22 12.8%

16 9.3%

54 31.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
France-scaled.jpg

Antho

I love Yseult and "Rien à prouver" but her behavior is really random and I don't know how it would go with the delegation.

On the other hand, this song from Prequell would have been an amazing entry with a magnificent staging

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
[MENTION=15999]Antho[/MENTION] Absolutely. But we both know that a song with 100% English lyrics won't be picked.

Personally, I'm sure this girl has potential :

Antho

[MENTION=15999]Antho[/MENTION] Absolutely. But we both know that a song with 100% English lyrics won't be picked.

Personally, I'm sure this girl has potential :
I love Eugénie too but I'm not sure she's really into Eurovision.. sadly.

Loindici

Veteran
Doesn't mean Yseult should be the main artist, perhaps she's more comfortable being a composer? I'd like her to return composing.

Mrm

Veteran
Aya Nakamura?

tuorem

Aya Nakamura?

She's too famous and successful to even consider applying for Eurovision imo. Not sure she'd be interested anyway.

I guess it would be more likely to have her as a songwriter (like Maitre Gims for Louka in Destination Eurovision 2018) than as a singer.

Mrm

Veteran
She's too famous and successful to even consider applying for Eurovision imo. Not sure she'd be interested anyway.

I guess it would be more likely to have her as a songwriter (like Maitre Gims for Louka in Destination Eurovision 2018) than as a singer.

I know! :(

But who knows!!

I watched French movie "Yao" few days ago! What a wonderful movie! xheart

Antho

Still no news about DE. Either they're scheduling it later (that would be great tbh), either it's cancelled (that would be fine too)

Loindici

Veteran
Why cancel it? :confused:

FRFanESC

In 2017 and 2018, they officially opened submissions on june 21th. But this year, nothing has been announced yet. In the end of may 2019, I asked to our head of delegation on twitter if Destination Eurovision would come back or they would go back with an internal selection, he told me they were still reflecting for several options. They probably decided to go with an internal selection and honestly, I'm so happy with it. Anyway, I really don't think DE is planned for february because even if it was the case, it would not have prevented them to opened the submissions for next year, all the more that they are going to be very busy during the next weeks with the junior contest. For the moment, our head of delegation is on holidays so I don't think we will get some news for the next days.

John1

Why? Having any fan favorites winning it solely on the base of a huge fanbase would be a huge and heavy burden to carry over the years to follow. To be honest, I'm glad that Lisandro lost it to MM back in 2018, but hey, if it were truly up to songs and stuff, Bilal wouldn't even have stood a chance to make it through to the final of DE.

I say, get rid of this awful selection process and revert back to an internal selection ASAP. Amir and Alma did way better than those, who were picked out thanks to DE, even though MM did quite great, despite being predicted to end up much higher.

FRFanESC

Absolutely, with Steven Clerima (our new head of delegation), if we can get both the song + the staging at the same time, we'll definitely be back in the top 10, and even more, next year (I really hope so).

John1

Absolutely, with Steven Clerima (our new head of delegation), if we can get both the song + the staging at the same time, we'll definitely be back in the top 10, and even more, next year (I really hope so).

I assume that the staging is much better with Steven than Edoardo Grassi. The latter didn't even try to learn from his mistakes: his ideas regarding staging were always the best according to him. :lol:

Loindici

Veteran
I have to agree, DE's system has numerous incoherence. Considering this was a show to select the national entry, it has several crucial problems: no power to the French jury, 20 international juries, different sets of juries in semifinal and final, no televote capping, and so on.

I'm okay if they would go internal, but I don't want DE to go so soon :( probably 1-2 years of internal selection would be good to provide re-evaluation of DE before they could possibly launch it back.

John1

I have to agree, DE's system has numerous incoherence. Considering this was a show to select the national entry, it has several crucial problems: no power to the French jury, 20 international juries, different sets of juries in semifinal and final, no televote capping, and so on.

I'm okay if they would go internal, but I don't want DE to go so soon :( probably 1-2 years of internal selection would be good to provide re-evaluation of DE before they could possibly launch it back.

