14 5.4%

10 3.9%

8 3.1%

5 1.9%

2 0.8%

8 3.1%

• Total voters

John1

i think there is always delusion. When you're hearing the same song 2000times+ you're kind of forced to "like the song" or get used to it and not seeing what is wrong in it anymore. And of course, big favourites are always the ones that suffer the most. So I guess the answer is in between. I think you have to keep in mind it's anyone's game till the very last second and be open to improve every time, even if we're telling you, you're the best and on the other hand it's kind of awkward that only one website gave a bad review when people are mostly positive about it elsewhere (sounded like a hater thing you know)

THIS phenomenon did totally occur with "Requiem", as its odds keep growing, though this was one of the best rehearsals, which we have seen. Moreover, we can indeed compare this with "City Lights', due to the fact that Blanche has been roughly criticized by all of the newspapers/websites, which are related to this contest. I don't understand why tbh, what they precisely expected regarding :fr: or :be: with its rehearsals.

It's pretty difficult and complex at the same time to figure it out, as the odds of both of those countries are still increasing, while "Lights and Shadows" along with "Never Give Up On You" are constantly becoming much more popular than ever before. Once again, I can't get it, as Alma and Blanche do deserve much more than sinking in the overall scoreboard on "oddsbetting".

WELL WELL WELL.

popavapeur

[MENTION=15070]John1[/MENTION] I don't really trust the odds actually. They can get really messy sometimes and just for this reason they just prove how wrong they can be. Actually people that are betting are mostly fans and we know how fans can be very wrong about some entries. So it may be a hint (of course Italy/Bulgaria are gonna do well) but I won't sell the bear's skin before we killed it.

ZoboCamel

it's kind of awkward that only one website gave a bad review when people are mostly positive about it elsewhere (sounded like a hater thing you know)

It... really depends on which websites you tend to follow, though. A lot of the major news-based sites - think along the lines of Wiwi - tend to avoid being particularly negative about anything, as they want good relations with the delegations (since events like this show delegation members can be touchy to say the least). I've found that the most unbiased opinions on these things tend to come from the more strictly prediction-based sites; ESCTips, and to a lesser extent Sofabet and EntertainmentOdds, are my go-to choices here. These are people who've spent a long time analysing what does and doesn't work at Eurovision, who go over the camera feeds with a critical eye from the press centre, who put their money where their mouth is, etc.

And most of the opinions from these more analytical sites have been that, yes, France have kind of screwed up their staging again. I've avoided watching the rehearsals myself, so I can't give much of a personal opinion, but the large majority of comments I've seen myself have been that the stage looks far too empty, there needs to be more happening, the backdrop doesn't fit the vibe of the song, and some camera angles are vertigo-inducing. I'd love nothing more than for these sorts of reviews to be wrong, as I do enjoy France's song this year (it's around my 10th to 15th) and I'm the kind who wants every song be a pleasant surprise live anyway.

But there's absolutely reason for concern, is my point, and it can help to consider the biases and tendencies of the media you're looking at.

Milos-BC

:fr: is strong this year as well. The song is easily in my top 5 and I am pretty sure that it will not end up outside top 10 on Saturday :D

8 points.

Sammy

Veteran
For me, it's my number 2. If someone beats Italy, it should be her.

GWTW1939

Does anybody else fear this might be picked to close the show? They will want to close the show with a bang and feels like it :oops:

I hope not since performing last is hardly an advantage to start with and with the second half so much weaker then the first by the time they get to the last song people really will have tuned out. I'm praying Alma bounces back for at least a top 10 finish xpray

GRE

I hope not since performing last is hardly an advantage to start with and with the second half so much weaker then the first by the time they get to the last song people really will have tuned out. I'm praying Alma bounces back for at least a top 10 finish xpray

Oh please..
In 2015 Italy won the televoting with 366 points.
They performed 27th !!!

Alaska49

good fucking lord, her backdrop. she doesn't even need to BE on stage for this to be top 10. who knew france had it in them? i hope this new surge of competence is here to stay like latvia's (regardless of results because poor latvia).

genreJake09

I have/had it high in my list, but I think that this could also be a fan flop, ending somewhere around the 20th place...

I don't see more than two of the big 5 countries finishing in the top ten, I'm not being disrespectful I just don't see how with such variety of performances. The jury will make sure it doesn't finish poorly as it doesn't deserve to, should pick up 4 pointers or maybe I'm totally misreading how countries juries mark

John1

I don't see more than two of the big 5 countries finishing in the top ten, I'm not being disrespectful I just don't see how with such variety of performances. The jury will make sure it doesn't finish poorly as it doesn't deserve to, should pick up 4 pointers or maybe I'm totally misreading how countries juries mark

What about 2012? :lol:

If I ain't wrong this time, I remember that :de:, :it: and :es: (along with :az:) did finish in the top 10, whereas their performances weren't alike.

ParadiseES

Oh please..
In 2015 Italy won the televoting with 366 points.
They performed 27th !!!

But Italy only had Russia two spots before. France is after 3/5 from the odds top-5... The problem is coming last after them, not just coming last.

John1

But Italy only had Russia two spots before. France is after 3/5 from the odds top-5... The problem is coming last after them, not just coming last.

It doesn't matter tbh, as "Requiem" is as stunning as most of the songs in the grand final. xrose

tuorem

:fr: :fr: :fr: xheart Good luck to Alma and my own country. xheart :fr: :fr: :fr:

I rarely like our songs (I've never been patriotic) and it didn't bode well this year for me either with the original version of "Requiem". BUT the revamp happened and I ended up loving this effort. To me, this is one of the few really great songs this edition - we aren't perfect - but I sincerely hope we will be rewarded tonight.

"O Holy Indila, please bless your devoted child Alma prior to the Eurovision High Mass. May our requiems and altar candles take her to paradise (see lyrics) and grace us with a high placing for the sake of our country. So let it be" xpray :mrgreen:

I am glad that we will close the show tonight, because I always feel like the last act to perform stands out de facto. But I indeed worry about us following Bulgaria, hopefully people won't pointlessly compare us and will support both acts. Let's keep the faith :p

Sammy

Veteran
Vas-y Alma! xheart
I really hope this will surprisingly pop up in between Italy and Portugal fighting with them for the trophy. It would be just fantastic having french, protugese and italian in the top 3.

Top Bottom