Me voilà dans le bruit et dans la fureur aussi
Regardez moi enfin et mes yeux et mes mains
Tout c'que j'ai est ici, c'est ma gueule c'est mon cri
Me voilà, me voilà, me voilà
Voilà, voilà, voilà, voilà
Voilà​

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeus

Yeah, a good televote score will be a sure thing.

But the question for me remains. If you would put me in some kind of jury, I would try my best to be the most objective as I can. I would definitely acknowledge the class, emotion, sincerity and quality of the song and probably the performance as well. But as a televoter you, I guess, vote most of the time for a song (or songs) that you really, really like. And that's where I have my doubts. Will people really vote for this song in large numbers? Will this song have a wide fanbase like I could see entries like Italy, Malta, Lithuania, Ukraine, Finland etc having? To be honest, I don't think so.

VikingTiger

... Will this song have a wide fanbase like I could see entries like Italy, Malta, Lithuania, Ukraine, Finland etc having? To be honest, I don't think so.

For a large part I dont think France will be competing in the same segment/for the same votes as Ukraine, Finland, Italy etc... Amongst the televoters there are also people above 30, above 40 and even above 50 years of age! Many of whom will not vote for the most modern or daring stuff. In that segment I think France will have very much appeal.
I might be wrong, but it was hardly the televoters below 25 years of age that sent Sobral to the top.

HayashiM

Veteran
Yeah, a good televote score will be a sure thing.

But the question for me remains. If you would put me in some kind of jury, I would try my best to be the most objective as I can. I would definitely acknowledge the class, emotion, sincerity and quality of the song and probably the performance as well. But as a televoter you, I guess, vote most of the time for a song (or songs) that you really, really like. And that's where I have my doubts. Will people really vote for this song in large numbers? Will this song have a wide fanbase like I could see entries like Italy, Malta, Lithuania, Ukraine, Finland etc having? To be honest, I don't think so.

I believe there's televote market for this slow dreamy nostalgia (for the lack of better words), and :ch: and :fr: will split most of it (there's also, say, Georgia, Portugal, Austria and Slovenia, but all of these are considered to be borderline qualifiers at best).

The way I see it, this could be a victory on a very good day for one of these two (though more similar to Duncan's with around 500 points for the winner, rather than Salvador's and 700+). On the expected average day, this is still 150+ jury and 50+ televote points for :fr:, which is 200+ points and a comfortable top 10.

Zeus

Good arguments. But I just wonder how big these fanbases will be, compared to those for some other entries. And indeed, if there would be a more mature, classic group of voters, there is not that much to choose. Switzerland and France will for sure fight for these votes, and if they qualify also Belgium and/or Portugal maybe.

Ladynoir

For a large part I dont think France will be competing in the same segment/for the same votes as Ukraine, Finland, Italy etc... Amongst the televoters there are also people above 30, above 40 and even above 50 years of age! Many of whom will not vote for the most modern or daring stuff. In that segment I think France will have very much appeal.
I might be wrong, but it was hardly the televoters below 25 years of age that sent Sobral to the top.
That would be great to see the demographic vote at the end of the contest every year. It's unfortunate that with the current system it's impossible to get that information.

I am not sure about a more mature demographic being the target audience tho. I know France is not ultimate parameter to take into account but around me I've seen more people under 30 being thrilled by the entry that people over 30. That doesn't mean a lot because we won't vote for our own entry but it's still an interesting piece of information.

anto475

I wonder why Carla is presenting the votes and not Valentina? I really hope Valentina is incorporated into the contest somehow this year

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I wonder why Carla is presenting the votes and not Valentina? I really hope Valentina is incorporated into the contest somehow this year

Well, the tradition is that the JESC winner makes an appearance during the grand final so if all would've been well without that freaking Covid, she would be there on the Ahoy stage.

ARA answered to a question about that during their FTV press conference last week, Valentina won't be in person at Rotterdam. But she will be there during the grand final, surely live from the FTV studios in Paris.

