Tout c'que j'ai est ici, c'est ma gueule c'est mon cri
Me voilĂ , me voilĂ , me voilĂ 
VoilĂ , voilĂ , voilĂ , voilĂ 
VoilĂ ​

Last edited by a moderator:

heke1988

Is this just me, but does Barbara Pravi look a like Salma Hayek?:unsure:

moop

ugh, pretty but about as exciting as valium. i dont get france its like they take pride in how out of touch they are.

Antho

ugh, pretty but about as exciting as valium. i dont get france its like they take pride in how out of touch they are.
VoilĂ  is a 100% better than the cheesy song your country gave us last year. As much as it can be considered as dated, this just breathes authenticity, emotions and quality, and I'm here for it. Plus, Barbara is an excellent performer. I'm honestly really proud of what we are sending this year, no matter what the results will be.

moop

VoilĂ  is a 100% better than the cheesy song your country gave us last year. As much as it can be considered as dated, this just breathes authenticity, emotions and quality, and I'm here for it. Plus, Barbara is an excellent performer. I'm honestly really proud of what we are sending this year, no matter what the results will be.
to me it breathes of the morning after you have eaten way too much garlic. authentic or not its still a snooze that will end up in twenty second in the final and when anyone tries to recall how the song went they will think of some Edith Piaf song they heard in an old movie way back.

Voila is a 100% better than tusses voices though.

lasse braun

short question:
have not seen the french final - at which place pony x has ended?
televoting fine or not so fine?
have heard today all other songs from the final first time through that extracool veeeeeeeery looooooong recap. xrollinglol
voilĂ  is pure quality without a question but i like that song too.

mauve

Veteran
short question:
have not seen the french final - at which place pony x has ended?
televoting fine or not so fine?
have heard today all other songs from the final first time through that extracool veeeeeeeery looooooong recap. xrollinglol
voilĂ  is pure quality without a question but i like that song too.

Pony X landed on the 3rd place overall. Televoting 50pts, Jury 74pts. You can see it here:

Iker

Veteran
to me it breathes of the morning after you have eaten way too much garlic. authentic or not its still a snooze that will end up in twenty second in the final and when anyone tries to recall how the song went they will think of some Edith Piaf song they heard in an old movie way back.

Voila is a 100% better than tusses voices though.
I disagree, for me the song is full of life and feels timeless but each to its own. If you want some snooze than I recommend you to check France 2015 (hopefully its fans will no go at me).

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

I appreciate what France is doing this year, and on paper I should like this more I guess. It's obviously authentically French, it's sung in native language and it's not trying to hop on any particular trends however for some reason I can't get fully into it. I guess it sounds a bit too outdated for my personal taste. It's not a bad song though, but for me it's "only" a top. 20 so I don't really agree with the general hype here.

midnightsun

Veteran
This is probably my biggest fader. When this was released I wondered if this could be my favourite all the way through until May even though 37 songs were yet to come... turns out it can‘t. I still love this song a lot but it’s too movie-esque. Something overproduced for a US arthouse movie that takes place in France and gets played while the credits are on.
I don’t get Eurovision vibes of it any more.

Citelis

I wouldn't say that it's bad but i think that it is overrated inside the Eurovision community. It will get a decent result close or inside top10 but i can't see neither juries nor t/v voting that much to get in top3 as odds say.

lasse braun

This is probably my biggest fader. When this was released I wondered if this could be my favourite all the way through until May even though 37 songs were yet to come... turns out it can‘t. I still love this song a lot but it’s too movie-esque. Something overproduced for a US arthouse movie that takes place in France and gets played while the credits are on.
interesting point of view!
the french entry is authentic - no bad shit - quality but maybe more niche music.
US arthouse has nothing to do with this typical french chanson music.
overproduced?
you mean here also malta,switzerland or sweden?
that is the cool shit?
hmmm...

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • This song does a lot with a little and it's good to hear.
  • While it doesn't have powerful vocals, I don't mind that at all.
THE BAD:
  • Not my cup of tea, but this is the only thing.
THE VERDICT:

If this song wasn't already in the Final, it probably would have earned its place, anyway. While it's not for me, I respect the heck out of this song and Barbara. This song is great at what it does. It sort of teeters into the Broadway territory of singing, but not too much. Do I see this winning? No, but it might put up a fight. 8 points

mauve

Veteran
It's funny cause this is actually a song -unlike some others - that doesn't fade for me at all. :) Whenever I listen to it, it has the same effect like the first time: xheart I have to admit there were like two weeks in between where I didn't listen to it at all, but when I did again, I couldn't understand why I didn't listen. It's simply magic! The same way I feel about songs this year are from Finland (can't count how many times I listened to it), Italia, Germany (I heard Jendrik much much more than past entries actually) and Austria (yes, generic song, but it gets me nevertheless).

MAD20

She's soooooo adorable. There's a note she needs to improve a little bit but I'm sure this will definitely stand out. I also can't see why Gjon's and Barbara should cancel each other because their songs are way different, probably had VoilĂ  coincided with RĂ©pondez moi they would've been more similar, but it's not the case with Tout l'Univers. Both songs being in French mean nothing at all.

Top Bottom