19 8.8%

24 11.1%

19 8.8%

14 6.5%

39 18.1%

• Total voters

MalagaToledo

Banned
Mans' homophobic statements date from 2014, and he competed in 2015. That's way too soon to change one's opinion. I think he apologized just to appease the fans before ESC.
Maybe he changed his opinion now that we're in 2019, but I think it's quite likely that he still had some anti-gay sentiments within himself while performing in 2015. But again we can never know what people think inside, we can only guess.
I remember when his fans sent custom made t shirts with sign heteros, homos, heroes. Then when interviewer said would he ever date a guy, he said yeah why not if I had those feelings towards men, I would date a guy. I mean he would try anything to do, even to sell his principles just to win esc. I think he should be last person to preach abt morality since he cheated on his ex girlfriend and sent naked pic to a girl.

On topic, bilal has good position and is placed between wtf staging of aze and clap guy. I still think he has chances to win even though ned odds are the highest ever. I don't get that hype since I saw his performance yesterday and there were good and bad parts.

wtf

Mans' homophobic statements date from 2014, and he competed in 2015. That's way too soon to change one's opinion. I think he apologized just to appease the fans before ESC.
Maybe he changed his opinion now that we're in 2019, but I think it's quite likely that he still had some anti-gay sentiments within himself while performing in 2015. But again we can never know what people think inside, we can only guess.

Well, his homophobic comments sounded more like ignorance than just an opinion. I'm sure going to Eurovision and being among so many queer people simply widened his mindset.
It may be too soon to change an opinion, but one year is definitely enough to be shaken out of your comfortable "white straight main" world and shown the diversity of people.

And I don't get being against people changing their opinion for the positive, even if it's fake? :rolleyes: We don't know what any celebrity thinks behind closed doors tbh.

crashworld

Veteran
it is very hard to predict :/

1. Azerbaijan didn't do so well and apparently Italy's staging is underwhelming when France did surprise = we're in a good spot

2. Azerbaijan did great and they still believe in a good ranking from Italy = we're the thin lettuce in a fat sandwich

I guess we won't know until saturday. I do think that Azerbaijan wasn't that great but at the same time I would still believe in Italy (a mix of both options).

I was so pissed when I see my 3 favourites are performing back to back (Azerbaijan - France - Italy). And best of all, they put all the high impact and elaborated stagings back to back starting from Iceland to Italy. They are going to kill each other as the viewers will feel exhausted and visually overwhelmed.

I got a feeling Azerbaijan did better than expected because it seems Chingiz are doing quite well in the iTunes/Apple/Spotify charts after the semi. And looking at the youtube views, his semi-final performance is the 5th most watched performance of the semi and even higher than Italy's performance. His odds are shortening too.

But then Bilal is a more well-known youtuber and also had a great staging that elevates his song. So the only conclusion to me is that that Bjorkman guy is trying to sabotage Azerbaijan/France/Italy winning chances by having them performing back to back.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Let's go :fr: I think a lot of people will resonate with the message of the song. It has effective staging, great voice, catchy song and it will be high not just with temevite but with jurry as well. I know I will call few times for bilal. If anyone is interested he is performing among last contestants between robotic hands and clap guy. :mrgreen:

John1

He got what he deserved. Now his fans are mad at the EBU and I'm enjoying the tea actually. xqueenbitch

Realest

Surprised Juries liked him more

Brandt

The performance got me really emotional. France deserved a top 10, honestly.

Amethystos

Got really disappointed by the lack of class!

France had always found a way to the good taste of average european, this year's entry was totally cheap though!

tuorem

It was the result I was expecting at best honestly (I thought he'd be around the 15th place)

Alma = 12th; Madame Monsieur = 13th; Bilal = 14th :mrgreen: We had the answer right in front of us all this time, see you in 2020 for the 15th place.

Seriously though, I think Bilal can be proud of his performance, there was nothing to be ashamed of and we had a rather solid staging overall (even though there were unnecessary elements). The thing is the song wasn't attention-grabbing (to say the least), the running order turned out to be not ideal (since Chingiz and Mahmood did super well) and the message alone wouldn't have carried us higher on the scoreboard anyway.

Never was a fan of the song, but I applaud Bilal for being so involved in his performance. It was refreshing to have a representative who knew Eurovision and wanted to put on a show. With another composition, I might have rooted for him tbh.

Apparently, there will be a third edition of Destination Eurovision, so I hope we'll send a package with good potential to build on our last results. :) I look forward to our future stagings with Steven Clerima, he knows what he's doing.

Alaska49

of course much drama was made about him with many extremists (me included) for him to get the exact same middle of the table 14th place they've been getting for the last 3 years lol. so proud of him though, one of the best today.

aef

This result was so obvious... I like it how the bubble is always going crazy about random songs xqueenbitch

ory26

It was the result I was expecting at best honestly (I thought he'd be around the 15th place)

Alma = 12th; Madame Monsieur = 13th; Bilal = 14th :mrgreen: We had the answer right in front of us all this time, see you in 2020 for the 15th place.

Seriously though, I think Bilal can be proud of his performance, there was nothing to be ashamed of and we had a rather solid staging overall (even though there were unnecessary elements). The thing is the song wasn't attention-grabbing (to say the least), the running order turned out to be not ideal (since Chingiz and Mahmood did super well) and the message alone wouldn't have carried us higher on the scoreboard anyway.

Never was a fan of the song, but I applaud Bilal for being so involved in his performance. It was refreshing to have a representative who knew Eurovision and wanted to put on a show. With another composition, I might have rooted for him tbh.

Apparently, there will be a third edition of Destination Eurovision, so I hope we'll send a package with good potential to build on our last results. :) I look forward to our future stagings with Steven Clerima, he knows what he's doing.

I agree with all you post..except the first sentance, as i really believed that we will have a top 10 ranking, around 8th....but we can not say 14th is that bad.

Happy if Destination Eurovison come back next year, it's a good program and as you say Steven Clerima seem to know what he is doing.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Yeah I realized this would bomb as soon as Soldi finished; Mahmood provides a much more authentic, organic emotional pull than Bilal did. Oh well, still enjoyed him tho. :shrug:

John1

Oh God no... where did you see that?

tuorem

Oh God no... where did you see that?

Oh God no :lol: You crack me up!

I think I've read that on a french Twitter account that followed DE and Bilal's journey with exclusive pictures, access to the NF and whatnot. I don't remember if our broadcaster confirmed it, so please take it with a pinch of salt until I find the source again. I'll look for it tomorrow.

cegs5

While France won me over tonight after ignoring their entry since it was chosen, I can see many voters at home seeing Bilal amd the staging "trying too hard".
It was very touching performance indeed, but for many people it could also come across as OTT.

Alaska49

i am down for a third edition of the french public makong the right decision and fucking destroying the dreams of fans with weird and boring taste!

Top Bottom