19 6.5%

11 3.8%

6 2.1%

8 2.7%

2 0.7%

19 6.5%

• Total voters

WhoKnows

Not surprised this flopped after seeing the performance. It lacked the intimacy and the atmosphere that the song required. I actually prefer their simpler presentations from their NF and Vidbir. I didn't care for that arm waving either. And last, JPG was probably not the right choice to design their costumes. That half skirt "Monsieur" had on was pretty distracting.

darkap

During the whole week, in the press centre I was the only one to shout out "They won't win! Bad french staging for the 8958955 time.". And I was right, because it worked out just for the last 30 seconds and all I could hear was Mercie/Mercy and nothing more. France didn't live up to it. Also, Europe is not positive about a migrant song, but that's another question sadly.

Realest

I think the Juries were right, when they wanted Lissandro to win.

Sammy

Veteran
I'm sorry for France! But one shouldn't qualify it as a flop. Remember the times before Amir where a place like France got this year would have been a great relief. They did their best but in the battle of the "songs with a message" Italy had probably the better ideas to convey it. Cheer up - next year an even greater song will come out of the new edition of the NF (that France should under all circumstances organize once again!)

Sammy

Veteran
I'm sorry for France! But one shouldn't qualify it as a flop. Remember the times before Amir where a place like France got this year would have been a great relief. They did their best but in the battle of the "songs with a message" Italy had probably the better ideas to convey it. Cheer up - next year an even greater song will come out of the new edition of the "Destination Eurovision" (that France should under all circumstances organize once again!)

One day later - the confirmation! xbowxwave1

John1

hawadharma

When post-ESC is kicking in... I just want to share the latest single from our Malaysian singer.. "Starfeather"
About peace .. a beautiful and meaningful song like Mercy :)

Sammy

Veteran
I can't think of NF other than the french this year where there are so many artists I want to come back for the NF next year! xheart

kayak

I didn't understand any single word, but i loved her passion. She was concentrated on singing, not on staging. This is the reason why i hoped, that this entry win, but reality was unfair and brutal

Preuss

This is also an entry I thought should've had LED screens to get through with the message
I mean, how many percents of the population in Europe understand French?

Mainshow

Veteran
I still don't get it why fans praised this entry. It was a cute little Indie-Pop entry with an important message (but shouldn't people complaining about Ukraine 2016 being "too political" for Eurovision be vocal about this entry as well or does France get away with such entries (see France 2015)?)

Personally, I think that the vocals were a bit flat and the performance was too uneventful whilst the song was quite repetitive and it seems that Europe did agree with me. I was a bit "afraid" of it winning since so many fans seem to be euphoric about that entry... don't get me wrong, it's a nice tune but just "average" for me.

Preuss

Does anyone know where I can find the lyrics of the full version of the song - French and English? :)

Preuss

Well, I was kinda looking for somewhere where I could screen the french and english lyrics while listening to the song to improve my French :D
I guess I could do it the hard way though, writing down the lyrics from the videos :rolleyes:
Thank you though!! Merci!

Schlagerman1

God, I got to listen to this marvelous song again, it is for me the best french entry in decades....And then have France been so good lately. But this, despite the weak performance, is just too good of a song to not have it near my heart. xrose

Preuss

God, I got to listen to this marvelous song again, it is for me the best french entry in decades....And then have France been so good lately. But this, despite the weak performance, is just too good of a song to not have it near my heart. xrose

What else could they've done with the performance, would you suggest?

Top Bottom