Voilà, voilà, voilà, voilà
Voilà​

Last edited by a moderator:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

John1

Loindici

Veteran
Day 6 is the first rehearsal for Pravi! Hope she will do well!

Luffy

I have no worries that Barbara's singing will be flawless.
I just have hope for the dress and the staging.

harey

As John1 stated, Marie Miriam didn't vote for her in the NF. To me it's more a "the song doesn't fit the contest" comment because she is more into uptempo / party songs in esc.

John1

I'm not getting my hopes high whatsoever, since we're going to tank in the odds after our 1st rehearsal. xqueenbitch xqueenbitch

harey

I don't want to believe in a victory because it's the healthiest way to face a bad result. As a football fan, it has always been my way of life: wishing a victory but just thinking that it won't happen but nevertheless wishing a victory and thinking it won't happen. (Well, I'm glad I don't like France's song because the more I would like it the more le parpaing de la réalité would be dur à se prendre dans la trombine.)

popavapeur

It's not that hard to stage a song like this like do a Portugal 2017 ffs but I have war flashbacks from Amir and those horrendous planets lmao what a car crash. France TV need some good taste asap and they need it now.

John1

It's not that hard to stage a song like this like do a Portugal 2017 ffs but I have war flashbacks from Amir and those horrendous planets lmao what a car crash. France TV need some good taste asap and they need it now.
ngl, i was fairly impressed when they staged bilal's entry. xheat

popavapeur

Well that wasn't bad per se and I was impressed that we went from horrendous staging to no staging to pretty decent staging but at the same time something was kinda off in Bilal's staging even if it was well put together. (Maybe that was the song)

A-lister

Veteran
Still wouldn't like this as a winner in 2021 tbh, it's so odd because on paper it has what I want from a Eurovision entry (native language, proper representation of the country's music culture), but it's simply too dated and too predictable for Eurovision... this winning would be Portugal 2017 all over for me (although I think this song is much better). If the polls are really an indication, I cross my fingers for Italy as it would be a much fresher win for Eurovision.

I don't mind this in the top. 10 though (even if it's not in my personal top. 10), it's a competent song and again it has important elements of what I think a Eurovision entry should have, the problem is again that it would bring back the contest decades and this is one of the Eurovision brand's biggest obstacles and credibility issues imo to produce a winner that somehow feels relevant in this day and age and can have at least some sort of impact outside of the contest.

anto475

Still wouldn't like this as a winner in 2021 tbh, it's so odd because on paper it has what I want from a Eurovision entry (native language, proper representation of the country's music culture), but it's simply too dated and too predictable for Eurovision... this winning would be Portugal 2017 all over for me (although I think this song is much better). If the polls are really an indication, I cross my fingers for Italy as it would be a much fresher win for Eurovision.

I don't mind this in the top. 10 though (even if it's not in my personal top. 10), it's a competent song and again it has important elements of what I think a Eurovision entry should have, the problem is again that it would bring back the contest decades and this is one of the Eurovision brand's biggest obstacles and credibility issues imo to produce a winner that somehow feels relevant in this day and age and can have at least some sort of impact outside of the contest.
But the question is are we voting for the best song overall or are we voting for the best song to advance an image of the contest which you and others, but not everyone, hold? In my view, the Eurovision is first and foremost a song contest, and the best, regardless of the style, should win. This mainly because there is no one unified image of the contest. For some people it's a celebration of queer pride, so in this instance Vasil should win. For some people it's all about the bops, so Elena should win. For some people it's all about the messages of the songs, so Manizha should win. For some people it's all about awful music, so Jendrik should win. Do you see what I mean?

A-lister

Veteran
But the question is are we voting for the best song overall or are we voting for the best song to advance an image of the contest which you and others, but not everyone, hold? In my view, the Eurovision is first and foremost a song contest, and the best, regardless of the style, should win. This mainly because there is no one unified image of the contest. For some people it's a celebration of queer pride, so in this instance Vasil should win. For some people it's all about the bops, so Elena should win. For some people it's all about the messages of the songs, so Manizha should win. For some people it's all about awful music, so Jendrik should win. Do you see what I mean?

My personal favorite is Manizha and I am completely aware it would have no life outside of the contest :lol:

But what differs that from this one is that it's not only in native language and have elements from the local music tradition, it also tries to push the boundaries and mix in modern music and other elements as well, where this is imo just pretty conservative, dated and non-progressive.

Everyone of course has different taste, and to answer your question yes we should always support the songs we like the most, if this is people's cup of tea then go for it, I just think Eurovision needs something fresher than a song that could have won the contest 50 years ago (of course in a slight different package but still).

Top Bottom