23 10.6%

19 8.8%

24 11.1%

19 8.8%

14 6.5%

39 18.1%

• Total voters

Fluke

He's a King in the eyes of the public already, and he didn't need a high score to get a internatinal career going. I really thought he could be a surprise winner, but the performance really wasn't the high point of the final i expected.

Maybe it came across as a bit tryhard and over-the-top, there was already so much pro-LGBT and tolerance messages all over the entire event, and from other performances, it just felt kind of redundant to make it so explicit and such a major part of his performance. The staging could have focused more on Bilal himself and made a better impression, the text on stae was especially contrived. To quote Beavis & Butthead, "If i wanna read i go to school".

Good luck to him in the future, i think he's one of the real stars in this year's edition.

tuorem

I hope there won't another season of DE. Seriously, go back to internal selection.

I can't find the tweet I was looking for, I swear I read DE would most likely be back for a third edition. xthink

Forget about what I said for now. Let's wait and see until this matter is put on the agenda. Despite the mixed viewing rates, I personally can't see our broadcaster give up on DE so soon. But who knows?

If they keep the format, they could make some changes though: voting-wise I wouldn't mind ditching the international jury in the semis for instance.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
If they keep the format, they could make some changes though: voting-wise I wouldn't mind ditching the international jury in the semis for instance.

That's actually a good idea. I understand why there's an IN jury, but qualifying entries thanks to national jury + tv or televoting only would be interesting. This way we would be sure the remaining 8 would be the French people's choice.

As for internal selection, aside from Amir it didn't do us so much good these past few years...

crashworld

Veteran
For the efforts they put into the song and building the hype, it does seem it underperformed. But then again, thinking it objectively, the song isn't the best and Bilal isn't the best vocalist out there (but he did improve immensely). So a top 15 placing isn't that bad to be honest, considering he outperformed the more hype out/well-loved entries like Cyprus, Malta and Greece. France delegation should be happy.

To be honest, I was so afraid that France coming after Azerbaijan would have killed Azerbaijan's chances of doing well. But thankfully, it did not. Hehehhe.

Alaska49

international juries need to ditched... in the semis and in the finals. in every NF. forever. EVERYONE START COPYING SANREMO RIGHT NOW HOW MANY TOP 5s AND TOP 10s DOES ITALY HAVE TO GET UNTIL EVERYONE LEARNS.

Milos-BC

Expected outcome here. The song wasn't bad, but it wasn't too good either. Some aspects of the staging were good, some slightly confusing. So, a middle of the table is a realistic outcome.

:fr: can do much better than this.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Expected outcome here. The song wasn't bad, but it wasn't too good either. Some aspects of the staging were good, some slightly confusing. So, a middle of the table is a realistic outcome.

:fr: can do much better than this.

I was actually very surprised about the results. After 1st rehearsal he jumped to top 3 in the odds, both times he got the biggest applause in the press center , he got everything that was needed for win: voice, melody, composition, catchy song that goes into your skin from the 1st listening, effective staging, powerful message, lyrics. Why it didn't click with the audience and jurry is a big misery for me. I know I voted several times for this. Nevertheless, middle of the table isn't bad at all. Even if u win, it doesn't mean that's the best song. I will probably listen more song of Norway than Duncan's song after esc.

musicfan

I thought it was boring and the staging seemed desperate to make a message. Maybe it was thought gimmicky enough in Eurovision terms to be higher up the table but in a song contest I wouldn't have complained about it being bottom.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Bilal, I'm asking for forgiveness. You were 16th in my ranking at best, your franco-english mess made me frown more than once and your vocals weren't on points, but at least I can listen to your song on repeat and your chorus is pretty likeable. I actually caught myself humming it from time to time. And I know you poured your heart into this song.
I won't change my 6, but you grew on me.

Last edited:

yuya.rooo

Y’all did Bilal so dirty, I hope you’re happy with the alternative this year :sneaky:
But in all seriousness, France was on such a good way with their charismatic singers and more or less fresh and modern songs and now this...

ory26

Bilal, I'm asking for forgiveness. You were 16th in my ranking at best, your franco-english mess made me frown more than once and your vocals weren't on points, but at least I can listen to your song on repeat and your chorus is pretty likeable. I actually caught myself humming it from time to time. And I know you poured your heart into this song.
I won't change my 6, but you grew on me.

Pitoyable....

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Pitoyable....
?
Care to explain ? Do you think I'm pitoyable because I suddenly had a urge to go back to our entry from last year and maybe revise my opinion a little ? For the record, I kinda liked Roi, far from being my favorite because of the points mentioned above but it wasn't bad. I didn't wait for Tom Leeb to have some positive thoughts about this entry, the fact The Best in Me didn't live up to expectations only pushed me to express them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom