22 12.8%

16 9.3%

54 31.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
France-scaled.jpg

Zonne147

:fr: is one of the few countries I agree with EVERY single result in the last 5 years (maybe I would put Mercy a bit lower and J'ai Cherché a bit higher - one of my absolute favourites of 2016).

I can't say anything bad about France, but I know they can do better.

Ezio

Veteran
It just struck me that France started off as favourite for the win four times in this decade (2011, 2016, 2018, 2019), but ended up in the Top 10 only once.

Could not have been more underrated?

Hola España, que tal? Te sientes infravalorada también? Qué pena!

Loindici

Veteran
It just struck me that France started off as favourite for the win four times in this decade (2011, 2016, 2018, 2019), but ended up in the Top 10 only once.

Could not have been more underrated?

Hola España, que tal? Te sientes infravalorada también? Qué pena!

Doesn't that mean :fr: is actually overrated?

John1

Please revert back to an internal selection ASAP. They could have internally selected Gabriella or Florina... xshrug what a waste

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Please revert back to an internal selection ASAP. They could have internally selected Gabriella or Florina... xshrug what a waste

When you see the 2012-2015 disaster, internal selection didn't do us much good...
However I'll admit that there's still a better chance of getting a Top 5 with an internal selection, implied they use the 'right' criteria. Nowadays with the public vote there's too much bias, as we saw this year with Bilal's fanbase.

I would like for 2020 something out of the box, something we couldn't have expected from France. I didn't like Portugal's song this year but at least it was inovative. I'm afraid however these potential artists aren't interested in participating in ESC, so no matter if it's DE or an IS.

John1

Nowadays with the public vote there's too much bias, as we saw this year with Bilal's fanbase.

Oh God, do not even remind me of painful memories, which occurred a while ago. I was so upset with this incredible yet ridiculously huge amount of points awarded to Bilal by the televote. That's how you ruin a whole national final by selecting someone, who wasn't even able to hit a single note correctly. xcookie

Antho

As crazy as it may sound, France Télévision wants to win Eurovision, more than ever. The man responsible of the program and the editorial strategy of the group promised to the president they would win the contest. Let's hope we won't be disappointed. Honestly, I hope we come back to an internal selection, I'm afraid a national selection would f**k everything up.

Alaska49

unless something like a duncan laurence with an arcade knocks on your door, something that will clearly do incredibly well and is leaps better than anything else you received, you do a NF. it's just a better choice if you can afford it. DE should stay and is on the right traxk anyway.

John1

DE is on the right traxk anyway.

141451-Birthing-The-Famous-no-Baby-No-Gif-Of-Nicole-Scherzinger-The-Moment-....gif

As crazy as it may sound, France Télévision wants to win Eurovision, more than ever. The man responsible of the program and the editorial strategy of the group promised to the president they would win the contest. Let's hope we won't be disappointed. Honestly, I hope we come back to an internal selection, I'm afraid a national selection would f**k everything up.

source?

harey

I don't agree with you on this : an internal selection doesn't mean that we would get a better song than with a national final. And I think that having a NF is really important here because it puts more interest into the context amongst french people and thats something we need if we want france television to keep promote esc every year.

harey

Yseult maybe? I really like her music! She was on the French jury back in 2015 a d worked on Là-Haut by Chimène Badi. She isn't really famous in France but she works with a lot of musicians and is connected to esc.

John1

Yseult maybe? I really like her music! She was on the French jury back in 2015 a d worked on Là-Haut by Chimène Badi. She isn't really famous in France but she works with a lot of musicians and is connected to esc.

This entry is hands down miles ahead of all DE songs up until now.

tuorem

Personally, I find "Rien A Prouver" fantastic: an atmospheric entry like that would be great for us. The lyrics are meaningful as well, it's the story of her life as an artist in four minutes.

Yseult has always been talented (and she's a beauty xheart). The question is: would she be interested in taking part in the contest herself? We don't even know what she thinks of the contest, do we? xthink

From what I've seen on social media, she seems to be a rather assertive and eccentric character. I think we need more artists like her, rather than interchangeable singers with no clear artistic vision.

harey

[MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION] I have no idea. I just randomly thought about her!

Mainshow

Veteran
If France wants to make a difference and end up being Top 3 in the televoting, they need to send Luc Arbogast.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Is Kendji Girac still doing well or he can enter Eurovision finally?

Nope, still doing okay :lol:
Or rather I think so, I'm not a fan so I don't follow his every move but he has no reason to participate in ESC.

Yseult has always been talented (and she's a beauty xheart). The question is: would she be interested in taking part in the contest herself? We don't even know what she thinks of the contest, do we? xthink

From what I've seen on social media, she seems to be a rather assertive and eccentric character. I think we need more artists like her, rather than interchangeable singers with no clear artistic vision.

This is our main problem. We have great artists with their own universe but they show no interest in participating in ESC, which leaves us with all the talent show rejects.
As for Yseult, she's okay without being a fav (Rien à Prouver is the song I like the least btw) but I would rather see someone like her than what we had in DE.

If France wants to make a difference and end up being Top 3 in the televoting, they need to send Luc Arbogast.

Ahaha why not, it would be interesting for sure :lol:

Top Bottom