The main issue of this selection process is the fact that they show the whole results (televoting + jury voting) for every semi-final instead of just announcing those who made it through and those who didn't. To be honest, it comes out that people are influenced and incitated to vote for the ones, who didn't gather that many points.

How on the Earth, when you decide to hold a NF, do you choose to show split results right from the beginning rather than just maintaining some tension and suspense??? It doesn't make any sense.

FRFanESC

Yes, this is exactly what I want : go with an internal selection one year or two (and getting good results) and then come back with DE but with some changes : a show with 10 songs for a single evening, a big show in a big Arena and amazing stagings like Australia Decides, weight the televote results and make the whole thing around the 10th/20th of february.

Start a national final after Alma's disappointing 12th place (which actually is not that bad but for french, it was a bit "meh" after Amir's 6th place).

randajad

Veteran
I actually liked quite a bit both editons of DE songwise, but that voting system and all was very romanian. And these changes a la Australia Decides with arena concert and all would really benefit the overall look and auality of the show, and in some years in the future why not a regular festival. The thing is that I think that would not be interesting for French broadcaster in the terms of money, financing and such stuff. Also I always tought good results are 1-15, mediocre 16-20, and bad 21-27 (never forget 2015 :mrgreen:).

tuorem

Also I always tought good results are 1-15, mediocre 16-20, and bad 21-27 (never forget 2015 :mrgreen:).

So far though, I'm under the impression only Amir didn't disappear after Eurovision. Was it because of his top ten placing? I don't know. But Alma - whose result was more than decent - stopped getting media coverage, her song wasn't played on the radios and her album wasn't promoted iirc.

I'm not sure if I could include Madame Monsieur in that category as I didn't follow their journey, but I don't feel like I've seen or heard about them a lot since "Mercy".

Our problem is that the media (along with a part of the French eurofans) always shout from the rooftops we have a realistic chance of winning every single year, even when it's obvious the competition is much tougher than what they want us to believe, and this attitude can only lead to disappointment. However, I wonder if the final outcome of our acts does have an influence on whether or not record companies, radios, the press and whatnot keep investing in our past representatives afterwards.

I fear we don't have enough distance to analyse what's going, but since 2016, it's like not reaching the top ten is considered a failure. People have a short memory, not so long ago we were bottom 5 champions.

randajad

Veteran
So far though, I'm under the impression only Amir didn't disappear after Eurovision. Was it because of his top ten placing? I don't know. But Alma - whose result was more than decent - stopped getting media coverage, her song wasn't played on the radios and her album wasn't promoted iirc.

I'm not sure if I could include Madame Monsieur in that category as I didn't follow their journey, but I don't feel like I've seen or heard about them a lot since "Mercy".

Our problem is that the media (along with a part of the French eurofans) always shout from the rooftops we have a realistic chance of winning every single year, even when it's obvious the competition is much tougher than what they want us to believe, and this attitude can only lead to disappointment. However, I wonder if the final outcome of our acts does have an influence on whether or not record companies, radios, the press and whatnot keep investing in our past representatives afterwards.

I fear we don't have enough distance to analyse what's going, but since 2016, it's like not reaching the top ten is considered a failure. People have a short memory, not so long ago we were bottom 5 champions.

Same story here. Despite being imo quite succesful in the contest, Bosnians and Serbians will always say they failed unless pur entries are in the first three places, not even top 10. Also, there’s that croatian ESC portal where they every say they say their entry is the best, that they will win and how their representative isnthe best human alive ever, but after the results they either say Europe failed them on purpouse or the singer was shite. I guess you can never win with the home audience, unless you win the whole thing. I am fine with high expectations, but after you know the entry, you gotta be realistic unless you want to be disappointed. :lol:

Alma had that album, it was fine, but nothing special. To me it seems she does not try too much. Amir seemed to be quite popular after the contest, but lately I see his momentum slowing a bit. As for MM didn’t follow them much as well. :lol:

Top Bottom