BTW as a french, i'm quite curious to hear Laurence Boccolini commentating the semis all by herself. She seems really motivated and she seems to genuinely love the contest, idk i have a good feeling about her. Unlike Stéphane Bern just like every year go back to your 13th century castles idk

Last edited:

Ladynoir

I like Stéphane Bern commenting tbh but not alone or with a hollow personnality next to him. Laurence Boccolini is going to add the energy that was missing to his presentation, that'll be good. Their personalities complimented each other very well during the NF.

midnightsun

Veteran
not sure about the televoting results, but the juries will place it way higher tbh
I‘m not so sure. This is the songs juries are expected to vote for the most because it’s THE most typical jury-friendly song this year. But will they? I get France 2011 vibes. It could go either way. We already have some other very jury friendly songs like Switzerland on the one hand or Bulgaria at the other hand and I bet a quarter of the juries are bought to vote for Malta as well so... it all depends on the televote. I guess Malta‘s televote will be high but not as high as Barbara‘s televote. I can see her doing a Salvador Sobral. Switzerland is probably around #3 with both juries and televote, I can’t see him as the absolut winner right now (though I wish he was).

Luffy

Switzerland is giving me 100 times more France 2011 vibes to be honest.

This clearly give me Madame Monsieur & Patricia Kaas vibe, something that everyone will respect, maybe like, but less people than we hope will vote for.

I think top 5 juries, top 15 televoters hopefully.

As for Stéphane Bern, he is a bit boring. Hopefully Boccolini will bring back in a better way's Marianne James humor, and in a little more objective way.

Its okay to mock outfits, songs, even vocal performance a little, but I hate it when they completely destroy or stan an entry.

Last edited:

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
As for Stéphane Bern, he is a bit boring. Hopefully Boccolini will bring back in a better way's Marianne James humor, and in a little more objective way.

Its okay to mock outfits, songs, even vocal performance a little, but I hate it when they completely destroy or stan an entry.

Yeah, that showed in the NF.
Bern is boring and mechanical, and not only this : his comments during Europe Shine a Light were, like, completely out of place. I remember him speaking of Hurricane by this : "Well, they all look so... NATURAL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:" or totally destroying contestants name because "blahblahblah THis Is NoT fREncH I Can'T UndERstAND, Dadi og Gagamaganananagaga... pfeww wtf is this name lol".
While speaking all the goddamn time OF COURSE. I can understand they don't wanna make it too serious, but for me this mostly lack of professionalism in the end.

Good thing is, Boccolini clearly said she hates when commentators speak too much during ESC. So yeah i have a good feeling about her.

harey

Yeah, same for me, I hate when commentators have purposely bad pronunciation of foreigners' names and are mocking the way "hanhanhan, so difficult to say". It's LITERALLY their job, it's the same with football commentators, it's okay to not perfectly pronounce a foreign name but at least you can try and search before how it is supposed to be said. It makes me really angry each time.

tararaaam

Yeah, that showed in the NF.
Bern is boring and mechanical, and not only this : his comments during Europe Shine a Light were, like, completely out of place. I remember him speaking of Hurricane by this : "Well, they all look so... NATURAL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:" or totally destroying contestants name because "blahblahblah THis Is NoT fREncH I Can'T UndERstAND, Dadi og Gagamaganananagaga... pfeww wtf is this name lol".
While speaking all the goddamn time OF COURSE. I can understand they don't wanna make it too serious, but for me this mostly lack of professionalism in the end.

Good thing is, Boccolini clearly said she hates when commentators speak too much during ESC. So yeah i have a good feeling about her.
If only you heard the danish one, the negative stereotypes against other countries are really not uncommon. Thankfully this year we get a new one…I perfectly agree that it’s their job, and mocking “exotic” names is quite privileged to do.

popavapeur

I don't like our entry at all (Fortunately Piaf is dead so she can't put her in court)
But at the same time i'd love to see France winning and I do feel this can win the whole thing. Why is it with this soooong f**** me

Top Bottom