Me voilà dans le bruit et dans la fureur aussi
Regardez moi enfin et mes yeux et mes mains
Tout c'que j'ai est ici, c'est ma gueule c'est mon cri
Me voilà, me voilà, me voilà
Voilà, voilà, voilà, voilà
Voilà​

Last edited by a moderator:

lasse braun

true authentic quality song from france!
love the courage that france has choosen an old school chanson!
but france is france - doing always their own thing every year like p.e. georgia.
could it win?
difficult but not impossible,if south-east europe & scandinavia love the chanson too.
tough test for the jurys - they will get some unique unusual stuff + strong voices this year like france,latvia,portugal,georgia,ukraine & lithuania.xqueenbitch
and italy is the joker.
the best french sung song this year is coming from...france.:mrgreen:
:10:

ayzelto

I have to say that I liked this more when I listened to it for the very first time. However I think this is a very good entry, so a top 10 will happen for sure.

Iker

Veteran
I was thinking recently that I really enjoyed all French entries from 2016 up to know but then I reminded myself about ill-fated last year at the ESC, and ...

I was trying really hard to recall who was supposed to represent France last year ... I tried and I tried to dig this one from my memory but I couldn't and I eventually had to look this up on youtube.

Somehow Thomas Leeb has become completely erased from my memory, maybe because his entry felt so irrelevant and was so forgettable - so it makes sense, I never cared for it. But damn, he is so handsome. He looks like a real life prince from Little Mermaid. I would not mind him representing France in the future but with a better entry.

Last edited:

I bims

Veteran
I was thinking recently that I really enjoyed all French entries from 2016 up to know but then I reminded myself about ill-fated last year at the ESC, and ...

I was trying really hard to recall who was supposed to represent France last year ... I tried and I tried to dig this one from my memory but I couldn't and I eventually had to look this up on youtube.

Somehow Thomas Leeb has become completely erased from my memory, maybe because his entry felt so irrelevant and was so forgettable - so it makes sense, I never cared for it. But damn, he is so handsome. He looks like a real life prince from Little Mermaid. I would not mind him representing France in the future but with a better entry.
I don't know who in the french delegation thought that a John Lundvik song in english was the right idea for france. No hate but I think John Lundvik is a terrible songwriter... it's all kitsch.

Iker

Veteran
I don't know who in the french delegation thought that a John Lundvik song in english was the right idea for france. No hate but I think John Lundvik is a terrible songwriter... it's all kitsch.
It was written by Lundvik? Wow, now I get why I dislike it so much. I also heavily dislike UK 2019 written by him. One can draw many similarities between these two.

Last edited:

FRFanESC

The same person that brought Valentina and Eurovision France, crazy, isn't it ?

Last edited:

Shadowfuxcs

I was very impressed the first time I watched the live performance, but that was the only time I managed to sit through the song without skipping or getting distracted. It is one of the biggest faders of the year and in no capacity whatsoever will it be in contention for the top. It will probably get the middle place finish that France gets since 2017 with chances of slipping in the top 10 if it performed after 20th in the running order.

VikingTiger

I was very impressed the first time I watched the live performance, but that was the only time I managed to sit through the song without skipping or getting distracted. It is one of the biggest faders of the year and in no capacity whatsoever will it be in contention for the top. It will probably get the middle place finish that France gets since 2017 with chances of slipping in the top 10 if it performed after 20th in the running order.
For most televoters they will watch the whole live performance just once, on May22nd. There will be no time for it to "fade" before the eyes and ears of the televoters. I expect the juries to absolutely love this.

FRFanESC

Personally, maybe I'm thinking that because I'm french, but from the moment she won, I've always thought she could be a contender as a jury winner with a quite impressive amount of points on the second. It's very unlikley but we never know. Maybe it will be a fanwank and she will do better with televoters than juries (I'd never thought Bilal and Mercy would rank better with the juries, after all). But I hope she will make it to the top 5 in the end, we absolutely need someone to replace Amir as the "popular eurovision contestant that did very well at the contest".

Last edited:

Ladynoir

She was not my favorite of the NF but she was my 2nd choice so I'm cool with her victory. I've been wanting us to send a fully French neo classical song for so many years. Besides, I have my opinion regarding bilingual songs and let's say I was not exactly happy with some of our latest choices over the last six years. So yes, Voilà is also an improvement regarding that matter, a great improvement.

I don't know about a victory, I'm never good at making guesses. What I know tho is that I will be proud of Barbara regardless. :)

I bims

Veteran
but from the moment she won, I've always thought she could be a contender as a jury winner
I think so too, she has a great shot at getting to 3rd place with the jury at least. If the public likes it enough she will stay in the Top 5.

Could be another situation like 2019 where the overall winner did not win either public or jury voting but was good enough in both of them to still take it. And "Voilá" could be that entry this year. I would be so happy.

ag89

Iran + Serbia = France xcheer
The girl is excellent. I have no idea how people will react on this very French song: for some people that might be too cliche, but for some that might be exactly what they wanted to hear from France. Anyway, I appreciate French effort.

Shadowfuxcs

For most televoters they will watch the whole live performance just once, on May22nd. There will be no time for it to "fade" before the eyes and ears of the televoters. I expect the juries to absolutely love this.
I think it will do much better with the televote and flop with the jury, like Italy in 2018. It is not the kind of song the juries care about. The juries didn't even favour Alma that was more "radio-friendly classical French" than this.

VikingTiger

I think it will do much better with the televote and flop with the jury, like Italy in 2018. It is not the kind of song the juries care about. The juries didn't even favour Alma that was more "radio-friendly classical French" than this.
When it comes to this I dont think the juries will reward radio-friendlyness.... but they will reward Barbaras interpretation on stage. I dont see Proud being very radio friendly f.ex. But time will show.

kopachka

After hearing all the songs I have a feeling that Barbara might win the whole thing. 🤔 She is not my favorite (kinda balancing between the 5th-8th place in my ranking), but this song is the only one I get the winning vibes from and the only one I can imagine seeing in the winner recaps in the future.

empo21

Veteran
Voilá is of those songs that has the showstopping potential imo, but I can't really put all my eggs in the French basket. France isn't that strong televote-wise, but this could definitely bring their best score since let's talk about Amir

Top Bottom