbara's one. In fact, I think we would have finished outside of the top 10 with all the other entries, except perhaps with Juliette but I'm not even sure.
So it's tricky, we need to remain serious and cautious, otherwise we may do the same thing that we did after Amir's victory (not that I wasn't happy with Alma's score, I was more bothered with our choice to send Madame Monsieur and Bilal with this song when he has much better things in his discography).

HayashiM

Veteran
I believe :fr: is actually quite consistent and not that bad at all - the last 5 placements being 6th-12th-13th-15th-2nd is a pretty good record (perhaps helped a little with 2020 not taking place, sure). :es:, :de: and :uk: fans would've all killed for such results and their almost permanent bottom 5 bookings (:de: had Michael Schulte and could have had Ben Dolic, but except for this it's also been really miserable. :uk:'s best result from these years is :fr:'s worst. :es: hasn't escaped bottom 6 since 2014). There can only be so many almost-permanent-top10 countries like :se: and :it:, but :fr: is recently in the next best tier after that - sometimes excellent, sometimes average, but never below.

:fr: is on a good trajectory. Just keep the NF format, try to make it slightly more of an Event, and make sure the public vote is capped so any Bilals in the running also need to have a strong jury merit. The victory is bound to happen, eventually.

Last edited:

John1

I believe :fr: is actually quite consistent and not that bad at all - the last 5 placements being 6th-12th-13th-15th-2nd is a pretty good record (perhaps helped a little with 2020 not taking place, sure). :es:, :de: and :uk: fans would've all killed for such results and their almost permanent bottom 5 bookings (:de: had Michael Schulte and could have had Ben Dolic, but except for this it's also been really miserable. :uk:'s best result from these years is :fr:'s worst. :es: hasn't escaped bottom 6 since 2014). There can only be so many almost-permanent-top10 countries like :se: and :it:, but :fr: is recently in the next best tier after that - sometimes excellent, sometimes average, but never below.

:fr: is on a good trajectory. Just keep the NF format, try to make it slightly more of an Event, and make sure the public vote is capped so any Bilals in the running also need to have a strong jury merit. The victory is bound to happen, eventually.
the voting is already capped. bilal shouldn't have won btw, his song was beyond-average

soulm8

She has been almost last in the Jury voting in Russia, Denmark and even Belgium. No points also from Georgia and Poland. That’s even funny and shows once again it’s not only about music. The jury members needs to be selected in a different way, this is beyond personal taste and nationalism.

musicfan

This is definitely largely praised for the performance and I suppose in some genres people likely do concentrate on that aspect. But at the same time that can limit those genres into quite a narrow musical style.

And if you look back at Eurovision history plenty of songs that finished at the top were admired more for their performance than being great songs. And songs that finish low become cult favourites as people feel they are good songs even if people don't think the singers look cool or don't have a more conventionally admired vocal performance.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Fun fact that I've just discovered: Carla, the French representative at JESC 2019 and spokesperson at ESC 2021, is the niece of Lise Darly, Monegasque representative at ESC 2005.

AlekS

Veteran
D2Z24bV.jpg

Youtube Weekly charts

Voilà charted in 33 countries.​

:nl: - #1 - 873k
:be: - #2 - 515k
:lu: - #2 - 24k
:cy: - #3 - 69k
:ch: - #3 - 206k
:ee: - #4 - 53k
:fi: - #4 - 184k
:is: - #4 - 20k
:lt: - #4 - 282k
:mt: - #4 - 51k
:se: - #4 - 277k
:at: - #5 - 122k
:fr: - #5 - 3.178 million
:lv: - #6 - 59k
:no: - #6 - 119k
:sl: - #6 - 78k
:gr: - #7 - 611k
:hr: - #8 - 181k
:de: - #8 - 886k
:dk: - #10 - 74k
:pt: - #11 - 307k
:es: - #11 - 1.318 million
:rs: - #12 - 400k
:ie: - #14 - 88k
:mk: - #20 - 76k
:ua: - #21 - 583k
:uk: - #23 - 620k
:ru: - #24 - 845k
:it: - #32 - 801k
:pl: - #60 - 434k
:cz: - #65 - 45k
:il: - #77 - 148k
:au: - #84 - 68k

6ayyvNz.jpg
- #45 - 15.5 million

Last edited:

harey

I'm listening to the latest 5 heures cinéma (a belgian radio show, they have biting humor and are not fans of eurovision, let's be honest) and they made me laugh when they said "don't forget than France has always loved Poulidor more than Anquetil" and it's so true, France is taylored for second place. 😭😂

Last edited:

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I'm listening to the latest 5 heures cinéma (a belgian radio show, they have biting humor and are not fans of eurovision, let's be honest) and they made me laugh when they said "don't forget than France has always loved Poulidor more than Anquetil" and it's so true, France is taylores for second place. 😭😂

Well that's quite accurate i have to say, in the end we love an underdog story.

Speaking of this show, this is the perfect occasion to share this marvelous track :

harey

@Flamenkax Glad to (virtually) meet an other fan!

I CANNOT hear the song without mentally adding the spoken part of "bonjour Rudy! Bonjour Hugues ! Une foule de sorties cette semaine au cinééééma". 😂

nudiecrudi

She has been almost last in the Jury voting in Russia, Denmark and even Belgium. No points also from Georgia and Poland. That’s even funny and shows once again it’s not only about music. The jury members needs to be selected in a different way, this is beyond personal taste and nationalism.
I don't think it's that the question.
France jury gave a big 0 to Italy.
Shound we discuss about that jury because they didn't gave even 1 point to the winning song?
We know very well the countries fighting for the top places hardly give high points the each other, or even nothing.
If you look at the Maltese jury results all over the years, you'll note that Italy has got high points each year. This year a big 0.
As a conclusion, jury voting is like this. We all know how it functions. There isn't a perfect way to organize an ideal jury. Juries are made of persons which can be influenced by so many different factors.

Top Bottom